Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > Skills System/Misc. Ideas (my own)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gandalf
GoblinThief

Skills System/Misc. Ideas (my own)

Ok, if I were the one to make up a skills system, this is how it would go. Its kind of a mix between a lot that I have heard.

First of all, the skills that you could distribute SP to would be:

Strength
Constitution
Dexterity
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma <--this *could* be taken out

The base classes I would use are:

Knight
Elf
Mage
Dwarf
*note: Different version can be added (such as cleric/druid for mage or paladin/fighter for the knight, and each would have its own certain multiplyers for the skills)

Ok, for each skill... Strength would determine how much damage your attacks do, as well as your bash and shove power. Constitution would determine the your HP and the recovery rate of your hp. Dexterity would determine how accurate you are, and could also affect (slightly) your attack speed. Now if you had good dex, Im not saying you would attack really fast..but it would affect it slightly. Intelligence would determine your MP, while wisdom would determine the rate at which it regenerates. For charisma, I was thinking that it could determine how many people that you could have in a party, as well as how well you could tame monsters/pets (which is what Im going to explain next). I dont know how many SP you should get when you start, and how many you should get for each level. I think thats something that you should decide.

Ok, now for the taming monster idea. I think that there should be dogs, or goblins, or *something* that you could tame. It should be able to get stronger, as well as level up. I know you might think its a wierd idea, but I have seen many games with this addition and it makes it alot more fun, as well as a little harder. It gets harder because it takes experience away from you (logically since it attacks what you attack). *note: The tamed pet/monster will ONLY attack what you attack, and can be set for different modes such as defensive and offensive, or stay.

I know this is getting long, so I will end it with this just 2 more ideas, starting with a question. Are there going to be weapons/armors that raise your stats at all? If there arent, there should be. There could be all kinds of things, like ammulets or rings (ie. Ammulet or Ring of dexterity/strength etc...)

Ok, for the last thing. There should be more potions! There are a lot of things that potions could be good for. First of all, a few ideas for potions.

Potion of Emotion: Bravery (blue)
Potion of Emotion: Wisdom (purple)
Potion of Emotion: Intelligence (purple)
Potion of Haste Self (green)
*note that healing potions should be RED and mana potions should be CLEAR

Here are the explinations:

The first potion, the Bravery, should be able to be used by Knights/Paladins only. Mainly what it does is,temporarily increases running and attack speed. Certain monsters should drop them, and they should be fairly expensive. The second 2 potions, Wisdom and Intelligence. These potions would be for magic users only (mage/cleric/druid). These potions temporarily increase the intelligence or wisdom (depending on which potion is used). For the last potion, haste. This potion can be used by any class. Its basically like the bravery, it increases attack and running speed..but it can be used by any and all classes. If a knight uses a bravery, and a haste potion, than he will be twice as fast as a character that is only using a bravery, or only using a green. Knights should have this ability because they are the people who do the close up fighting, and usually take all the hits. Mages will still be able to use greens, but they have the wisdom and intelligence potions to boost their spell/mana power. *note: The potions (other than haste and bravery) will NOT be accumulative.

This is getting really long, so just tell me what you think! I dont mind being told that something is dumb, but dont over do it

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gandalf is offline Old Post 08-25-2001 10:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gandalf Click here to Send Gandalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Gandalf Find more posts by Gandalf Add Gandalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gandalf
GoblinThief

By the way, it *IS* missing a lot of things (such as speech and smithing, and many more) but they can be put in easily without changing much.

Gandalf is offline Old Post 08-25-2001 10:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gandalf Click here to Send Gandalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Gandalf Find more posts by Gandalf Add Gandalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gandalf
GoblinThief

And also, for leveling up. I dont think it should be to get 1000 experience points to level. There should be a little bar, or something that went up and when it reaches the end than you should level up. Make it like 25% of level 15 or 50% of level 30, instead of 300 out of 1000 experience points of level 20. Its much easier to say, as well as much more practical.

Gandalf is offline Old Post 08-25-2001 10:54 PM