Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Main > TribesRPG Discussion > Help is here!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SilverHorse
Banned

Help is here!

As I have nothing to do, I have decided I would help solve your tribes RPG problems.

I have created two ways of contacting me about problems with Tribes RPG:

AOL Instant Messenger Users: Nickname for TRPG Help is SilverOfKeldrin

ICQ users: ICQ number for TRPG Help is 93192071

Ed: Anyone else wishing to help people out (The few Noble people left here...) please contact me via my normal ICQ (93192071) or AIM (SilverOfKeldrin)

Last edited by SilverHorse on 09-28-2001 at 04:49 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 07-16-2001 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

On mIRC there are usually a few of us who will answer any questions we can.

Good luck, Silver.

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 07-16-2001 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
machwing
OgreHalberdier

help? I do need help I need help getting into yoshi's servr, if you can give me suggestions as to what I need, tell me. I'll also accept more ram as a gift

machwing is offline Old Post 07-17-2001 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

If your RAM is 64MB...try closeing most un-needed programs...

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 07-17-2001 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

If you use ICQ, turn it off.

With 64 megs of RAM, it takes up 12% of it.

Musicmatch Jukebox takes up 22%.

IE 5.5 takes 2%

Close down all programs running that are not needed. Give it time to. Some people have said it takes them as logn as 4 minutes to connect, so wait a while. If it times out, ask Y0shi if he can send you some of his edited files so you can join easier.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 07-17-2001 04:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

the general problem is that he will not send out the edited files, and he has so many that only people on cable or dsl can connect in tribes alloted timout time.

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 07-17-2001 02:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

hey silver i do need some help i can't seem to get my admin working!!!

I put level five pass word as: levelfive

start the server
mkae sure my other field is levelfive
connect to the server
type: #admin levelfive
but nothing happens...it doesn't say anything and i can't #addsp Coca-Bear 100 or nothing???

WHY??? Zel tried to help me but...doesn't reply to the post(hehehe zel)

Can you help me Silver? i have sent you an icq message but you haven't replied either....can you help?

Thanks Coca-Bear

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 02:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Coca_Bear Click here to Send Coca_Bear a Private Message Visit Coca_Bear's homepage! Find more posts by Coca_Bear Add Coca_Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Your character password is unrelated. You just need to make sure the .cs file (it has server in the name, but I cannot remember the whole thing) with the server data has the passwords set up properly in it. Alternatively, you can start a server with the applet that JI sends with TRPG. It's got a coupla slots to define the passwords.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 02:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

yeah i made sure that i had the same password in the rpgserv.cs and the applet JI has put in the game....but still no luck??? any ideas?

Coca-Bear

P.S. i have attached the rpgserv.cs if you want to have a lookies

Attachment: rpgserv.cs
This has been downloaded 32 time(s).

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 02:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Coca_Bear Click here to Send Coca_Bear a Private Message Visit Coca_Bear's homepage! Find more posts by Coca_Bear Add Coca_Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Get rid of the brackets. Right now, your password isn't "levelfive".

Correct form:
$AdminPassword[5] = "levelfive";

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 03:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Eeep Sorry coca, was at the Blink 182 concert last night. Haven't checked ICQ in 24 hours.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 05:35 PM
Nightmare

No Questions, just Praising

I think what you guys are doing here is very noble of you, especially you silver for giving so much attention to this post and for having the kindness to set it up.
I am willing to help, but I don't think I would know enough. However, I will try and do my best to answer any questions in a helping way. That is whenever I am on to check my posts and other stuff, I won't be here every other minute, maybe once or twice a day.

Nightmare
AKA - Nitemare

Nightmare is online now Old Post 07-19-2001 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nightmare Click here to Send Nightmare a Private Message Find more posts by Nightmare Add Nightmare to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

Thank Ya Toaster....i'll check it in a min. to see if it works...the <> were made using the rpgserv.exe that came with RPG...so i wouldn't of guessed i wil post back either wat it goes

Thanks Coca-Bear

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 12:00 PM
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

SWEET WOOT it worked thanks a lot Toaster...it works....you rule

Coca-Bear

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 02:20 PM
machwing
OgreHalberdier

if someone could send the files to yoshi's server that already has them, I would be gratefull, because I now think the problem is, no matter how much ram I have, my stupid firewall(which I cant turn off without losing internet connection, clever *******s!) won't let any of the files I'm being sent get through. If you gots the files, just send em to machwing@hotmail.com and I'll praise you as my 3rd god (god and JI being the other 2) for long time:P

machwing is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 03:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

What firewall and ISP? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to assist you in, ahem, fixing the issue.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 04:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
machwing
OgreHalberdier

It's hardware, some router thing with a built in firewall,gah, it says theres some "demilitarized" version, but I cant turn off the firewall without turning off the internet's connection (internet is mainly on the G4, it routed through to the other computers in the house)so all I really can be helped with is if you get the yoshi files and send em to my e-mail *bump*:(
[edit] oh yea, and my dad wont let me turn off the firewall he's too afraid that, out of millions of computers, a hacker is gonna target mine

machwing is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 04:42 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Heh, do you know how to telnet into a router? If so, happily disable the firewall. No one outside will even notice.

If not, contact vendor(probably Linksys, Cayman, or Efficient) for details. I belive I have most of thier contact numbers in my cubicle here...

Or, if you don't mind disconnecting the rest of the network, just unplug the router and hook it straight from the wall into your computer.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 05:56 PM
machwing
OgreHalberdier

plugging it straight in is hard since their is a wall between me and the wiring for my cable...and I do not know how to telenet:(

btw: its an MIH-130 Xrouter pro

machwing is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 06:00 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Hmm, do you have a hub around? it would be fairly easy to circumvent the wire problem that way...

I'm unfamiliar with that router brand...look up the maker on the net, and call them for info with configuring it. Should work. :-)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 07:21 PM
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

I think this thread should be in technical support... hmm

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 08:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Copperstart
GoblinRunt

it is lol -SB-SirSteven

check the top =)

Copperstart is offline Old Post 07-19-2001 08:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Copperstart Click here to Send Copperstart a Private Message Visit Copperstart's homepage! Find more posts by Copperstart Add Copperstart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ruster
GoblinRunt

Thumbs up I cant get into an RPG sevrer!!!!

Someone please help me. I cannot join any RPG base servers on Tribes. I have downloaded all the downloads on this site and installed them correctly. When I try to join a server, it gets all the way to the "Lets get ready to rock and roll!" quote and for about 1-3 minutes, does nothing. I can hear my proccesor doing something, but it always says the server has timed out. And I see people in that server! Please, someone tell me how I can get into an RPG base server, please!!

Ruster is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ruster Click here to Send Ruster a Private Message Click Here to Email Ruster Visit Ruster's homepage! Find more posts by Ruster Add Ruster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

First off you may want to exit un-needed programs before joining the game... ICQ eats alot of ram, how much ram do you have now? You may also want to quit tribes after trying to join once then try again... I time out alot of 128 MB of RAM and I always have to restart tribes to join a server again.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 04:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i hope you hear your harddrive crunching, not the processor thinking, because if you can hear the processor something is seriously wrong.

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 04:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
claytan
GoblinRunt

Question me 2 me 2!!!

well every one is asking 4 help so here i go i had the same problem as Ruster witch was not that bad but now when ever i get up to loading all is OK then when i gets to getting ready to rock and roll my tribes game blinks out so i am looking at my desk top then tribes appears in what looks like a doss program twice then it says tribes has compleated an eligeal operation and then shuts down so can you help me out?

claytan is offline Old Post 07-30-2001 06:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for claytan Click here to Send claytan a Private Message Click Here to Email claytan Find more posts by claytan Add claytan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Details, details...

Does this happen on just TRPG servers, or always?

Which servers?

System specs?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-30-2001 08:07 PM
Kurobei
GoblinRunt

Unhappy

i installed the thing... and it works fine.... but now... i cant do training or host games because it shows NOTHING. i dun like this at all..... considering i usually host for all my friends... the thing keeps some things like the rune and the mana tree at the energy bars and the skull above enemies and i kinda like those but the not being able to train or host is no good..... can anyone help me?
kupo....

Kurobei is offline Old Post 07-30-2001 08:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kurobei Click here to Send Kurobei a Private Message Click Here to Email Kurobei Find more posts by Kurobei Add Kurobei to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Um, once again more details...

Are you hosting regular Ribes server or RPG? Also, if you are running the RPG mod, expect training to be slightly warped...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-30-2001 08:52 PM
Kurobei
GoblinRunt

i cant host anything period
or go into training....
theres absolutely nothing in any of those, just the windows... nothing to select and if i try to choose play game it just shoves me into raindance.....

Kurobei is offline Old Post 07-30-2001 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kurobei Click here to Send Kurobei a Private Message Click Here to Email Kurobei Find more posts by Kurobei Add Kurobei to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote