Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > RPG MOD times out
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Silver-Ghost
GoblinRunt

Question

For some odd reason whenever I try to join a RPG server no matter what one it is it always times out after it's supose to connect. I know its not my computer because I can join any normal game perfectly fine with no problem at all.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Silver-Ghost is offline Old Post 04-27-2001 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Silver-Ghost Click here to Send Silver-Ghost a Private Message Click Here to Email Silver-Ghost Find more posts by Silver-Ghost Add Silver-Ghost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Silver-Ghost
GoblinRunt

Unhappy

Ok, well I'll give it a try, never had a problrm like this before and I'm normaly running ICQ, AIM, Napster and occationaly Yahoo mesanger and I don't have problems on my 56K connection unless I'm playing a high requirment game.

Silver-Ghost is offline Old Post 04-27-2001 02:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Silver-Ghost Click here to Send Silver-Ghost a Private Message Click Here to Email Silver-Ghost Find more posts by Silver-Ghost Add Silver-Ghost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Thou hast stolen my name! Down with ye!

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 04-27-2001 03:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobeus
GoblinRunt

Odd, when i Play trpg with AIM, ICQ, and WINAMP up and running it works fine with me... i have a 56k too.

Bobeus is offline Old Post 04-28-2001 12:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bobeus Click here to Send Bobeus a Private Message Visit Bobeus's homepage! Find more posts by Bobeus Add Bobeus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

WINAMP is not the same as Napster....I typically play with WinAmp, TRPG, ICQ, AIM, and whatever else Im playing with, but then I have 256 megs.

The reason you don't want napster on is that some jackhole will try to upload from you while you are playing and you'll lag a LOT. Belive me, I've had it happen 'cause I forgot to turn it off...

Reason? Not enough bandwidth on net connection.

Silver, try killing ALL open programs before you try TRPG.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-06-2001 06:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Silnt1
GoblinRunt

Question

just out of curiousity (and since i can't run trpg either) wut R the requirements for TRPG?

Silnt1 is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Silnt1 Click here to Send Silnt1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Silnt1 Find more posts by Silnt1 Add Silnt1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seerr
GoblinRunt

Unhappy I time out as well with no other programs running

I have NO other programs running when im playing tribes, no music players, no netscape or napster, nothing. When I join a RPG server it will join like normal, then when you think its gonna switch to the ingame from the "Get Ready to Rock N Roll" screen it loads up some more witch should be normal becuase of the size of this mod, but then theres a period of no activity and I believe thats when it Times Out. When I use the console I can see easily that I actually did join the server, I could see people typing in game from the console, yet I Timed Out.. Does anyone know of a way to increase the time out time?

Seerr is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 03:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Seerr Find more posts by Seerr Add Seerr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InsanEWarriorr
GnollShaman

I dunno bout you but alll i have open while i play TRPG is Windows Explorer and i have 192meg Ram... i used to timeout ALOT but now it doesnt really happen, well never now. i think in NewOpts ( script ) you can modify the timeout time for loading.

DarKFreelanceR
Race: DarkElf
Class: Paladin / Centurian
Level: 104
Remort: 2
Coins: 100k
Currently Kickin Ass
-----------------------
to Newbies!
to 133t s!

InsanEWarriorr is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 12:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for InsanEWarriorr Click here to Send InsanEWarriorr a Private Message Click Here to Email InsanEWarriorr Find more posts by InsanEWarriorr Add InsanEWarriorr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Silnt1
GoblinRunt

Unhappy same problem

hey Seerr, i have the same problem as u. that exact same thing happens to me each time i try to join a trpg game. when i set up my own server, it even shows me getting booted in the ms-dos window. i've got a 64 mb ram, i think... not sure.

hey InsanEWarriorr, where is NewOpts located? maybe it can fix my problems.

Silnt1 is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Silnt1 Click here to Send Silnt1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Silnt1 Find more posts by Silnt1 Add Silnt1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Silnt1
GoblinRunt

Question cable ain't good enough for ya?

i've got cable, or should i change to sympatico or something?

man i really wanna play TRPG!

Silnt1 is offline Old Post 05-30-2001 10:25 PM