Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > Help...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Arsenic
GnollScavenger

Okay, here is the time line.

Insert Tribes CD.
Install Tribes.
Download Tribes patch 1.11.
Download Tribes RPG base.
Install in Tribes/RPG.
Download Tribes RPG 4.9.
Drag all the files in the Winzip to replace the files in RPG.
Download Tribes RPG 4.95.
Drag and drop, overwrite all like before.
Run Tribes
Create character, put a password in other info.
Go to screen with list of servers.
Join a RPG server.

Then it starts loading (In the regular Tribes screen, and when I ran tribes it had all the regular tribes sounds.). When finished loading it kicks me out of the server saying something like my rpgmap5.dtf is not the same as the one on the server. Please check the site for changes or something.

All of a sudden, the Tribes RPG sounds are heard when I click on the buttons. If I go back to the character screen, I see skins for Tribes RPG. When I join the server again, the background is the Tribes RPG background. It kicks me out and gives me the same error message.

I have the latest version of Tribes RPG, 4.95 (I think). My computer is new, 128 mb sdram, 40 gigs, 1.2 gigahertz, and a 32 mb graphics accel.

In the older days of Tribes rpg, we'd have to run tribes with a special command. Like c:/tribes/tribes.exe ~rpg or something similar to that.

My Tribes is installed on my E: drive. E:\tribes\RPG would be the name for accessing the tribes rpg folder.

What's the deal? There should be an .exe file for tribes rpg, so I can start the game IN the rpg mode. Then maybe it would work.

Is there something someone left out of the newbie guide? All the documentation has no information about starting tribes and entering a server. It basically says: Download, download updates, create character with password, join a server.

Pretty vague. I used to play Tribes RPG a while back but then it became too much for my slower computer to handle, now with this new computer, I can't even run the friggen game.

Any ideas?

Btw... I'm on a Windows 2000 OS (With the second update) with Direct X 8.0a. I doubt that should affect anything, but it might.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Arsenic is offline Old Post 05-25-2001 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arsenic Click here to Send Arsenic a Private Message Click Here to Email Arsenic Visit Arsenic's homepage! Find more posts by Arsenic Add Arsenic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arsenic
GnollScavenger

Thanks, I needed to know the -mod rpg thing. That is probably what is bugging my system, I'll test it out and get back to this if it doesn't work. If it does, then problem is fixed.

Arsenic is offline Old Post 05-25-2001 10:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arsenic Click here to Send Arsenic a Private Message Click Here to Email Arsenic Visit Arsenic's homepage! Find more posts by Arsenic Add Arsenic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arsenic
GnollScavenger

Yeah..

But moving the updated mission files to the mission folder helped.

I just didn't feel like posting twice.

Arsenic is offline Old Post 05-26-2001 12:13 PM
Relkin
OrcRavager

I did everything on that list above and modified the executable, but I still keep getting the rpgmap5butch.dtf error. What's going wrong I have read all your previous posts on the subject but it still doesn't work

Relkin is offline Old Post 06-21-2001 05:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Relkin Click here to Send Relkin a Private Message Click Here to Email Relkin Find more posts by Relkin Add Relkin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

look int he publc forum for the rpgbutch fix threadi

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-21-2001 06:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote