Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > how to run own server?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

how to run own server?

When i activate the mod, and look in the maps, it has none of the rpg maps....allso i want to know how i could tweek my server if i get it running, like levling people, teleing creatures, giving skill points out, and much more, can you help?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 07-16-2001 10:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Grey Fox Click here to Send Grey Fox a Private Message Click Here to Email Grey Fox Find more posts by Grey Fox Add Grey Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Go to documentation, read newbie guide and admin command list.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-16-2001 04:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nightmare

Maps

The maps should be in the update. Where did you put the update? The update should have gone into your RPG folder in your Tribes folder. The maps are in that RPG folder in the Missions folder. BTW DeathMerchant is right about the Admin Commands that is what tells you how to tele bots and players, give stuff to them, create packs, make bots, etc.

Nightmare
AKA - Nitemare

Nightmare is online now Old Post 07-17-2001 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nightmare Click here to Send Nightmare a Private Message Find more posts by Nightmare Add Nightmare to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

wont work

Hey i went to zip, dinamix, tribes, rpg, ,missions and extracted that...where do the other to go? Also i went on, and couuldnt find the map, i can play fine on reg rpg severs, bu i cant set my own up.....help!

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 06:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Grey Fox Click here to Send Grey Fox a Private Message Click Here to Email Grey Fox Find more posts by Grey Fox Add Grey Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
machwing
OgreHalberdier

grey open your setup file and run a tribes server through the canadian flag thing

machwing is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 07:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

WHa?

canadien flag thingy?

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 06:03 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

Theres a program inside your RPG Server called rpgserv.exe

Its icon is a canadian flag. Its a user-friendly way to run a server.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 06:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nightmare

Thumbs up Silver Nailed it

Good job silver.
It is in the Dynamix/Tribes/RPG folder, it should work. Just open it up (rpgserv.exe) and type in the admin passwords, your server name, and a server password if you want. Then go into the advanced options and click the box that says "Check to make this server dedicated". Making it dedicated helps the server set itself up. Non-Dedicated sometimes causes problems, don't know why, it will just shut down the Tribes program for some computers if you do a non-dedicated server.

Good luck,
Nightmare
AKA - Nitemare

Nightmare is online now Old Post 07-19-2001 03:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nightmare Click here to Send Nightmare a Private Message Find more posts by Nightmare Add Nightmare to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Homer

Tribes shut down

if you run a non Ded. server remove the infinetspawn comand. The server will boot up then. But you playing on the same computer as Non D can cause lag. And if it goes down you must be there to restart it. It will not auto repawn because you removed the command.

Homer is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Homer Click here to Send Homer a Private Message Click Here to Email Homer Find more posts by Homer Add Homer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hduyerughf
GoblinRunt

Unhappy

when ever i start rpg serv it says it failed to load inet from msinet.ocx. i dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!

hduyerughf is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hduyerughf Click here to Send hduyerughf a Private Message Click Here to Email hduyerughf Visit hduyerughf's homepage! Find more posts by hduyerughf Add hduyerughf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote