Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > Help!!!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jagz2001
GoblinRunt

Angry

I've downloaded the full version and patches in order, but don't know how to get into a server, or make my character. I made the tribes shortcut end with the -mod rpg, but all that does is make my curser a sword and shield. I also put a password in the "Other Info" option when setting up my character. Then what?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jagz2001 is offline Old Post 06-05-2001 11:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jagz2001 Click here to Send jagz2001 a Private Message Click Here to Email jagz2001 Find more posts by jagz2001 Add jagz2001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

then click join server as you would to play any game of tribes. then after the refresh all is complete click on server types column heading to sort it alphabetically by server type. scroll down to the R's not hard to find with the eight hundred Renegade servers, and there should be about 10 servers that say RPG as their mod. double click one to ping it again, and then click join game.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-05-2001 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jagz2001
GoblinRunt

i did that, now it loads, but now it says "cannot find file missions/rpgbutch.ted" i have the map, but it still says that. help!!!!!

jagz2001 is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jagz2001 Click here to Send jagz2001 a Private Message Click Here to Email jagz2001 Find more posts by jagz2001 Add jagz2001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dannis
GoblinRunt

help

yes i d/led and unzipped.........now what??????

Dannis is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 12:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dannis Click here to Send Dannis a Private Message Find more posts by Dannis Add Dannis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

look in tribes\rpg\MISSIONS
if it has rpgmap5.mis and rpgmap5.vol then you have the map installed, else unzip the patches into there too, cuz your unzipper didnt work right.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Quatsch72
GoblinRunt

Talking

Im having the same trouble as these guys. I have 3 rpgbutch files dsc mis and vol but for some reason it says its not the same as all the servers. i checked the version im using 4.945 so thats all set and when im in tribes my icons are a sheild and sword but i cant join any servers cause of that butch file. allthough for some reason it did work on one single server last night (i cant remember the name of it and ive tried all the servers online now) and its a cool game, except i was the only person in the server bashin goblins.

Quatsch72 is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Quatsch72 Click here to Send Quatsch72 a Private Message Click Here to Email Quatsch72 Find more posts by Quatsch72 Add Quatsch72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

what server is giving you the problems?

if the map files are in your missions directory and you get a butch error then it generally means the server is running a version of the map different from yours. BUT if you know you have the 4.495 then the server must be the one at fault. this is strange however, as trpg has not updated in quite a while and its unlikely that any servers are not running 4.495

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 02:35 AM
Quatsch72
GoblinRunt

i wish i knew what server i was playing on last night (im up to lvl 10) but i just tried reinstalling everything and i still have the same problem. except that i do not have an rpgbutch5.dtf file. i have a couple butch5's but they are dtf files. i hope i can get this workin i wanna go gnoll bashin.

Quatsch72 is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 02:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Quatsch72 Click here to Send Quatsch72 a Private Message Click Here to Email Quatsch72 Find more posts by Quatsch72 Add Quatsch72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Quatsch72
GoblinRunt

and im pretty positive im using 4.495 cuz the version.cs file declares it so.

Quatsch72 is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 02:50 AM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

the butch.dtf is kept inside the rpgmap5.vol a VOLume file is a primitive tribes zip file, so you couldnt see if you had the right dtf anyway.

have someoen send you all the rpgmap5 files and rpgbutch5.ted (is it ted?) and put them into your rpg\missions or try extracting the latest zip into your rpg\missions directory.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 09:05 PM
john
ZombieThrasher

ICQ#115504250 and or E-mail at jsteed5@hotmail.com i have the fix for Rpgbutch5.

john is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 06:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for john Click here to Send john a Private Message Click Here to Email john Find more posts by john Add john to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dragnor
GoblinRunt

I've tried what u guys said but it works but then I get a new error...

"Incorrect Building File: YOL2.0.DIS."

dragnor is offline Old Post 06-14-2001 07:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dragnor Click here to Send dragnor a Private Message Click Here to Email dragnor Visit dragnor's homepage! Find more posts by dragnor Add dragnor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

new yolanda.. wtf? that seems like your update patch didnt go intot he right place. make sure you hae both update patches and have them in the right folders

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-14-2001 06:33 PM
dragnor
GoblinRunt

damn... well anyways I updated both times hell I dont even have the file in my update nor directory anyways Jeremy Irons if your reading this it may be the Updates or that you need a new update cause I've scanned my computer 8 times for the file... and nothing so Jeremy if you happen to be playing just fine then zip me your intire directory or something man cause this is pissen me off and Tribes is getten boring... and I need a mod to save it and I belive the RPG mod is the key anyways if you have any idea's put em on the post or if you got an update or something EMAIL me at jhunter8202@home.com oh and hey I got the RPGbutch file fixed

what I'm guessing is that when you gave out the updates someone tinkerd with em or something...

dragnor is offline Old Post 06-14-2001 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dragnor Click here to Send dragnor a Private Message Click Here to Email dragnor Visit dragnor's homepage! Find more posts by dragnor Add dragnor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FlyByNight
GoblinRaider

dude they are the same updates everyone else is using its not as if JI is sabatoging it or anything.....

are you unzipping the updates to the tribes/rpg folder? that could be the problem make sure you are sending it there and not to like some c:unzipped directory

FlyByNight is offline Old Post 06-14-2001 09:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FlyByNight Click here to Send FlyByNight a Private Message Find more posts by FlyByNight Add FlyByNight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote