Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > having trouble with 4.788 update
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Omega
GoblinRunt

butchrpg.dtf...i thinks thats the name. is missing

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Omega is offline Old Post 03-19-2001 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega Click here to Send Omega a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Add Omega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DescenderX
GnollShaman

Server

It's most likely the server that doesn't have the right update. Only like 2 or 3 (including mine, which I'm now going to run w/o my kewl stuff until I can remove a few of the extra midium class weapons JI stuffed in).
Official Beta Release #1 (think that's its name) is almost always updated, so it's safest to play there for the time being. Unless of course, you'd want to pop on Azeroth 4 a bit

DescenderX is offline Old Post 03-19-2001 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DescenderX Click here to Send DescenderX a Private Message Click Here to Email DescenderX Find more posts by DescenderX Add DescenderX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ArmyMage
GoblinRunt

Problem

I can't even get the update, when i click on the link on the update page it keeps telling me that the site does not exsist. I've tried numerous times.

ArmyMage is offline Old Post 03-19-2001 02:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ArmyMage Click here to Send ArmyMage a Private Message Click Here to Email ArmyMage Find more posts by ArmyMage Add ArmyMage to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sir_Crusader
TravellerKnight

Location: Riverside, Ca, USA Server: Red Moon and FENIX Class: Paladin

sorry dude

Name: Sir_Cruasder
Class: Paladin
Level: 73
Remort: 0
-----------------------------------------------

Sir_Crusader is offline Old Post 03-19-2001 04:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sir_Crusader Click here to Send Sir_Crusader a Private Message Click Here to Email Sir_Crusader Find more posts by Sir_Crusader Add Sir_Crusader to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
addi
GoblinRunt

Do you guys that can login have "butchrpg5.dtf" file on your hard drive? I did the updates and dont have that file anywhere.

Thanks

addi is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for addi Click here to Send addi a Private Message Find more posts by addi Add addi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Omega
GoblinRunt

Angry Still having the problem

i redownloaded the base and update. Then deleted the tribes directory. Reinstalled...Same problem

rpgbutch5.dtf is still missing...

Omega is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 02:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega Click here to Send Omega a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Add Omega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

holy **** how many times do i have to repeat this

rpgbutch5.dtf is INSIDE rpgbutch5.ted, kind of like a zip.

If you have the incorrect rpgbutch5.dtf, it means you have the incorrect rpgbutch5.ted. Got it??

This problem means that you have a different version than the server you are attempting to join. Either YOU need to update, or THE SERVER needs to update.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Omega
GoblinRunt

i did update

i did update and the server has the same update...

Omega is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 05:05 PM
Mir

then erase your RPG folder, redownload the base, extract it to /tribes/rpg/
then download the upgrade patch, and extract that to
/tribes/rpg/ and make sure you overwrite all old files.

if you STILL cant connect, and get the rpbutch crap, then either you ****ed up somewhere, or the server is on an old update.

thats the deal... theres no other possibilities.
I've been with the mod for quite a while, and I cant remember a single time when JI has packed one of the files wrong (I'm sure he tests them)
so its something broken on your end, not on his.

Old Post 03-21-2001 04:37 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raistlin
GoblinRunt

Angry Grrrr...

Then WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!??

Ever hear of USER FRIENDLY?????

Raistlin is offline Old Post 03-21-2001 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raistlin Click here to Send Raistlin a Private Message Click Here to Email Raistlin Visit Raistlin's homepage! Find more posts by Raistlin Add Raistlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
addi
GoblinRunt

This is just a question/idea. Right as your loging in, is there a way to see what version the server is running? All i can remember seeing is something ... tribe rpg.

addi is offline Old Post 03-22-2001 02:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for addi Click here to Send addi a Private Message Find more posts by addi Add addi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Raistlin, not everyone is having problems. Just people like you. I can't make this completely user-friendly because Tribes has a lot of limitations. If I had my way, I'd make updates completely automatic. Also, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that you're running different versions than the server. Update, or wait for your server to update.

addi, in the server list, there's a button entitled 'INFO'. Try clicking it and the version number will be in the info window

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-22-2001 03:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TimeSlpiter
ZombieThrasher

what is the #spawndis file to egt Fort Ethren

PS i am LVL 5 admin so it tried #spawndis ethrenwalls 1

and it didnt werk WHY???

TimeSlpiter is offline Old Post 03-22-2001 03:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TimeSlpiter Click here to Send TimeSlpiter a Private Message Click Here to Email TimeSlpiter Find more posts by TimeSlpiter Add TimeSlpiter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raistlin
GoblinRunt

Red face i DID update

I did get the latest update, is it just that everyone has a verson lower than mine? I mean, seriously, I dont think it's the version difference.

Raistlin is offline Old Post 03-23-2001 02:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raistlin Click here to Send Raistlin a Private Message Click Here to Email Raistlin Visit Raistlin's homepage! Find more posts by Raistlin Add Raistlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radiant
GoblinRunt

Angry

Omg, Its so easy, Stupid as hell too, RPG mod, version 4.751 is Too old to play on the 4.788 servers (which all servers are right now) And the update, 4.893 is too far advanced over 4.788, so Whoever made 4.893 incompatible with older versions goofed because now those of use who are re-installing or just starting have to wait for the servers to update! WOOOPPEEEEE!

GJ guys, Try not to do that again.

Radiant is offline Old Post 03-30-2001 10:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Radiant Click here to Send Radiant a Private Message Click Here to Email Radiant Find more posts by Radiant Add Radiant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

when you extract the update into your rpg folder, make sure you say "yes" when it asks you if you want to overwrite.

Vectrex is online now Old Post 03-30-2001 02:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WillowWind
GnollShaman

Thumbs down Listen

Everyone needs to stop complaining, and try to figure stuff out on their own a little bit sometimes. And Radiant, its not JI's fault that the servers arent updated, and also, for your information my server =-Veeshan Server-= has been up since like 4:00 am with the newest version.

[email]GoNOsaints34@aol.com[/email]

WillowWind is offline Old Post 03-30-2001 05:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WillowWind Click here to Send WillowWind a Private Message Click Here to Email WillowWind Visit WillowWind's homepage! Find more posts by WillowWind Add WillowWind to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radiant
GoblinRunt

I never said it was his fault, But it does kinda suck that people couldnt play for a while.

Radiant is offline Old Post 03-31-2001 10:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Radiant Click here to Send Radiant a Private Message Click Here to Email Radiant Find more posts by Radiant Add Radiant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote