Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > I really need help!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Newguy
GoblinRunt

Exclamation

Iv tried inside threads but no one talks to me. This is my final plee, if i dont get any help, im quitting TRPG forever. Now, all i want is to be able to play online, this is what i know: I cant join any dedicated serves, every time i try it gets to the rock and roll part when loading and it says, connection to server timed out or somthing. some guy told me to delete everythingin tribes and reinstall all of it. now, that would take me 29 hours and i want to avoid that. I thought maby i would host a game if i couldnt connect to one, but i cant launch rpgserv.exe, it always says, that i dont have the right update or somthing. I heard that u can do it without using rpgserv.exe, but to do that, i need to open a cs. file, it wont let me open one. i also herd that if u use gamespy, it will work better, but i dont know how to get to gamespy. If some one could PLEASE HELP ME with 1 of these problems, I would be extremely grateful.

P.S whre do u download the UltimaRpg thing?

Last edited by Newguy on 03-26-2001 at 01:11 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Newguy is offline Old Post 03-26-2001 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newguy Click here to Send Newguy a Private Message Click Here to Email Newguy Find more posts by Newguy Add Newguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

to host an rpg game you need to run tribes.exe -mod rpg

Right click on your tribes short cut, click properties, goto where it says tribes.exe and add -mod rpg
run the shortcut.
in the game click multiplayer, host multiplayer game, and pick rpgmap5.

Vectrex is online now Old Post 03-26-2001 02:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Newguy
GoblinRunt

Thank You

That is all i wanted to know, Thank you so much 4 helping me, I look upon u as my master o' great knowledgable 1, thank you soooo much! im going to go try this

P.S Thank you

Newguy is offline Old Post 03-26-2001 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newguy Click here to Send Newguy a Private Message Click Here to Email Newguy Find more posts by Newguy Add Newguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote