Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > Connection to server error:
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AlpineIce
GoblinRunt

Angry Connection to server error:

Whenever I try to connect to a server running RPGmap5, an error message comes up after the loading bar is finished saying:

Connection to server error:
You don't have a custom volume file (or mission) needed for this server. Check the server for a possible download site. Missing volume: jlaby.vol

I downloaded update 4.991 and installed all the files from the winzip folder into their correct positions (or so I believe) by overwriting other files with the same name. (RPGmap5.mis in missions folder, and version.cs+scripts.vol in the RPG folder.

I don't know what to do now. Need help.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AlpineIce is offline Old Post 07-07-2001 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AlpineIce Click here to Send AlpineIce a Private Message Click Here to Email AlpineIce Find more posts by AlpineIce Add AlpineIce to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlpineIce
GoblinRunt

I figured it out. For those of you who might endup having the same problem, download official base version 4.987, delete old RPG folder (very old version), and replace it with 4.987. Then download new update(s).

AlpineIce is offline Old Post 07-08-2001 06:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AlpineIce Click here to Send AlpineIce a Private Message Click Here to Email AlpineIce Find more posts by AlpineIce Add AlpineIce to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlpineIce
GoblinRunt

I just finished updating the official base version (4.987) with 4.991. I tried to connect to a server with RPGmap5 and that's when an error message came up with the missing RPGbutch.dtf file. I tried to connect to a RPGmap1 server too (this was all I could play before I downloaded 4.987) but it ended up with the same message. I believe there is somthing that doesn't connect with the old base version and the new base version (this is only a guess). If you had the same problem with the missing volume jlaby.vol, I warn you that if you replace your old base version with the new official base version, you will probably end up with the same problem as me.

AlpineIce is offline Old Post 07-08-2001 10:32 PM