Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > General Discussion > Old World RPG (2.113) Conversion to Universal RPG (4.987)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Old World RPG (2.113) Conversion to Universal RPG (4.987)

My computer is scheduled to arrive tomorrow...

The specifications for my server...

Technical:

650 Pentium Three Processor

256 MB SDRAM

20 GB HD

Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Only nessecary programs running on server to give more system resources to the RPG Server (PCAnywhere Host and the ones Windows requires will probably be all)

Able to run at least 16 players with no lag or little lag. (I had Old World RPG running off of this comp and no one experienced lag until I got on the comp.)

Now that I will have a new computer, I will no longer use this one as a primary computer.

Information:

Admins: Me only! If I decide to have another admin the admin will have level one admin clearance to check for cheating among characters.

Dedicated: 24/7 except during maintenance (which is rare), excluding people trying to crash server, hack, etc...

Character files: Your password shall be distributed to no one other than yourself without your consent. I will not change it without your consent either, unless in the case of you cheating. I realize the amount of work you put into a character as I have had many that have been messed with in the past. Admin abuse shall be non-existant on my server as long as you do not cheat and use common sense while playing on my server. Do not piss me off or anyone else. Show respect to everyone on the server (Or at least attempt to.)

Quests: Quests for EXP, LCK, SP, or Coins I am 99% sure shall be non-existent considering the fact that these are obtainable without admin power. Quests for special items obtainable solely with admin power shall be rare and will not be easy to accomplish if any quests happen.

As the server admin, I have the ability to give myself special items. Special items obtainable only with admin powers in my inventory shall be non-existant considering they may be mugged. Do not steal from me in the first place! Stealing from an admin may result in a kick or other punishment as I see fit. Be cautious of your actions.

Server shall be running the newest version of RPG, 4.987.

Friends of mine, please do not ask me for items or admin power. If you really are my friend you will refrain from doing so. The answer is no and you should already realize that.

Final note:

As you may see from the above notes, you will probably realize that this is going to be a serious server. I hope you make Universal RPG your new home. My number one policy for this server shall be as stated earlier:

No admin abuse! Period.

Thank you.

(I chose the name Universal RPG because many of my names are related to the Universe. If you have any other non-sexual or non-offending names, please specify in a post. Thank you.)

(Old World RPG Characters shall be cleared from the server. This I am very sorry for but it seems as the right thing to do. Post your view of this matter if you are related to this matter.)

Solar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Any action by the server OWNER is not abusive. S/He can do whatever the hell s/he wants.

Anyway, no admins=good. Very few quests=good.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

I thought about making no admins but it would very hard on my part. Ill try to make a legit char though.

Im just going to be very cautious with every action I make on the server before enacting it...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-BattleLore
OgreDreadnought

Good Luck!

Thanks.... but No Thanks. My home is at Official Beta Temp.

Good Luck with your server though.... I may or may stop by on your server..

-Nuff Said.-
www.ShadYBunCh.sites.cc
Run Cuz the UberFuffian will get you!

Long Live The KINGS! ...R.I.P Kurt Cobain!

-SB-BattleLore is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-BattleLore Click here to Send -SB-BattleLore a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-BattleLore Visit -SB-BattleLore's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-BattleLore Add -SB-BattleLore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Re: Good Luck!

quote:
Originally posted by -SB-BattleLore
Official Beta Temp.

Temp If its not up you're always welcome at my server!

And btw, I hope to have it up and running by at least Thursday. I just have to config the server.

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:56 AM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Bah... So are chars are all gone?

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

I might write down the EXP of major characters on Old World RPG since they use very similar EXP systems and give that EXP to persons wanting the EXP they had in Old World Back to them... This is not final. It is a suggestion and would have to be thought out after discussing it with many ppl...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:08 AM
Toaster
Master of Toast

quote:
Originally posted by SolarRPG
I might write down the EXP of major characters on Old World RPG since they use very similar EXP systems and give that EXP to persons wanting the EXP they had in Old World Back to them... This is not final. It is a suggestion and would have to be thought out after discussing it with many ppl...

Bad idea. Clear em all completely.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

My main goal in this is to re-unite many oldbies and old friends in one server, have many players on the server, and increase the popularity of RPGMOD through my server.

Apparently this is a difficult goal to obtain to get everyone back but i will try... if you guys could help thatd be great!

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:26 AM
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

I have to agree with Toaster. Full wipe is the only way to go. Building people characters in any form wouldn't be too cool.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Okay than the server clear is now closing in on becoming final... thanks for your opinions guys

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:36 AM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Solar could you send me my char file? I wanna see what it looks like at that version...

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

get on ICQ

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:50 AM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Bump from 2.113 to 4.987

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 07:32 AM
CiClopse
TravellerThug

Im a level 18 on your server... can i have admin??? J/J... hehe Brad plays again, Im trying to get him to d/l it. He says hes afraid to get addicted to it again. Ya wanna go to the river this weakend? Its supposed to have alot of wet T-Shirt contests at the Prop Stop....

CHECK MY FRO OUT!Appear

CiClopse is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 01:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CiClopse Click here to Send CiClopse a Private Message Visit CiClopse's homepage! Find more posts by CiClopse Add CiClopse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CiClopse
TravellerThug

Solar DONT LISTEN TO THEM!!! Just write down all the major characters(mainly me) and when you see them on make em lvl 60 or sum...

CHECK MY FRO OUT!Appear

CiClopse is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 01:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CiClopse Click here to Send CiClopse a Private Message Visit CiClopse's homepage! Find more posts by CiClopse Add CiClopse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CiClopse
TravellerThug

OooOOooOO.... Goblin Wizard..... I could possibly kill a mino reaper....

CHECK MY FRO OUT!Appear

CiClopse is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 01:06 PM
Particle

I just bought a Hitachi 21" monitor. By itself, this is good, but my computer decided to completely fry the morning after I bought the damn thing from Hawaii. Now I am on a slow computer about twice a day (as it takes so long to get to) until I can figure out what's wrong. I have changed everything out in my computer and am still having problems so I am dumping my HDD onto another machine to backup what I can. The C: partition is gone completely though. Damn this sucks. I can't afford a CPU/motherboard combo right after I bought this damn thing.

It looks like I won't be seeing you guys much this week, I'll see if I can get playiong on your server, Solar, when I get back online... Later all.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest." - Unknown
"Eh?" - Particle

Particle is online now Old Post 06-27-2001 02:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Particle Click here to Send Particle a Private Message Click Here to Email Particle Visit Particle's homepage! Find more posts by Particle Add Particle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Im good with partitions and formatting if you need help in that particular area particle... Call me Ci sometime around oh 11 when i wake up again thanks

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 02:51 PM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Oh and btw the first package for my comp came in yesterday.

ARRIVAL SCAN BATON ROUGE LA 06/27/2001 03:26:00 A.M.

Hehe and I live in BR

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 02:54 PM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Hey blade, Ill only send you the char file only if you play on my server running 4.987 when it comes up Hehe jk man

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 03:06 PM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Hum.. I'm not sure I have a remort level 38 on psy2k... And I like the 75 sp per level rofl. I probally will play at your place... The 75 sp per level kind of gets old... And the rapier that kills a uber in 5 swings... That was kind of fun tho.. I'll start a char in yours... I'm not home right now so I don't have ICQ just send it to bladerunner_18@hotmail.com... Or just wait a few hours while I drive 5 ****ing hours listen to some country western station *shoots himself*

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 04:53 PM
CiClopse
TravellerThug

Want me to call ya now?....ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!! AHHHH!!!

CHECK MY FRO OUT!Appear

CiClopse is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:40 PM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

I took the batteries out of the phone because i was sleeping and too many ppl were calling lol... sorry!

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:52 PM
CiClopse
TravellerThug

Put them back in im callling you now...

CHECK MY FRO OUT!Appear

CiClopse is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:53 PM
CiClopse
TravellerThug

Answer

CHECK MY FRO OUT!Appear

CiClopse is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:56 PM
CiClopse
TravellerThug

Im talking to you...

CHECK MY FRO OUT!Appear

CiClopse is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 05:58 PM
CiClopse
TravellerThug

MmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMmmm....... Frozen Pizza..... Ice.... Frozen Pepporonizes

CHECK MY FRO OUT!Appear

CiClopse is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:00 PM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 10] = "bladespasswordedited";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 11] = "5";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 17] = "7";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 18] = "5";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 19] = "3";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 1] = "MaleHuman";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 20] = "8";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 21] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 22] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 23] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 24] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 2] = "490";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 3] = "-611.665 1894.53 49.2911";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 4] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 50] = "12";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 51] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 52] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 53] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 54] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 55] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 5] = "0";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 666] = "IP:1.1.1.1edited";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 6] = "250";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 0, 9] = "#say";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 1, 1] = "RobedHood 1";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 1, 2] = "ClothTunic 1";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 1, 3] = "KnittedBoots 1";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 1, 4] = "Dagger 1";
$funk::var["Bladerunner---", 1, 5] = "ArrowAmmo 1";

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:12 PM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

If Vectrex or Aleman wanted to be admin on my server (I think Aleman accepted but no response from Vectrex yet.) would you guys like them to be server admins? Both are good Quest Masters and are reliable admins. What do you think? Bad idea? Good idea?

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 06:20 PM