Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > CorruptInstal, need file!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kasuto
GoblinRunt

I have this problem. Every single time I install ANY version of RPG, it says my version is corrupt and that i missed a few files. I just got the newest EXE of RPG, but I was, as usual, missing a few files. I got one from a prevoious version, but now I need jhosed.vol. If anyone could send it to me I would be forever greatfull.

kv_Kasuto@disinfo.net

AIM: astrowicca

MSN: KrusaderX@hotmail.com (don't send email here!)

Yahoo!: Kasuto417

Thanx!

-Kas

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kasuto is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kasuto Click here to Send Kasuto a Private Message Click Here to Email Kasuto Find more posts by Kasuto Add Kasuto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

you dont have a corrupt instal.

explain your problem please.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kasuto
GoblinRunt

Ok, when i execute the rpg_4.whatever.exe, it's extracting and there is a bad CRC for jhosed as well as a few other files. So it can't extract them, it says my rpg_4.xxx base file is corrupt, and that i should redownload. I know from experience that this does not work, however. Soooo I need that file. jhosed.vol
Thank you

Kasuto is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kasuto Click here to Send Kasuto a Private Message Click Here to Email Kasuto Find more posts by Kasuto Add Kasuto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

damn. ive never seen anything like that, there is a chance a redownload WOULD fix it.. and keep in mind that you would need someoen to send every single file that was after jhosed in the exe, and theres a lot of files in there.

try execing it again without programs running, something editing your HD might mess it up.... i dont know whats going on.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kasuto
GoblinRunt

actually everything after jhosed is fine. I know this for a fact. magetower.vol was screwed up, so i found it from an older version of RPG, then i put it in and tried to join a server and it said jhosed was missing. That means that everything in between magetower and jhosed is fine so just getting the few files that failed to extract should work. There was another one, but that was in the update, so that's fine. I'll try just using jhosed.vol if someone sends it. I'll check my email actually...

PS: Systray and explorer are the only two programs running besides the rpg_4.75.exe (i don't know if that's the right name...)

PPS: Thanx!!

-Kas

Kasuto is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 05:53 AM