Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > The Uprising
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

"Home. Go home. Go home now." Melken didn't know it, but he was in a slight state of shock. All he knew was that he suddenly felt very, very cold. He didn't want to be a hero right then. He just wanted to go home to his mother and throw a blanket over his head.

The shadow-thing-person drifted past and he spotted a small crack of daylight blinking through the rubble. He crawled towards it. The hole was big enough for a small boy to squeeze through.

He blinked in the strong light outside. Totally unaware, for the first time, of anything else around him, he stumbled down the chaos of what was once a street. He passed by the young dagger-throwing fighter he had seen earlier without even a blink of recognition.

"Home" he repeated. Melken staggered through Keldrin towards home.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-08-2001 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

OOC: Should his home be burned down when he gets there? I'm thinking that would be interesting... BTW, Im still waiting for whats-his-name to attack the shadowcreature...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 06-09-2001 05:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

NPC View
Balkor, seeing the door splinter quickly grabbed his sword and got into a defensive stance. he quickly moved to the edge of the battered door, he noticed te closest thing, the black mist, he went to all out aggressiveness and charged, the last thing he saw was a giant spike drive through his throat. He fell backwards from the force and died before he hit the ground.

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 06-11-2001 05:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheKoolEagle Click here to Send TheKoolEagle a Private Message Click Here to Email TheKoolEagle Visit TheKoolEagle's homepage! Find more posts by TheKoolEagle Add TheKoolEagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Admiral, read the Guide and avoid horning in.. I've kept close tabs on this thread and there isn't a battle raging anywhere..

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 06-12-2001 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

Cypher seeing Balkor die couldn't move, he saw the young warrior charge and die, the mist-man was powerful in the ways of magic
i cannot beat him, the best thing to do now is run and regroup with other defenders
and Cypher ran, the mist did not follow, but did notice Cypher fleeing, instead he started to move more into the center of the town. Cypher continued running, even at his age he was making good progres back to his hut,
if I can get my potions I might be able to help out

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 06-12-2001 11:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheKoolEagle Click here to Send TheKoolEagle a Private Message Click Here to Email TheKoolEagle Visit TheKoolEagle's homepage! Find more posts by TheKoolEagle Add TheKoolEagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

OOC: I'm thinking about having a temporary takeover of the town before the forces of good heroically beat back the evil guys... sound good?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 06:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Melken Arrowroot's view

OOC: Do it! Lets make this thing dark and beefy!

IC:

“Home. Home. Home.” It became a chant for Melken as he hurried through the streets. The faster he ran, the faster he chanted. He was so focused on getting back to his mother and the security of his bed, that he never noticed the dark shadows that gathered over Keldrin. Until it was too late.

Smoke was rising from merchant’s row. People were screaming, Merchants and their wives were frantically pulling their wares from out of their burning shops.

MOTHER! Melken screamed in his head. Mother, Mother, Mother!. The chant changed from frantic to all-consuming fear.

Chaos was everywhere. Flames. Singed shingles drifted down from the tall buildings. Dark ash and sparks floated dangerously in the air. He headed towards the structure that should have been his mother’s shop and his home. Fire gushed out of the ground floor doorway. The upper level, where they lived was ablaze with a fire-eater, devouring timber, walls and roof. As he watched, the huge center beam crashed down into the shop.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Melken screamed and sprinted towards the door and the inferno that raged there.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 06-13-2001 at 09:16 PM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

The heat that gushed out of the doorway flattened his hair and his clothes against his body. His chest hurt, as his lungs struggled for air. The tips of his hair started to singe, the acrid smell adding to the stench around him. He paused momentarily, hand over his eyes, not from fear, but driven back by the intense heat. Mother! He gritted his teeth and pushed forward. The skin on his face tightened and shrank around his cheekbones. The heat seemed to sear right through him.

Suddenly, he was flying through the air again. He was moving away from the doorway and the heat and the fire. Nooooooooo! The doorway exploded with flying debris as the fire consumed the last of the shop. Thick, muscular arms scooped him out of the inferno and carried him back to middle of the street. Melken fought all the way. His mind, his vision, all of his being was focused on the shop and what was in it. He kicked, he screamed, he punched, he twisted, but the unforgiving hardness of those arms would not yield.

They moved down the street, away from the horror. The air was getting cooler. His lungs filled with it. His mind still screamed. He hung limply in the hard arms. Mother. he whimpered. His parchment-dry, swollen lips could not even utter the word. His hot eyes filled with tears and the stinging wet carved tracks in the soot on his face. Mother.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 06:53 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NPC: Stranger

Feisty little scrapper, this one! His arms tightened around the small boy. The soot-coated youngster punched, kicked and flailed. The stranger barely felt it through the thick black cloak covering his leather jerkin. Small fists pounded ineffectively and the wiry little body squirmed. Strong arms tightened, stilling the boy’s movement. Long, muscular legs strode easily down the smoke-filled street. Falling cinders, crashing timbers and sudden roars of new fires breaking out didn’t even cause the stranger pause. Determined strides lengthening, the stranger forged ahead, past screaming merchants and wailing children. The boy hung limply now, making it easier to hoist him over broad shoulders. Clamping a hand on his hilt, and heading down into another back alley, his objective was finally in sight.

“Good job, Langskin” his murmured to his horse. It stood by, vigilant, slightly nervous with the sky aflame, but loyally waiting for his master. The stranger took a second or two to stroke the black nose. “Good boy,” he murmured again. Sliding his foot into the stirrup, he hauled himself up. The leather saddle creaked with his weight, and he settled into the comfortable spot. He carefully placed the boy, across his lap behind the horn of the saddle and picked up the reins. The horse danced a little, but settled down at the reassuring feel of his master's knees, pressing gently into his side. The stranger clicked his tongue, and they all headed towards Keldrin's main gate.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 06-28-2001 at 05:26 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 05:11 AM
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

Cypher moved quickly to the outskirts of keldrin to his hut. He noticed it had been ransacked but nothing seemed to be badly damaged.
they stole my books! he thought as he glanced to his bookshelf. Luckily his potions were where he hides them every night.
i don't know how much these will help but it's worth a try

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 05:31 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Ah, it was finished, Krython noted. The town was under his control at last, though no doubt there were still a few rebels hiding somewhere. Now, had this stubborn mayor cracked yet...

OOC: Should we make this boy be really important or something? Im thinking it could make the plot much better...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-04-2001 05:06 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Melken was jolted abruptly back into consciousness by shouts of “There he is! Get him!” I…I’m..on a horse! Suddenly aware of the smell of horseflesh and his own acrid smell from the fire, he also became aware of movement. The horse he was on was moving back and forth. Lifting his head, as much as he could, he caught glimpses of a black-cloaked arm brandishing a long sword. He could hear grunts from behind him as the sword swung in different directions and the horse moved in the other. The horse snorted occasionally. Melken grabbed fistfuls of black horse hide to keep from sliding off.

“Don’t let him get out!” more screams came. The horse suddenly lunged forward and Melken felt stiff wind in his hair. The rider behind him shouted, “Go Langskin, go!”

“UH!” Melken felt his stomach bounce into his mouth as the horse jarred him roughly.
Shouts continued behind them. He heard the horses hooves on the cobblestone streets. Pieces of Keldrin flew past his vision. “Wwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzt!” Arrows! They were being shot at! “FFFffffffzzzzzzzzttt!” They slung around a corner, the horse whinnied, but kept going. His stomach was now bouncing up and down and seemed to be stuck in his throat. He lifted his head again, trying to get a view. He saw people he knew pointing at them and shouting, but he couldn’t hear them past the panting of the horse and the rider. He tried to turn a little to see the rider but suddenly a large gloved hand pushed him back down, roughly into the horse’s back. ‘MMMMmmmmmfffff!.”

“Quiet!” a deep voice barked. The hand stayed there, heavily on his back, holding him down. The horse snorted again, as the black-cloaked, gloved stranger suddenly wheeled him around. The arrows had stopped. Melken could almost feel the tension as the rider waited, listening….

“OVER THERE!” Renewed shouts and running. He thought he heard the faint sound of his voice being called amidst all the shouting. “…horse…..little Melken….GET HIM!” and suddenly they were off again, the rider’s cloak flapping as he snapped the reins.

I’m being kidnapped! he suddenly realized in shock. The townspeople he saw were trying to rescue him! I gotta get out of here. But how??? The horse was moving too fast for him to jump off. The rider had let go of his back, but Melken wasn’t sure if that would last long. I’ll just fake being asleep until I get a chance….unless somebody DOES rescue me. Hope flared briefly as they galloped through the streets.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 12:51 AM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Location: living in the backwoods of Montana making small letter bombs and writing a manifesto

K'neth's view

K'neth brings the wagon to a stop as he comes out of the woods What in Phens name!? He looks up at the smoke rising from behind the hills Thats coming from Keldrin! He readys his crossbow and gets down from the wagon. He walks to the back of the wagon to get the long bow and puts it on the runingboard. I hope the goblins didn't attack again Runs through his mind as he checks the arrows and crossbow bolts.

OOC:I hope this fits well DM

(Mod: Silver: instead of what the hell?!, use What in Phens name?!. I fixed it for you.)

Last edited by SilverHorse on 07-05-2001 at 06:14 PM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 02:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Wolf Click here to Send Shadow Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Wolf Add Shadow Wolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

OOC: fitting fine!

The mayor, though brave, could no longer stand the implements of torture used on him. As the fiend before him was heating coins in the fire, he offered to tell all he knew.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 03:33 PM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Location: living in the backwoods of Montana making small letter bombs and writing a manifesto

OOC:Sorry Silver, use to using "What the hell".

IC:
Faint shouts echoed up the hills Now is the time I wish that I didn't have this. Kicks the coverd object in the back of the wagon. K'neth jumps back onto the runing board and takes the reins. Thank Phen that these horses are part warhorse thought K'neth, as he turned them off the road and up a near by hill. Now to see whats going on! The horses have no trouble geting up the hill. Only part of the town is on fire Thought K'neth, as he looked at the town through a spyglass. Who is that guy and boy on the horse? Who is chasing them? Hears some voices coming from the left. Looks over and sees a hurt and soot coverd group of town folk walking away from the town. i] K'neth
I'll ask whats going on "Shouts" What Happend here?

Town person:
Its a uprising! You should get out of here!

K'neth:

An uprising in this town?

(Edit:Turned my sig off)

Last edited by Shadow Wolf on 07-05-2001 at 07:34 PM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 07:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Wolf Click here to Send Shadow Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Wolf Add Shadow Wolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

OOC: no Problem, enjoying reading this.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 07:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NPC: horseman outside Keldrin.

Shatka strike him, what's taking so long? The tall man shifted uneasily in his saddle again. All he has to do is grab the little urchin and run! He jangled the reins to his horse nervously. Three other men behind him muttered. Their horses shifted back and forth in the dirt, sending little puffs of dust into the air. "Steady there!" he intoned, "We don't want to be seen." His hands tightened on the reins. Each man knew they had one chance to do this right. Come on, friend, now is the time...!He arms tightened as his teeth clenched in frustration. Shouting! To the south! His head snapped towards the sound. Flying pell-mell towards the gates of Keldrin was the man and the booty they were waiting for. "He's got him! Let's go!" Four sets of legs dug into horses' flanks simultaneously. Like an arrow shot with precision, they swarmed down the hill...

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 07-24-2001 at 11:32 PM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 09:30 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Melken’s view

I’m not going to be rescued! It was becoming alarmingly obvious to Melken that he was going to have to save himself…somehow. For the first time, he was starting to feel a little helpless. And that made him feel angry. Who IS this guy? Melken tried twisting again, just his head. The horseman was too busy to notice. They were flying towards the gate by now, and the wind was tugging at the black cloak. If I could JUST see his face….something…anything…ggggrrrr Melken’s fists tightened in frustration. His stomach, bouncing along the horse’s back, suddenly felt worse. uuuuuh…..uh-oh…uuuuh

He heaved.

Everywhere.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 09:44 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NPC: Stranger

"What the...aaaaaaaah!"

It flew into his face, blinding him. The wind forced it into his nostrils, half choking him.
It landed on his cloak, his hands, his legs, his horse. His hands, now slick with it, slipped on the reins. He dashed an glob-festooned arm across his face trying to wipe it off and only succeeded in smearing more of it. His horse, feeling the reins slacken, slowed, impeding his urgent rush from Keldrin.. Feeling around, he tried to grab them, his knees tightening, trying to urge his horse back into a gallop. “Hya….” He tried to shout but ended swallowing some and sputtering. He was able to get one hand on the reins, and grabbed, causing the horse to veer around and head off in a direction he could not see.
He tried desperately to continue to wipe with the other hand, but his glove was soaked as well as his arm. The wind helped to push it out of his eyes and by the time we was able to get a clear picture he was heading straight back towards the stone wall surrounding Keldrin…

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 09:56 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NPC: horseman

“What the…?” the horseman echoed. They had him in sight, they were almost around him when suddenly the urchin spewed, sending thick, slick. ….mass…all over the other rider and his horse. “UHH!” He yelled involuntarily. The other horseman was having trouble, his horse slowing and turning. Suddenly they were headed straight back towards Keldrin! He dug his heels into his horse’s side and surged forward. The other men around him lunged forward as well. “GET HIM!” He shouted.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 07-24-2001 at 11:30 PM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 10:05 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Melken’s view

“Uuuuuhhhh….” His head swam and his stomach still roiled. The horse careened. Melken lifted his head weakly and saw the bad man covered in his stomach’s contents. As sick as he felt, a small chuckle escaped. Not….what…I ….had in…mind. He saw the walls of Keldrin getting closer. Turned…around..! Hope flared again and then was quickly dashed as he heard, “GET HIM!” Four other horsemen, dressed the same as the bad man were headed his way.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 10:12 PM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Blades View

NPC The Old Mage Vestrit:
We must hury I cant hold the door on Death much longer.

Blade:
I can fly you know. we could be there shortly

Vestrit:
I don't like hights but I need get this book to the mage Cypher soon. I will think about it Blade.

Blade:
Sniffs the air. I can smell smoke.

Vestrit:
Don't worry its just someones camp fire.

Blade:
He looks up as they come into a clearing in the forest. Thats no camp fire. Points to the huge piller of smoke in the sky.

Vestrit:
What?! Thats from the way the town is. I'm afeard The Dark One may have gotten there first. I think I will take up your offer now.

Blade:
The Dark One? He says as he leans down to let Vestrit get on his shoulders. Who is he?

Vestrit:
He is the in bodyment of evil and would kill lots of people to get his hands on the book I am carrying. Vestrit gets himself centerd on Blades shoulders. I'm ready Blade. he grabs a good hold on Blades sword straps.

Blade:
hmmm... Blade spreads his wings and launchs himself into air. If I see this Dark One I will kill him.

Vestrit:
If he can be kill. They clear the trees and get a good look at the town. It is the town that is on fire! Land me on a hill near town so I can try to cense him and Cypher if he still lives.

Blade:
I do see what look like town people coming up that road maybe the mage Cypher is with them?

Vestrit:
Maybe, fly low over head and I will take a look. Please try not to scare them.

(OOC:Someone play the Town people blade is flying over :} and blade is a white dragon )

Last edited by Shadow Wolf on 07-27-2001 at 12:28 PM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 11:32 AM
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

Cypher was walking through the crowds of people, he noticed many looking up at the sky and pointing.
is a dragon attacking now!, no, it is blade, thank phen he isn't an enemy

NPC villagers
"a dragon! what are we going to do!!! FLEE! we're all going to die!"

Cypher
"do not worry, he is friendly, he is here to help us, not hurt us"
Cypher spoke as he he created a small fireball as a signal to Blade.

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 11:09 PM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

K'neth view

DRAGON!

What in Phens name! K'neth looks back over to where the town people are and sees a white dragon. A dragon this far out from the north! The horses see and smell the dragon. They start to get nurves. Wait it has someone on its back and it has a sword. It could be Blade. He is landing I must go see if it is him. He turns the wagon around and heads towards the town people.

Blades View

NPC Vestrit:
There he is. Vestrit points to the person wearing mage robes

Blade:
Are you sure?

Vestrit:
Yes, Land now

Blade:
I hope none of the town people get in my way. Blade comes in slowly and lands.

Vestrit:
Cypher! I have this for you. Vestrit holds up the old spell book, a robe, and key for the books heavy lock. Blade help me down

Blade:
He picks Vestrit off his shoulders and sets him down. Pulls out his sword and leans on it with the point half a foot in the ground. They dont look like they can go on. He looks at the town people that have formed a large ring around them. hm... Humans stare to much.

Last edited by Shadow Wolf on 07-30-2001 at 01:39 PM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 07-28-2001 12:26 AM