Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > Suggestions For T2RPG
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Define Normal? O_o

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Strider is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pmf0823
GoblinRunt

Lightbulb the different maps and night/day

I just thought of this

for the replies about different maps and night/day

it could work like this

the map would change every 5-8 saveworlds or so at like 20-30 minutes after the server starts (or the last map change) what would happen at a map change is

1. the server would saveworld
2. the server would save characters
3. the server would make a temp file and place everyones (includeing bots) position.
4. the server would change the map to like snow or rain or fog or day or night. and alert the player that the map is changing to fog or whatever (though the current map change screen)
5. the server would place the players back in the game though the temp file created above
6. the server would erase the temp file
7. the server would do the same to change day and night but the time to change the map would be like 10-15 minute

these are just thoughts

---------

pmf0823 is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 05:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pmf0823 Click here to Send pmf0823 a Private Message Click Here to Email pmf0823 Find more posts by pmf0823 Add pmf0823 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

but what if your in a place in rpgmap5 where there's a hill in rpgmap1? or even worse, what if you are in rpgmap1 where uberzone is on rpgmap5, and you are a newbie?

runtwing is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 06:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Uberzone is in the middle of nowhere, and in roughly the same area. not a problem.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 04:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

well, what about the hill thing? if a newbie joins during a map change and he makes a character and ends up on top of a hill, there might be no hill where he is on the next map. So he would fall and die when the hill is removed for the next map. now his pack would sit there, and the newbie would probably not know how to get it. Then when the map changes AGAIN, the newbies pack falls off the map. ouch

runtwing is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 07:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

The whole point mach makes is true.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 09:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

I'm not mach anymore:P I'm runtwing, machwing is banned for a st00pid reason (double :P)

runtwing is offline Old Post 08-18-2001 12:17 AM
Nightmare

Lightbulb What if the newbies pack was sent to like say Keldrin

In Diablo 2, if a player dies and he disconnects from the game, his body/pack is sent to the town in that act (nearest town). Could IronSphere do something a bit similiar? Like sending their pack to Keldrin whenever they die, or when they get off, or something. Maybe their stuff could be sent to storage, just a few ideas on how this problem might be tackled.

Nightmare
AKA - Nitemare

Nightmare is online now Old Post 08-18-2001 06:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nightmare Click here to Send Nightmare a Private Message Find more posts by Nightmare Add Nightmare to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINep
GoblinWizard

For gOD sakes gimme a HORSE!

Or a magic carpet etc... SOmething that doesnt use erergy to move 3x the regular speed.

Binker & Newbies
Name: SINep2
classname: Paladin
Remort Level: 0
Level: 79+
ORG: n/a

SINep is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 11:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINep Click here to Send SINep a Private Message Click Here to Email SINep Visit SINep's homepage! Find more posts by SINep Add SINep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINep
GoblinWizard

I agree if they have LCK then the pack should stay with them ALL CONTENTS on the person.

Binker & Newbies
Name: SINep2
classname: Paladin
Remort Level: 0
Level: 79+
ORG: n/a

SINep is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 11:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINep Click here to Send SINep a Private Message Click Here to Email SINep Visit SINep's homepage! Find more posts by SINep Add SINep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mynameisbryan
GoblinRunt

Trade Runs

This is my first time posting at these forums... Anyway, I had an idea. This idea is taken from Medievia, a MUD.

I think Trade Runs should be included in T2RPG, as a way to make money. A trade run would entail buying a cart of goods at one outpost, and traveling across land to another outpost to sell them, for significant profit. However, the path would have wandering monsters, who would attack the group or person doing the trade run. Also, the cart of goods would not be capable of being transported using a spell. Trade runs would allow high level users to make more money, faster than mining, and would add more aspects of adventure. Additionally, it would provide a reason for a group of people to work together and form a party.

-Bryan
piomega4@rochester.rr.com

"What do you despise? By this you are truly known"
-from "Manual of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

mynameisbryan is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 08:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mynameisbryan Click here to Send mynameisbryan a Private Message Click Here to Email mynameisbryan Find more posts by mynameisbryan Add mynameisbryan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

That is a good idea...the no transport thing is already in place for magic dust, so it could easially be expanded to include other types of goods.

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 08:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mynameisbryan
GoblinRunt

Two Other Quick Thoughts

While reading through some other posts, I got a few ideas.

One would be to have houses owned by townspeople in the town, like in Baldur's Gate. For example, if it were in Keldin Town, all those buildings would have doors that could be opened. That way, you could practice your thieving skills - however, the people may be home, and you could end up in combat with town guards.

My second idea is more of something I'd like to see in a map, rather than a real contribution to the mod overall. I think a large expanse of water, like a lake or ocean, would be cool. You could have large ocean-going ships on it, and there could be various islands and the like to visit. Also, there could be cities and such underwater, as well as monsters to encounter, like mermaids/mermen, harpies, etc.

-Bryan

mynameisbryan is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 08:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mynameisbryan Click here to Send mynameisbryan a Private Message Click Here to Email mynameisbryan Find more posts by mynameisbryan Add mynameisbryan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

(Don't suggest things for monsters... Really, you should only ask for human sized monsters.

Also, read the storyline.. It's there for reading.. =])

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 09:56 PM
cancer
ElfConjurer

LCK should be based on miss, not death.
end of case.

cancer is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 04:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cancer Click here to Send cancer a Private Message Click Here to Email cancer Find more posts by cancer Add cancer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GodFather
GnollShaman

I think there should be a white suit with a rose armor in t2rpg so I can match my name

GodFather is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 06:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GodFather Click here to Send GodFather a Private Message Click Here to Email GodFather Visit GodFather's homepage! Find more posts by GodFather Add GodFather to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Someone could model a rose, make it an equippable item, and wear it with Phen's Robe.

Or something.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 06:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nightmare

I totally disagree, cancer

LCK should remain on Death as the default for when you first join the server, then you can set it after that. If a newbie looses his stuff, he should be able to get it back, without having to kill a goblin for it, or something. Most newbies when they start don't know what LCK is or what it does and how to set it. And they won't think anything of it if they just start loosing LCK, they'll wonder, What is that? and they'll keep getting hit till they run out, then they'll loose all their stuff. Have you ever tried to start off with nothing, not even a pick axe? It's way too hard, and a newbie can't afford more LCK, their money is usually in the hundreds, they're broke by remort or high level standards. Newbies have to be stingy with their money, not just spend it on a whim, so how do you think they are going to get more LCK and replace their stuff once they loose it, not very easily. It's hard enough for newbies as it is, and you want to make it harder for them. I've made my case; now think about it, would you want to loose all your LCK, money, weapons, armor, etc. and and start from there?

Nightmare
AKA - Nitemare

Nightmare is online now Old Post 08-20-2001 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nightmare Click here to Send Nightmare a Private Message Find more posts by Nightmare Add Nightmare to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GodFather
GnollShaman

If a newbie has 0 LCK the first one only cost about 100 bucks. I don't care who you are, if u can't make 100 bucks somehow, u don't deserve to play the game. However, it would get annoying having to run to Jaten everytime I ran out of LCK. That's why luck is on death by default. You just die and spawn close to where you did. Only time I ever put LCK on miss is if I need to grab my pack in uber or something. Otherwise it's just a nice convenient way to waste ur money and time.

Plate Mail, Awl Pike, Aelous Wing

GodFather is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GodFather Click here to Send GodFather a Private Message Click Here to Email GodFather Visit GodFather's homepage! Find more posts by GodFather Add GodFather to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

LCK is going to be waaaay different for IS...

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 11:58 PM