Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > A few things...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DescenderX
GnollShaman

First off, my item problem... I have removed every item that I had, and still a cracked xbow+shortbow and rusty war axe show up for sale at every merchant... how would I go about getting these rusties off the merchant's lists? If the only way is to remove the rusties is to edit the weapons.cs file and take out some stuff since JI chocked up the update past the item limit, plz read #4.

Secondly, some monsters spawn without weapons for some reason... sometmes they won't even cast spells, since they may end up without a castingblade.

Thirdly, advheal4-6 don't work. I can #w em, but trying to cast them won't work... "This spell seems unfamiliar to you" every try...

Fourthly, suppose I wanted to remove a few of the weaker weapons and stuff JI had put in to replace with certain other unique stuff I had and wish to keep on Azeroth, how would I re-compile the .vol file so I could remove some of the weapons? I know I'd have to extract weapons.cs and remove every reference to, oh lets just say the Ogre Hammer. Now that I have a new weapons.cs file, how do I stuff it back in scripts.vol? Or do I even need to do that?

Thx for any help on any of these problems. I can't really get my server up and running until I fix a few of these things, since I want to be able to be able to focus on helping players get out of Keldrin Town and to the runts in the mines instead of ripping my hair out b/c the items didn't exec again

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DescenderX is offline Old Post 03-13-2001 08:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DescenderX Click here to Send DescenderX a Private Message Click Here to Email DescenderX Find more posts by DescenderX Add DescenderX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

becasue spell's effects are hardcoded into spells.cs all of your spells are in a spells.cs!

when ji makes new spells they are in his spells.cs

i assume you have custom spells that need to be ported into verions 4.751 by changing the index numbers and putting them into the new spells.cs

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-13-2001 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DescenderX
GnollShaman

Well...

No new spells at all... and nothing spell related has ever conflicted before... and suddenly, all of the new heal buggers don't want to cast...

Last edited by DescenderX on 03-14-2001 at 12:00 AM

DescenderX is offline Old Post 03-13-2001 11:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DescenderX Click here to Send DescenderX a Private Message Click Here to Email DescenderX Find more posts by DescenderX Add DescenderX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

any old versions of .cs files at all?

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DescenderX
GnollShaman

Hmm... besides my weapon and item scripts, and the plugs.cs file (which I deleted and re-created), no I don't think so.

DescenderX is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 12:46 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Update your items...The Items have new coding added.

like armors

$ArmorHitSound[PaddedArmor] = SoundHitLeather;

$ArmorList[1] = "PaddedArmor";

Theres others.

-Deus ex Machina JI's l33t music for those lonely scripting nights

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 02:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DescenderX
GnollShaman

Cool cool

Deus, you got a list handy of all these new vars?I know I could just open up the weapons.cs file, but I don't knowif I'd spot all of 'em... if you don't have a list or are unwilling to type anything out, that's fine.

DescenderX is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 04:41 AM
DescenderX
GnollShaman

Ahhh yes...

***bump*** :(

DescenderX is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 08:35 PM