Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > Trouble downloading TRPG?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tbone
TravellerPaladin

Trouble downloading TRPG?

I thought I would bring a few weaknesses to light in downloading TRPG. While I don't know if this has been discussed or not, it wouldn't hurt to go back over it.

The first problem was finding the link to download the mod. I see, however, that in the new updates, the correct site address is given in the server info stuff, so that should be fixed.

The other problem is installing TRPG. Most n00bs think that you simply download the mod, then run Tribes. I remember at the old site, at the page to download the mod, there was also instructions. These instructions included important information such as putting that string in "Run" (you know...the C:\blahblah\tribes.exe -rpg mod or whatever it is). I can't find that information on the download page anymore, though.

These are problems that have been brought to my attention by newbies. That's all the problems I kknow of for now. Just thought I'd throw this out there so perhaps in the future it will be easier to get the mod.

*GSN Veteran*
Uber Bar & Grill: Home of the Uber Burger!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tbone is offline Old Post 08-21-2001 12:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tbone Click here to Send Tbone a Private Message Click Here to Email Tbone Find more posts by Tbone Add Tbone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tbone
TravellerPaladin

33 views....0 replies....well, at least I have 33 views.

*GSN Veteran*
Uber Bar & Grill: Home of the Uber Burger!

Tbone is offline Old Post 08-25-2001 01:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tbone Click here to Send Tbone a Private Message Click Here to Email Tbone Find more posts by Tbone Add Tbone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanders
GnollHunter

You well know we want to help, but only alaric or JI can do something about it (like add it to the site wise)

We could post instructions ourselves, but ... I'd guess the thread would be drowned out by all other posts, since some newbies don't post in this forum, or even look at it.

Hmm...

TOASTER! Make a sticky, post instructions on how to install, STAT!

If you are viewing sig, I am sorry for the size, but due to the large number of ppl not viewing sigs, I don't care.

Sanders is offline Old Post 08-25-2001 02:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sanders Click here to Send Sanders a Private Message Click Here to Email Sanders Visit Sanders's homepage! Find more posts by Sanders Add Sanders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote