Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > Robed Figure
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

A man clad in dark robes walks into town, he takes a parchment out of his pack and his dagger out of its sheath.He then walks to the bank. He throws the parchment up into the air and stabs the dagger into the top of it both going into the wall of the bank. The parchment reads...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xanlok HeartFyre, now for hire in this town. Look at the local in, leave him your first months pay with a parchment underneath it explaining the job and why you want him to do it, then knock on the door when you need his services. Ask the tavern owner which room is his. He will contact you with his reply the next day. Thank you,

Xanlok HeartFyre
------------------------------------------------------------------------

(OOC: Do whatever you want, figured it would be a good way to introduce my character, thx)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-18-2001 10:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xanlok Click here to Send Xanlok a Private Message Click Here to Email Xanlok Find more posts by Xanlok Add Xanlok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

(ooc) i'll try to get it moving

Cypher, who was in the bank looks startled by the way this hooded man made his entrance and exit. "sir, sir, SIR!" said the annoyed clerk to Cyhper, " how MUCH did you want to deposit!" Cypher, then looking startled at the clerk said, "i've changed my mind, i will not be depositing today, good day to you sir"
mabye i can get him to retreive the amulet of Phens... thought Cypher as he hastily made his way toward the inn. When Cypher enetered the Inn he immediately grabbed some parchment and had a pen which he accidentally took from the bank. He wrote out...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phens Amulet, go to the well past the mines where the goblin tides remain, go down to well to a secret area where there is a shrine to Phens, retreive the amulet which lays on the northern wall, be careful for monster as they live down there, away from the ligt of the earth, total pay is 100 gold. I need you to do this because in my old age climbing down the well is too hard and requires skill and accuracy fighting under the water, that is why i need you to do this
~Cypher Darkmage
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cypher then immediately goes to the owner and asks what room Xanlok is in. While slipping the money under the door with the parchment Cypher thinks, i hope this man can do this and immediately returns to his hut

(OOC) also, there is a huge thing underground from a well, i've been there before ^_^ in tribes rpg

EDIT:(OOC) i changed it to make it better ^_^ now you can do it

Last edited by TheKoolEagle on 05-24-2001 at 02:25 AM

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheKoolEagle Click here to Send TheKoolEagle a Private Message Click Here to Email TheKoolEagle Visit TheKoolEagle's homepage! Find more posts by TheKoolEagle Add TheKoolEagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

(ooc) heheh its alright, i changed my first post so you can go through the quest and get introduced into the trpgrp gang

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheKoolEagle Click here to Send TheKoolEagle a Private Message Click Here to Email TheKoolEagle Visit TheKoolEagle's homepage! Find more posts by TheKoolEagle Add TheKoolEagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

NPC

OOC: Uh... My first try at joinin in somethin. Yell at or delete me if it doesn't work or you don't like it.

Mere luck had befallen Fier. A man had walked into the bank and scrawled out a message. Fier, feighning indifference, was casually reading the note that was being written. But he had only caught glimpses of what was being written. The only thing that really caught his eye was the number on the paper.

Good god... He could use that many coins. Fier usually hovered around the bank, searching for someone to pickpocket as they walked around. He lived as a thief, (He wasn't very good about it) to make the small amount of money that he used to support his alcoholic habit.

Fier turned the large figure around in his head. Money had become more and more harder to come by, a select few profited in the land of Keldrin, but Fier remained on the bottom, scrounging and stealing every last coin that he could.

His quick mind made up a plan. He would follow whoever was to get the note around, follow him and wen the chance came, he would steal the prize, this Phens amulet. He would turn it in for the money.

Fier did not care what the item was, he did not care for relics. Only for the money that people who did care payed for them.

He flashed his decaying teeth as he smiled, and quickly followed the man with the note toward the inn. Upon entering, he fell in line behind the man moving toward the front desk.

"Excuse me sir, where is a cloaked man, who just entered here staying?" the man inquired, politely.

"Ah Xanlok... He has taken up residence in the fourth room to the right."

Xanlok. Fier slowly turned away from the line, trying not to draw attention to himself. This was the man he was going to follow. Feeling devilishly clever, he strolled toward the tavern, flipping his knife. It was time to buy a round, to celebrate his fortune to come.

OOC: Am I breaking any tenants here? From what I understand I am not. Remember, get rid of this if I am doin something wrong.

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 05-23-2001 04:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Postal_Service Click here to Send Postal_Service a Private Message Click Here to Email Postal_Service Find more posts by Postal_Service Add Postal_Service to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: Nothing wrong.. 10,000 coins is an amount only kings would have =]

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 05-23-2001 04:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Xanlok rose that morning to find a note and coins on his tavern floor.

"Ahh quite interesting to see this, oh yes, a job. Let me see. Phens Amulet... Hah!"

Xanlok was quietly talking to himself untill he read the amount of coins. He casted a quick spell over the note and found it was written by a wizard.

"Ahh mage kind, I see. He must be old not to beable to obtain this amulet himself, I can since his power"

Xanlok folded the note and put it in a pouch, the headed over to the bank. He had what few coins on him stolen a day before, by who he did not know.

"Banker, deposit all these coins, thank you."

Xanlok put a large bag of coins on the counter.

Xanlok headed out of the bank and started on his journey across the land. Only he planned to take a faster route. Xanlok started to chant and then set down a rose pettle and crushed it. He then spoke then final command and there was a pop and he was gone. He appeared at the mines. These mines where the goblin tide remained. He saw what looked to be an abandoned house, he camped close to the house that night...

(Ooc: okies, enough for me, sorry but I was sick and busy, someone elses turn ^_^)

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-23-2001 05:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xanlok Click here to Send Xanlok a Private Message Click Here to Email Xanlok Find more posts by Xanlok Add Xanlok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

NPC: Fier

Fier deseratlely wished he had not had that last ubersoft drink last night. His head pounded with pain. Dispite his drinking the night before, he still had managed to rise up in the morning in good enough time to see Xanlok leave the inn.

He followed Xanlok to the bank, mentally cursing the entire time. His vision wasn't as clear, and his senses were not as sharp as he would have liked them to be.

He quietly followed Xanlok after he left the bank. Fier nearly stumbled around many a turns as he played a part of the morning Keldrin crowd. Upon his exit from the town, he would have to be more careful.

He watched silently as Xanlok pulled out a rose petal. He began to chant. Fier moved closer to find out what he was saying. He was saying an incantation... but why? Even though Fier himself was not a mage, he had heard what most of the incatations meant. This one was a teleportation spell... But to where...

Xanlok suddenly disappeared from Fier's vision. Fier cursed loudly. He had lost his "guide." He slumped down, head in his hands, wishing desperatly he had not gotten drunk the night before. His groggy mind searched over the incantation that had been said. He went to... to... WHERE!

Fier began to curse loudly. "By Phen's wrath! He could have gone anywhere! To another town, to the stronghold.. where?!!! Damn it! To the port or to the mine--" as the word slipped from his mouth, he remembered what the drunken mage had told him in the tavern that night. The incantation matched. He had gone to the mine. Fier smiled, his blackened teeth shined in the spit.

His smile soon turned to a frown. The mine was quite far away. He would have to get to the mage before he left. Feir cursed again, and stood up. Checking his knife, he started to jog in the direction toward the mine.

He came within sight range of the old house by nightfall. The remains of the golbin tide were still very visible. Fier had been called a coward for not going to fight them. He didn't care, cowardance kept you alive, that is all that mattered to him.

His lungs were crying for breath as he jogged up to the house. He leaned against the house and let his breathing slow. He would stay inside the house for shelter tonight, and find the mage in the morning.

Standing up to move into the house, he suddenly found his legs would not support him. Sinking back down he resigned to sleep outside, his back to the rotting building.

OOC: I might have the distances between the mine and the town messed up. Tell me if I do.

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 05-23-2001 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Postal_Service Click here to Send Postal_Service a Private Message Click Here to Email Postal_Service Find more posts by Postal_Service Add Postal_Service to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

(OOC) a few things postal, as strider told me us common folk don't know about ubers and i don't know if teleporting is allowed in trpg

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 05-24-2001 12:43 AM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

OOC: Okay. Ubersoft is a name of an alcoholic drink. Ubers are not reguarded as fact but merely as legend under my understanding. So it is logical to name a drink after them. If they are not even legend tell me, I will change the name of the drink. And is teleporting allowed? I personally dunno... Xanlok did it.

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 05-24-2001 01:06 AM
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

(Ooc: Woopsie, well xan is a powerful mage, who doesnt like to travel by foot, didnt know it wasent allowed... sorry, I will change it if it isnt. Strider, mind popping your head into this one?)

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-24-2001 08:27 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

OOC: Its allowed, as long as you support how you learned such spells in your backstory

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 05-24-2001 04:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

So says the unlearned... Teleport is an amazing powerful, but INNACURATE spell.. You must be trained, and have been to the location you wish to go to. You must understand a good piece of the place and imagine it in your mind. Then, you will go through the disorienting process of teleportation

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 05-24-2001 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

Cypher, feeling worried the new man in town cannot handle such a grueseome task, rents a horse and starts to pace down the long stone bridge at nihgtfall.
I hope he hasn't gotten too far
When he got close to the mines he noticed several small figures moving towards the abandoned shack
uh oh, apparently the new guy is taking a break. I better help him before his head lands on a crude platterstarts galloping but when Cypher neared the house he jumped off the horse and stumbled, causing him to fall to the ground as the horse galloped away.

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 05-24-2001 11:08 PM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

Fier winced as he watched the mage fall from his horse. (Cypher: Minor Flaw: Clumsy) It was the morning and he had moved slightly away from the house. His bach ached from sleeping upright, but he endured the pain. He stayed low, hiding in a nearby bush, and watched the mage scurry around and collect what he had dropped. Unaware of what was moving farther beyond the house.

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 05-25-2001 11:56 PM
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

When Cypher picked up his staff and his bags of potions he looked up and saw a horde of goblins coming at him
easily solved thought Cypher as he reached into his pack and pulled out a bottle that had an orange liquid in it. "Here goes nothing!" Cypher shouted as he threw the potion in the middle of the group. A second later there was a big BOOM! as all the goblins were shot in all directions.
heheh stupid goblins said Cypher as he fainted from being knocked back by the explosion.

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 05-26-2001 02:14 AM
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Xanlok taken back by the sudden explosion and goblins and mage out of the darkness Xan put up his hands in defence.

Thou shall not blow me up mage!

Xan throws up one hand and a flame bursts out, but all he sees is a mage on the ground, who had fainted. Xanlok grabs some water and throws it on the old mage who immediately jumps up starteled.

Xanlok smiles, and speaks,

Ye scared me, please, sit, have a drink, I must relight the fire now.

Xanlok takes out a bottle of elven wine. He pors it into two mugs and hands one to Cypher.

So you must be Cypher, well, nice potion, but please do not scare me like that again. For next time, I will not take the time to see who it is.

Xanlok grins with a fury that is hidden inside him.

Tis good to have company, tis...

With that said, Xanlok sits back and takes a sip of his wine.

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-26-2001 02:53 AM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

Fier was shaking in his hiding place. He had just seen about a dozen and a half goblins get blown up. It looked like a lot, but the goblin's numbers had thinned since the goblin tide.

Fier calmed down and looked toward Xanlok. When was he going to get moving for that object! Now some other guy had joined him. It would be harder to follow him with two people. He had been lucky that he woke before Xanlok stepped out of the building, he would have been seen.

Still a little shaky he moved around and continued to watch what passed between Xanlok and the other strange robed figure.

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 05-26-2001 03:27 AM
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

"aye company is always nice but if i didn't throw that potion you'd be dead by now" said Cypher taking a sip of the wine. "Goblins are nasty little creatures and it would have been worse to wake up to them."
We should move along very quickly, the goblins will come in larger numbers in a matter of minutes. Too bad i lost that horse, it'll cost me good money"
Cypher said as he gave the cup back to xanlok and stood up.

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 05-27-2001 04:11 AM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

OOC: Hmm, Xan hasn't been on in a while. I try and get this rolling again.

Fier had followed the travellers all the way to the well. Night had fallen, and they were getting ready to set up camp. Now would be his chance to steal into the well, and grab the item.

Fier rubbed his grubby hands together, his bristly face pushed upward in a blackened smile. His dark eyes peered into the night and saw that the travellers had set up camp a good distance away from the well. They wouldn't hear his decent.

Fier slithered along the ground until he arrived at the edge of th well. Slowly climbing up and over the edge, he gripped onto the stones that jutted out from the ancient well. The water was below him, emitting an eerie glow, getting closer as he scaled the wall downward. He arrived at the water level and braced for the freezing water to engulf him as he lowered himself in.

To his surprise the water was warm. He dropped into the water and treaded. He had learned how to swim in the river outside of Keldrin. He used to swim there all the time before he found out that he liked getting drunk better. He could hold his breath for about a minute and a half under water.

There will probably be air pockets under water, seeing how irregularly the well is built He thought as he dove under and took a look around for the first time. To his surprise he saw an open room. Glowing aquatic plants dimly lit up the room. It was filled with... a something...

Fier's eyes widened at the sight. There infront of him was a large armored fish like being. But instead of fins it had somethings that almost resembeled, apendages...

He went back up to the surface. To catch his breath. That was quite a creature. Maybe it was harmless. He could sneak on by it and grab the object. Fier grinned. Yeah it is probably a harmless big fishy...

Dipping his head into the warm water again, he dove under and started swimming. The glowing plants reflected their light and Fier seemed to glow as he swimmed on by them. Fier was getting closer to the end of the room, where a hole went upward, and a more neatly built hallway continued downward. He figured that the hole must be an air pocket. He slowly swam past the giant fish, it's eyes glazed over in sleep.

Fier went upwards, past the fish toward the air pocket. He had plenty of time to observe the giant creature closely. It was covered in thick armor plating, with room for the joints. It's mouth was about one and a half feet wide. (about half a meter.) The mouth was open moving up and down in its sleep.

If only I had gotten some of that explosive stuff... I could put it inside that freaky fish's mouth and bam... no more fishy... He thought. His head popped above the water leven and into the air pocket. The air burst from his lungs: "GASSSPPP"

Below him, the fish came awake.

Fier caught his breath and began to dive again. Once under water he started to move toward the hallway that lead downward. Until something grabbed him from behind.

Horrified, Fier turned around. THE BEAST IS AWAKE! his mind screamed. The creature slowly brought Fier toward it's face, one of it's apendages having a grip on Fier's leg. Fier noticed that the apendage was a claw, without the sharp edges. It was a softer version. Fier looked into the creatures demon like eyes. Then, all of a sudden, the creature let him go.

So the sucker is not a man eater...

Fier began to swim toward the air pocket to catch another breath of air before he swam down the hallway. Stupid fish...

Then, without a warning, the fish slammed Fier into the wall. The wind rushed from Fier, in a brilliant spray of bubbles. the creature held him pinned against the wall of the well, stones painfully digging into Fier's back. What in Phen's... He gropped for his dagger. The monster brought up it's second claw. The remaining air flew from his lungs in an aquatic scream, as the fish tore off his left arm. The stump shot deep red blood, that diluted in the water. Fier franitically tried to escape, still pinned down, as the fish tore apart his arm in it's mouth. Pain cried from all over his body as the powerful crushing claws, went into a grip around his waist. Kicking frantically, he was brought into the monster's mouth. Fier had no time to think before his body was bit off at the waist, sending fresh blood into the already red water. A second row a teeth crushed Fier's head, and he slipped into eternal unconsiousness.

OOC: Hehehe... I have been waiting to do that for a while. Like the sea monster? I gave a hint on how to beat him... (If you don't like it tell me, I will change things.)

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 08:14 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

OOC: Scary ****.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 08:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

(OOC)lol why'd you kill him? gunna make a new guy? lol
Cypher, awoken suddenly by a rumble under him thought
what was that! it sounded like an earth quake but there is only water under here
"i better check the well and make sure nothing was damaged preventing the capture of the artifact."
When Cypher looked down the well he saw something terrible, the water was streaked with blood. "this blood is fresh... someone must have followed us here... and...tried...to...beat us to the punch..." Suddenly, Cypher looked closer to the water and saw a foot, semi-floating in the water, *Cypher pukes*, when he turned around he noticed a small bag lying near the well, a name was engraved in it, Fier. "Fier the THEIF!, he finally met hbis demise, i'm afraid my accomplises journey is only beginning... I will tell him tomorrow before he goes into the well about the tragedy"

(OOC) one prob Postal, the potions explode when the other chemical, cleverly concealed in a small glass container in the bottle breaks and explodes, if u just put it in the monsters mouth he'd just eat it lol, then MAYBE it would blow up

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 06-07-2001 09:50 PM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

OOC: Yeah, I was thinking that the fish would chew on it. Kinda like Jaws, cept in jaws the guy shot it...

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 06-08-2001 09:34 PM
SniperGnome
GoblinRunt

question?

OOC: Am i allowed to be a different type of characterlike a gnome ?

SniperGnome is offline Old Post 06-09-2001 06:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SniperGnome Click here to Send SniperGnome a Private Message Click Here to Email SniperGnome Find more posts by SniperGnome Add SniperGnome to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: Yes, you can be anything... except an Uber or some creature that doesn't belong..

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 06-09-2001 06:20 PM
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Sorry for the long delay

Xanlok watched as Cypher ran up to the camp out of breath. He only had to say two things, water and death. Xanlok had heard rumors of a monster in the sea, but he had no idea it was this powerful.

"Feir you say? The Thief?! Oh this is terrible news. Hmm, maybe I have just the spell that could get us out of this mess. Cypher, I will need your help on this so follow me"

Xanlok ran as fast as he possibly could to the well. He could still see the blood in the water.

"Old mage, I need you to do something for me. I know that your powers are great. I have heard tails. Not only do you have the power to brew such great potions im sure. But, you have the power of the elements. I am still yet a mage. Not a novice but not a Archmage such as yourself. If you could turn my fireball into a ball of lightning, or a sonic blast, I could possibly kill this thing without too much trouble, since we wont even have to get into the water because of the blast radius. Only sonic or lightning. Sonic would be best, but if you can turn it into lightning thats good enough."

Xanlok looked to Cypher for his answer... and only then would he know...

(ooc: ok im in missouri, so it might take me a bit to respond, btw Sonic is amplified in water, so it is very nasty, same with lightning, cya.)

Xanlok is offline Old Post 06-09-2001 08:23 PM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

OOC: Be careful not to destroy the well... :p

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 06-11-2001 02:03 AM
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Wink Depends...

(OOC: Depends if we can do this , arch mages have the ability most of the time to change the element of the spell, if he cannot do this, then there is no worry, I will send a lightning bolt down it instead, fry the sucker. But, if he can do this, would rock . Lightning is a better idea than sonic, but I was giving him both choices. :P.)

Xanlok is offline Old Post 06-11-2001 04:42 AM
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

(OOC) ya know i like the idea of the fish going boomy from a potion, also, my guy isn't a powerful mage, he can basically do fireballs and icespikes, he is more of an alchemist, hes an old man with weak powers, back in his day he had more power though

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 06-11-2001 05:09 PM
SniperGnome
GoblinRunt

?can I?

OOC: I got my character made. His name is Ganon. Go check it out and tell me if i can join in on the story.

SniperGnome is offline Old Post 06-11-2001 05:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SniperGnome Click here to Send SniperGnome a Private Message Click Here to Email SniperGnome Find more posts by SniperGnome Add SniperGnome to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheKoolEagle
GoblinWizard

"Look yonder! tis my horse! i must go fetch it" Cypher said to Xanlok, who was looking puzzled because he just asked him to do something quite serious.
i cannot let him know i am not a powerful wizard, if he found out he could walk all over me
Cypher strated running towards the horse and quickly got on top of it. "I will be back in a day, you may wait for me or you may go ahead, I must return this horse, i do not have enough money to pay the cost of him, I will be back though!" Cypher shouted as he rode back up towards te mines. Unfortunately, Cypher left all of his things laying around the campsite, including his explosive potions.
(OOC) xan use my explosive potions to subdue the sea creature,

Last edited by TheKoolEagle on 06-16-2001 at 05:54 AM

TheKoolEagle is offline Old Post 06-11-2001 05:39 PM