Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > A cry for roleplayality [T2RPG] -FIXED-
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Pah, we already have roleplaying =]

Hmm...

I think we should have these things to improve the roleplaying of the game:

Politics (be a king for a day!),
Marriage,
No Global,
Mail System,
Monasteries,
Temples,
WAR,
Merchant System (I would be the Official TRPG merchant.. =]),
Realistic Coin System (Have each 100 coins be counted as a gold, each 10 be counted as a silver, and 1 coin is a copper, so 153 coins would be 1 gold, 2 silvers and 13 coppers)

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Strider is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 05:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Everyone keeps saying that it's less fun if you make it harder...

That's called being a crybaby.

TRPG is boring now (no offense Mat), and I only play it to be with friends or to try and wheedle admin outta someone.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 05:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

IDEA, for Speech, you can integrate with politics. So as you improve speech, you would become a better politician. =]

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 05:22 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

..Simulation...marriage...like real life..... ***SHUDDER***

Come on, us married folks are out here trying to get away from it!

How does "being married" to another player add to the game? I mean there's enough flaming going on... unless you are talking sharing common goods and wealth....what's mine is yours? Don't
go there guys. Can you see it? Two guys get on the server at the same time and suddenly you "hear": "WHAT? You spent it ALL? On a new robe?? I worked my butt off nailing ubers for two days and you blow the whole thing on a lousy robe? I was saving up for a killer sword." "But Blooie..." "Don't Blooie me!
You go out there and kick some goblin butt and pay me back!"

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 06:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

rofl. im not too worried about it getting into the game.

sry gala

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 07:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

I LIKE the married life. =]

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 09:48 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

quote:
Originally posted by machwing
maybe some of us play these games to get away from the hell known as life...if we want to compramist then have the server woner choose...jebus...

Machwing, were you sent here by Age of Enchantment to disrupt the orderly flow of things?

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 09:50 PM
Sir_Crusader
TravellerKnight

Location: Riverside, Ca, USA Server: Red Moon and FENIX Class: Paladin

#war

WAR DUDE

Thats what i wanna see. Bot vs player or pvp

4 on 4 or something, you set it up with #war, like if your houise was venk it would be

#war venk 4 teminm 4

the 4s being how many peps will fight.

Name: Sir_Cruasder
Class: Paladin
Level: 73
Remort: 0
-----------------------------------------------

Sir_Crusader is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sir_Crusader Click here to Send Sir_Crusader a Private Message Click Here to Email Sir_Crusader Find more posts by Sir_Crusader Add Sir_Crusader to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corvette
GoblinRunt

Well, I'm still kinda a newb to TRPG (I remorted for the 1st time a few days ago lol) but I thought of a few things that would make TRPG2 fun.

1) Well, 1st of all, more weapons and more weapon types. Instead of Slashing Piercing ect, have the skills for Swords Bows Crossbows Axes Staffs Hammers ect.. (BTW, would be cool to have 10 different sword, 10 different bows ect, more weapon types)

2) Instead of only having armor, have different areas of armor.. like Helmet, Arms, Chest, Leggins, Gloves whatever..

3) Have different ways to attack. Like in Ultima9, you can pay people to train you in different ways of attacking. This mean for sword, you can poke, hit from up to down ect... and for bows, have single shot, tripple shot ect.... For this, make it so there's advantages and disadvantages... example: single shot for bow is more accurate, tripple shot isint so only good for cloe combat.. another ex.. different ways of attacking with sword has different dammage and speeds

4) Houses/shops: Kinda like in UO, it would be cool to buy houses and being able to have a store. Instead of you choosing where to put your house, it would be better if the admin chose where to put houses, and you can buy it and pay a rent or something. And it would be cool to have a vendor where you can put items, set the price and people can buy from it. (It would be better if the vendor was outside like that you can have a rivate house) (also, have different types of houses, big ones, small ones, brick, wood ect) (also, make it so the owner has power to do things, like lock doors with a key, kick people out ect)

5) Bigger map and bigger dungeons: Well, since tribes2 can support 64 people, it would be cool a bigger map (especially if you put houses) and have bigger dungeons. Also, would be cool if bad guys would respawn in different rooms (random)

6) would be cool if there were unique items that can only be found in dungeons or something.

Well, I took ideas of other PRG games. I know all of this would be very hard work, but I just think this would be pretty cool.

Corvette is offline Old Post 08-01-2001 07:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Corvette Click here to Send Corvette a Private Message Click Here to Email Corvette Find more posts by Corvette Add Corvette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Underloard
UndeadSkeleton

quote:
Originally posted by Corvette
2) Instead of only having armor, have different areas of armor.. like Helmet, Arms, Chest, Leggins, Gloves whatever..[

First of all we used to have that in T1 RPG but took it out because of skinning probs and it WILL be implimented in T2 RPG (your a little late on that one

quote:
Originally posted by Corvette
4) Houses/shops: Kinda like in UO, it would be cool to buy houses and being able to have a store. Instead of you choosing where to put your house, it would be better if the admin chose where to put houses, and you can buy it and pay a rent or something. And it would be cool to have a vendor where you can put items, set the price and people can buy from it. (It would be better if the vendor was outside like that you can have a rivate house) (also, have different types of houses, big ones, small ones, brick, wood ect) (also, make it so the owner has power to do things, like lock doors with a key, kick people out ect)

Some server even do that now. Once particle gets his T3 line, I will be implimenting that into his server.

You did a great job on posting something that isn't related to flaming, however, It is better to do your homework before poasting (check around). That was just a tip.

Go Non-Communists!

[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/wavingus.gif[[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/canadasm.GIF[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/englandsm.GIF[/img]

God bless America!

Underloard is offline Old Post 08-01-2001 12:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Underloard Click here to Send Underloard a Private Message Click Here to Email Underloard Find more posts by Underloard Add Underloard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Corvette, most of what you want can be done easily, except for the extra skinning/modelling/animation. (Coding is easy comparably).

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-01-2001 09:35 PM
Iceyflame

t3 line my butt roflmao .. hehe

6 thousand a month thats even too expensive for me :P..
the more expensive ones up to 10k..

Iceyflame is offline Old Post 08-04-2001 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Iceyflame Click here to Send Iceyflame a Private Message Click Here to Email Iceyflame Find more posts by Iceyflame Add Iceyflame to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dray
OgreDreadnought

If you did take out global/group it would kill a fair bit of players...

Most people online have made friends with other people, and dont mind talking to them.

For global it actually allows some speech between people, people might be helping n00bs, giving imput.etc.

Dray is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dray Click here to Send Dray a Private Message Find more posts by Dray Add Dray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Taking out group is bad bad bad. People want to talk to their friends.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Group is badly needed. I like global too, even if you want to up the skill requirement for it...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shadow2
GoblinRunt

Angry DON'T KILL GLOBAL!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't kill global! Due to some *ahem*SIM*ahem*FREAKS*ahem* - er... problems, people are thinking of getting rid of global! I mean come on! Let's say you need some dragon scales and you want to ask if anyone is willing to give you some, you would have to run to every town and scream it out! Or will you have to use some stupid mail carrier who would probably chuck your mail in a well or something!

This is a game that is supposed to be a fun middle-ages RPG in which you can do an assortment of fun things like kill monsters and sell stuff NOT a no-fun sim of the middle ages in which everything is completely real for example, why get married? There're no advantages at all! Just that you get to call some complete stranger "honey". Mail-carrying could be in the game but no carrying messages, no, carrying items and gifts. This game's purpose is supposed to be fun to all the players NOT to capture what life was like in the middle-ages!

Assasins of the Night Elves

Shadow2 is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 04:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow2 Click here to Send Shadow2 a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow2 Add Shadow2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shadow2
GoblinRunt

Is T2RPG out?If it is then can I have a beta copy? If not then please tell me when it'll be finished.

Assasins of the Night Elves

Shadow2 is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 04:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow2 Click here to Send Shadow2 a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow2 Add Shadow2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arc-DRG-
GoblinThief

It has a long way to go from what I hear...

Arc-DRG- is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arc-DRG- Click here to Send Arc-DRG- a Private Message Click Here to Email Arc-DRG- Visit Arc-DRG-'s homepage! Find more posts by Arc-DRG- Add Arc-DRG- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mynameisbryan
GoblinRunt

A couple of thoughts -

Firstly, I think Global should stay in, for OOC (out of character) communications. It could be used for asking newb questions, talking, whatever. However, stuff related to your character, like where a certain zone is, would have to be found out using IC (in character) communication methods, like sending letters and actually talking to people nearby.

Secondly, I think wars would be cool. In another thread, someone mentioned something about siege vehicles - siege towers, catapults, battering rams... Anyway, I think it'd be neat if you had two large groups of people fighting. You could have an encampment of attackers around the defender's town/castle, sieging them, which would cause shops and such to run out of goods. Also, archers could chill out on parapets and nail people that got close from above. It'd be really neat if a dozen people with bots went storming an enemy wall under a hail of enemy arrows, while a mage on a dragon swooped overhead and nailed someone with a fireball.

Also, in relation to war, there could be large scale wars rather than just battles. For example, two opposing races or houses or something could be fighting an ongoing war, with actual progress. For example, there could be scheduled battles (so more people can be there) when bots and siege weapons and such come out and the two groups fight for a town or a castle. It would also allow for people to make money trading and spying and the like.

It may be infeasible, I don't know, but I think it'd be cool.

-Bryan

mynameisbryan is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mynameisbryan Click here to Send mynameisbryan a Private Message Click Here to Email mynameisbryan Find more posts by mynameisbryan Add mynameisbryan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote