Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > Serious Error
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Radiant
GoblinRunt

Exclamation

Myself and a few other friends of mine are having trouble with the RPG mod. When playing the game, it crashes, at what appear to be random times. Sometimes its when Your character or a creature dies, sometimes its entering/leaving Towns/dungeons. There does not appear to be any pattern to it. I've Reinstalled RPG and updates it, i also re-downloaded RPG to make sure i did not have a corrupted version. Please help , i LOVE the mod but this is a serious probolem. The only pattern i noticed is that it Crashes roughly 5 minuites into the game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Radiant is offline Old Post 03-31-2001 10:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Radiant Click here to Send Radiant a Private Message Click Here to Email Radiant Find more posts by Radiant Add Radiant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

What kind of system/connection are you on?

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-01-2001 05:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

5 min

heard this before!
are you running win2k if you are you have to run in software... (atleast what i have heard)

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-02-2001 03:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ugoslow
ZombieThrasher

and are you by chance running an old version of commiechat?

"Bring me the Sampo!!!!!!!!!"-Ügð§lð¥¥

Watch the Uber jam!

ugoslow is offline Old Post 04-02-2001 05:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ugoslow Click here to Send ugoslow a Private Message Click Here to Email ugoslow Visit ugoslow's homepage! Find more posts by ugoslow Add ugoslow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radiant
GoblinRunt

System Stats

500mhz PIII, 128 SD, 12.5 gig HD, Voodoo3 3k 16meg AGP.
Im on ADSL from PacBell, so i doubt its latency or bandwidth probolems.

Im Running Windows 98 SE, and Glide rendering when im playing tribes.

Last edited by Radiant on 04-03-2001 at 01:23 PM

Radiant is offline Old Post 04-03-2001 01:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Radiant Click here to Send Radiant a Private Message Click Here to Email Radiant Find more posts by Radiant Add Radiant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radiant
GoblinRunt

Also...

Im not running ANY Scripts, just to be safe. Unless i need one? if so, be gentile with my self esteem

Radiant is offline Old Post 04-03-2001 01:22 PM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i seem to crash unexpectedly every 25 minutes or so. tribes just closes and my charectar lags out a minute or so later. ive watched the server thru gamespy or soemthing like that.

i run
opengl tnt2 32meg video
800mhz
win98 - i know that sux0rs
128 ram - i know that sux0rs

still no reason for tribes to just close up on me.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 04-03-2001 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marmot3k
GoblinRunt

Unhappy Problems

Yeah I Have The Same Problems Like Most People Tribes Just Crashs For No Reason And I Have Everything Updated But It Still Seems To Crash

marmot3k is offline Old Post 04-05-2001 03:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marmot3k Click here to Send marmot3k a Private Message Click Here to Email marmot3k Find more posts by marmot3k Add marmot3k to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radiant
GoblinRunt

Anyone?

Anyone wanna give us advice or something, PLEASE? I.. uh beggeth thine godlike ass, as well as kiss it if thou can figureth out how to fixeth my Tribeths RPGeths.

Last edited by Radiant on 04-06-2001 at 01:57 PM

Radiant is offline Old Post 04-05-2001 09:09 AM
Radiant
GoblinRunt

Question HELLO?!

Anyone? Please? Wanna Play... Please?

Radiant is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 08:49 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Something might be wrong with your 3d accelleration cards or your glide configurations. Id check those. Also make sure your windows settings are correct. (I have no idea where yours are at). also dont run 3 things at once it causes problems sometimes like using a script attacking and typing at the same time. It may seem to be happening randomly but what did you last press or run when it booted you.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 03:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radiant
GoblinRunt

Question Hmmmmm

Well, i got sick of it all and reformatted, now it works, but i'de hope there was a soloution easier than that, but i was running Glide at 1024, wth Directx8.0 on a voodoo3 3k with the latest drivers, 1.08 i believe.

Radiant is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 10:08 PM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

I used to get 'Commie-crashes' but otherwise im fine...

my system is similar to yours radiant... so i dont know.

Rumble is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eSavior
OgreRuffian

I had a problem at one point with a 1000mhz GeForce 2 annialator (sp?) on a cable modem. When I entered a rpg game (ocationaly) the game would freeze. The odd thing was when I entered a tribes game it wouldnt freeze... oh well I just went on another on of my computers and played but it still pissed me off! grr

eSavior is offline Old Post 06-10-2001 01:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eSavior Click here to Send eSavior a Private Message Click Here to Email eSavior Visit eSavior's homepage! Find more posts by eSavior Add eSavior to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote