Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > False Servers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

False Servers

Apparently it just happened again with GDR3 Smokin'.

People have been putting up fake servers with names identical to popular ones, in hopes of getting usernames and passwords which they can then use to hack your character.

If you log onto a server, and see the "choose a class" thing, either immediately log out, or pick anything, then type #setpass xxx.

Another thing that will help is to memorize the IP of your server, and check before you log on to ensure it really is your server.

If you plan to be playing many servers, I reccomend that you use different passwords, for the same reason.

Also, whoever is doing this is not only sick, he's stupid, as you can do all kinds of nasty things with someones IP address.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-04-2001 06:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Galadriel
Elven Queen

Just put servers on Favorites

Galadriel is offline Old Post 07-04-2001 07:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Galadriel Click here to Send Galadriel a Private Message Click Here to Email Galadriel Find more posts by Galadriel Add Galadriel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yeah, that works too. :-)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-04-2001 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

ok for all youe people who THINK i was serious with the above (now deleted) statment i am not, i dont know the first thing about ip addresses and would never do any thing with them, so gullible people out there like, i am NOT serious!

King Arthur

Level:250
Remort:16
Class:Paladin/Knight
Race:Human
House Fenyar Website

Last edited by Arthur on 07-05-2001 at 05:43 AM

Arthur is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 03:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

missed your message but ill assume it had to do with ip masking, you sneaky bastige

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Galadriel
Elven Queen

quote:
Originally posted by Arthur
ok for all youe people who THINK i was serious with the above (now deleted) statment (Gala) i am not, i dont know the first thing about ip addresses and would never do any thing with them, so gullible people out there like gala, i am NOT serious!

i am not gullible and i knew you were not serious because of the

edit: and i was just trying to not have you get in trouble because of what you said

Galadriel is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 05:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Galadriel Click here to Send Galadriel a Private Message Click Here to Email Galadriel Find more posts by Galadriel Add Galadriel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

heh just never you mind if i repeat what i said i could get in big trouble

King Arthur

House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 05:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

and i know gala, you said that AFTER i posted that so i edited it for ya!

King Arthur

House Fenyar Website

Last edited by Arthur on 07-05-2001 at 05:43 AM

Arthur is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 05:15 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I also would like to mention that I know absolutely nothing about IP addressess, masking them, port scanning, hacking, etc.

It wasn't me!!!

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 02:10 PM