Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > One question concerning T2RPG
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MagicalMongoose
GoblinRunt

One question concerning T2RPG

ne question that has been floating around in my mind...
I was wondering if it is possible for 1 map to have different weather conditions, and different types of fog and the such? Because T2RPG would be much better, if certain areas were covered in fog, other areas were snowing, other areas were raining, that type of thing. By different types of fog, I mean colour... like in a forest map, let's say at night time, you wouldn't want it to be perfectly clear. For a better example go to http://www.t2maps.com/cgi-bin/map_detail.cgi?id=1601 to see what I mean. There should be different colours of fog, and different clairities of water. Another way to do this is a "Diablo" type of thing. Where the level loads and that group is in a different place... but, I don't know if the servers could handle multiple maps at once (cuz that's what it would be). It's kinda boring in the current TRPG because all of the ground is all that "lush" texture, and the sky is that same, scary sun. I think that needs alot of changing. Gameplay also needs some changing to...but I don't know what...it just needs to be better...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MagicalMongoose is offline Old Post 07-29-2001 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MagicalMongoose Click here to Send MagicalMongoose a Private Message Click Here to Email MagicalMongoose Find more posts by MagicalMongoose Add MagicalMongoose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

fog in T2 is not all that great. you can only set its height and few other properties, but it will span across the entire map. You can't have boxed fog. This applies to water as well.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 07-30-2001 02:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

i know for a fact you can have localized water in t2, i did it.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Whats going down with TRPG2?

Has it reached Alpha/Beta?

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 06:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Nope.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 07:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Really...? =(

Darn

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 08:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Appylon
GoblinThief

whatever

does anyone know the expected release date of ironshere my bro and me are gettin a bit restless lol

Appylon is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Appylon Click here to Send Appylon a Private Message Click Here to Email Appylon Find more posts by Appylon Add Appylon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Uhm, Toaster or someone could you ICQ me when Alpha is released? I don't feel like looking for my T2 cd until I need it

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

How many times do we have to tell you guys?

Alpha is a CLOSED release. We have to test it and refine it.

Considering how good Ironsphere is going to be, I suggest you sit tight and shut up.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 04:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Appylon
GoblinThief

whatever

Strider quiet i know its hard for u but stand it like a man if u r
one

All we want is some info i know u get annoyed but deal with it plz im really sick of ur atitude u need an ajustment

the one that should shutup is u knowitall wannabe

Appylon is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 05:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Appylon Click here to Send Appylon a Private Message Click Here to Email Appylon Find more posts by Appylon Add Appylon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Who's the wannabe? You're berating me like I'd care about what you say... As if you carried weight around here.... =]

My post was simply the truth, and all these annoying posts about when it's going to be released are driving me nuts.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Appylon
GoblinThief

whatever

u think ur post speak of truth bah
thats a lie u carry information around thinking its actually worth somethin u think it make u a big hit

i got somethin for ya if u got so much info how come ur not a scholar or in some sort of field that makes well...alot of money.

as far as i can tell u stay on the comp as long as there is time

u "suppsedly" read books of great status, that is as far as i can tell by your little auto.

Well have u ever read the Count of Monte Cristo or The Sound and the Fury

u see the way u get info is by reading these types of stories the Hobbit is a puny elemtary book

if u got all the answers all of a sudden how come i havent heard of "some amazing prodigy"

Appylon is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 04:40 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Re: whatever

quote:
Originally posted by Appylon
u think ur post speak of truth bah
thats a lie u carry information around thinking its actually worth somethin u think it make u a big hit

i got somethin for ya if u got so much info how come ur not a scholar or in some sort of field that makes well...alot of money.

as far as i can tell u stay on the comp as long as there is time

u "suppsedly" read books of great status, that is as far as i can tell by your little auto.

Well have u ever read the Count of Monte Cristo or The Sound and the Fury

u see the way u get info is by reading these types of stories the Hobbit is a puny elemtary book

if u got all the answers all of a sudden how come i havent heard of "some amazing prodigy"

=\ Just give up Appylon. You're not making any headway.

I'm an EXPERT on LotR, it's a little hobby of mine. I've read everything from Silmarillion, to The Hobbit, to the LotR series, to the little supplementary books by other authors, like 'The Comprehensive Guide to Middle-Earth'. Do NOT tell me it's elementary. Tolkien is a FABULOUS author, and his created universe is one of my favourites.

And if you've read Monte Cristo, how come your spelling, grammar and general typing is so bad? People with the education and vocabulary to read books like those should take pride in being able to spell. Not everyone, but yours is bad enough to make me wonder.

You want a REAL good book? Try 'All the King's Horses' or 'Anne of Green Gables'. Those are top-notch books.

As for why I'm not a scholar, it's because I'm a journalist and freelance writer. There is no need for scholarism nowadays, because science has nearly removed the field as a mainstream job nowadays...

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 05:05 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

How about a ceasefire? I think we're upsetting everyone with our little feud.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 05:07 AM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

A CEASEFIRE?!?! After he insulted Tolkien and the LotR series?!?

Appylon:

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 06:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

if the fog goes around the hole map.. why not just set the places you want fog in different hieghts then all the other places that you dont want fog...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

it would over every valley or whatever. it would be nasty.

i wonder if it would be possible to put a layer at 15 thousand feet, or whatever the peaks of mountains would be. you would really have a dungeon in the clouds.

and water covering the bottom ten feet of the map is a nice idea, just make sure riverbeds are the lowest points.

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 07:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Oooh Ive read the Hobbit and want to read the lord of the rings... good books =D

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 08:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

/me points at his Goldy signature.

My favourite poem/song in LotR.

JI, you should ask Necrobones how he makes his maps.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 02:08 PM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

necrobones is cool, he made Atr2.exe, assembly language battlebots tournament!

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

*crickets*

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 06:32 PM
Appylon
GoblinThief

whatever

Strider stop answering my posts no i will not be your boyfriend im straight!

U dont think i read the count of Monte Cristo. ok. The author is Alexandre Dumas. The book contains 1078 readable pages. The story starts out with a young man named Dantes returning to his hometown. When he gets there his life becomes somewhat of a miracle to other men. he is about to marry a bautiful young woman named Mercedes and is going to be made captain by one of his greatest friends. Unfortunatly with all these great blessings the are put forth towards the lucky young man also come jealousy. This is what the enitre book is basically about. 3 men, one who loves Dantes Fiance Mercedes, another an acountant jealous that Dantes will take over the ship he works on, and another that thinks that Dantes has the information that could ruin his families reputation, these men set up a trap for the unsuspecting young man and Dantes is then caught up in a world of lies revenge and insanity. I will not tell anymore because i might hve aroused someone elses eye on reading this fabulous book.

The Sound and the Fury is basically a book told by 4 charcters as there family which in my opinion is one of the most screwed up families ever discovered try to make it through there lives. This book is a little morte difficult to explain but if Strider thinks that this book is considered easy than he obvioulsy has never seen it or heard of it. Strider u would literally not last one chapter of this book without looking up the answers on the internet somewhere.

The Hobbit was a good book but i read it when i was in 5th grade. It wasnt that difficult even though it did shape all of fantasy novels for the rest of time and for the person who wants to read the lord of the rings saga. its NOT as good as the hobbit. JRR Tolkein was known best for The Hobbit because that was his best work the others are in no comparison to them.

O really no scholars Heheh without scholars u would not be a jurnalist.

The reason im so bad at grammar and spelling is number one my hands are freezing number two this happenes to me everytime i play a videogame for 2 long and number three 3 i dont see the point of exact spelling as long as u get the point around, also i dont go back and check my work for my mistakes.

U are to obssed with fantasy novel im gonna help u. ok this is probably going to be the only "nice thing" im gonna do for ya.

Dont stick with Fanatsy novels im hooked up to hundreds of authors on another website www.penguinclassics.com
talk to these people about good books they have fantastic ideas of what people should read they helped me find many. Be carfulk though some are as stubborn as u r.

Appylon is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 02:20 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Are you stupid or stubborn? I can't decide which.

If I'm the alleged nerd who plays too much, how come yours hands are sore from playing so much, as you blatantly said in your (badly spelled) post?

quote:

That is so typical of a cornered rat.

www.theonering.net

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.htm

There are a few places that I like to go to from time to time. As you can see, there are quite a few more fans of LotR then Monte Cristo and Sound of Fury.

Just quit it, ok? You're not getting anywhere. I have counter-arguments for all of yours.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 02:42 AM
Dray
OgreDreadnought

Appolyn shaddup already.

Lets see... If you were a such important person with good taste in books... Why cant you spell simple words straight! Or even have good (or decent grammer)

Last time I heard that was... What 4th grade?

Fago? He doesen't have all the answers, never said he did, but he says what he knows.. Which happens to be a hella lot more then you.

u think ur post speak of truth bah.

Actually yes, his posts DO speak the truth. Maybe because he's saying what is a known fact to people that pay attention to the forums notice its been said before (many times).

I belive this is about (Someone help me out here) the... 30th thread or so about when t2rpg will be out.

the one that should shutup is u knowitall wannabe

Um.. You should take your own advice.

Btw... Appolyn, for the ifno you gave on the book.. If you do a search, thats preciscly the info that comes up for the book! So it doesent prove you've read it.

The reason im so bad at grammar and spelling is number one my hands are freezing number two this happenes to me everytime i play a videogame for 2 long and number three 3 i dont see the point of exact spelling as long as u get the point around, also i dont go back and check my work for my mistakes.

Check your work? You make so many mistakes its odvious.

Your the one thats accusing strider of sitting infront of comp/video games all the time, and your saying you played yours to long?

So you must play it 24/7, because none of your posts have anything close to good grammer or spelling.

Dray is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 04:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dray Click here to Send Dray a Private Message Find more posts by Dray Add Dray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

quote:
Originally posted by Dray
Lets see... If you were a such important person with good taste in books... Why cant you spell simple words straight! Or even have good (or decent grammer)

grammar not grammer

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 05:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dray
OgreDreadnought

Stupid teachers =/ They've always said grammer

Dray is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 06:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dray Click here to Send Dray a Private Message Find more posts by Dray Add Dray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Please leave the older ladies out of this. Thank you, I'm sure your gramma would approve.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Heh, Goldy is getting close to 1337 posts. Be careful, that is the DEFINITIVE mid-life crisis point.

I just looked up the books and I found a website that pretty much has the entire book (with quotations etc) on it...

So, nice try, but no tootsie roll. (you're not old enough for a cigar)

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 05:34 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Appylon, about that whole 'I don't see the point of spelling right' stuff, there was a 500+ poll-post thread on TribalWar about whether or not people who spell correctly (or at least try) are more respectable.

And people like myself won through overwhelmning majority.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 05:37 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

What website? I'm ashamed to admit I've never read the Hobbit/LOTR...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 05:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote