Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > rpgbutch
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Budranger
GoblinRunt

Exclamation

What the heck is up with this stupid rpgbutch5.dtf file, I've reinstalled everything like 4 times now, and it's still givin me that error, someone plz help.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Budranger is offline Old Post 05-29-2001 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Budranger Click here to Send Budranger a Private Message Click Here to Email Budranger Find more posts by Budranger Add Budranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Budranger
GoblinRunt

thnx, every server I've tried said that but I'll try again, and I'm sure I have the latest

Budranger is offline Old Post 05-29-2001 03:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Budranger Click here to Send Budranger a Private Message Click Here to Email Budranger Find more posts by Budranger Add Budranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Budranger
GoblinRunt

Exclamation

It's still not working, I've tried every server, still won't work

Budranger is offline Old Post 05-29-2001 04:16 AM
Maximus(!)
GoblinRunt

Angry crock

i'm having the SAME problem, only I know that I have version 4.945 and the server does aswell I've even reinstalled to version 4.94 to match another server..
Still not working. I've done everything I can think of and
I'm almost to the point of saying SCREW IT.

Maximus(!) is offline Old Post 05-29-2001 09:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Maximus(!) Click here to Send Maximus(!) a Private Message Click Here to Email Maximus(!) Visit Maximus(!)'s homepage! Find more posts by Maximus(!) Add Maximus(!) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maximus(!)
GoblinRunt

Thumbs down I have

I redownloaded both updates over and I'll be damned if I'm gonna download the 35 meg base file again just to have it say the same thing. I've come t expect things like this from tribes, thats one reason why I don't have tribes 2 and would rather play blizzard games.

www.Blizard.com the best game company EVER!

Maximus(!) is offline Old Post 05-30-2001 06:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Maximus(!) Click here to Send Maximus(!) a Private Message Click Here to Email Maximus(!) Visit Maximus(!)'s homepage! Find more posts by Maximus(!) Add Maximus(!) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john
ZombieThrasher

ICQ#115504250 and or E-mail at jsteed5@hotmail.com i have the fix for Rpgbutch5.

john is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 06:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for john Click here to Send john a Private Message Click Here to Email john Find more posts by john Add john to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dragnor
GoblinRunt

I've tried what u guys said but it works but then I get a new error...

"Incorrect Building File: YOL2.0.DIS."

dragnor is offline Old Post 06-14-2001 07:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dragnor Click here to Send dragnor a Private Message Click Here to Email dragnor Visit dragnor's homepage! Find more posts by dragnor Add dragnor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Omnicide
GoblinRunt

Exclamation

can't any one tell us how to get it to work reinstalling doesn't fix it iv'e reistalled it about 5 times and the updates in the right order so tell us how to fix it

Omnicide is offline Old Post 06-23-2001 03:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Omnicide Click here to Send Omnicide a Private Message Click Here to Email Omnicide Find more posts by Omnicide Add Omnicide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

im sorry if people dont like to help you out, youre just the eight millionth newbie to fckup the installation.

okay install tribes
update to 1.11
download all three files if you already have dont bother
backup these files so you dont ahve to DL again
now run rpgmod.exe
tell it your tribes directory, and if it prompts a \rpg LEAVE THAT
so it should now have c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg with lots and lots of files and a c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg\missions
with a few files and c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg\skins with a few files in it too.

okay? good.

now unzip 4.94 into c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg WITH SUBDIRECTORIES
if you cant get winzip or whatever to preserve the subdirectories int he zip then your \missions and \skins files wont be installed right.

just to be safe and waste 3 meg of harddrive space unsip it into the missions and skins directory for the hell of it.

okay? good.

now unzip 4.945 into c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg WITH SUBDIRECTORIES
if you cant get winzip or whatever to preserve the subdirectories int he zip then your \missions and \skins files wont be installed right.

just to be safe and waste 3 meg of harddrive space unsip it into the missions and skins directory for the hell of it.

====================

most of the problems occur when newbies cant ****ing work their own winzip and get the model files or map files into their \rpg and \missions directories respectively.

^^^^^^^^^

remember this and tell it to the next dumb newbie.

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-23-2001 11:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Omnicide
GoblinRunt

i know how to use..

i know how to use winzip and i did all of that but it still won't work

Omnicide is offline Old Post 06-23-2001 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Omnicide Click here to Send Omnicide a Private Message Click Here to Email Omnicide Find more posts by Omnicide Add Omnicide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Relkin
OrcRavager

quote:
Originally posted by Zelgadis
im sorry if people dont like to help you out, youre just the eight millionth newbie to fckup the installation.

okay install tribes
update to 1.11
download all three files if you already have dont bother
backup these files so you dont ahve to DL again
now run rpgmod.exe
tell it your tribes directory, and if it prompts a \rpg LEAVE THAT
so it should now have c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg with lots and lots of files and a c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg\missions
with a few files and c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg\skins with a few files in it too.

okay? good.

now unzip 4.94 into c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg WITH SUBDIRECTORIES

okay? good.

now unzip 4.945 into c:\dynamix\tribes\rpg WITH SUBDIRECTORIES

====================

most of the problems occur when newbies cant ****ing work their own winzip and get the model files or map files into their \rpg and \missions directories respectively.

^^^^^^^^^

remember this and tell it to the next dumb newbie.

after reading your post. I repeated exactly what I had done 5 times before. But, there's a surprise ending

IT DIDN'T WORK

Relkin is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 08:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Relkin Click here to Send Relkin a Private Message Click Here to Email Relkin Find more posts by Relkin Add Relkin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkstar
GoblinRunt

hey is a mintour not a centaur i have that same problem with the damn rpgbutch5.dtf. error and all i get from the helpers is **** that i have tried that don't work

darkstar is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for darkstar Click here to Send darkstar a Private Message Click Here to Email darkstar Find more posts by darkstar Add darkstar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McGohansj
GoblinRunt

Angry This is NOT their fault!

McGohansj is offline Old Post 07-06-2001 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for McGohansj Click here to Send McGohansj a Private Message Click Here to Email McGohansj Find more posts by McGohansj Add McGohansj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
McGohansj
GoblinRunt

Angry Follow Up

I am sick of you so called "vets" here complaining about how people mess up the installer and that is what creates the problem. IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. You would have to actually TRY and mess up the installer if you could. This is not their fault it has nothing to do with how they install it, it is a problem with the coding or the mod and the files that the installer has. So you should be complaining to the coders and not those who simply download it. And btw your using older versions of the mod so there is your reason why you aren't finding any of these problems, but the people who are new and download the newest version are finding these problems because the programmers of this mod messed up with the installer and coding for it. This has happened to me on almost every single server as well except for one which is Knight's 2000 server or something. So stop *****ing and saying it is the newbie's fault, blame it on the creaters of the mod. They should take more time and be sure to check and polish up anything they release before the public gets it.

Btw Cloud, your pretty arrogant and ignorant to just say "You dip****, I made an installer and it fixes this." Well buddy your little installer won't even download in the first place! The damn webpage is forbidden. So how bout you stop saying you have a "cure-all" solution when the people can't even get it in the first place. And John stop telling people to email you and just post the damn file or solution on the board!

McGohansj is offline Old Post 07-06-2001 07:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for McGohansj Click here to Send McGohansj a Private Message Click Here to Email McGohansj Find more posts by McGohansj Add McGohansj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Omnicide
GoblinRunt

i know it

i know what i was doing wrong here's how you fix the problem: after you installed all the updates and everything goto the rpg folder then click on something and press r untill you find a file called rpgmap.MIS. if its allready there overwright it and if it still won't work reply

Omnicide is offline Old Post 07-06-2001 07:28 PM
darkstar
GoblinRunt

okay bud what are you talking about ? overwrite it with the map included in the update? i have v. 4.991 and i still get this damn rpgbutch5.dtf. fck up! i dunno waht it is either

darkstar is offline Old Post 07-07-2001 12:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for darkstar Click here to Send darkstar a Private Message Click Here to Email darkstar Find more posts by darkstar Add darkstar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord-Blade
GoblinThief

this is what my friend told me to do and it worked try reinstalling the dls in the order you dled them

Lord-Blade is offline Old Post 07-07-2001 03:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lord-Blade Click here to Send Lord-Blade a Private Message Click Here to Email Lord-Blade Find more posts by Lord-Blade Add Lord-Blade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote