Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > System Requirements of Tribes RPG
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Fina
GoblinRunt

Question

What is the system requirements for Tribes RPG?

I have heard that it requires a large amount of RAM to play. I would just like to know what the requirements are. My computer runs Tribes fine, but this mod will not work.

Incase you were wondering, my system is...

Cyrix MII 333
92Mb RAM
Voodoo3 2000 PCI
6.4Gb HD

I know it is not the best, I would just like to play.

Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fina is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 07:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fina Click here to Send Fina a Private Message Visit Fina's homepage! Find more posts by Fina Add Fina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

youll need a fast telephone line or better to connect, normal phone lines are rather hard to get in to a server with, though it is possible. and 92meg ram is pushing the lower barrier, try joining on a clean boot or closing icq and aim before attempting to connect.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fina
GoblinRunt

I am using a very fast Cable modem and have tried it with no other programs running. I will try tweaking some stuff and try it again though.

Fina is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 10:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fina Click here to Send Fina a Private Message Visit Fina's homepage! Find more posts by Fina Add Fina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dray
OgreDreadnought

Bah, i'm on a 56k modem with a measly 26.4k connect (I really hate this) and I'm fine, I have yet to time out on a server (unless it goes down) and I have a 200-300 ping average (some servers around 120-180)

=/

But Fina, how much space do you have left? If your stuff to the brim, you might not have enough cache.etc to run it.

Dray is offline Old Post 06-08-2001 04:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dray Click here to Send Dray a Private Message Find more posts by Dray Add Dray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fina
GoblinRunt

I tried it again and I shut down the 3dfx manager and my sound mixer and it worked. I have like 250Mb space, I am geting ready to backup some stuff and do a reformat to get back space.

Thanks for your guys help!

Fina is offline Old Post 06-10-2001 02:14 AM
Tinari
GoblinRunt

I figured I would help you people out some, since you don't seem to understand how this thing works.

Ram is helpful, when you are in the game, and with loading, but the reason you CANNOT connect has NOTHING to do with your modem, people. I can't stress that enough.

It has to do with the SPEED of your hard drive, and your proccessor. I know that sounds stupid, but let me explain why.

When you computer is loading the final stages "Get Ready To Rock And Roll" your connection is put on hold. If it takes your computer too long to load the level and join, then your connection stays on hold so long, it eventually gets rejected.

All I can recommend is this.

Freshboot.
Defrag you system.
Run in low detail (once in the game, you can up it.)

If you are more advanced, then run MSConfig from the start/run menu, and turn off all the unneccisary programs. I won't explain how, becusae if you don't already know, you can tweak stuff bad.

Good luck.

Tinari is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 03:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tinari Click here to Send Tinari a Private Message Click Here to Email Tinari Find more posts by Tinari Add Tinari to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tinari
GoblinRunt

I also thought I could recommend one more thing. Running in Software mode shows a more drastic difference in certain area's. When I run in OpenGL at 640x480, looking at Keldrin makes my computer run at roughly 15 FPS.
When I run in software, and look at Keldrin town, I get about 3-5 FPS.
It might help the game's loading time, if when you started, you were looking straight up or down. I am not sure, but it's worth a shot to help people without 128MB or ram, or a 7200RPM HD.

Tinari

-PS. If all else fails.

Tinari is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tinari Click here to Send Tinari a Private Message Click Here to Email Tinari Find more posts by Tinari Add Tinari to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Its your RAM
When I had 64 RAM i can join a server but needed to re-start Tribes if i dropped or get dissconnected...I still have my voodoo3 2000(ack 2000! lol. 16mb vid card...)
I now have 128RAM and haven't timedout yet! =]

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tinari
GoblinRunt

Yes, it IS the ram, but in the case you don't have it, the next best thing is to optimize your hard drive. In games like this, here is what I consider most important.

1. Ram.
2. Harddrive.
3. Connection speed.
4. Video Card.

If you don't have the ram, then you can fall back on your hard drive, if it's fast/optimized. If you can't do that, then buy more ram.

Tinari is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 11:11 PM
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Tinari is completely correct

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-14-2001 04:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tinari
GoblinRunt

I have had nothing but a bad night. Lost my Phen's robe in a server crash. Admin was spawn lagging, by mistake.

But to have Jeremy Irons tell me I am correct, that just made my night better. ^.^

Pointless post? Yes.
But I wanted to say it. ^.^

Tinari is offline Old Post 06-17-2001 07:36 AM
Fina
GoblinRunt

Heh, well, with the price of RAM these days, it should not be that big of a problem to upgrade. ;)

Fina is offline Old Post 07-23-2001 08:42 AM
darkstar
GoblinRunt

system requirements

k i have read this thread and am gonna do some stuff! but when a 93 meg ram is "pushing the lower barrier" i am scared cuz i got a 64 meg ram card!

tell me if i am able to run it with these stats

2.7 gig hd 3300 rpm (phat 32)
333 intel celeron
64 megs or ram
vodoo 3 300/agp
umm if there is anyting else i need to say reply or email me
it should be on me profile

darkstar is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for darkstar Click here to Send darkstar a Private Message Click Here to Email darkstar Find more posts by darkstar Add darkstar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkstar
GoblinRunt

i know thats crappy but it lets me play my favorite games and thats all tha matters

darkstar is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 07:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for darkstar Click here to Send darkstar a Private Message Click Here to Email darkstar Find more posts by darkstar Add darkstar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote