Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > Prevent certian spawns?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ednecro
GoblinRunt

Question Prevent certian spawns?

Ok folks here is a question for all you adept admins out there.
I have found on Necro planet (I dont know on other servers...)
Whenever someone fights a 'conjurer' spawn in the elf
stronghold place(or what ever the f#$k its called) the server laags horribly. Does anyone know a
admin command or script modification to keep a certian NPC from spawning or keep a zone from becoming spawn active?
There has gotta be a way. Any help appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ednecro is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ednecro Click here to Send ednecro a Private Message Find more posts by ednecro Add ednecro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Well... the lag maybe is caused by the GetBestSpell being called everytime a bot swings a casting blade... dunno... maybe cause all the stuff being call when it casts a spell. Can be lots of things causing lag.

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

its the basting blades some server, found a way to replace the casting blades with other weapons so the bots still spawn but they use other weapons, i have no clue what server but maybe, if JI reads this he could make a new option in rpgserv so that you can disable the mages because my server lags horably when they cast..

King Arthur

Level:250
Remort:16
Class:Paladin/Knight
Race:Human
House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 01:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

That bug is still there? I haven't played trpg for about 4 months an the bug is still there. I rember when one day I tested my casting blade(I was admin) and if I kept using it for like 20 secs the whole server would lag horribly for like 2 mins.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 01:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

yeah but only on the slower comps (mine is kinda slow and instead of upgrading when i had the money i wend and got small things and cloths)

King Arthur

Level:250
Remort:16
Class:Paladin/Knight
Race:Human
House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Here... I put a return; in castingblade.

So if a bot/player swings it and isn't ready to cast again it doesn't call all those functions!

Attachment: weapons.cs
This has been downloaded 7 time(s).

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ednecro
GoblinRunt

Deus_ex_Machina rocks!

Thanks man, your the tops.
Your the dogs tuxedo!

ednecro is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ednecro Click here to Send ednecro a Private Message Find more posts by ednecro Add ednecro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

Arthur, that was on Neverquest. They had atleast 500 mhz which should be enough for trpg.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 11:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote