Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Technical Support > How do you modify team settings?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Vandermillion
GoblinRunt

Question How do you modify team settings?

I've been working on RPG scripts for quite a while. I sometimes go around with the name EnYi. However, I still wish to learn one thing. What files need to be changed so I can make it such that I can make races and each race has it's unique class and is on different teams? When I made an Orc team, even the humans become orcs. When I made an Elf team, the whole frickin' world became elves. Now I ask for a little help for the higher powers. I've never ever learnt how to do this stuff, the only mod that I hosted for a while was the Avalon update server which has Commoners, which consist of Peddlers, Scavengers and Bard, Underworld, which consist of Thief, Bandit and Warlock, Scholarly, which consist of Initiate, Apprentice and Druid, Nobles, which consist of Corporal, Swordsman and BattleMage, and finally HighLanders, which consist of Ninja, Barbarian and Shaman. These are ALL human! I want a nice variety and tried so many times but all screw up. There's another problem I face. The more items I make, the more armors that appear in merchants for sell and can't be bought, you only lose the cash. I've made Arts so you can Verbally Abuse enemies (Finally Speech is a weapon), punching weapons (Punching skill), Musical instruments for the loser Bard (Music, is like a ranged weapon), and elements (For the fragile magic casters). However, skills are not the problem, items are mainly another problem. Now if I make anymore items, the Shaman's Mail can't be used. I've made a unique armor for each class so I could label the glitched armors that appear on sell "Out Of Stock" and with the price of 0 coins. Please help me anyone who knows how to script! -Vandermillion-

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Vandermillion is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 10:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vandermillion Click here to Send Vandermillion a Private Message Visit Vandermillion's homepage! Find more posts by Vandermillion Add Vandermillion to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

How many items do you have, total? YOu are probabably over the item limit.

Solution: kill some rusty weapons. Start with rdagger and rpick. change the petbot default loadout to a real dagger, and the raider loadout to pick instead of rpick. If needed, you can do the same to rbroadsword, rlongsword, and rdagger, but those are more commonly used, so they will affect more. Tacking out some cracked bow, such as the cracked light crossbow(rarely used), would also help. If you run outta rusties to remove, take out studdedleather armor...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 04:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote