Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > cannot join my own server :(
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

cannot join my own server :(

can you guys help me

i host a server and then load up tribes(with -mod rpg) and i go to join game and it comes up with my Server i start to connect and i get to "Get Ready To Rock And Roll" and it doesn't do anything after that!

i have tried different things to see if it works but still the same thing?

I take out most of my tribes Scripts
load up tribes with -mod rpg
load up tribes normally

Put STILL doesn't work?

anyone got any idea of what is happen?

Thanks Coca-Bear

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 09:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Coca_Bear Click here to Send Coca_Bear a Private Message Visit Coca_Bear's homepage! Find more posts by Coca_Bear Add Coca_Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

look up[ dedicated on dictionary.com

then run your server NON DED.

edit: no offense but seriously you ran out of memory trying to run tribes twice.

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 07:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

quote:
Originally posted by Zelgadis
look up[ dedicated on dictionary.com

then run your server NON DED.

edit: no offense but seriously you ran out of memory trying to run tribes twice.

i run the server through the rpgserv.exe in the rpg folder!

should i run the following line as my rpg server:

x:\Tribes\InfiniteSpawn.exe *tribes -mod rpg +exec serverConfig.cs -dedicated

but when i try this it keeps reseting it's self?

do you know why this is?

BTW: Zel i dont run tribes twice i was explaining what i tried! i started the server one with -mod rpg it didn't work so i closed it down and then loaded tribes normal.

thanks for your help Zel

Coca-Bear

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 02:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Coca_Bear Click here to Send Coca_Bear a Private Message Visit Coca_Bear's homepage! Find more posts by Coca_Bear Add Coca_Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigJay2K
OgreDreadnought

I have the same problem hosting an RPG game Deticated or not. I get to the "Get Ready to Rock and Roll" and then nothing happens.....I can move my mouse though so i have to click go back....any ideas? I cant even join my server if I host a deticated one and then go through my bros comp.....

BigJay2K is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 04:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BigJay2K Click here to Send BigJay2K a Private Message Click Here to Email BigJay2K Find more posts by BigJay2K Add BigJay2K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Heh, my problem is even weirder. I can run a dedicated server fine, no problems. I can even run a non-dedicated server. However, if I do, I cannot log into admin. Yes, I know I set the pws correctly, because others can log into admin. Just not me.

So, I run it dedicated, and I run a seperate client. I like having 256 megs, as I wouldn't be able to do it with less, but I know it's not the most efficient setup, lag-wise.

Any clues?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 04:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CyborgNinja
GoblinRunt

Angry Help!

Ok I downloaded the RPG mod from THIS server.
It took 2 hours and after that i was bored so im all siked up about playing and i go to host my own server. I cant find any damn RPG maps and when ever i try to go onto other servers it says im missing an RPG Map 5 file and im just wandering why dont i have it and where can i get it Please help me!!!!!

CyborgNinja is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 09:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CyborgNinja Click here to Send CyborgNinja a Private Message Click Here to Email CyborgNinja Find more posts by CyborgNinja Add CyborgNinja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

For CyberBorg

I re-compiled the installers for the two latest versions of Tribes RPG:

For Version 4.945 (Full Verion):
http://www.deepspacefleet.com/TRPG945.MSI

For the Latest and Final Version 4.987 (Full Version):
http://www.deepspacefleet.com/TRPG4987.MSI

Extract only one OR the other.

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i think cyborgninja forgot to start in -mod rpg when hosting, thats when you cant find the map.........

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

ok that answered his question...what about mine? you got any ideas Zel? i have tried the lot and i wanna host my own server cause i wanna have a go at coding. e.g classes,spells,zones etc etc.

i really need some help here

Thanks Coca-Bear

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 06-26-2001 01:10 PM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

it always gets stuck on either item loading, which means you need lots of memory, or it gets stuck on flushing texture cache() and ihave no idea what that means but it sounds like the terrain rendering, so yon migh ttry setting the graphics level all to hell.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-26-2001 01:30 PM
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

i dont thinks it memory cause i've got 256RAM! hhhm i dont really know..this is SO pissing me off... i really wanna try and learn how to code rpg stuff but i can't :(

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 06-26-2001 01:43 PM