Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > RPG Timeouts
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Goury
GoblinRunt

Unhappy

Every time I try to connect to a Tribes RPG game, it loads up normally, but then when it says "Get ready to rock n' roll!" it loads for a very long time (understandable due to the mod size), then it goes back the server selection screen and says it has timed out. It does this every single time, even when I'm trying to log onto a green light server, even my OWN server. Please help!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Goury is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 04:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Goury Click here to Send Goury a Private Message Find more posts by Goury Add Goury to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

you dont have enough memory.

if you have less than 64MB buy more, else try to close every program you can or run tribes on a fresh boot.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Silnt1
GoblinRunt

Unhappy same thing happens to me

i've been having the same problem. i've got a 64 mb ram and i tried closing everything and running only tribes but it still didn't work. right now i don't know wut to do ( ) and i really wanna play TRPG (it looks cool) so if u or anyone can help me i'd really appreciate it.

Silnt1 is offline Old Post 06-26-2001 05:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Silnt1 Click here to Send Silnt1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Silnt1 Find more posts by Silnt1 Add Silnt1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

unfortunately the only solution so far is more RAM... 64 just doesn't cut it =(

128 will do

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-26-2001 02:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

JI i have the same problem as Goury and i have 256RAM and i can't figure it out?

it just stays on "get ready to rock and roll" but doesn't do anything from then onwards?

Thanks Coca-Bear

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 06-26-2001 03:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Coca_Bear Click here to Send Coca_Bear a Private Message Visit Coca_Bear's homepage! Find more posts by Coca_Bear Add Coca_Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

Try this

Go into your options on the tribes menu, go to graphics. set all the graphic sliders to low. see if you connect. if you do, try raising them back again. if you don't ........... get more ram

Also, depending on your video card, running opengl or glide would not be good. try throwing Tribes into software mode

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 06-26-2001 06:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

hmmm will try those ideas cloud and get back to ya if they work.

Coca-Bear

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 10:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Coca_Bear Click here to Send Coca_Bear a Private Message Visit Coca_Bear's homepage! Find more posts by Coca_Bear Add Coca_Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote