Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > Ironsphere Timeline and History Update (not just something to read anymore!)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Ironsphere Timeline and History Update (not just something to read anymore!)

On the request of some in the community, I am updating our current situation for the roleplaying community, and updating our progress on the Ironsphere timeline. I'll discuss the timeline/history progress first.

Timeline and History

100 BT (before Three) - The gods Norumen and Shatka arrive, taking their names and establishing power... They spend 50 years gathering forces and power and then reshape the world to be an eden. They shape the four Great Lands, naming them in their own language. Forest - Galar, Fire - Laralos (later to be named Mandagoras), Sea - Weilios, Desert - Adin Saran. The Great Land of Men, based in the center, is later named Shalos, after the First City of Man.

51 BT - Illuv wizards are created to help in the formation of the world, which is called Shatka after the principal war god.

20 BT - Phen the Illuv has risen to godly status and is given the power of Mind and Time. The Three (as they are called), begin to formulate humanoids to walk the earth.

0 AT - Then, the AT (after the Three) reckoning starts. Man and Elves have been created

5 AT - Elves frequently raid Shalos, the first City of Man.

7 AT - Keldrin founded by the House of Kel

10 AT - Ethren and Jaten is founded by Trading houses

17 AT - Shalos crumbles under war and siege, survivors flee to surrounding cities

24 AT - Political era begins, and many treaties are made with the 3 surrounding areas (fire, water and desert) Elves in the forest area disagree and relaunch miltary campaign, only to be squashed under the renewed might of the '4 Great Lands', with fire elementals, water elementals, sand warriors, and the knights of Kel, who leads his army with fanatical ambition, beating down and slaying almost all the elves. (which provides a reason for no Elves in Ironsphere)

48 AT - Birth of Carkor, created by Shatka for amusement.

67 AT - Carkor creates Ogres, Orcs, Goblins and other hideous beings who reign in the now-forsaken area of the Fire Land, which he names Mandagoras.

70 AT - official beginning of the so called 1000 year war, where many Men and elementals are destroyed. Elves are nearly unheard of in this fight, and they guard their lands with ferocious responsibility

246 AT - Principal win against the Keldrin Dynasty for Carkor. Kel, who has lived long, for his blood is untainted with lesser men, is slain and a commoner know as Taronolos calls up support and takes his place. The might of Keldrin armies falters, and Mandagoras flows out against Galar, Weilios and Adin Saran, while Keldrin barely manages to hold it's own. The mighty trading city of Jaten is decimated, and the town surrounding Ethren is abandoned as the army reinforces the castle at it's center and the populace flees to Keldrin (explaining the popularity of Keldrin...).

636 AT - With unexpected help from Norumen, Goddess of Peace, Carkor's armies are dealt a blow just as they are about to siege Keldrin. She plants an enormous Jewel that shines day and night as a holy point and buries it in the mountain. The evil army is driven back form Keldrin and flees to the border of Mandagoras.

704 AT - 1000 year war ends, and Carkor is imprisoned in a stone and is hidden deep in a mountain not far from Keldrin, so that they may protect it always. The key is hidden on Sanctuary Island, and the guardians protect it's existence

705-857 AT - Reign of peace and prosperity

858 AT - Some creations of Carkor, most notably goblins, take over the mines and force House Lindir out, starting a small feud. Goblins start mining for the Stone. They are hindered by the Jewel, which has lost it's brilliance and resides in the top the Keldrin Mines (super crystal? =])

870 AT - Current age. Heroes, magic and adventure, oh my!

The Four Great Lands

Shalos

Residing in the center of the Known World, Shalos is a jewel for trading and commerce. Some of the most powerful heroes of Shatka (the name of the world) live there and search for adventure. Shalos has many monasteries and eyeries up in it's mountains, and it's economy relies on trade. Shalos is governed by the Alat-Lambar, the Great Houses. They are governed by the King, a kindly old man.

Galar

Few see the inside of the Mysterious Forest. All of Galar is wooded, and few men penetrate it's secrets. Those who do are usually captured. Galar is the only place you can find large groups of Elves. It is governed by a Elven King. Phen resides here, in secret.

Adin Saran

Deadly desert surrounds a large oasis in the center. Caravans travel to Shalos regularly. The people of Adin Saran, known as Salukah or sand warriors, are fierce and the best mercenaries. Trade relies on a tribal system where the tribe owns every man and sells them as mercenaries to be returned when possible. Chieftains earn lots of revenue from the slave and gladiator trade. This is the favourite resting place of Shatka.

Weilios

Only mermaids and water elementals live in this place. The water covers everything, and opulent palaces and temples are on the bottom. Only way to get below the waters is to travel through the ghost infested Weilios Corridor, which travels down and down and down until it is under the cities of the water, at which point it spirals up. Weilios is said to have a Illuv king, but no one has confirmed it. Norumen resides here.

Mandagoras

Only foolish men and brave knights wander into these lands. Roaring flames and deadly chasms await any caravan or expedition. Mandagoras is the seat of the Sorceror, an evil Illuv who commands the armies of Mandagoras and grows them so that they may attack once more.

Houses

Shalos is governed by the Alat-Lambar, a feudal House system. There are many Minor Houses, but the Great Houses are the ones of concern, and only they get a seat in the Oratory. There are 6Houses, each governing an aspect of Shalos. Minor Houses are like houses in the current version of TRPG.

House of Kel

The Royal House. The King resides above all other houses, and it is based in Keldrin. No matter how many times the Royal House is changed form family to family, it retains this name.

House of Caspian

The Military House. The Archduke of this House commands all of Shalos' armies. It does not retain the House name.

House of Scholars

The Scholastic House. The Magistrate of this House is a wise man elected by the Alat-Lambar from the ranks of the House of Scholars. Responsible for politics and maintaining the Royal Library. It retains it's name.

House Jongleur

The 'Cultural' House. The High Duke of this house is elected through an 'heir-designate' program. The dying Duke will choose a man from outside his family to suceed him. Responsible for the planning of festivals and is the prime source for storytellers, musicians and bards (not thieves, singers). It retains it's name.

Guild of Mages

House of Magic. The Royal Mage governs the Circle of Sages, a sort of mini Alat-Lambar. The Royal Mage is usually present in the King's throne room. Responsible for training mages and priests. Retains it's name. This is a unique house because it is part of the Royal Palace, and not seperated.

House of Moritani

House of the Treasury. High Countess resides in the Palace. Unique because the leader is always female. This houses is responsible for trade and is the keeper of the Treasury. Does not retain name, and is built into the mountains behind Keldrin (not Keldrin Mines, the OTHER mountains... =])

Minor Houses

Some of the more prominent Minor Houses are Dynastic House and Rebel House. The Rebel House maintains a large following on the edge between Adin Saran and Shalos. They are opposed to the Alat-Lambar/King system.

Misc/No heading

I just wanted to inform you all that we are still in the process of creating legends. We don't have any legendary swords/armor just yet.

Phew! Done!

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Strider is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 08:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

=] Thank you, thank you.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 08:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinVII
GoblinThief

634 year war. Looks good.

- "A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved." -Shakespeare
- "In the end, the world didn't need a Superman.
Just a brave one." -Superman "Apokolips Now Part II"
- "Put your hands in Ice until they are so cold that
you can not feel them anymore. Now place them near
a fire. It hurts when you thaw them. The same is
true of your heart." -Ian Crick
-!f j00 <@|\| r33|) 7|-|!$, 7|-|3|\| j00 <@|\| $p33k
l33t. -Ian Crick
----------
Ian Crick
PaladinVII
paladin7@san.rr.com
http://pub69.ezboard.com/bpaladinssanctuary

PaladinVII is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinVII Click here to Send PaladinVII a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinVII Find more posts by PaladinVII Add PaladinVII to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
machwing
OgreHalberdier

ok I like it, and if you don't mind, I'll start a legend.

during the thousand year war, elves were nearly unheard of (says so in timeline:P). At the time of the war, deep in the Galar, elven mages were working on a weapon to end the war. Advanced elven alchamests were charged with enchanting anything they could until the wepon was forged. The most well known alchamests ventured to Mandragoras to seek a mineral that was most abundant and enchanted there, iron. While searching for the main iron deposit, the alchamests traveled to the center of the kingdom of the sorcerer. The alchamests attempted to travel around the sorcer's kingdom, but were found and imprisioned. During the time they spent in the deepest dungeons of the sorcerer, they searched the walls, in case the iron vein had penetrated the dungeon walls. It was a low ranked alchamest, orfa-ghad, that descovered the vein. The alchamests worked with the iron when the guards didn't notice, but they couldn't enchant it properly. Another alchamest, garo-egan, was able to dig into the wall, and tunnel to the source of the vein. The source was a room made of diamonds with a sphere of iron suspended in the center (see where I'm going?). garo-egen used all white enchantments he could, but none worked. He eventually found out the sorcerer's magic had penetrated this sanctuary. While he was in the sanctuary, the sorcerer found out the alchamests plans, and excecuted them all. Garo-Egen was forced to fill the tunnel and trap himself in the sanctuary to survive. Garo-Egen became ill from the black magic tainting the iron, and evil thoughts filled his head. He started enchanting the iron sphere with black magic, which mixed with the earlier white magic which failed. The sphere couldn't handle the emmense strain of magic placed on it, and it cracked in the places. the three cracks split the sphere into the elements: gold, silver, and bronze. All that was left of the sphere was the most heavily enchanted core, which was gray from the mix of black and white magic. Garo-Egen made the mistake of casting a dimensional roft opon the core, and the core slipped through the rift into the dimension known as "the void". The void was the origional universe of time. and the sphere had come out of the rift on the planet uber prime, where ubers had oppeared in the beginning of time. The core of the iron sphere absorbed all energy from the void, and develouped a mind. The evil and good parts of this mind battling eachother for control, the sphere created another rift back to Shatka. When the sphere emerged from the rift, Garo-Egen had died from starvation and the diamond room had collapsed, forcing the sphere to mix with Shatka. A layer of the earth about 10000 miles below the surface was affected by the sphere, becoming the mixed foundation of Shatka. The layer holds the planet together, but because of the enchantings opon it in it's younger stages, evil and good must be equal on the surface, or the iron sphere will shatter and the earth will be split like a cracked gnoll egg, chunks sent out into space.

okie dokie, if you don't like the legend, delete it, I tried not to conflict with your timeline.I shall now make a time line of the events in the legend

70 AT- The 1000 year war begins, elven alchamests begin searching for the resource to enchant.

96 AT- The elven alchamests head into Mandagoras, looking for the main iron deposit to enchant.

98 AT- The alchamests are captured by the sorcerer and placed into his dungeon.

103 AT- Orfa-Ghad descovers a vein of iron in a dungeon wall.

104 AT- Garo-Egen tunnels to the main iron deposit and begins attempting to enchant it.

108 AT- The sorcerer descovers the alchamests plans, all of the alchamests are excecuted except Garo-Egen, who fills the tunnel.

111 AT- Garo-Egen falls to the evil magic around him, and starts using black enchantments on it.

117 AT- The iron sphere cracks, and gold, silver, and bronze are formed. The core goes through a dimensional rift to the void, and appears opon uber prime.

125 AT- The sphere finishes absorbing all energy in the void, forms a mind, and travels back to Shatka.

126 AT- The sphere appears back on Shatka 10000 meters below the surface, and merges with this layer. It becomes a type of scale for evil and good, and if either gains too much power over the other, the sphere will crack, destroying Shatkas.

I think my legend is good. If you don't strider, you can delete it, if you do like it, feel free to use it in any of your stories.

machwing is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 03:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

JI doesn't like the idea of Elves being out in the world... Good work and all, but Elves are both timid and fierce. Timid of the outside world, but fierce when protecting Galar.

They don't really care...

I'm gonna include some more history of EACH Great Land and House, but later.

(I might implement something like this... Though, probably it will be formulated when we discuss Legends)

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 04:00 AM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Err.. Not to be mean or anything... But what IS the point to this? Yes most RPG's have storylines.. But they lead up to fighting some giant boss or somthing. It won't hurt I just fail to see the usefullness of it.. Oh well.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 04:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

(Hint, TRPG ISN'T a real RPG type game. It's a Deus Ex type roleplay, without guns and technology)

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 04:28 AM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

I know I've played it... But it doesn't have interactive bots... Really that much.. Oh well as I said it can't hurt. I do like the houses and stuff... Over all great job Struddle... Storymaster fits you perfectly.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
machwing
OgreHalberdier

ok if you think the elves don't work there replace elven alchamests with dwarven tinkerers or something...like I said, mess with it as much as you want

machwing is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 05:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinVII
GoblinThief

Strider I partially described my image of the Desert world in my long @$$ backstory for my character I posted a long time ago. I don't expect anyone to read that unless they want to enjoy a good story, so I'll just cut and paste out the critical part I described...

At last Cedron’s trek across the desert ended. In the middle of the desert was the Raider’s Paradise. A small oasis served as the base for all outlaws in the desert wasteland. The only way to enter the city was as a outlaw, or a slave. Few escaped this desert city, the harsh desert surrounding it claimed those foolish enough to escape. It’s location also made the city hard to attack, making it an ideal place for the raiders to hold their base.

I decided that the desert raiders and slavers might have an outpost. To make it a good one, I put it smack dab in the middle of nowhere, but in a lush oasis. Take the idea or leave it, just tryin to help your creative energies flowin.

- "A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved." -Shakespeare
- "In the end, the world didn't need a Superman.
Just a brave one." -Superman "Apokolips Now Part II"
- "Put your hands in Ice until they are so cold that
you can not feel them anymore. Now place them near
a fire. It hurts when you thaw them. The same is
true of your heart." -Ian Crick
-!f j00 <@|\| r33|) 7|-|!$, 7|-|3|\| j00 <@|\| $p33k
l33t. -Ian Crick
----------
Ian Crick
PaladinVII
paladin7@san.rr.com
http://pub69.ezboard.com/bpaladinssanctuary

PaladinVII is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinVII Click here to Send PaladinVII a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinVII Find more posts by PaladinVII Add PaladinVII to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
machwing
OgreHalberdier

you forgot an important area of the landscape:

Godandra-the snow mountains

Godandra is a vast area full of miles of tundra and mountains with summits thousands of feet high. Godandra is home to many forms of wildlife, and it is here that the nomadic ispeps have placed small villages of tents and movable huts. the ispeps are known for their hunting ability and knowlage of magic. Monsters in the Godandra range from simple snow wolves to the menecing laernu. the Laernu reside in an underwater cave, but the surface of the water is frozen over for miles. The only way to access the Learnu is through a hole somewhere in the ice. Also, somewhere on one of the high snow mountains is a small hut where the aloof only pupil of phen lives, old and withered but knowlageable of magic and a master robesman.

You like?

machwing is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 06:06 AM
Dray
OgreDreadnought

Hum...

632 AT - The Mage Guild of Keldrin, in a attempt to create a weapon that would be able to kill Carkor, get the master smith of Keldrin to forge a sword made of the ore found only in the mountains of Keldrin... Keldrinite.

Enchanting the sword with the strongest magics known to them. Using magic of both sides, good and evil, they attempted to create a sword so potent, any user would turn into a army himself.

Shatka watched them spend the year enchanting it twice fold, then watched as they handed it to the alchemists, to strengthen and enchant the blade further with their master of science.

Amused by their final, trival sacrifice of fifty magi to him, he enchanted the blade himself, thinking of how many souls it would send to him from the slaughter that would ensure.

The blood ran onto the blade, turning it a deep crimson, veins or black from the Keldrinite still ran through it, and the handle was twisted by a chaotic force.

Norumen knew she had to stop the god of war, she crafted a crystal from a drop of her essence, and place it onto the top of a mountain, never telling the creatures of the plane they created why.

Letting her holy energies flow through it, she watched as the forces of Carkor fled.

The sword, now called Darkon after the magi that had the idea to create the sword, and who had given his blood to it. Was left without a purpose, its blade and enchatments made it cleave through steel with hardly any easy, yet not as unweidly as a sword its size should.

It had become sentinent from the amount of magic that had been driven into it... It had absorbed the master swordsmen's minds on how to fight... Yet it had no purpose.

Possessing a lesser magi, one of little strength of will, the sword attempted to escape, to feed it thirst for souls... But it was stopped, at the cost of many mens life and imprisoned deep in a mountain, golems made of various minerals watching over it, making sure no being weilded it again.

-

Not to bad for being on the verge of collasping from lack of sleep..

I was planning to do something with the ubers, but to tired.

Dray is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 08:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dray Click here to Send Dray a Private Message Find more posts by Dray Add Dray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Ok.. I see I'm gonna have to tell you guys again... Legends will be discussed LATER. =]

But I'll give you my pre-emptive ideas.

Ubers

Carkor delighted in his greatest creations, and he them named slaman (temp name). Better knows as 'ubers', they encompass all fighting techniques and certain ubers are blessed with dark magical powers. Ubers, which means in itself all powerful, stormed the world during the 1000 year war. Shatka grew tired of the immensely powerful creatures destroying an entire battlefield before his pawns could fight and he banished them to a dark realm. This was a turning point in the 1000 year war, as Carkor's armies retreated from the ballistic slaman.

Keldrinite

Forged in the epicenter of the Keldrinian Mines, this magical substance is formed by the warring energies caused by the Stone of Carkor's imprisonment and the Jewel set there by Norumen. In the golden ages of 705 AT - 820 AT Keldrinite was mined unceasingly. It began to grow scarce and polluted as the Jewel dimmed and the Stone remained strong. Keldrinite mined after 820 AT was usually stained with dark magic and ill omen. The wearer was usually defeated in battle. Keldrinite of the purest kind is found around the Jewel, although the Jewel itself has never been found. Efforts to find it are always driven back by blinding light. Some chambers high in the mountain are translucent with it's power.

Oh, and I have a few GREAT ideas for places to find monsters, other then in the open. I envision Ironsphere as a semi-linear storyline, like Asheron's Call. The Heroes and Mages attempt to destroy the Sorceror who is starting to attack again. They travel from one Great Land to the next getting key items that admins cannot give you. Then you face off against the Sorceror himself and remort. =]

In order of lowest level to highest:

1. Shalos - The Mines, of course. (goblins/gnolls/orcs)

2. Weilios/Open Field - The stairwell/cavern that leads to Weilios. Weilios itself is friendly(ghosts/undead

3. Adin Saran - The 'Only Path' leading to the Adin Saran oasis. Adin is NOT friendly(travellers, brigands)

4. Galar - The Galar Forests (when you get to the Elvendom, it is friendly) (elves)

5. Mandagoras - Everywhere (orcs, goblins, gnolls, trolls, fire elementals)

6. Uber Realm

What do ya think?

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 10:09 PM
machwing
OgreHalberdier

what about my Godandra snow mountains? :P also, if my legend is used, the dates might want to be changed to after the uber banishings:P

machwing is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 11:33 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Shalos has mountains. Very high ones. Keldrin is built into a nook between them.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 01:26 AM
machwing
OgreHalberdier

is it snowy? or is it just spring time stuff?

machwing is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 02:20 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

All tall mountains are snowy.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 04:17 PM