Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > Going crazy, please help!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Seppuku
GoblinRunt

Unhappy

I am going absolutely insane. I downloaded the big ol' base rpg mod and the lil' update. Finally figured out how to start the RPG mod with the "-mod rpg" line. But every server I try to log on to I get an error at log in saying that my version of "rpgbutch.dtf" is not correct. Now, not being COMPLETELY oblivious I looked through my tribes/rpg folder...hey, I didn't notice that one when I extracted this file OR the update! HEY!!! It's not in there. (Minutes later...) HEY! Its not on the whole flamin' computer! (View all file types on, no *.dtf files on local hard drive!) OK, no sweat...
Deleted whole dang rpg folder. Re-ran the Base extraction file RE-unzipped the patch to the newest version and BUPKIS!!
Can someone throw me a frickin' bone over here? I'm beggin' ya. Pretty please even.

-Seppuku

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Seppuku is offline Old Post 04-22-2001 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Seppuku Click here to Send Seppuku a Private Message Click Here to Email Seppuku Find more posts by Seppuku Add Seppuku to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seppuku
GoblinRunt

addendum...rpgbutch5.dtf <NT>

the file EXACTLY is "rpgbutch5.dtf" that's stated as missing. ACK

Seppuku is offline Old Post 04-22-2001 12:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Seppuku Click here to Send Seppuku a Private Message Click Here to Email Seppuku Find more posts by Seppuku Add Seppuku to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NEHR
OrcSlayer

ill reply because everyone in forum has once or twice

make sure you install base first then install update in the same directory as the base is installed.

make sure you have up to date update i belive it is 4.94

FAHR

Server:Binkers and Newbies
Class:CLERIC - POPE IX
Remort:9
Level:129
Cash:Now Broke (crack addict)
Storage:Only What I need
last updated:10/05/01

NEHR is online now Old Post 04-22-2001 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NEHR Click here to Send NEHR a Private Message Click Here to Email NEHR Visit NEHR's homepage! Find more posts by NEHR Add NEHR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NEHR
OrcSlayer

another thing the rpgbutch.dtf file is embedded in one og the vol files so you will never find it in your computer

FAHR

Server:Binkers and Newbies
Class:CLERIC - POPE IX
Remort:9
Level:129
Cash:Now Broke (crack addict)
Storage:Only What I need
last updated:10/05/01

NEHR is online now Old Post 04-22-2001 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NEHR Click here to Send NEHR a Private Message Click Here to Email NEHR Visit NEHR's homepage! Find more posts by NEHR Add NEHR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote