Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > Divinity
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: This is my The Three Revealed thread. Of course, I only want the SL team and possibly DM posting in this story. This is a very complicated thread, so no one is posting until we have a little meeting, ok? Here goes!

IC:
Saere was shaken. The healers said it was going to pass in a couple days, but it had already been a couple weeks. She closed her eyes and immediately the image of Marius slumped cold and dead against the wall flashed into her mind. She opened her eyes and screamed, jerking upright. The paladin was in the room opposite to her and the old healer woman was in the room next to her. Neither of them stirred. They had been driven by lack of sleep for the past week, and Saere's trauma had not been forgiving to them.
Saere heard a taunting voice chanting in her mind It's all my fault, all my fault, all my fault, all MY FAULT! Each repetition was a sore blow and her body began to tense up into another scream. She frantically tried to squelch the voice but it continued. The events of her capture washed in front of her like a whirlwind. The horn blowing that caused it, the goblins ripping at her, being lowered into that dark shaft, the fighting.. She scrunched her eyes and prayed.

Then she remembered. The time that she had sworn she had been dreaming, when the goddess came and spoke with her, the story of why she had met the paladin and the healer, why Marius had to die, all fit into a few seconds. Then she was told her purpose. For a gut wrenching, heart stopping moment she almost refused. Time slowed, unbearably slow.. Then she said it, I am ready. Why did I do that? Saere agonized herself. WHY?

Last edited by Strider on 05-25-2001 at 11:18 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Strider is offline Old Post 05-25-2001 08:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

H'Dero Lindir's View

H'Dero stepped solemnly into the monastery. The brisk dawn air blew silently around the holy building. Rays of light poured down from the skies in all direction. He stopped beside Saere. She was weeping in her bed. The peace and tranquility of their surroundings made H'Dero almost break down as well. He knelt next to Saere. "How are you faring?" He spoke out, almost in a whisper.

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-25-2001 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Saere smiled weakly at the blacksmith. "I can't sleep or eat. I keep thinking about something. I keep having dreams." She clenched her fist tight and brushed the back of her hand over the pendant. She followed the move with her eyes. She breathed a sigh of boredom. ""I want to get up." Then she squinted. Who is that outside my window? The face has sallow, pasty skin and deep black eyes. It looked almost.. ORKISH!

Strider is offline Old Post 05-25-2001 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Joseph Silvran slowly opened his eyes. It had been the first night of sleep he had had in 3 days. He Stretched, and smiled happily. He walked into Saere-ly's room and saw her and the blacksmith staring out the window. Then Saere screamed.

Whatever it is, its going to die, thought Silver. He ran to the door that led outside. He saw a small goblin running away. He thought about chasing it, but it was already too far away.

I do belive I have saw that goblin before thought Silver, as we walked back into the monastary.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 05-25-2001 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

H'Dero Lindir's View

H'Dero jumped as Saere shrieked. She shakingly pointed to the window while peering up to H'Dero with desperate eyes. H'Dero immediately hoisted his sword and ran to the windowsill. He scanned the area frantically. He saw nothing. "What?" he asked, turning back to her. "I... I d-don't know...I'm con-confused..." Saere said shakingly, sitting up revealing tear-stained cheeks. H'Dero looked concernedly at Saere. She peered vaguely back at him. "Don't worry, just rest. I will fetch some food for you." He walked out of her room, in search of food for the grief-stricken songstress.

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-25-2001 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni Goldenflight's view

It…had been …a long…week. Ileni slumped, wearily against a corner. It felt good to be in the cool peacefulness of the convent. She had just left Saere in the watchful hands of her self-appointed guardian, Silver of Keldrin. Ileni had done all she could for the young girl. It had been a long week of constant tending. Now it was up to the resiliency of youth to see her through.

Getting the unconscious girl out of the mine had been easy. Silver had not let anyone else near her! Disregarding his own newly-healing injuries, he had carried her all the way back to the convent. Hopefully the peaceful surrounding would help ease Saere’s pain.

Pain. Too much of it lately. Ileni pushed back a strand of hair from her forehead. I pray the gods, Saere finds relief.. She pushed off the corner and trudged wearily down the hallway towards the storeroom, to return some unused potions. She had gone through a lot in the last few weeks. With a quick glance through the rough, wooden shelves, Ileni mentally reviewed the number of vials on the shelves. Satisfied that it wasn’t time to restock, she turned and made her way back down the hallway towards the main room.

A loud voice carried from the meeting room. The walls were too thick to distinguish what was being said, but the tone sounded imperative. Who was here this early?

Ileni wondered if she would ever be free to pursue her dreams. It was a fleeting thought that always haunted her. On days like this, when the world had need of her healing, it always came with a brief sense of sadness and resentment. Brushing it aside, as she always did, Ileni moved into the meeting room.

There, behind the large oak table, was Old Freidric, half slumped in his throne-like wooden chair. No one knew exactly how old he was; he seemed to have been a permanent fixture here forever. His eyes always carried a wealth of wisdom, as well as sadness; as if he had seen too much in the world, and unfortunately understood it all.
He lost a great friend this week last. Ileni wished him a chance to grieve and meditate. But I know there’s no time. H’Dero’s words from the mine still rang through her head….the time to do something about the goblins was now. Otherwise, the sacrifices spent shall go for naught.

Ileni sighed, and stepped further into the room.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 05-26-2001 at 12:20 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-25-2001 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NPC views

NPC: Old Freidric's View:

“…No, I will not allow this monastery to be used as a garrison for the King’s troops. This, sir, is a place of peace. We are healers not fighters.”

Old Freidric clenched the arms of his chair tightly. He understood the need to join back in the fray. His good friend Marius had given his precious life in the fight against evil. The fight was still going on inside the monastery walls, with the young songstress struggling to regain herself, after all her trauma. He knew with all the years of his wisdom, that the time had come. And he foresaw dire consequences. He shook his head again.

NPC: The King’s messenger:

Ancient bones be crushed! The old man is shaking his head again, stubborn old fool! Why does he argue? The King has sent a request. All he needs is to agree and I can get out of this place, and back to my fighting. I’ve no time and no talent for diplomacy! I’m just an old warrior. Why didn’t the King send someone else?

“Sir, you MUST reconsider. The King does not make this request lightly. It is ill-advised of you to decline to respond.”

“Do I sense a slightly-veiled threat, oh great one?” Old Freidric’s quavery voice became steely.

“Rattle my swords, you old fool!” the warrior shouted. “I have no patience for this!” And he stormed around the room, just barely stopping himself from knocking over chairs in his path. He leaned heavily on the stone sill of the arched window and looked out across the valley, towards the mine in the distance. “Your enclave here is the best place to house our troops. You have the best strategic vantage…” and he began to count off reasons on his gloved hand…

NPC: Old Freidric’s View:

Spare me from this recital again Old Freidric at least had the maturity to avoid rolling his eyes. He calmly clasped his hands together in his lap and waited for his opportunity to give the “gentleman” his negative response, again. He watched the grizzled warrior pacing agitatedly in front of the window. Following him back and forth across the room, he caught the slight movement of Sister GoldenFlight in the doorway. Ah, perhaps we have news. He sat up straighter, about to interrupt the marching warrior in front of him, when he saw the blacksmith move into the doorway as well, step up to the good sister and murmur something. They both turned away and went back down the hall. Seeing the two of them together upset him. He knew they both were going to play a part in those dire consequences.

“Enough, Sirrah! I have already given you my answer. That answer is not going to change.” He waved his hands in a shooing motion. “Good-day.”

NPC: The Messenger’s View:

We’ll just see about that! And the glint of battle came into the old warrior’s eyes. “You shall hear more of this, but from one who wields words better than I!” Shoving his helmet firmly on his head, he nodded at the old man and strode briskly out the door.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-31-2001 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni GoldenFlight's view

King’s troops here? Ileni caught her breath. Old Freidric will never allow that. What was the King thinking? He has no jurisdiction over the monastery.

She was about to step into the room, when she noticed H’Dero approach. He looked to be in a hurry. Saere? She instinctively stepped closer to the blacksmith, and smiled when she heard the song stress was awake and required food.
Guiding the blacksmith towards the kitchen, Ileni decided to cook a morning meal for all of them herself. A small celebratory repast, perhaps? I hope so. Saere has lingered inside long enough. Time to try and engage her interest in the world again. Perhaps some light garden chores to get her outside. Hmmm…. Ileni looked up at the blacksmith beside her, does the golden songbird have another protector? She smiled again and shook her head, bemusedly, as she continued on her way towards the kitchen.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-31-2001 12:48 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NPC: Old Freidric’s View:

Ah, I see she is up and about! Old Freidric gazed out his window into the garden below. The songstress was seated on a blanket, her white gown spilling around her like mist on the beach. Her red hair glowing in the bright sun light was in stark contrast to her still, too-pale skin. The men around her, Silver of Keldrin, and H’Dero, were attentive and obviously trying to coax a wan smile out of her. Sister GoldenFlight was cutting herbs nearby, peering back over her shoulder at the younger people gathered on the grass. Time to talk with Lady Saere-ly Earenda . Old Freidric thought determinedly, with a grimace.

Making his way down to the garden took a while, and as he left the cool shadows of the stone colonnade, he heard weak laughter gurgling from Lady Saere-ly’s direction. Old Freidric smiled fleetingly. Heh, these warriors are good for something, I see. he snorted approvingly. Making his way over to the stone bench underneath the yew tree, he sat down carefully and cleared his throat. Three startled faces and one calm one turned to stare at him. He nodded slightly at the good sister, who dropped her basket and moved next to Lady Sarere-ly.

“Well child,” he said gruffly, looking into the wide-blue eyes of the songstress, “it’s time you told us of your vision.” He placed his hands on his knees and looked commandingly at her, waiting, while she swallowed hard and looked around at the two men on either side of her. Her summer blue eyes clouded over. Pain, confusion, and fear flitted through them. Her trembling hand crept up to stroke the pendant around her neck. Old Freidric’s eyes darkened momentarily. He caught the Sister’s eye, nodded again, and watched as the good sister laid a healing hand on Lady Saere-ly’s head. The trembling stopped, and the songstress began her recitation in a detached monotone, wide eyes unseeing, as if they were turned inward in memory.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 06-03-2001 at 06:01 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-02-2001 08:08 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni GoldenFlight's View

Ileni’s face lost it’s calm demeanor, her eyebrows knotted in concentration as words tumbled out of Saere’s mouth. Phrases such as “Stone of Carkor” and “quest” clanged loudly in the still air.

Rubbing Saere’s hand almost absentmindedly, she looked up to see Old Freidric's face grow darker and stormier. By Phen’s wrath, what would have him so upset?

The songstress finished her account, and half-collapsed in tears on the blanket. Curled into a tight ball, her red hair half-shielding her from view, she moaned, “….ready…..why did I say I was ready?” Old Freidric’s lips flattened. Both H’Dero and Silvran’s hands tightened on their respective swords and they looked ready to jump into action. Ileni noticed they shared a curt nod between them when Saere uttered “quest”.

Old Freidric finally spoke, after clearing his throat. “Child,” he spoke, not ungently, to Saere, “you must be ready to undertake the gravest mission of your life. You have been given a great responsibility and you MUST fulfill it! The peace of this region, nay, this land, rests on your shoulders.”

Ileni noticed the men looking at each other in consternation. She could see questions forming in their eyes. And determination as they both stared back down at the quivering songstress.

“The Stone of Carkor MUST be removed!” Old Freidric shook his feeble fists in the air. “Carkor is the greatest evil that ever existed in this world.” He continued in agitation. The other four stared at him. Saere’s perfectly formed mouth hung slightly open, tear-drenched eyes frozen in fear. “He was imprisoned in a stone by the Divinities, The Three..” and he paused to make the sign. The others, hanging on to his words, automatically did the same. “YOU,” Old Freidric said loudly, pointing a shaking finger at Saere, “MUST remove it!” Saere looked at him, horrified and then fainted.

As Ileni bent over to revive her, the men clamored with questions. Old Freidric held up an imperious hand, waiting for Saere to return to the world. She moaned, and supported by Ileni, managed to prop herself up, shakily.

“To answer your question…”Old Freidric continued, looking at each person in the garden with steely eyes, “Carkor is the power that spawns evil in this world. He is the foulness that brought the dark creatures into being….the goblins…” H’Dero growled. “…the orcs, the trolls, the deepest, darkest, most grotesque beasts whittled from the bowels of his putrid mind.” Ileni gasped. “And HIS,” Old Freidric pounded his fist on his knee, “was the demonic force that tried to enslave the world!” Saere, scurried back away from the glare in his eye, bumping into Ileni. Ileni placed a warm hand on Saere’s shoulder.

“Why Saere?” Ileni quietly asked. Why this innocent child? she wailed in her head.

“She is the innocent one” Old Freidric’s response echoed Ileni’s thought.

H’Dero stepped closer to Saere. Old Freidric turned a shaking finger on him. “You, blacksmith, your part is already cast in this. The Stone of Carkor is hidden in your mines.” Old Freidric nodded at him, “the Orcs will try to get to it. Can you understand why now?” H’Dero nodded grimly, knuckles white on his sword. Silvran clasped a comradely hand on the blacksmith’s shoulder. Ileni sensed in that moment, that a pact had been made.

Old Freidric wasn’t done yet. He nodded his head sharply at Ileni. No. Ileni closed her eyes, knowing what was coming. “There will be need for healing, Sister GoldenFlight,” he said softly. “And yours is the touch that harmonizes so well with our dear little songstress.” And he dipped his head in Saere’s direction. Ileni sighed. And lowered her head. So be it.

The distinctive sound of finely-honed metal sliding on metal sliced through the oppressive stillness of the garden. The blacksmith drew his sword out. Raising it to the heavens, he held it, glinting in the sun. “To the Quest!” he growled, and thrust it blade-first into the ground. It quivered. He laid his hand on the hilt. “To the Quest!” Silvran shouted after him, laying his hand on top of H’Dero’s. Ileni looked at the two of them, and then at Old Freidric who nodded for the last time. She quietly moved forward and placed her hand on top of Silvran’s. They all turned to look at Saere, who sat, slightly shaking, one hand on her pendant. She stared up at them, looking for something in their faces. Seeing fierceness, determination and resolve, she slowly stood up. Making her way over to the other three, she stretched out a slender arm and tentatively placed her tremulous hand on top. She stared down at it. Gazing at Saere’s bent head, Ileni felt Old Freidric approach. His gnarled hand came down gently, but firmly over the other four. He placed his other hand on top of Saere’s head and invoked prayers for safety and success. We shall need it. The success of the world seems to be resting upon us….and one innocent, swan-like, girl.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 06-03-2001 at 06:03 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-02-2001 09:22 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Fanfare interrupted the tense moment. The messenger had returned. He brought before him a wax tablet and a hot pen knife. He sliced words in the tablet, pausing here and there to make sure the incisions was deep enough to be seen and read.

"I am Ewyn Pa'wra," it read, "I will partake with you in the Quest that has been so spoken of in our lore. The Three count upon one who has been blessed with the voice of an angel, and the only lady within our realm who matches that description would be your Lady Saere-ly."

Saere stood, trying to maintain an air of dignity at her tear streaked face. "We would be honoured that you would join us, Esquire. but I would ask that you, and you alone, would partake on our quest. For I too, have read of legend. And the yore described there says that the Companionship of four will accompany the Angel to her fate. I have chosen the pa... Joseph Silvran of Keldrin, H'Dero Lindir of the Mines, Ileni Soft-Touch to be my companions. You, Ewyn Pa'wra, will be the fourth. So be it, say I, Lady Saere-ly Earenda, the songstress of Keldrin." At that, her energy failed her and she crumpled to the ground.

Nagfoot had been watching the proceedings for some time now. He had learned of the desperate quest and now muttered his findings to himself. "Nagfoot go to Big Orc, tell Boss Orc spy-stuff!" The littled sallow faced goblin scrambled down the wall and dissapeared into the tall-grass.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 06-03-2001 04:06 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

“…and oh, you’ll definitely need to take this…” Ileni GoldenFlight watched in horror as Sister Eglantine bounded around the room with whirlwind energy, tossing things over her shoulders and having them land helter-skelter across her bed. “What in Phen’s name is Old Freidric thinking! Letting you go out on some quest? I mean, by all that’s holy, it’s not like you’re really the questing type now are you, Leni?” Ileni winced at the diminutive form of her name that only the gossipy sister dared use. It was adding to the pain in her head, already building, from being in close quarters with Eglantine’s chatter. “And those others going with you! Well, the tall one in the silvery armor, what’s his name, oh! Silver of Keldrin, how silly of me…” She actually twittered! Ileni moaned, rubbing her temples. “Well! He just never seems to keep his eyes off Her, you know what I mean? He constantly holds her hands and She, well! She lets him! A mere slip of a girl, leading a quest…imagine! And the blacksmith…..ooooooh, what a dark man! All full of rage at those goblins. Horrible thing that day, and then Keldrin lost poor Marius…and oh yes! You MUST take this…and did you see that man the King sent? My word, the poor thing can’t even talk! Must write down EVERYTHING or make hand motions or something. Bad enough YOU are going on this quest, but to take HIM? How in Phen’s Heaven are you going to be able to hold a talk with him? What if you get into trouble? What was Old Freidric thinking?” She finally stopped, temporarily wound down in righteous indignation. Ileni seized the opportunity.

“I don’t really know, Sister Eglantine. Why don’t you go along and ask him? Thank you for your help. You know, I think I’ll just step out and check on Lady Saere-ly.” And shutting the door firmly behind her, breathed in the quiet that settled soothingly over her head.

Sigh. A quest. Shaking her head in dejection, she rechecked her supply of potions, already packed for travel and headed down the hall to check on the songstress. Leaving tomorrow morn. Too soon. And not soon enough. Her footsteps trod softly across the monastery stones. I guess the good Esquire managed to convince Old Freidric that having the King’s Army nearby was necessary. Ileni thought with a grin, it would have been interesting to watch that interchange. Esquire Ewyn Pa'wra must have been quite thorough in his arguments! I hope he is as thorough in his own preparations as well. Dawn comes awfully quickly for those not ready….

Last edited by Strider on 06-05-2001 at 07:50 PM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-05-2001 03:26 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

Silver of Keldin's View

Joseph Silvran yawned a yawm that only he could yawn. The day had been quite bustling, for they were preparing to go on a Quest to retrieve the Stone of Carkor. A Quest thought Silver, a quest for a stone. Is it really worth risking all of our lives for a piece of rock?

Silver analyzed the entire situation thoroughly. They would embark on a journey to the mines in the morning, and hopefully have camp set up by nightfall. From there on, the quest lay in Destiny's hands...

NPC View, Goblin named Klon:
Krol had been running around the mines all night. He was getting tired, when he saw another Goblin head towards the exit. He decided to follow. The ohter goblin turned around and faced him.

"Klon! Nagfoot not see in long time!" the other goblin said joyfully.

"Nagfoot! Why you go to big boss orc last fire?"

"Nagfoot spying on tall-ones!"

"Klon come?"

"Yes, Klon come with Nagfoot to tall-ones!"

With that, the two scurried out of the mines toward
the monastary.

OOC: Last fire means yesterday in Goblin.

IC:
Silver was walking through the garden n the pitch black of night. From near the wall, an odd scratching sound began to become audible. Silver moved closer, and slowly withdrew his sword. He heard a Goblin whispering on the other side.

"This Tall-People place. Many tall-people here. Nagfoot almost get caught by tall-people in silver armor!"

"What we do here?"

"Nagfoot spy on tall-people. Klon stay nearby"

Silver had no idea what to do. So, he quietly made his way to the monastary to wake the blacksmith...

Last edited by SilverHorse on 06-06-2001 at 03:44 AM

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-05-2001 07:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

H'Dero Lindir's View

H'Dero was once again supressing his rage. His dreams were vile nightmares filled with goblins, blood, and images of Marius' and his father's deaths. He had his fists clenched and he shifted around from time to time.

Silver of Keldrin tiptoed into the room and poked the disgruntled blacksmith. He was thrown back into reality. He breathed out rapidly and turned over with a sweaty face to see Silver of Keldrin. "What?" he groaned, still half in his nightmare. Silver urgently pointed to the outdoors. "I think I heard goblins in the gardens!" He whispered firmly. H'Dero frowned and sat up. He grabbed his sword, so neatly tucked away under his bed, and stood up. After a monstrous stretch, he ushered to get moving.

In the moonlit garden, drowned in the constant drum of crickets, H'Dero and Silver crept. They halted in the center, where an unused fountain and benches lay. H'Dero was honing in on any other noise than the chirping crickets.

He heard nothing for several minutes...

Last edited by Rumble on 06-13-2001 at 10:55 PM

Rumble is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 02:03 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NPC: third goblin...

OOC: ever notice that goblins are dumb? If this one is out of place, just take it out.

IC:

Mlak see Klon follow Nagfoot. Klon owe Mlak new knife. Mlak follow Klon.

Tall-People place? Klon get new knife for Mlak at Tall-People place?

The goblin danced in glee. The Tall-People place was made out of stones just like the mine. The rocks felt good. Mlak did not like the feel of the grass. Running spiny fingers around the smooth stones, the goblin followed the long stone place until he saw an opening.

Just like mine! Mlak go in. The goblin paused and sniffed the air around the opening. Mlak smell meat...meat good. And the goblin followed the smells inside.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 03:21 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
e……!”

What! Ileni sat up bolt upright in bed. The scream echoed eerily through the convent again. She jumped out of bed, throwing her cloak around her and scrambled for her heavy oak door. Pulling it open, the scream became louder. Ileni’s head turned sharply towards it. Not Saere! Other sisters came tumbling out of their rooms, looking both frightened and confused.

“The kitchen!” Ileni yelled, now realizing the source of the sound.

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ee! Get out! Get out! OUT!!”

Ileni half hobbled, half ran, down to the kitchen. The other sisters were right behind her, some panting in exertion. Ileni, hung onto the stone archway to the kitchen. The portly cook was screaming, face flaming, while chasing some sort of creature into the poorly-lit corner of the kitchen. She held a huge iron pot by both hands and was swinging it wildly.

“Sister Beatrice, get candles! Sister Eglantine, no, do NOT faint, SISTER! Go get Young Timac! Yes, NOW. Thank you. The rest of you, step back.” Ileni ordered, advancing cautiously into the room, more out of fear of being hit with the heavy black pot than anything else. As her eyes adjusted, she could barely discern the outline of a….goblin! In the KITCHEN? She quickly shielded both herself and the cook, who was still jiggling around in a frenzied, protective dance, now screaming, “My kitchen! Mine, do you understand? Foul creatures don’t belong here, now OUT!” It wasn’t easy, but Ileni managed to get a shield around the cook.

The goblin, if anything, looked more scared than the cook. It was emitting high pitched squeals. Eyes wide, it suddenly lunged towards the big oak table where the cook prepared meals. There, gleaming in a shaft of light, were the cooks’s knives. The goblin scooped up two, one in each hand and started screaming gibberish. The cook looked murderous. “My knives!! Noooooooo!” And swung her pot wildly, again. She missed, and swung herself completely around, directly into the path of the goblin who sprang towards his hefty target.

“NO!” shouted Ileni, and acting totally on instinct, threw her hands out in the direction of the goblin, trying to stop him. She felt the tell-tale tingling and warmth collect there before a small bolt of fire shot out of her fingers and bounced off the goblin’s head. It wasn’t enough to stop him. The goblin staggered, knives held limply, and swayed in place. The cook, having recovered by now, swung her pot with alarming accuracy and precision. CLONG! The goblin went down. Stepping over his prone body, the cook snatched the knives out his hands. “I’ll take those, thank you!” And she huffed off, checking her pot for damage.

A crowd rushed in. “SISTER GOLDENFLIGHT!” screamed Sister Eglantine, mouth open. “YOU practiced DARK MAGIC!” she gasped accusingly and then fainted. Several other sisters stepped back out range of her bounteous, falling body.

Ileni stood there feeling both mortified and proud. She looked up to see…

---------------
OOC: I modeled the very polite cook on my own, dearly departed mother, possessiveness, slugger-punch and all. Sniff.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 06-07-2001 at 02:49 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 03:48 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NPC: Old Freidric's View

Standing in the doorway, watching the play of expressions across Ileni's face, Old Freidric knew the time had come for her to leave the confines of the convent. Her intuitive ability to use Dark Magic is strong. Not surprising, given her background. Perhaps it will come in handy on their quest.

Old Freidric turned to Young Timac and gave orders to have the goblin removed, and then coaxed everyone back to their respective rooms.

Dawn, and the start of The Quest was coming soon.

Let's hope the rests of the night passes peacefully, he thought, shaking his head.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 04:24 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

Silver of Keldin's View

What in Phens name is all that noise? thought Silver. It sounded like a Goblin in distress..

CLANG!

H'Dero and Silver turned and looked at each other.
"What was that?" they said in unison. Silver got up and bolted inside, while H'Dero remained in the garden. Once inside, Silver followed the sounds of commotion till he arrived at the kitchen. Most of the Sisters of the Convent were standing around the doorway, and ocne they saw Joseph, they parted. He walked in and so a Goblin laying on the floor, with a large burn mark across his forehead, and quite a lump forming on the top of his head. Old Freidric motioned for Silver to come over to him. Freidric whispered in Silver's ear, and Silver nodded. He walked into his room and came back with an hourglass. He set the hourglass on the table, and turned to Illeni.

"Sister GoldenFlight, get your things. We leave once the sand runs out." With that, he flipped the hourglass over. And so began the quest for the Stone of Carkor...

Last edited by SilverHorse on 06-07-2001 at 09:34 AM

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 04:35 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

No rest for the wicked, I guess. Ileni hung her head and trudged slowly back to her room. At least the cook is safe. By Phen's Robes! Those goblins are getting bold...right into the kitchen! With renewed determination and belief in the quest, Ileni gathered her pack, her staff and her warm woolen cloak. She looked around her room quietly, wondering if she would see it again. For all that she felt confined here, this was still home. And it's peacefulness was something she had learned to love. Rubbing a silent goodbye along her heavy oak door, she quietly shut it and wandered down the hall toward Saere's room.

Knocking softly, she entered, and started to wake the sleeping girl. Looking around the room at all that Saere would need, Ileni wondered if they would make it down to the kitchen at the appointed time. No matter she smiled, sheepishly, they can't exactly leave without us. Something, almost freeing, seemed to settle into Ileni's heart. Perhaps the incident with the goblin has given me a new direction....

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 06-06-2001 at 06:21 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 04:54 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: So tired... yawn... Anyways...

Saere awoke at the light pushing of a hand. She cracked the crust that had formed on her eyes due to her crying and look blearily up at Ileni. "Is it time to leave already?" She whispered out of a parched mouth. When the healer nodded, Saere slid out of bed and plodded to her dresser. Her blue gown trailed around her ankles and she ushered Ileni out of the room. She was in the middle of changing when the the door cracked open and...

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 06-06-2001 08:46 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

Goblin's View

OOC: This is spoken as Klon telling another runt until I enter the scene

NPC View:

Klon see beautiful woman. Klon come in room with woman.

"Klon want know who woman are!"

"I...I...I am Lady Saere-ly"

Then woman fall on floor! Klon run to woman, woman not moving! Klon wonder what to do! Then woman wake up and scream!

IC, Silver of Keldrin:
Silver was getting ready to go on the quest. Currently, he was with the blacksmith, who was sharpening his sword. Suddenly, a scream was heard from down the hall, from Saere's room. Silver took off as fast as his feet could carry him down the hall. In her room, was a GOBLIN! Silver withdrew his knife and lunged at the green beast. The goblin dodged at planted the blade of his knife square in Silver's left side. Silver smreamed in rage and plunged his knife directly in the goblin's heart. The Goblin fell, and Silver withdrew his knife from the corpse.

"Pala....Joseph, you are hurt!"

"Its....ok...." replied Silver. Silver sat down on her bed and began chanting some words, soon a blue aurora surrounded his right hand, and he placed this hand on the wound. Immidietly, the blood stopped, and soon the skin healed. He stood up, and the aurora was gone. He smiled at Saere and walked down the hall to the Kitchen to see if the cook had anything prepared for their departure...

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 09:33 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

The pre-dawn air was cool and moist as Ileni stumbled blearily into the kitchen with her pack. The cook was bustling around, happy now that her world was secure again. Spotting a dark corner, Ileni set her staff against the wall, checked the hourglass and yawned widely. Just a little time....won't hurt... Curling into a chair against the wall, Ileni rested her arms on the cool wood table and laid her head down on them. No more goblins....please....not......now..... was her last coherent thought before she slipped into a fitful nap, there in the dark corner of the kitchen.

-----------

OOC: there ya go Silver, but I warn you...one more abrupt wake up call and Ileni starts bashing...heheh!

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 06-07-2001 at 06:33 PM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 06:22 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

Silver of Keldin's View

OOC: ok fine I will be quiet

Silver stepped into the kitchen, and saw Illeni sleeping in the corner. he went to wake her up, but the cook stopped him.

"She has had a long day Paladin, let her sleep"

"In that case, do you have anything prepared?"

"No, I but I have some soup over the fire" replied the cook.

Silver shrugged and was about to walk out of the kitchen when he noticed a wonderful apple pie sitting on the windowsill. He smiled with glee and walked over and when he went to pick it up, his hand was slapped.

"That is for the Lady Saere-ly and Sister Goldenflight. Now get out of my kitchen you barbarian!"

Joseph walked out of the kitchen and headed outside. It wasn't as dark anymore, and the sky had gone from black to a dark shade of blue. Silver looked up at the sky and quietly muttered, "May the three be with us".

BAM! Silver slumped over into the grass, head bleeding profusely. Just before he slipped into unconscienceness, he heard a goblin say

"Nagfoot hurt tall-people! Nagfoot better than tall-people insilver armor! Nagfoot go tell boss orc!"

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 07:07 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Ewyn stood behind the goblin and put his knife in it's arm. It squealed loudly and slashed at his face. He deftly sidestepped the thrust and tossed the goblin over the side of the wall. The boy picked up the tiny crossbow and armed it with a sharp rock. The goblin below squandered his last chance to get away and was nearly hit by the rock. After hissing curses at the esquire, he scurried into the dark.

Ewyn strode over to the convent bell, pausing as the after affect of the adrenaline left him, made him feel tired again. He grasped the gong and smacked it loudly. Shouts came from all over the monastery as the loud bell rang.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 08:53 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

CLANG!!!!!

The sound reverberated through Ileni's dream, jerking her awake.

CLANG!!! The ringing was insistent.

"UUUUUUuhhhh! What!" Ileni groaned, NOT another Goblin, I pray thee Phen, no...... Groaning louder she stood up, accompanied by the soft popping sounds of stiff muscles suddenly stretched. Sigh. Ok, ok, I can do this... and she wove unsteadily towards the garden where the convent bell was located.

The early morning light, still dark around the edges, was brighter than her haven in the kitchen. She eased outside. Throwing a hand over her face to allow her still-sleep-swollen eyes to adjust, she caught the hint of movement to the left. Two men....blinking, she squinted again, lowering her hand. Esquire Ewyn Pa'wra was leaning over someone on the ground.

Her nerves snapped back into place. Fully awake now, she rushed over to where the Esquire motioned. Silver of Keldrin lay sprawled on the ground, bleeding profusely from the back of his head. Without even acknowledging the other man, Ileni went to work to stop the flow of blood and administer healing. Energy coursed through her arms, down into her wide-spread hands. Silver's head was enveloped in a soft gold glow.

Hands steady, Ileni chanced a look around. The Esquire, a young lad really, looked both thoughtful and concerned. Ileni nodded at him and turned her attention back to the fallen paladin. He was moaning and starting to come around. Ileni help to prop him up, as he bent up onto one elbow. She could feel the dew on the grass starting to soak into her cloak. She wanted to ask him what happened, but knew the time wasn't right yet, he wasn't quite fully recovered. Continuing to pour energy around his head, she finished the healing process. Silver looked more alert, and was able to sit on his own. Ileni looked into his eyes and said tersely, "Goblin, right?"

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 06-08-2001 at 03:09 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 10:07 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

"I think.......It happened too fast...."

Silver has a pounding headache. Being stabbed in the back of the had is not one of the most enjoyable things in the world. Silver smiled, and told Illeni what had happened.

"The Goblin's name was Nagfoot" Silver said. He seemed a little overjoyous. He smiled and jumped up. he unsheated his sword and cut a branch off the nearest tree in one hit.

"Still have my strength" sad a very gleeful Silver. He put his sword back in the sheath and pranced around the garden. He stopped when he noticed every single nun who was in the monasatary at that time staring at him. He just laughed and walked inside, and headed to the Kitchen to see if that soup was done...

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 10:24 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni's View

OOC: revised for reasons to be revealed later.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ileni looked across the courtyard at Old Freidric, one eyebrow raised in question. He returned the look with a frown. Silent communication seemed to flow between them. Old Freidric unobstrusively left to follow Silver. What just happened? Ileni wondered, still kneeling in the grass. Her old friend Silver was acting strangely, even for him. His laughter was an odd reaction to almost being killed. Of course, I've seen warriors do strange things after the heat of battle.... She looked down at her faintly glowing hands, and shook them to dispel the residue energy. She was starting to feel tired again.

Getting up slowly from the grass, she brushed the remaining moisture from her cloak, looked up and froze. She saw everyone in the courtyard staring, some with mouths hanging ajar. Timac, the other sisters, the Esquire, even the cook. They looked in Silver's direction and then back at her. They all seemed to be staring at her as if they were expecting her to do something.

A rush of something undefined surged through her. Some unnamed, unknown emotion. It felt, vaguely, like anger. If she'd not been raised in a convent, it would have felt wonderful to utter an oath out loud right then and let herself rail at heaven. As it was, years of temperance took over. With a calm demeanor, she stared piercely at everyone, then abruptly turned on her heel, and strode out.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 06-08-2001 at 12:49 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 10:50 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

Silver smiled. The cook was still oustside with everyone else, and the pie was stil sitting on the windowsill! Silver ran over, and began devouring it. It was so delicious! After he ate all of that he ran over and ate all the soup! Silver then sat down on top of a table, and began singing a song about the soup. just then, Sister GoldenFlight, Old Freideric and the cook burst in the room..

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-08-2001 12:53 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni 's view

Ileni froze again inside the doorway. She looked incredulously at Old Freidric. Old Freidric set his jaw and advanced, what looked like menancingly, into the room.

Ileni winced at the caterwauling. Good thing the entire convent is already awake. Ileni's eyes widened as Silver waxed gloriously about potatoes being like glistening pearls. Dear Phen in Heaven, did the blow do something? she wondered, horrified.

She stepped into the room after Freidric and was going to coax Silver from off the table top when...

NPC: Cook's view

"OCH! Me pie! Me pie! ME SOUP!! You bloody...!" and before either Ileni or Old Freidric could do anything, the cook sped across the room at an astonishing speed, given her girth, grabbed her bread board and heaved it at Silver.

Silver, still warbling the wonders of vegetables didn't see it coming. It sailed with better accuracy than the cook's pot did earlier and landed with a resounding THWACK upside Silver's head.

Silver, stopped singing, turned to the cook and said in a high sing-song voice: "Why did you do that?" rolled his eyes back into his head, and fell backwards, sprawled again, this time, half-off the table.

"I warned ya, I did!" the cook growled looking triumphant.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-08-2001 01:03 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni's view

"Noooooooooooooo!" Ileni lunged forward to intercept the board too late. "COOK! How COULD you?" Ileni admonished rushing to Silver's once-again, prone body.

"Freidric..." Ileni whispered, "did I...did I...do something wrong in the healing?" She turned frightened eyes towards him.

Old Freidric looked down at Silver, bushy white eyebrows knotted in concentration. "I don't believe so," came his tentative reply.

Ileni's face, for the first time, looked strained. "What do we do?" It felt odd to be talking over his motionless body, instead of healing it.

"I believe we must consult our visiting expert. I suspect something here is beyond our ability to heal."
He rubbed his beard, apparently deep in throught. Coming to some sort of conclusion in his head, he turned slowly and headed for the door. "Stay with him, but do not wake him," he threw over his shoulder at Ileni.

Ileni nodded mutely as Old Freidric toddered out the door.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-08-2001 01:26 AM