Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > Another marriage idea
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Killaz
GnollShaman

Another marriage idea

Not sure how Ironsphere is going to be played but if Ji is implementing the families idea then this marriage idea could work.

Ok, what i read before was that when you join a game first you are automatically assigned a familuy. Rich or poor, could be either. And you would get certain benefits from both. Well, what if you could marry into another family or you could start your own family. Ok, say there is this woman on the rich family that wished to marry a man on the poor family, then the man could marry her and get all the benefits of the rich family. And if they wished they could break off and create there own family. I know it might sound stupid but I think it really could fit in with the game. Just assuming that Ji is using the family idea. My god I have the word family stuck in my head, bye!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Killaz is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Killaz Click here to Send Killaz a Private Message Click Here to Email Killaz Visit Killaz's homepage! Find more posts by Killaz Add Killaz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Killaz
GnollShaman

Ok, just got thinking and realized I forgot to mention my ideas on how marriage works. Well, both characters have to agree to marry and if they do they have 2 choices. One is to Alope and run away to another land(according to striders storyline) and would have to pay to get married, which would be in a chappel such as the one within the next few sentences. The second option would be to have a wedding at the local chapel. A place of god where no one can kill anyone else not even monsters killing humans. To be married you would need a cleric of level 50+ or a cleric remort of any level. Well, at the chapel gates there would be a little vender thats sells objects that could be used in a wedding. You know, Wedding dresses, rings, etc. To be married you need a wedding dress and a ring. Then you have a ceremony and voila. Another thing the vender could sell would be divorce papers. Once you get one then you can ask a priest to divorce you from your partner. Basically how the chapel could work. INstead of chapel maybe it could be a church where you cna do things besides marriages. Maybe make it a place where theives can call sanctuary or a place where you can heal yourself. Once again, might sound stupid but still

Killaz is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Killaz Click here to Send Killaz a Private Message Click Here to Email Killaz Visit Killaz's homepage! Find more posts by Killaz Add Killaz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Del
TravellerPaladin

not stupid, i like it

Del is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Del Click here to Send Del a Private Message Find more posts by Del Add Del to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

998 men

2 women

nuff said

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 04:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

There aren't a thousand people playing TRPG.

And the current stock of females numbers around 5 or 6. 7 if you count Darksword.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

there will be atleast 1000 playing IS, like the idea was made for

lets say we triple what you say is the total number of females

If it was 750 males, and 250 females, THEN it would be a good idea

But even if you triple the current number of females playing, its a bad idea

So, just get a life people :/

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 04:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Pimp,

but count how many of those guys are using female player models

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

another reason not to put marriage in

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 05:41 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

awwh come on itd be fun

Maybe make it like female players can have multiple hubby's?

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 06:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Killaz
GnollShaman

Ya rofl, maybe all females have a choice to marry multiple husbands and then can pick their main one. Then we can have a Sherry Spronger show and have the husbands duel it out for the role of the leading man

Killaz is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 02:28 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

/me writes the explanation for it.

IS is a female dominatrix world, where men fight and slave (certain lucky servants become favourites and stay in the palace) while the women rule the democracy and other important aspects.

Hah. With only 6 proved females... We'd have a small goverment.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 02:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

there are more females out there than you think...

just visit the right servers at the right times

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01

Internet is offline Old Post 08-04-2001 02:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Oh great, if we let the women run the gov, we'll have even more guys playing women.

I...see...mess.

Well, actually, go ahead with it. I'll go level up while you guys duel and squabble. After you get everything sorted out, I'll lead the orcs over to invade.

Speaking of which, would you allow cross racial marriages?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 04:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

quote:
Originally posted by DeathMerchant
Oh great, if we let the women run the gov, we'll have even more guys playing women.

I...see...mess.

Well, actually, go ahead with it. I'll go level up while you guys duel and squabble. After you get everything sorted out, I'll lead the orcs over to invade.

Speaking of which, would you allow cross racial marriages?

A. I'll join you as we lead the invasion

B. Hellz No

I've Rated this marriage idea already and its still going to be a 4

It's a nice idea, but TRPG's main sex base is Male. some men do play female characters for different reasons. Some are legitmally good excuses, the others i wouldnt wanna bother going into..........

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 07:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Haven't you ever heard of Half-Orcs?

There'd be problems at family gatherings, when Uncle Grak drinks a little too much champange and gets outs his axe...

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

lol, and then we get into half elves, etc....We could end up with quite the mess.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 02:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

hrm... a monster 1/2 uber 1/4 goblin and 1/4 human

#addexp monster 500000
#setteam monster 1

run for it!

Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01

Internet is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 07:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

I could see potential cross-breed problems.

Elf with Orkish torso, which snaps his legs because they are too frail to uphold the massive bulk... =]

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 10:11 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yes and, I can't really see a gobber...half goblin, half uber.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 10:14 PM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Erm... half goblin half uber eh? I would have a few questions on that...........

And on the guys playing as female chars topic I can provide a few comments on that---

In t2 I play as a female character because I have examined some of the code, and have determined that the females have a smaller target profile, even though no extra speed etc. I have also discovered that the weapons are positioned much more off to the right and lower than on the male model, which provides a visibility boost (I know theres a turn weapons off in first person but it's better so see the weapons than look at the menu... think meltdown---

In t1 and trpg, however, there is no boost to either speed or visibility, and the target profile is basically the same, so I play as a male.

If peeps played as females for other reasons... I don't wanna go there

Matty

Level:1337... What else? 8)
Admin:Owner. Quest-Guy. 'Nuff said.
Server:Divine Mythical Realms
Misc:Creator and Co-Owner of DMR.
Divine Mythical Realms Forum and Docs

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 07:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

MUST we?

I don't have a problem with marriage in IS as long as JI puts in a convent! I would definitely stay a cleric!

Y'all can go have yourselves a fling with the Ubers or two...and there'll be a new class created for Lawyers and such. And Stider, don't tell me they didn't have 'em back then. The KING was law and the toady nobles could have been lawyers...!

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 07:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

a gobber...lets all picture a goblinrunt and an ubergohort mating, shall we?

goblinrunt: *various gurgles*
ubergohort: *whispers*
goblinrunt: die!
ubergohort: *roar*
goblinrunt tries to hit you, but misses!
*femaleelfconjurer joins team citizen
femaleelfconjurer: what are you doing ubergohort!? sleeping with another...wait...what gender is that, anyway?

runtwing is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 08:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Underloard
UndeadSkeleton

Hehe

Go Non-Communists!

[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/wavingus.gif[[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/canadasm.GIF[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/englandsm.GIF[/img]

God bless America!

Underloard is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 01:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Underloard Click here to Send Underloard a Private Message Click Here to Email Underloard Find more posts by Underloard Add Underloard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mynameisbryan
GoblinRunt

Marriage...

Um... remember, RPG. I don't see why you couldn't have marriages. Just because two players are male doesn't mean both characters have to be. Just because your female character in a game is married to another guy's male character doesn't mean you're gay. It's not like the players behind the characters are gonna meet in real life and f*ck or anything...

Well, they don't have to. If that's what you're into, that's your choice, and it's none of my business.

Just my two cents.

-Bryan

mynameisbryan is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 09:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mynameisbryan Click here to Send mynameisbryan a Private Message Click Here to Email mynameisbryan Find more posts by mynameisbryan Add mynameisbryan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NO marriages!

I think I need to dust off an old bumper sticker:

Just Say NO!

I really don't wanna have to spend half my time playing with "mute the world" set (NO, for the 40th time, I Will NOT marry you) and the other half beefing up skills to try and PK ...which I don't think is possible in IS anyway.

I LIKE playing alone, and please don't ask me to bake you cookies.

GoldenFlight

Level:90
Remort:1
Class:Necro/Death Minion
Race:Elf
House Fenyar Website

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 10:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote