Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > Idea: Tribes 2 mailing system
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ZeppelinJ0
ZombieThrasher

Idea: Tribes 2 mailing system

I kinda threw this out at the #tribesrpg channel yesterday, but it seemed like a cool idea so here goes!

I believe that the Tribes2 internal mailing system could help increase the role-playing aspect of the RPG (T2RPG, whatever the hell you all call it!). NPC's and players alike could use the role-playing system to send mail (maybe love mail, add in a marriage system??) to one another, maybe there could be away to attach items or cash to the mail... The mailing system could also be used in conjunction with NPC quests.

I think a pretty fun one would be figuring out a mystery, kind of like the game of Clue, find out who killed who. Talk to an NPC and it asks you to help find the culprit and as more info is uncovered by the NPC the info is mailed to you, this may take days because the NPC(agent) could find clues during the day or nite... (the culprit could be any random NPC!). I think I'm adding too much in, but once you have enough clues to figure out the culprit you would tell the NPCAgent who it is and if it's right the man will confess and you get some kind of reward.

Lotta uses for the mailing system, I think T2RPG should utilize it somehow, someway. Could make for some interesting role-playing.

Buy your you own damn stairway to heaven!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ZeppelinJ0 is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 03:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ZeppelinJ0 Click here to Send ZeppelinJ0 a Private Message Find more posts by ZeppelinJ0 Add ZeppelinJ0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
machwing
OgreHalberdier

ya, and quests might not be able to be accesed at all unless an NPC sends you a mail asking for help:P also, that could be used in an idea I had. My idea was that cirtain NPCs ran mediaval buisnesses and you could join one and get paid by the hour for the time you were in the area your job was in (if your job requires that you be at a construstion site and you get paid 500 coins an hour, for every hour your logged on and at that zone, you get 500 credited to you.) the mail system could be used this way where all money you get in a week is sent to you by mail as a paycheck instead of given to you directly. Also, there could be credit cards so you dont have to withdraw money from the bank but intrest and credit limits apply:P

machwing is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZeppelinJ0
ZombieThrasher

LOL! I like the paycheck idea! Also in really old days people that received just a BIG black dot in the mail meant that whoever sent it want's to kill them. Black dots would be coo

ZeppelinJ0 is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 04:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ZeppelinJ0 Click here to Send ZeppelinJ0 a Private Message Find more posts by ZeppelinJ0 Add ZeppelinJ0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
machwing
OgreHalberdier

its called the black spot, and that was in the book treasure island:P

machwing is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 04:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZeppelinJ0
ZombieThrasher

spot/dot whats the difference. And it was for real man! I remember it from history class!

ZeppelinJ0 is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 04:49 AM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i like the mail system, but we need a way to send mail b etween servers then you could have a super1337 in game PM system!

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 05:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZeppelinJ0
ZombieThrasher

That would be kewl... Now to figure out a way to have servers wage war against each other!

ZeppelinJ0 is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 05:38 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I see problems with that...(though It can be done, by linking the servers.

OK, everyone, in preparation to take out JI's server in the upcoming battle, everyone gets 10 free levels!

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 05:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZeppelinJ0
ZombieThrasher

LOL! I was thinking exactly that when pressing the post button. In that case you'd have to use Dynamix's "Pure Server" idea. No modifications can be done of any kind or the server gets marked as unpure (admin modifications included)

ZeppelinJ0 is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 07:08 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Heh, how hard do you think it would be to manually change the file?

Even if it's encrypted, you can detect flags... And no, I'm not telling the entire forum how...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 07:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZeppelinJ0
ZombieThrasher

Well... Who would wanna go an do that?

ZeppelinJ0 is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 07:49 PM
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

*Received new mail from GoblinRunt5*

*open the mail*

OOOOOOOOOOO BABY I LOVE YOU, I LUST FOR YOU, I WANNA HAVE YOUR HUMAN BABIES, PLEASE RUN AWAY WITH ME

Ok, you know how many people would unistall tribes if they saw that?

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 02:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

*raises hand*

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZeppelinJ0
ZombieThrasher

Sounds rather e(x/r)otic!

Pimpy, Conq, NOW!

ZeppelinJ0 is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 02:49 AM