Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > Win2000
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ZombieMauler

Question

Anyone out there running Tribes on Windows 2000? just wondering as I can only seem to connect to a server for like 20 seconds then it boots me I've reloaded tribes to no avail.. any suggestions?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Newbie is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 08:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

i'm running win2k and it works fine. Try switching to software mode.

Vectrex is online now Old Post 03-25-2001 09:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Ack software mode... hrm.. prolly would work fine then...

Newbie is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 09:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DizZy
OgreMagi

Software is cool u can see all the invisible stuff

DizZy is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 11:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DizZy Click here to Send DizZy a Private Message Click Here to Email DizZy Visit DizZy's homepage! Find more posts by DizZy Add DizZy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

win2k

was not designed for gaming. So the only way to fix it and put it in normal mode is to either get a patch.(dont know where or what) or install 98\5.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

No!!!

You've obviously never used win2k. Once you use it you cant go back to 9x.

If it works in software mode and not in hardware mode, then it must be an issue with your video card. Get the latest drivers for your video card and mother board. What kind of video card do you have?

Vectrex is online now Old Post 03-25-2001 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Yeah it works fine in software mode I have a Ge-Force poopy tribes... and yes i used win2k pro once and knew i had to have it...

Newbie is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 10:59 PM
Vectrex
Quest Master

can you run regular tribes in hardware mode?

Vectrex is online now Old Post 03-26-2001 01:58 AM
ZombieMauler

Well I just switched to Win2k like a week ago but yeah i could run regular tribes in hardware b4... but after a while (a few months) it would just go nuts....

Newbie is offline Old Post 03-26-2001 08:46 AM
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

you geeks =P

he probably doesnt have service pack 1 for Windows 2k Professional. Without service pack 1 tribes pretty much wont work worth crap =P I got 2k pro and service pack 1 and tribes has never run better =)

Class: Paladin
Level: 104
Remort: 1
Admin Level: 2 (Guide)
-----------------------------------------------

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 03-27-2001 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Hrm.. I think i have SP1 rofl i prolly downloaded it and just havn't installed it yet..

Newbie is offline Old Post 03-27-2001 03:16 AM
ZombieMauler

Yeah I have the Newest Vid drivers (6.5) and SP1.... hrm..

Newbie is offline Old Post 03-27-2001 08:05 PM
Wizard
GoblinRunt

i got 1 comps w/ win2k server and 2 w/ professional.
the server won't even install it w/o crashing
1 of the professionals won't install w/o crashing
the other professional runs fine
the problem seems to be whenever anything is associated w/ RPGtextures.vol (clicking the file even) it crashes either comp.
corrupted file? no...i even tried the one from the working version

Wizard is offline Old Post 03-28-2001 04:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Wizard Visit Wizard's homepage! Find more posts by Wizard Add Wizard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Hrm... I can install it just fine.. and it runs fine in software mode.. so basicly I'm sure it's Video related.. but I'm running Win2k ADV Server

Last edited by Newbie on 04-05-2001 at 03:48 AM

Newbie is offline Old Post 03-28-2001 08:52 AM
Wizard
GoblinRunt

yeah...i tried everything i could think of...posted so that maybe someone could try and duplicate it and find a fix for it..doubt i get that lucky though :\

Wizard is offline Old Post 03-29-2001 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Wizard Visit Wizard's homepage! Find more posts by Wizard Add Wizard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

WOOT!!! Kick buttocks... I tried using some older drivers 522 instead of 650 and they work YAHOO hehe Tribes 2 baby that's all i have to say about that

Newbie is offline Old Post 03-30-2001 12:28 PM