Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > One last job
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

One last job

Grey thought to himself "one last job, and im free, one last job and that ends my contract with the ethren scum" When grey was little, ever since he could remember, his father taught him to wield a sword. Over the years he was thought the best of the best, untill his dad was slaughtred in the unknown zone. He was orpahed, at the age of 12. One day he was collecting firewood for the keldrin elder, then he was kidnapt by etherens and forced to be thier slave. they taught him to be and behave like a thief, but deep in his heart, he new he was a warrior. The ethrens aggreed to let him free after 300 sucessful raids. he had 1 more and it was his toughest. Raid kelrdrin of its gold stockpile. Grey walked out of the ethren gate, and silently sliped into the river. he made his way to the keldrin dock, but there was a team of fisherman ready to go out. He remembered the ethren leaders words "kill anyone and anything you can Grey, and you will be very awarded" Grey took a deep breath and ran, the fisherman didnt even see him or hear him, his short sword slashed silently through thier body's.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 09:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Grey Fox Click here to Send Grey Fox a Private Message Click Here to Email Grey Fox Find more posts by Grey Fox Add Grey Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

capter2:

Grey slowly crawled to the keldrin gate...he heard 2 gaurds snoring in the hut next to it. Grey slowly greased the gate, it looked old and rusty, it would shurly squek. He opend it slowly, sliped inside and closed it. He hid among the twilite shadows..looking around for anything moving. He saw 3 partolling gaurds..he timed there pattern which they where walking and sliped past them. He neared the warehouse where the gold was..untill he heard a gasp from behind, there was a shadow, and i was about to run. Grey moved swiftly and pinned the person against the wall, covering his mouth, and raising his dagger for the kill. But a flicker of light passed in the shadows from a lantern...and he saw a woman with tears in her eye's, pleading with him not to kill her. Grey stared into her eyes's..not moving. He had to do it..but he couldnt. He felt wetness on his cheeks...what? He was crying! Grey started to move his hand down..but an unknown force kept resisting. Then he stabbed down...and the dagger pierced the stone next to her head. Grey twisted her around and wispered, "Run back to your house! NOW! And tell none of this! Or i will kill you" She nodded her head slowly, then grey released her, and she ran into a house. Grey slid down the stone wall...sobbing in his hands...he couldt do it...he could not complete his last job. he got up, and ran away from keldrin. He was worried...if he didnt return by the next sunset, his master would send soldiers to kill him, but if he returned without the gold, his master would kill him...he had no coice but to run away and camp for the next day to think.

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 10:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Grey Fox Click here to Send Grey Fox a Private Message Click Here to Email Grey Fox Find more posts by Grey Fox Add Grey Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

Chap3. New beginings

Grey awoke to the sound of rain. He looked out of his tent...it was freezing cold. Grey sat down by his fire and thought "ive gatta find a place to stay..but not out here" he look twards keldrin..and though "i could go there..no one knows me..but that girl...ill just have to take that risk." Grey packed up and headed for keldrin. He put on his cloak of the Shamed Ones(read char), and started running. He arived at keldrin and checked into an in. he unpacked and headed for the bar. When grey entered everyone looked at him. He saw thier recognition of his cloak. He sat down, and the people next to him moved over a chair...he didnt care. "bartender?"
"yes" he said.
"give me the strongest thing u got"
"ok..that would be 6 geld sir"
Grey slapped the money down and grabbed the ale and took a sip. He started looking around the bar...trolls...miners..worriers..grizzled old wizards. Then he saw the girl..the girl from last night! He drank the ale and started to fell the affects..he could never hold his liqure for long. He got up and walked to her table and sat down. "Hi" she looked up and gasped
"its..its...its you!"
"sorry bout last night...."
"....."
"whats your name?"
"Ia..Iana Silvenburg"
Just then a huge orc ruffien stepped into the bar and looked at Grey and charged.

(ok...u guys can take over)

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 12:41 PM
Arc-DRG-
GoblinThief

Arc dusted two fingers across a stone wall that had been chipped the night before.
"Someone attempted a murder here recently..." he whispered to himself.
He couldn't understand what could have caused anyone to want to murder another townsperson in Keldrin, but he kept examining the crest for clues. After a while he decided to give up, all he could find was a piece of a dagger or blade still stuck in the wall.
Arc walked to up to King Arthur's palace, near the ancient crypt to report the incident.
"Sire," Arc said softly, "I have some startling news."
"Speak of it!" Arthur replied.
"There may have been an attemptive murder last night. I found a chipped stone wall with a peice of some sort of blade still stuck in it. What is your desire..?"
"Inquire about the stone and see if any one is missing."
"As you wish..."
Arc left to go back to Keldrin, but ended up stumbling upon an abandoned tent. He decided to investigate the tent, before destroying it, yet stumbled upon something that would hopefully close the mystery much faster.
He had found a short sword with a piece of the tip chipped off. Arc was very excited and ran straight to Keldrin with the blade. He grabbed the chipped piece of blade form the wall and placed it onto the blade perfectly. He had found a perfect match.
Arc now figured all he had to do was find the blades owner, but decided to have a celebrational drink first... As he walked into the tavern, he was thrown across the room by an emense force. As he hit the wall, he felt a sharp pain in his head... and then he lost conscienceness...

Arc-DRG- is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 12:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arc-DRG- Click here to Send Arc-DRG- a Private Message Click Here to Email Arc-DRG- Visit Arc-DRG-'s homepage! Find more posts by Arc-DRG- Add Arc-DRG- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

Grey was about to be punched into dust untill a newcomer came in...the orc hesitated, spun around and clubbed the man in the head with his fists. Grey reached for his short sword, but didnt find it in its sheath..."dammit! i left it with my tent!" Grey reached inside of his pocket and withdrew some blinding powder, and chucked it into the orcs face. The orc screamed and stood still blinking his eye's. Grey looked at he newcomer, and he noticed a short sword by his side...his short sword! Grey grabbed it and slit the things neck. Grey silently shivered..he almost had succomed to bloodrath....bloodrath is when you know nothing but battle, and see red, no enemy's or freindli's, only dark shapes. Grey kicked the man and he grunted. "good..he is still alive" Grey thought. Grey looked at where Iana was sitting..but she was gone.

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 12:52 AM
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

Off topic(common..i dont want this story to die)

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 08:04 PM
Arc-DRG-
GoblinThief

When Arc had awoken, he felt a great pain. The creature must have hit him quite hard. Arc reached to his side before thinking about anything else to get the dagger, but it was gone.
"Who took that sword from me!" He exclaimed.
He noticed a women try to sneak out as he was speaking, so he decided to chase after her. As soon as she saw the guard chasing her, she ran as fast as she could. She had ran into a house at one point and baracaded the door.
Without hesitation, Arc climbed onto the roof of the hut and broke a hole into it for him to go through. He hit the ground in a kneeling pose, and surveyed the house. It seemed empty. Yet just as he got up, he was struck in the back with a wooden sword!
Arc quickly drew out his long sword to defend himself. The woman was actually crying while attacking him!
Arc simply parried, parried, and parried until she was to exhausted to swing at him anymore.
He looked at the woman as she lay somewhat lifeless on the floor.
"Get up." he said, "I know you aren't that weak."
"I... I... I can't tell!" the woman said trembling, "If I tell you who did it, He shall kill me, but if I don't, you'll do the same!"
"So it seems we are at an impass... It was an order of King Arthurs to find a murderer that used that blade that was taken from me. If you tell me who it was, I will put you in a safe place until the culprit is found..."
"but..."
"Whats better, a life in the dungeon or a life with a chance..?"
"Life with a chance... I guess..."
"Then could you please tell me who took that sword..?"
"I don't know exactly who, he never told me his name... but he wears a dark cloak... and upclose his face looks like Grey the dreaded!"
"Grey the dreaded... is that what commoners call him? Well... if this is Grey indeed, then I have a serious problem on my hands..."

(ooc) no clue how to finish this...

Arc-DRG- is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 11:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arc-DRG- Click here to Send Arc-DRG- a Private Message Click Here to Email Arc-DRG- Visit Arc-DRG-'s homepage! Find more posts by Arc-DRG- Add Arc-DRG- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

(off topic) Nooooo story dieing...

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 08-13-2001 06:26 AM
Grey Fox
GoblinRunt

*BUMP!*

Grey Fox is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 01:59 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

OOC: Grey I'm sorry but I think you've lost him. Now let's say a little prayer for our dear departed friend, One Last Job. Amen. Anyways, I was a little late to add onto this story, but if you would like to start a new one, I will be glad to help it get going. Just send me a Private Message if you do start a new one, and I'll be there, because I know the feeling of having your story die on you ... (quietly remembers The Black Ring, but doesn't want to bring up those issues again because he knows he was wrong) ... so anyways , um , what was I saying?

Oh yeah! Start a new thread and I'll be right behind you buddy. No matter what the plot is, I'll keep it moving.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 01:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote