Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > DuelWielding
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BowntyHunta
GoblinWizard

DuelWielding

Is it possible to script a way to use 2 weapons at the same time? If so could you explain it to me?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BowntyHunta is offline Old Post 07-23-2001 03:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BowntyHunta Click here to Send BowntyHunta a Private Message Click Here to Email BowntyHunta Visit BowntyHunta's homepage! Find more posts by BowntyHunta Add BowntyHunta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PlatinumGus
GoblinRunt

I have an idea that may work, but I have to look at my files. I'll try it and if it works I'll post what I did.

PlatinumGus is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 07:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PlatinumGus Click here to Send PlatinumGus a Private Message Find more posts by PlatinumGus Add PlatinumGus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zer0
GoblinRunt

YAY!

sounds cool. thanx

Zer0 is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 06:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zer0 Click here to Send Zer0 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zer0 Find more posts by Zer0 Add Zer0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PlatinumGus
GoblinRunt

Soory, no go.

Well, I gave up on dual wielding. There are too many matters of personal reference involved, and some things that boggle me.
For one, key binding would be odd, since you would want different keys for each weapon since most weapons would have different fire rates.
You can mount a weapon on the left of the body, but I didn't even try to make the swing animation. I think it can be done.
Then, there's equipping each weapon. That's the section that really caused me to give it up. I'm clueless here.
You would also need weight and possibly class restrictions for the secondary weapon. You might want to make a new flag for the secondary and create completely new weapons, only for offhand use.

I posted all this info mainly so that if someone else wants to give it a try, maybe something I said will make a shred of sense and be halfway right.

PlatinumGus is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 06:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PlatinumGus Click here to Send PlatinumGus a Private Message Find more posts by PlatinumGus Add PlatinumGus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote