Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > House idea (some of you may remember it)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cojak
OrcRavager

House idea (some of you may remember it)

Well, I have been playing trpg again, and i noticed that noone really likes doing house kills and such. They just join and try to get n00b's to join enemy houses then go kill them even with the new within five lvls thing, I've seen high lvl remorts own unremorted lvl 25's at lvl 30. Frankly that made people angry and really doesnt make houses fun. I just thought we could make house killing more organized and fun.

First off, the houses would have a LEADER . . someone that buys this position or has high enough lvl to be the leader of the house.
Then this leader appoints other players to his house maby even highering them into it. You get an exp bonus for being in a house, and other bonusses I'll explain later.

In order to fight other houses the leader *or leaders* have to make a formal war declaration, this way if a n00b joins a house he doesn't die unless your at war. Plus exp loss and gain should not apply to wartime kills, as well as dropping pack shouldn't or losing anything else importat except house placeing.

Now durring the war certain stats will be recorded. How many kills you get. Kills will be set in this order, if they are 10 or more lvls below you you get .5 points, if they are 20 or more no points, if they are between ten lvles below and ten lvles above you you get 1 point. over ten you get 1.5 points. over 20 you get 2 points.

At the end of the war *if possible* bonuses in exp are given to the top 5 scores in the winning house, and a reduced amount to the top 3 scores in the losing house. Only durring the war time can you pk the enemy house without turning pk on. Along with this your house leader may ALLY with other houses to help you win the war.

Durring the course of the war noone may leave or enter the house to promot fair play and house loyalty. So being in a house WILL require you to serve your house.

After the war is over the winning house may decide to either destroy the other house, or join all the opposing houses members to it. *where after it may throw out any members*

Well, tell me what you think, and if anything should be changed or added I don't do this often sooo . . . thanx for you time.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cojak is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 12:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cojak Click here to Send Cojak a Private Message Find more posts by Cojak Add Cojak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

heh, this system would mean that a couple of us high lev remorts would band together, declare war on all other houses, and get buckets of exp.

My ideas: allow house joining, etc during wars. Could lead to interesting situations.

Also: have the houses remain as is after war...but have bad consequenses to losing a war. leader loses exp or some such.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 04:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

hehehe

Do you play utopia?

Anywayz, alot of things went wrong when the houses were implemented.

Alot of coding that was supposed to be added was not. specific armors/robes were suppose to be made to go as your "Startup Items" that were not because of the item count.

I dunno, maybe JI will try working on the houses again

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 08:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

And get rid of the damned exp loss for house killing =]

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 08-04-2001 06:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

StoryMaster input - There are Great Houses and Minor Houses.

You can be a Minor House or make one, or whatever.

Great Houses are permanent.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 03:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Another Edit - You can't join a Great House. They are only there for the storyline and so we don't have any ideas for someone to be King...

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

you cant have wars in trpg period

most servers can barely hold 16 people

8 on 8 isnt a war, its a bicker

in games like everquest, wwII online, and asherons call, yes you could have a war

maybe if t2rpg could support 64 people with lil lag, maybe would could have a very small scale 'war'

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Get an OC48, 8 Processor 1.7 GHz Xeon 8 GB RAM server, Host 300 Players and have a Medium-War =P

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

i think the software would bottleneck then =b

Aleman is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote