Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > Suggestions For T2RPG
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Um, if we don't drop it, our pride might be hurt? Wow, Im impressed.

Hmm, niether server you are on is exactly newbie friendly, but still.... I managed to hit level 50 on Yoshi's in less than three hours of playing.

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 08:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

I made a character under a smurf name on Binker and Newbie's server. I got it to level 69 and wasn't PKed once. I was targeted a few times, but never actually was killed. If you were getting PKed that much, it's your fault.

I think both of you need to calm down. If you didn't act like a know-it-all as soon as you came here, you'd get more respect. First impressions do mean a lot.

Feel free to click the link in my sig. You should learn something...

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 08:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Actually, I just need something to do besides flaming newbs...

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gekitou
GoblinRunt

How about Get a Life?
Just cause you got Lvl 50 in 3 hours, and didnt get PKed dosent mean squat. Flaming Newbies, yea your really cool. Get a Life. Good god. Im serious.

Gekitou is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 09:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gekitou Click here to Send Gekitou a Private Message Click Here to Email Gekitou Find more posts by Gekitou Add Gekitou to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

looking back on appylons post about nerds....

...BRING THE NERDS TOGETHER!! I admit I'm a nerd, and I'm damn well proud of it! There's more disfunctional people then normal people, so we are the normal ones! and just because I live in my computer all summer, doesn't mean I don't have friends back in school! All nerds should ban together and create a clan, the NPC (nerd promotion community)!

runtwing is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 09:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

What the hell is normal anyhow? Just because I hate basketball and baseball, does that mean Im abnormal, somehow? If so, being normal sucks...

Oh, and lives are highly overrated. I traded mine for a copy of Tribes 2.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 09:58 PM
Gekitou
GoblinRunt

I agree with Toaster, And i didnt act like i was a know it all, if you go back some and look at my first post, all i did was voice an opinion about a Suggestion about T2RPG. And DeathMerchant just had to be an ass. And start this whole little feud. He talks crap to Newbies because those are the only people he could look down on, while there are others he wouldnt dare insult. So DeathMerchant just discriminates against newbies, He's a Biggot. And maybe a Real racist in real life. Who just dosent express it, and instead takes it out on people who dont know how to play/ or are learning how to play Tribes RPG. And what else do you have to Say Death? Call me a fag07? With your Cool H4x0r Launguage you loser. Im sick of being Nice, and Yes, i am a Nerd as well. If you hadnt opened your mouth, and let all the **** fall out of your face we wouldnt be here. So why dont you go play in traffic, because ive looked through some other threads, and your being an ass about 70% of the time. Grow up.

Gekitou is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gekitou Click here to Send Gekitou a Private Message Click Here to Email Gekitou Find more posts by Gekitou Add Gekitou to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Only 70% of the time? Shoot. However, if you'll go back through ALL my posts, you'll see that I'm evil more than 90% of the time. I must have accidentally gotten out of bed on the right side today.

Crap.

Oh yeah, speaking of that, shit doesn't come from the face. Im assuming you flunked all science classes...

And toaster said it was your fault you get PKed, and to just chill... Um, what did I say at the very beginning? And your ignorance of the F4g07 remark shows even mroe newbieness...

Obibun, get in here!

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 10:06 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Re: whatever

quote:
Originally posted by Appylon
Oh please you have never played a sort in your life and you know it. By the way soccers a pussy sport no mental pressure what-so-ever.

Im getting bored talking to an animal and to the person who thought hunting animals in T2 would be cool that actually would be kind of kool but really hard to make a skin for. But maybe there is a way to do it.

Why do all the baseball plays think soccer is a bad sport? It involves formation, passing, TEAMWORK... I don't see a problem, heh.

All you do in baseball is act like a one man army. There are NO formations to memorize and perform (memorizing being a mental skill). All you do is throw the ball to someone else and hope they catch it.

Well, if we start making animals to hunt, I want Deus or someone to write an admin command that turns the targeted person into a pack animal. I know who I'd target,

quote:
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard

The guy who had that in his signature got yelled at. Not a very good idea, Gekitou. =\ Now you're gonna have to get godsmacked by everyone as well.

Here's the trap you were begging me for, Appylon:

'Ceasefire: [adj] (sea-suh-fie-r)
1. Calling for a withdrawal of arms and withholding all differences
2. Stopping a verbal argument'

Do you get it?

I told you to shut up before, and you just barreled ahead. That's class A behavior of someone backed into a corner already, because he knows that he can't win.

So, according psyche class, you were already backed into a corner, but you chose to ignore and make yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

Care to go on? Everyone is watching you.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 10:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Everyone but Toaster has been accused of being a know-it-all in this argument... Has anyone else noticed? =]

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gekitou
GoblinRunt

Hey Death dont go getting technical you know what i meant. And being a Newbie would consist on how i play TRPG, not how i act Out of Character. So please, Shut up. Exhange your life back for T2, You desperatly need one. And you need better come backs instead of trying to re-phrase mine and insult me. you know what i meant, but i think you just cant think of anything else, your the jerk who started this. So just Shut up. Quit talking like you know what you are talking about. Cause it is apparant you dont. 14m3 f4g07. And you can take your Trendy hax0r language, print it out on a piece of paper, and stuff it up your ass. Anything you wanna add? All i see is a Disgrunteled Biggot who has nothing better to do with his time, than attempt to be cool and insult newbies. So death what do you have to say? Make it clever too. Loser. And on the note of Toaster saying it was My Fault. HAs he ever PLAYED on Some of the servers i have? The servers i found out i played on arent great for newbies. So Toaster until you have experienced what i have dont try and tell me its my fault, cause its obvious you dont know. Nor will you ever.

Gekitou is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 10:50 PM
Gekitou
GoblinRunt

And to strider. I never intended to argue with you, i just dont think its very fair to call a person a newbie, and insult them with the word. Its not very appriciative, just because someone is having trouble with the game and asks for a little advice doesnt mean you should lash out on them, and become a DeathMerchant yourself.

Gekitou is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 10:55 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Um, yeah, me and toaster play on quite a few servers, including, incidentally, the ones you picked...

You could always come to B & N, which is newbie friendly....normally. I somehow think you'll manage to get killed off, there, too.

Oh yes, and being a newbie also is affected by how you act in the forums...it's not simply a measurement of skill or time playing. It includes your attitude.

Oh, and even if I wanted to trade T2 back for my life, Dynamix is closed and wouldn't take it. Besides, Tribes 2 is a pretty cool game.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 10:59 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Newbie was invented in Utopia Online, not Counter-Strike. Silly gecko.

=]

DM is right. If someone came onto the forum and started acting REALLY mature and being nice to everyone, he'd be labelled non-newbie pretty quickly. (not oldbie, perhaps, but you know... =])

Toasty, add a section to your Newbie Guide. 'Suggested Newbie Behavior on the Forums'...

=]

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 11:10 PM
Gekitou
GoblinRunt

Hey why dont you too open your eyes, and go back and look at my FIRST post. All i was doing was suggesting somthing, if anyones a newbie for acting immature its Death. He's the one who insulted me first because i posted an Idea i had, and didnt know it had already been talked about. So sorry, your both wrong. If anyones a Newbie, it sure as hell is Death.

Gekitou is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 11:31 PM
Toaster
Master of Toast

Gek: I was referring to Appylon as the one acting like a know-it-all.

And yes, I've been randomly targeted before. Many times. You just have to know how to react.

The first time you were targeted (or killed, if it was mimic), how, EXACTLY, did you react? Did you say anything to this person beforehand?

quote:
Originally posted by Strider
DM is right. If someone came onto the forum and started acting REALLY mature and being nice to everyone, he'd be labelled non-newbie pretty quickly. (not oldbie, perhaps, but you know... =])

This is correct: I've seen it happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Gekitou
And on the note of Toaster saying it was My Fault. HAs he ever PLAYED on Some of the servers i have? The servers i found out i played on arent great for newbies. So Toaster until you have experienced what i have dont try and tell me its my fault, cause its obvious you dont know. Nor will you ever.

What servers are you referring to?

I hate sports and am definatly not "normal", and I'm perfectly happy with it.

EDIT: Gek: I wouldn't say he insulted you...

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

I'm a writer who lives with his family in NEWFOUNDLAND. I'd say I'm not normal. =]

But I play sports. I have muscles (most of the time I build them when do housework nowadays, ack.. Trying to make the top floor of my penthouse into a pool for the whole building, migraine causing construction work all day, =\)

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 11:46 PM
Gekitou
GoblinRunt

I reacted like anynormal person would " What the heck! " All i was doing was mining for rocks and some jerk flies and PK's me.

Gekitou is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 02:51 AM
Toaster
Master of Toast

Did he target you first or did he mimic?

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 04:30 AM
Gekitou
GoblinRunt

He Targeted me, he put me on his list, and attacked me.
then the rest of his Friends Did.
They all waited outside of Keldrin City for me. Everytime i wanted to go out and retrive my pack. Id Get PKed

Gekitou is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 05:22 AM
Toaster
Master of Toast

quote:
He Targeted me, he put me on his list, and attacked me.
then the rest of his Friends Did.
They all waited outside of Keldrin City for me. Everytime i wanted to go out and retrive my pack. Id Get PKed

Why didn't you run/hide when you got targeted? When you get targeted, check to see where the targeter is. If same zone as you, run. If unknown, watch them. If they enter your zone, run. If they are in a different zone, you're ok until they leave that zone.

Also, the best reaction: Say nothing.

If they are ganged around the entrance waiting for you, don't leave town. Stay in the respawn area. Think logically.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 05:34 AM
Gekitou
GoblinRunt

Running isnt to easy when he puts you on the list and waits for it to take effect while he blocks the door. I did stay in town, and i waited and waited, and it looked to me like they all left. I ran around all the borders of the town, and dashed for my pack. And then they Pull some god damned Ninja **** and like emerge from the ground and slaughter me. Oh, and how will i run from someone that can fly or has Paws on?
Logic dosent help to much when your opponent, is EVERYTHING you are not.

Gekitou is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 05:39 AM
Toaster
Master of Toast

quote:
Running isnt to easy when he puts you on the list and waits for it to take effect while he blocks the door. I did stay in town, and i waited and waited, and it looked to me like they all left. I ran around all the borders of the town, and dashed for my pack. And then they Pull some god damned Ninja **** and like emerge from the ground and slaughter me. Oh, and how will i run from someone that can fly or has Paws on?
Logic dosent help to much when your opponent, is EVERYTHING you are not.

Drop and come back later.

And before you say "but then I lose my stuff!", next time, drop when you are targetted.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 05:54 AM
Lxcool
OrcSlayer

Just one thing guys
Keep it real and do able. Also rember we are dealing with the midevil ages here.

Go to [url]http://www.petitiononline.com/savedyna/petition.html[/url] to help save dynamix from shutting down tribes/ tribes2

[img]http://hollyjollybeanboy.homestead.com/files/godblessamerica.jpg[/img]
[img]http://planethalflife.com/features/articles/terrorus/gat.jpg[/img] [img]http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~rpg/attachment.php?s=&postid=88128[/img] [img]http://www.badassbuddy.com/images/buddies/badassbuddy_com-terrorists.gif[/img]

Lxcool is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 06:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lxcool Click here to Send Lxcool a Private Message Click Here to Email Lxcool Visit Lxcool's homepage! Find more posts by Lxcool Add Lxcool to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

quote:
Originally posted by Strider
Newbie was invented in Utopia Online, not Counter-Strike. Silly gecko.

It was? What time was ULTIMA Online released? Cuz i remember hearing it in Subspace around 1996-97. Not like i want to claim one of my favorite games invented one of the most used internet words. I'm just curious. Cuz if it happened to, then there's a likelyhood of me using the word Oldbie a while before anybody. What was that term? Isolated blah blah crap? Cuz i coulda sworn i'd said that before it was ever said on this forum. :P

Also, in my area, i came up with calling people fagmo and dorkmo. I just stuck mo on the end of everything. Too bad i can't solidly claim i've ever invented anything really great.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 11:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Teepo
GoblinRunt

Post Stuff i wouldn't mind seeing

I wouldn't mind seeing a steady amount of exp for a certain monster insted of the lowering exp amount for each level you get. If its like that, it would be easier for the level 1's to get leveld up a bit faster then it is now (although now is pretty easy unless you forget to buy healing potions like me ).

I also like the idea about the vehicals, with horses and dragons and such. Although having a wildcat has a horse might be the weirdest looking horse ive ever seen, but i wouldnt mind riding it.

I also like the idea about having certain classes for certain things, like a miner class or a swordsman class. Also having skills for certain weapons might be better then certain damage types like we have now. Also the idea about the linking servers would help for times the server goes down or you get banned (lets hope people dont get banned though).

I don't really know of any other things really, well besides more weapons and armor..but im sure thats being added anyways. I also kinda host my own server, so just look for a non-dedicated server with me in it (Just look for a player named Teepo and thats me), its up mostly at nights and im still figuring out most of the admin commands, but its pretty fun to play around on. Now ill go play with admin commands while waiting for T2RPG to come out.

Teepo is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 12:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Teepo Click here to Send Teepo a Private Message Click Here to Email Teepo Find more posts by Teepo Add Teepo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

I can solidly claim 2 inventions of mine. the internet and recycled toilet paper

runtwing is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 12:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Oops! LOL, sorry Zx!

I can't concentrate with all the construction going on. =]

Anyway.. Check www.uo.com.. I think they have a history there. They had working internet gaming there LONG before subspace, I'm pretty sure.

Utopia, Ultima, bah. =]

And you didn't invent oldbie, I'm damn sure.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 04:21 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

OT: and I've always told my kids:

Mother is the necessity of invention.

----------

Olbie: are you sure Al Gore didn't invent that?

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 07:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i jsut got a tshirt that says "DEFINE LAMRON?"

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote