Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > Robed Figure
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

OOC:do not write in here! write on the ooc for this thread!

Silver: I deleted his posts as they were not pertinent to the story, or anything fo that matter =)

Last edited by SilverHorse on 06-19-2001 at 10:16 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 06-17-2001 08:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheKoolEagle Click here to Send TheKoolEagle a Private Message Click Here to Email TheKoolEagle Visit TheKoolEagle's homepage! Find more posts by TheKoolEagle Add TheKoolEagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Xanlok, not knowing what in the world the potions were, took one out and threw it as far as he could; it landed about 20 feet away and exploded.

"Oh, this should come in handy, I suppose my friend Cypher has ran off."

Xanlok made his chewing rocks face as though he was thinking hard.

"Damn fool, I guess he wasn’t the mage I thought him for. Time to go visit that beast."

Xanlok needed a bit of rest so he shot a lightning bolt down into the well.

"Now I wait for a few minutes just to see how the creature reacts"

Xanlok did not have to wait a few minutes. Only 20 seconds later the beast came up and chomped at the well entrance. Xanlok cringed in fear and look at the potion bag.

"Hrmm, quite the idea I suppose..."

Xanlok decided he would throw a potion down and see what happens, first he threw a piece of salted meat he had in his pack. Just to give the creature a taste. He saw the beast swallow it whole.

"The beast has a taste for blood I see..."

Xanlok slit one of his fingers open with his dagger and smeared it onto the potion. Cringing at the pain in his finger he wrapped a hanky around it. Hoping that it would stop the bleeding. Xanlok made the toss down into the well, and saw the creature swallow the potion whole, but not chew.

"Damn, that fool of a creature, he ate the damn thing!"

Xanlok only had to wait a few minutes then saw the creature explode. The giblets came up a few meters and went back down into the water.

"I know not what creatures are in this place, or what the depth is. But I shall look in Cypher's pack and see if there is anything more that would help me."

Xanlok rummaged a bit and found a ring, it looked to be made of fish scales, great scales that were formed into the shape of a ring. Xanlok, not knowing exactly what it was took a chance and put it on his index finger.

"May the lord take me for it."

As soon as Xanlok said that he grew gills on his neck and could not breathe. He grabbed the potions in a choking fit and jumped into the well...

(OOC: Ok, sorry for the delay, just have fun with this peeps =).)

Xanlok is offline Old Post 06-19-2001 09:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xanlok Click here to Send Xanlok a Private Message Click Here to Email Xanlok Find more posts by Xanlok Add Xanlok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

Cypher arriving to Keldrin in a full gallop quickly got if the horse and retuned it. "i should grab my book of unusual creatures, maybe it has whatever ate that damned theif" Cypher thought out loud. "I can mix together an air potion to give to Xanlok, oh i hope he doesn't think i'm a coward, it's hard enough to gain the respect of the children around here even" he said as he stumbeled and fell to te cobbelstone road. "haha! the old man fell!" said one of the street vending children. i must hurry

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 06-26-2001 05:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheKoolEagle Click here to Send TheKoolEagle a Private Message Click Here to Email TheKoolEagle Visit TheKoolEagle's homepage! Find more posts by TheKoolEagle Add TheKoolEagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Underloard
UndeadSkeleton

OOC: Whoohoo, what a perfict way to introduce my character.

Thelko, sitting in the tavern wondering what that old mage cypher was up too, desided to go find out. Thelko grapped his weapon, took a huge gulp of his ale, and went outside to see what that old mage doing. That old mage is more clumsy than iI thought. Thelko went over to the kid and told him that his mother was calling him, and he helped Cypher up. "What in Phen's Wraith is the rush old man." Thelko said in a charming manner. The mage did not reply, and hurried to his house.
Hmmmm. I must see what he is up to. Thelko followed the mage to his house and stayed outside, but in a way where he could notice everything Cypher was doing.

Go Non-Communists!

[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/wavingus.gif[[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/canadasm.GIF[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/englandsm.GIF[/img]

God bless America!

Underloard is offline Old Post 06-26-2001 02:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Underloard Click here to Send Underloard a Private Message Click Here to Email Underloard Find more posts by Underloard Add Underloard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

"where is that book!, i could have sworn in the name of Phens that i left it right here!" Cypher said as he tore through his bookcase. "ah, here it is" as he blew off the dust which had made the book looked aged for a very long time. "Now for the potion" Cypher lifted his trunk and mixed a few ingredients together to make a potion that allowed you to breathe underwater for about 10 minutes. He quickly ran towards the door carrying the book and the potion and started to make his way out of keldrin.

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 01:43 AM
Underloard
UndeadSkeleton

Thelko tried to stop him as soon as he left his house, but Cypher just ran to the Keldrin gates. Ok, thats it. I am gonna follow that old man, wherever he goes. I never seen him rush like this before. Thelko followed Cypher out of town adn across the plains. Then Thelko paused for a second. He looks like he is heading for the well. Why in Phen's name would he be going there.[/] Then Thelko remembered Xanlok entering town.[I]Something smells fishy, and I have to get to the bottem of this. THelko hurried to catch up to Cypher.

Go Non-Communists!

God bless America!

Last edited by Underloard on 06-27-2001 at 02:32 AM

Underloard is offline Old Post 06-27-2001 02:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Underloard Click here to Send Underloard a Private Message Click Here to Email Underloard Find more posts by Underloard Add Underloard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Talking

Xanlok was down inside the well and able to breathe and see perfectly. He tried casting a simple light spell to give him some ilumination and it held.

"There must be something in this ring that allows me to do this..."

Xanlok was amused and started swimming, he went 10 feet forward and realized it was getting alot darker... Almost so dark that he had to brighten his light spell to see sufficently.

"Its too dark for the light spell... I need more..."

Xanlok remembered he had a spell he hadent used in a long time, it was called Darkvision, he casted it and he now saw black and white in the water.

"Thats better..."

Xanlok smiled once again amused. He was a tad exausted from the spells he had concentrated on, he decided to quaf a small potion that would restore some of his energy...

"Thats better"

Xan murmured to himself. He tried looking around for anything out of place. Even though he could not know what was out of place in the well since he had never been in one. Nor one this vast in size...

Xanlok is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 09:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xanlok Click here to Send Xanlok a Private Message Click Here to Email Xanlok Find more posts by Xanlok Add Xanlok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

must hurry must hurry must hurry was the only thing Cypher was thinking as he quickly walked out of the gates of Keldrin. He didn't notcice anything around him, he swiftly marched across the great field in which many lives were lost during all of the wars, but now instead of a bloody field it was a peaceful meadow, once again at rest.

Faster he walked still across the cobblestone bridge. His mind suddenly changed his thoughts, he was thinking of his childhood in the monastery. He remembered waking up early every morning to watch the sunrise over the vast hills. The picture in his mind was unerasable, it even had it's own sttream with a small wooden bridge built across it. Now however he was a grown man and thought such thoughts of beauty could no longer be found in the world. He was very wrong though, he never wanted to admit it though. He climbed the steep hill leading to the Keldrin mines, the sun was starting to set, it reminded him of his travels when he was a younger man. Every night he travelled he looked up and watched the sunset if it was possible.
the sunset is beautiful, if only it came from here...
He noticed the abandoned cottage near the mines.
in this light, it resembles my first home away from the monastery... the house... my... wife died in... Cypher remembered his young love...
we only were married for 6 months... why... why did the disease strike when i was away! Cypher collapsed to the ground in front of the cottage.
why?
was Cyphers last thougth as he enetered the cottage and fell asleep in the upsatirs room.

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 08:14 AM
Underloard
UndeadSkeleton

Thelko followed closely behind Cypher. when Thelko came uptop of a steep mountain, he seen Cypher on his knees crying in front of a cottage. Thelko walked behind the cottage to find out what cypher was saying.

"Why did the disease strike when I was away?"

What is he talking about, what disease

Thelko seen Cypher run up stairs in the cottage, and heard him collaps on the bed.

"What is going on here? Don't tell me he rushed out of Keldrin to go to a cottage and sleep!"

Thelko sat behind the cottage back against it, and pulled a bottle of ale out.

"To this journey, where ever it takes me."

Thelko heard a few odd noises around, but was too tired to check them out, and dosed off.

Go Non-Communists!

God bless America!

Underloard is offline Old Post 07-05-2001 03:21 PM
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Xan could see what looked to be tiny fish swimming around in the well, and lots of living things on the floor, the well looked to expand into a second room, 100 feet tall by 100 feet wide. A huge chamber none the less that Xan had to look deep into to navigate. Using his elven sight Xan could make out red outlines of fishes and such. But what really caught his eye was the outline of what looked to be a creature that was Half Man and Half Fish. One that Xanlok could only recall to be called the Merfolk. Xanlok swam closer to one of the men to get a better look. He kept in the shadows untill he could see the man close. He then studied the man for 5 minutes. Looking at him up and down. Then, he moved his hands in a circling motion and puled out some mandrake root out of one of his pouches. He crushed it deep into his hand and a little bit of his own blood mixed into it. Then the next thing he knew, he could swim freely as though he was one of them.

Xanlok looked down and saw where his feet SHOULD have been. He had fins like the Merfolk. He had skills and the ring that was once on his finger glowed a light blue currently. His pack and things still were physcially on his body but appeared to mold in with his new skin. He spoke the Merfolk language fleuntly now. But he had no idea how to act, so once again he observed...

Xanlok is offline Old Post 07-06-2001 03:56 AM
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

Cypher, awoken early morning by the sounds of birds chirping peered out the window, "a beautiful morning to start my journey once more" he said as he begun to walk downstairs. He saw Thelko sleeping upright against the wall outside the cottage.
Thelko you fool, you don't know what your getting into
he thought as he made his way to the well.
"If i hurry i can get back to the campsite before dawn" Cypher thought out loudly, and witht tht Cypher quickly departed.

Last edited by TheKoolEagle on 08-03-2001 at 04:39 AM

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 07-14-2001 03:07 AM
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

Cypher quickly walked to the campsite. "nearly dusk, i made good time" he said as he sat down and pulled out a loafof bread to eat. "where is xanlok? he must have already gone down the well. after a good night's rest i will have to have a peek for myself." he said out loud taking the last bite of the loaf and falling asleep.

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 11:08 PM
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Exhausted and having spent 2 days adapting to the Merfolks' culture, Xanlok saw that he was starting to develop their habits, eating the fish in the surrounding area. Only eating it raw. He had developed the keen senses, and many of his friends were now Merfolk.

He adventured into the room where the King kept his treaures. The Merfolk warned Xanlok to not go in but he had to see what was in there. When he got there he found...

"Damnit! My purpose how could I forget my purpose! I must get that amulet, tommorow I shall plan my hiest, and be out of here as fast as possible."

Xanlok cursed his name some more untill he went to the Baracks where the other soldiers slept. He nodded off and waited for what to these people was the next day.

Xanlok is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 12:06 AM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

My 1st RP story with my new char.

Rhonin stepped into the tavern and ordered some dwarven ale. He turned around to look at his surrondings. His eyes darted back and forth, person to person. He looked down and pulled out his sword, he gazed at it drifting off in thought. He snapped out of his trance when the bartender slaped the glass down. "That'll be 10coins," he said" Rhonin didn't even bother to say anything. He put up his sword and threw the coins on the counter. The bartender started to clean a cup and started conversation with Rhonin. "Have you heard about the man in the well?" he said.
"Old man, I have no time for your storys," Rhonin said taking a gulp of his drink. "Oh, but they are true, A man named Xanlok jumped in there." "...So, if what your saying is true this man was suicidle and jumped in the well to kill himself?" Rhonin said chuckling. "Aye, but this is no game, he went to get a very valuable amulet," he said expecting the glass for dirt markes.
As Rhonin got up he drank the last of his ale. "Thanks old man you gave me something to look forward to," he said walking away. Rhonin took a brief trip to his house he grabbed some herbs, and arrows and walked toward the Keldrin well. On the way he was stopped by a gang pf theives. There were three of them, all goblins. Rhonin unsheathed his sword and prepared for battle. The first goblin jumped at him Rhonin blocked his attack with his sword the other one jumped at him he kicked the goblin that just attacked and jumped back the second goblin missed. Rhonin threw his sword in a downward diagnal and ran toward the second goblin. The goblin hesitated he just stared at death. Rhonin jumped and made a horizontal slash. He looked down at the goblins head. He turned to thw 1st one... Were's that third one? The moment he thought of it a goblin jumped on his back sticking his knife in his left arm. Rhonin threw him off with his right hand and reached down for his sword just then the second runt dashed toward him. Rhonin hit the ground thin kicked at the goblins legs making it hit the ground. He grabbed his sword and jumped up. He dashed at the third one jumped up and came down digging his sword into the goblins head. It took him a while to get it out of its head then ran after the other runt the runt jumped at him fixing to land on Rhonins head then Rhonin thrusted his sword toward the runt sticking his sword through its torso. When he killed them he patted them down for coins, jewels, weapons, or any valuebals. He reached in his pouch and pulled out a blue herb. He threw it in his mouth and chewed he had a look on his face that showed how nasty the herb was, but when he swallowed he let out a sigh of relief. He looked at his arm as it started to heal. At this rate it will take at least three hours to heal. He decided to carry on while his arm heals, the herbs side affects were getting to him he looked over and saw a campsite, he couldn't see clearly he was extremly tired. He stumbled over to the campsite and layed against a tree and fell asleep.

Last edited by SephirothRPG on 08-02-2001 at 07:33 PM

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 02:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SephirothRPG Click here to Send SephirothRPG a Private Message Click Here to Email SephirothRPG Find more posts by SephirothRPG Add SephirothRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Location: living in the backwoods of Montana making small letter bombs and writing a manifesto

OOC: do you mind if i join in with both of my chars?

K'neth's and Blade's view

Blade:
Darn, I didn't get a chance to do anything to them. He yells as he takes a swing with his sword at a tree and leaves a huge gash in it.

K'neth:
Looks at Blade. Let the Goblins run they will not bother us again.
I did hit one with a arrow and that will slow them down. I wish they hadn't run off the way we are going.

Blade:
Blade moves his sword so it shines in the light of the sun. If we come across them they wont escape again.

K'neth:
Laughs loadly. I don't think they are going to stop after seeing a sword whelding dragon runing at them. he says as he points at Blade.

OOC: ok Blade and K'neth are somewhere between K town and the well now back to playing mechwarrior 4 online

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 07:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Wolf Click here to Send Shadow Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Wolf Add Shadow Wolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Thumbs down Losing Patients.

Ok, im losing my cool, please post your OOC comments on teh OOC COMMENT FOR THE ROBED FIGURE POST IN GENERAL DISCUSSION OF THIS BOARD. Thank you very much.

Oh silver or someone that is a moderator would you delete the last posts besides teh story ones made by Ronin, Shadow Wolf, and myself? Thank you, would appriciate it much.

Xanlok is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 11:42 PM