Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > Help Timeout issue
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
NEHR
OrcSlayer

Angry

Ever since new update i cant connect to any server. I have a pentium 2 266 with 64mb of Ram, iv tried putting my graphics to low. If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NEHR is online now Old Post 03-14-2001 04:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NEHR Click here to Send NEHR a Private Message Click Here to Email NEHR Visit NEHR's homepage! Find more posts by NEHR Add NEHR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

It's been happening to me too, I don't know what's up with that...

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 05:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Rest assured tho, that when a problem happens to the CREATOR of the game, you can be sure something's gonna get done about it

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 05:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

Esco

NEHR, You live in Escondido?

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 06:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FOAD

Post Timeouts

Most timeouts that I have seen are related to firewall settings or rule creations. JI, I know you run BlackIce and I dont know if NHER is even running one. But I thought it worth considering from a tcp/ip & UDP standpoint and the new mod/update.

Old Post 03-14-2001 06:42 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NEHR
OrcSlayer

yeah steven i live in Esco

NEHR is online now Old Post 03-14-2001 06:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NEHR Click here to Send NEHR a Private Message Click Here to Email NEHR Visit NEHR's homepage! Find more posts by NEHR Add NEHR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NEHR
OrcSlayer

No FOAD i dont run a firewall. I think my comp is too slow. If someone out there is running the same type of setup and can connect let me know.

also i am on cox@home if that makes a difference

NEHR is online now Old Post 03-14-2001 06:45 PM
DescenderX
GnollShaman

Source prob?

I think it mainly has to do with CPU power and a little wiith grfx power. IF your comp can't render the starting images fast enough, I believe it times out. A bunch of my friends (and myself) who have P200s cannot connect to servers. One of em even has a Voodoo 5 in the machine (why he didn't spend that money on otehr stuff, I dunno).
My crappier comp is a P200 MMX and runs a 1 meg 2D accelerator. If I got a 3d card in this sucker, and possibly overclocked it, it *may* be able to connect to a server... so I believe you may be having a similar problem...
Just my input. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I'll bet you'll find that slower CPU speeds have a tendancy of timing out on RPG more than faster ones.
Suggested soultions: Get a faster chip, or wait for JI to see if he can fix the prob... I'd do the second one

DescenderX is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 08:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DescenderX Click here to Send DescenderX a Private Message Click Here to Email DescenderX Find more posts by DescenderX Add DescenderX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NEHR
OrcSlayer

Just to let you guys know, I didnt have dma on for my hard drive, and i set my swapfile to 256mb(overrode having windows do it for me) and i can connect now if that helps anyone.

NEHR is online now Old Post 03-15-2001 04:30 AM
NEHR
OrcSlayer

sorry forgot letter

http://www.tweak3d.net/tweak

NEHR is online now Old Post 03-15-2001 04:34 AM
Wampire
GnollShaman

Me too

333MHz 96RAM closed all not needed progs and such, still TIMEOUT! Setted Ping timeout first to 1000...Then Tried 2500 L No way sir! Not working

-Wampire-

† Tribes is not a game. It is a way of living †

† One MOD to rule the all other MODs, One MOD to find them. One MOD to bring em' all, and in the Darkness bind them. Especially CS. In the land of TRPG, Where Keldrin lies. †

† Counter-Strike is nothing. Tribes is everything. Obey TRIBES †

Wampire is offline Old Post 03-21-2001 03:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Wampire Click here to Send Wampire a Private Message Click Here to Email Wampire Find more posts by Wampire Add Wampire to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tarkael
GoblinRunt

Talking

I was having the same problem too, but I worked with it a bit and got it to work (Dunno how). Are you using the built in tribes server finder or gamespy or what? Cause I recently got gamespy and found a few servers that work! So try that, Gamespy seems to work.

-Tarkael

Tarkael is offline Old Post 03-21-2001 04:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tarkael Click here to Send Tarkael a Private Message Click Here to Email Tarkael Find more posts by Tarkael Add Tarkael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raistlin
GoblinRunt

Angry TIMEOUT....

I dont think it's the computer that's making people timed out.

Im running a 600 mhz with 128 ram, cable modem, no firewall, and an AllInWonder 32 Grafix card which is top of the line besides Voodoo5 GRX cards. And i STILL GET THE CONNECTION TIMED OUT MESSAGE....

How can I fix this???

Raistlin is offline Old Post 03-21-2001 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raistlin Click here to Send Raistlin a Private Message Click Here to Email Raistlin Visit Raistlin's homepage! Find more posts by Raistlin Add Raistlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tarkael
GoblinRunt

Red face

I told you, Try Gamespy.

Tarkael is offline Old Post 03-21-2001 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tarkael Click here to Send Tarkael a Private Message Click Here to Email Tarkael Find more posts by Tarkael Add Tarkael to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Newguy
GoblinRunt

How?

How do u use gamespy??? im having the same problem

Newguy is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 05:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newguy Click here to Send Newguy a Private Message Click Here to Email Newguy Find more posts by Newguy Add Newguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raistlin
GoblinRunt

Unhappy BIG ...(NEW)... PROBLEM

I FINALLY got a server to work once and a while.

now I cant go into REGULAR tribes servers anymore ever since i installed the RPG mod!!!

PLEASE HELP!

Raistlin is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raistlin Click here to Send Raistlin a Private Message Click Here to Email Raistlin Visit Raistlin's homepage! Find more posts by Raistlin Add Raistlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-REDXIII.
ZombieThrasher

ok i got gamespy and found the rpg servers but i cant connect, i try to right click and "connect & play" but nothing happens

-SB-REDXIII. is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 06:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-REDXIII. Click here to Send -SB-REDXIII. a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-REDXIII. Find more posts by -SB-REDXIII. Add -SB-REDXIII. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

umm

Umm similarityes here

pent 200
cable

cable seems to be the problem here because some servers with firewalls are like rejecting them fast.(I tested this) I have a 200 and a 600 my 200 connects ONLY if my graphics are on LOW custom skins OFF and ALL external PROGRAMS (not nessisary to the system) are OFF. if you are running windows all you need is explorer everything else can go.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 08:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote