Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > Tribes, Win2K and Geforce2 GTS w/ OpenGL
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BigJay2K
OgreDreadnought

Tribes, Win2K and Geforce2 GTS w/ OpenGL

Dunno how many of you have the same setup that i do, but if you do please tell me what version drivers you have for you vid card and if you get the same error i do when running OpenGL in tribes.

Every time i run tribes in OpenGL mode in Win2K, after a short while i get a BSOD (ugh!) and a strange error message that basically tells me there was a UE in the nv4_????.dll file. Then shortly after my comp-u-mator automatically restarts...

I am running the newest version of Win2K, Tribes, and have an ASUS v7700 with Reference vs. 12.41 Detonator Drivers from Nvidia. On an Athlon 1Ghz with 256mb ram.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BigJay2K is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 04:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BigJay2K Click here to Send BigJay2K a Private Message Click Here to Email BigJay2K Find more posts by BigJay2K Add BigJay2K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alaric
Webmaster

Wow, we have almost the exact same setup.

I'm running Win2kPro
GEForce2 GTS (64)
Athlon 1.33ghz
256 RAM
Tribes2

I have not experienced any problems since I found a driver that worked. It was a pain getting to a working state though.

I am running SP2 of Win2K but it worked in SP1. The info page on my card has the following:

BIOS Version: 3.15.00.12
Version of all drivers: 5.13.01.1210

I did find that setting my BIOS to allow AGP to use the highest amount of mem helped a ton.

While I have the tweak, I found that I couldn't overclock it w/o stability problems. not even a small amount.

In the T2 settings, I have all graphics and video settings cranked as high as they go.

I really don't remember where I found the drivers. I'm not running an else boad but the elsa logo is plastered all over my display settings dialogues.

I still have the drivers. They are about 2.5 meg and I'll email them to you if you want.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Alaric is offline Old Post 07-01-2001 07:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alaric Click here to Send Alaric a Private Message Click Here to Email Alaric Visit Alaric's homepage! Find more posts by Alaric Add Alaric to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote