Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > Server Crash Messages - Debug
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
FOAD

JI and Deus, et all,

I was gone for the afternoon and when I returned I saw the lil' rextangular crash box with the "red X" on the screen and the server and infinite spawn were frozen. I retreived the details of the crashes.

2 were page faults, they read the same:
"Tribes caused an invalid page fault in module Tribes.exe at 016f: 00488085"

The other one was a kernel crash which read:
"Tribes caused and exception c0000026H in module KERNEL32>DLL at 016f: bffc04d4"

I will research it further in the windows script correllation and post my findings.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-10-2001 10:45 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MadForIt
GoblinThief

Just wondering foad, Is your tribes version 1.105 for a reason ?

MadForIt is offline Old Post 03-10-2001 11:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MadForIt Click here to Send MadForIt a Private Message Click Here to Email MadForIt Find more posts by MadForIt Add MadForIt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FOAD

Post ver 1.105

I had to reinstall tribes in it's entirety 2 weeks agao and updated it from seirra. I forgot all about going to tribesplayers.com and getting the LATEST update. Christ, I get so busy lately, I sometimes forget to breathe...LOL. Thanks MadForIt...you may have the answer...I'll go and update now.

Old Post 03-10-2001 11:13 PM
MadForIt
GoblinThief

np man =D

MadForIt is offline Old Post 03-10-2001 11:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MadForIt Click here to Send MadForIt a Private Message Click Here to Email MadForIt Find more posts by MadForIt Add MadForIt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Maybe that was why it was crashing?

Hehe *hope it was*

If not then its that script.

-Deus ex Machina JI's l33t music for those lonely scripting nights

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-10-2001 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

woohoo ver 1.11 =)

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-10-2001 11:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FOAD

Talking Version 1.11 installed

Ok....The base upgrade from tribesplayers.com to 1.11 has been installed successfully and the server is back up and running. Lets see how it goes.

The following is from Microsoft on fatal errors and exceptions. This makes ALOT of sense now knowing that the base version of tribes was not in compatible code aspects with which the new rpgmod scripting and updating was done. Dontcha just luv BETA?...it IS highly educational at times

"Fatal exception errors are codes that are returned by a program in the following cases:

1.Access to an illegal instruction has been encountered

2.Invalid data or code has been accessed

3.The privilege level of an operation is invalid

When any of these cases occurs, the processor returns an exception to the operating system, which in turn is handled as a fatal exception error. In many cases the exception is non-recoverable and the system must either be restarted or shut down, depending upon the severity of the error.

In the sample error message that is listed above, XY represents the actual processor exception from 00 to 0F. (Note that the "h" that is listed after the 0E, 0F, and so on, in the explanations below is frequently omitted from the error message.) The xxxx:xxxxxxxx value represents the enhanced instruction pointer to the code segment; the 32-bit address is the actual address where the exception occurred.

Windows does not cause these errors, but has the exception-handling routine for that particular processor exception, which displays the error message.

How's dem apples fer ya ??

Old Post 03-10-2001 11:33 PM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

LOL

*knows now to re-start after a fatel error*

;)

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-10-2001 11:42 PM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

quote:
Originally posted by FOAD
JI and Deus, et all,

I was gone for the afternoon and when I returned I saw the lil' rextangular crash box with the "red X" on the screen and the server and infinite spawn were frozen. I retreived the details of the crashes.

2 were page faults, they read the same:
"Tribes caused an invalid page fault in module Tribes.exe at 016f: 00488085"

The other one was a kernel crash which read:
"Tribes caused and exception c0000026H in module KERNEL32>DLL at 016f: bffc04d4"

I will research it further in the windows script correllation and post my findings.

I had that error before I found it to be that my Vurtual Memory ran out. So the program crashed becuse it didn't have enough available memory for the operations.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 03-11-2001 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FOAD

Post Virtual Memory

Well Tri, NQ's virtual memory or swap file is by no means small or near full (2029MB) and the system RAM is at 256MB, with 66% resources free with all TSRs, server, rpgserver, and console running.

As I stated in my previous post, several things can cause this which is NOT USUALLY caused by windows itself.

I still believe it was the base version of Tribes not being updated to 1.11. Since the update, the page faults and exceptions have ceased.

Thanks for your input tho ma man.

Old Post 03-11-2001 06:33 AM
Rakenne
GnollHunter

Did it crash just now? It went down just for enough time for me to get whining here and the it was back up?

Last edited by Rakenne on 03-11-2001 at 07:16 AM

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-11-2001 07:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

It didn't crash(other people on the server said so) but I my connection there crashed for couple of mins. After I got back on I got the endless recovering for last spell-message.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-11-2001 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

I believe this problem was caused by one of your admins playing around with the currently unstable #onhear

It will be working nicely in update #7

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-11-2001 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

I didn't use it till after FOAD update Tribes to 1.11 and server I think hasn't crashed yet.

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-11-2001 11:35 PM
FOAD

That's correct. No crash since the base 1.11 update other than a standard crash and an Infinite Spawn restart as should be. Right now the server has been running for 540 minutes since I updated it to #6 this afternoon.

Old Post 03-12-2001 04:14 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

function Test3()
{
say(0, "#block test3");
say(0, "#spawn runt Bartender default 0");
say(0, "#freeze Bartender");
say(0, "#onhear Bartender 10 true \"hi\" >#call hearhi ^victimName, ^victimCoins,");
say(0, "#endblock");
say(0, "#block hearhi");
say(0, "#if {%2 <10} #fw bartender #tell %1, you are too poor for a drink.");
say(0, "#if {%2 > 9} #fw Bartender #tell %1, Would you like a drink? [yes]");
say(0, "#onhear Bartender 10 true \"yes\" >#call hearyes ^victimName, ^victimCoins,");
say(0, "#endblock");
say(0, "#block hearyes");
say(0, "#item %1 bluepotion 1");
say(0, "#addcoins %1 -10");
say(0, "#fw Bartender #tell %1, Enjoy your drink.");
say(0, "#endblock");
say(0, "#call test3");
}

I said hi

and i laged out. i think the server crashed.

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 04:32 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Yeah it did.....sorry

I don't see why....

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 04:34 AM
FOAD

Yep...Big time!

Just like before...

Read what JI says Deus:

I think we're nearing the end of the beta period. This update addresses the #onhear command which had a few problems. Be careful with this command because you can potentially crash the server computer.

Example: #onhear test 10 "hi" true >#say hi

This will crash the server. Of course only admins level 3 can even use this command, so it's up to the server owner to pick his/her admins with care.

Old Post 03-12-2001 05:01 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

I know

#onhear test 10 "hi" true >#say hi

The bot or person will hear himself say it and will repeat it over and over and over.

I but i didn't do that tho....

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 05:04 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Wait a min......

say(0, "#onhear Bartender 10 true \"hi\" >#call hearhi

would that do it too.......hmmmm.....

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 05:06 AM
FOAD

Another totally WIERD thing....
On the EZConsole, the time the server has been up and running is NOW RUNNING IN REVERSE! When I reboot and restart, it starts a 24:00 minutes and counts down (TO WHAT??) It used to start at zero and count up, as to keep track of the server running time. This one is a logjammer ???

Any Ideas, JI or Deus?

Old Post 03-12-2001 05:08 AM
FOAD

quote:
Originally posted by FOAD
Another totally WIERD thing....
On the EZConsole, the time the server has been up and running is NOW RUNNING IN REVERSE! When I reboot and restart, it starts a 24:00 minutes and counts down (TO WHAT??) It used to start at zero and count up, as to keep track of the server running time. This one is a logjammer ???

Any Ideas, JI or Deus?

...18:22 to go...I gotta see what happens when it reaches zero.

Old Post 03-12-2001 05:09 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

........!

Did you try to re-install EZconsole?

Lets hope zero don't crash the server :P

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 05:11 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

EZconsole no like RPG? =(

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 05:13 AM
FOAD

No.....Xanth and I have used EZConsole since day one and it works great. This is the first time I ever saw this.

Old Post 03-12-2001 05:15 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Maybe it don't like me.....lol =\

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 05:17 AM
FOAD

It's really odd...8:25 and counting DOWN (anticipation is worse than a GUINNESS)

Old Post 03-12-2001 05:19 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Maybe it is a count to.....I don't wanna even know....

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 05:21 AM
FOAD

Unhappy 4:50

LOL.....me neither

Old Post 03-12-2001 05:23 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

wow 4:50 ...........

*scared*

Counting really quick won't you say....

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 05:24 AM