Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > The Black Ring (Redux)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
croaton
GoblinThief

The Black Ring (Redux)

OOC: This post might anger Strider, but just let me say "I'm Sorry" for what happened last time The Black Ring got written. This one will not follow the same story-line as the first one, and I'll be sure to try and follow your History, Storymaster. Also, this post is completly open, so jump in at any time. However, if your addition does not follow the plot of the story or just makes no sense, then I will kindly ask Strider or another moderator to delete it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

croaton is offline Old Post 09-02-2001 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

George slammed his fists down on the table, rocking it with mighty strength and almost breaking it in half. He face stuck out from his neck, directly at the man on the other side, the man named Aamon who had been hired to lead them.

"You're a terrible leader!" George shouted at him, the veins in his forehead beginning to show and his skin turning beat red. The man, Aamon, slowly took out his handkercheif and wiped the spit from his face, and folded it back up and smiled.

"Why do you say that, George?" Aamon asked him.

"What do you mean, 'Why do I say that?' It's only been two weeks and we're already twenty miles off the map! THREE men have already died! Two from malnutrition and one from bear attack! BEAR ATTACK! Who leads their men through a forest filled with hungry bears?! WHO?" George shouted again, unable to control the quiver in his voice. Eventhough George was a massive man who could rip the jaw off an orc, he still had fear for Aamon.

"Who leads his men through a bear-forest?" Aamon responded, repeating the question to himself and confusing George.

"Yeah! Who?" George shot back.

Aamon bit down hard into his lower lip and slammed both his hands down on the table, bringing himself up and out of his chair, and leaning toward George. He did not stop until their noses where touching. They stood hunched over the table like that for a moment, until George backed up.

"I DO!" Aamon suddenly shouted, causing George to tumble backwards. "AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, LEAVE! NOW GET OUT OF MY TENT!" Aamon snapped his jaw shut, and sat down once more, this time with no intent of getting back up. George felt tears coming on, but he managed to hold them back as he burst through the tent, his arms flailing in the air as he rain. For such a massive barbarian, he looked like a bit of a dandy.

George stopped at a log and sat down, looking over the small camp that he and the others had managed to build only one night before when Aamon had told them to. George and the others had hired Aamon to lead them to a supposedly "lost temple" that he had told them about one night in the Keldrin Pub.

He had said, "I been there, and I can seen it. If any of youse guys wants to come with me, you each gotta pay me a lotta gold." So everyone who wanted to go had paid him to be their guide, and now it appeared he was guiding them into the middle of nowhere. George didn't even remember how much gold he had paid for this, in fact he couldn't remember a lot of things these days, but he knew that it wasn't worth it.

Looking for some lost temple and getting lost yourself was not George's idea of a good time. His idea of a good time was entertaining people at the arena in Keldrin, because afterwards everyone would buy him drinks. He liked it when people bought him drinks, because then that way he didn't have to bumble with the money. Secretly, George had never learned to read, write or count.

His innermost thoughts where interrupted when somebody shouted something from the centre of the camp.

croaton is offline Old Post 09-02-2001 03:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Location: living in the backwoods of Montana making small letter bombs and writing a manifesto

K'neth and Blade had come upon a large camp and were watching it. I would like to know why they are all the way out here, said K'neth. Don't ask me you humans do some weird stuff, said Blade. Stay here I'm going to see if I can talk to them, said K'neth as he pulls out his long bow and walks out into the clearing.

Last edited by Shadow Wolf on 09-05-2001 at 09:17 PM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 09-02-2001 03:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Wolf Click here to Send Shadow Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Wolf Add Shadow Wolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

"RANGER!" Someone was shouting, George could hear it much more clearly now. "RANGER APPROACHING!"

The man scattered to equip themselves with their weaponry, in preperation for what would seem like an ambush. Aamon was out of the tent now, running his fingers through his hair and barking orders with his other hand.

"SCATTER! REGROUP! OFFENSIVE ... NO, FLANK!" He was shouting, but no one was really listening to him, seeing as most of the men where running to hide, not running to get their weapons. George grabbed Aamon and pulled him close up to his face, lifting his feet off the ground.

"It's only one man." Geroge told him. "It's not an ambush."

Aamon was ready to push George back and verbally assault him, but then he stopped and glanced over onto the gnoll where the lone man and his long-bow was approaching the camp. Aamon turned back to George, who gave him a look that seemed to say, "Do you see it more clearly now?"

Aamon pressed his palm against George's fore-head and pushed him backwards, once again shouting orders, only this time they where much softer.

"It's only one man! Somebody find out what he wants ... then kill him." Aamon shouted to the mass of soldiers, who seemed to understand and all nodded silently, now that they had realised there was no danger.

"YOU CAN'T KILL HIM!" George shouted.

croaton is offline Old Post 09-03-2001 09:44 PM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Location: living in the backwoods of Montana making small letter bombs and writing a manifesto

Not good. Blade a little help here!, said K'neth. The bushs shake as Blade comes out. Blade draws his sword all nine feet of it gleaming in the light.

YOU CAN'T KILL HIM!

K'neth holds a hand up to Blade. Blade hold a sec, said K'neth. I think I just scared them. So I had to draw my sword for nothing, said Blade as he leans on the hilt. SORRY ABOUT THAT!, yelled K'neth. Blade put your sword up, said K'neth. Blade puts up his sword. I can smell food, said Blade. Is all you think of is food? said K'neth.

Last edited by Shadow Wolf on 09-05-2001 at 09:17 PM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 09-03-2001 10:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Wolf Click here to Send Shadow Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Wolf Add Shadow Wolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

Aamon shouted out to the stranger and "his" dragon, but felt no need to present himself at the front of the group, knowing that if he did, he would most likely be the first one killed.

"Sorry?! Sorry about your ambush on our camp?" He shouted.

The men around him all began to nod, seeing now that this was only one man and a dragon. This wouldn't be too difficult to fight, and so everyone had begun to itch for a battle. George could see this now, and needed to do something quickly, so he began to push past Aamon, and make his way to the front of the group.

croaton is offline Old Post 09-05-2001 09:47 PM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

ambush! ah! if this was a ambush you all be dead now, said K'neth. Holding up the bow. I would not have need to step out of the woods I would have just shot from where I was, said K'neth. Do you think your sheilds and swords would hold up to my sword!, said Blade, as he draws his sword again and works the blade briefly through a few exercises. K'neth steps out of the way of Blade's sword and notchs a arrow but keeps it pointed at the ground.

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 09-05-2001 10:41 PM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Rhonin stood at the entrance of the castle keeping watch... for anything. He was about to fall asleep untill he remmembered the concecuinces and made hiself stay awake. Being one of the Holy Knights of Keldrin he had to keep his reputation. He sat and thought about his dutys as being the Holy Knight and how the people like him when a soldier grabbed him by the soldier. "Uhhh... sir, you need to report to the castle for briefing," said the soldier. "Well... would you know why?" Rhonin said. "Sorry, no," said the soldier. Rhonin walked to the throne perked up now. When he got in the throne room he threw on his best act and knelt to the king. "Sir?" Rhonin said in a deep voice. "I need you to investigate for me... It seems there are people smuggling weapons into Keldrin." said the king. "Well, were do you want me to check out?" Rhonin asked. "There is a place that is beleived to be there smuggling grounds, so I'll give you a map a hand full of soldiers and go check it out," the king said. "Yes sir!" Rhonin said in a gleefull way. As he headed to the woods with his men he couldn't help to think of all the recagnition he'd get if he caught them.

OCC Ok... I'll do some later. Got to go to school!

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 09-06-2001 12:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SephirothRPG Click here to Send SephirothRPG a Private Message Click Here to Email SephirothRPG Find more posts by SephirothRPG Add SephirothRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

George stepped forward from the group, hearing the arrogant remarks of the interlopers, not knowing what they might mistakenly invoke. He heard some of the others gasp as he began to leave the group of approach the Ranger and the Dragon.

"GEORGE JACK! GET BACK HERE!" Aamon yelled.

"No!" George shouted back.

He finally stopped when he was only a few feet away from the duo, and he stuck his hand out and smiled in a friendly fashion.

"Hello, my name is George. Who might you be?"

croaton is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 08:55 PM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

I am K'neth Lind, said K'neth as he puts up the arrow. I am Blade of Bea, as he looks at the man standing in front of him. You look like your lost, K'neth pulls the map case out. Unless your heading to that temple then your going the right way. Blade puts up his sword, I have seen bandits in the area so look out. K'neth pulls a map out of the case, do you have a table?

-If I were you I would run. If you were me you would be good looking.
-You've just hit rock bottom and you're only starting to dig.

God Bless America

If you post something great we'll use it and abuse it!

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 03:19 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

"We most certainly do." George replied. He turned to motion his hand toward the camp, but saw that Aamon was already preparing the troops for some sort of counter-attack. Everyone was moving to cover behind crates and logs as he stood behind them and waved his hands madly.

"On second thought," George changed his mind, "why don't we find someplace a little more friendly?"

croaton is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 01:11 PM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

K'neth looks over at the camp. Er then here will do. He unrolls the big map and sets it on the ground. Picking up 4 nice sized rocks and sets them on the corners of the map. Using his bow as a pointer. This is where the temple, pointing at a large red X. These smaller Xs are ruins I found. There is an old road runing from the temple this way, He runs the bow across the map. We are about here, the road is only 20 yards from where Me and Blade came onto you and your camp. We where following it when we heard yelling and found your camp. These ruins here, points to a red X thats is near where the camp is. Is where I found this, pulls out a 6 in. tall pure gold figure and drops it on the middle of the map the sun makes it appear to glow. That, points to the figure, was just siting on top of the ground. Picks it up and hands it to George, I have no use for it.

(ok you can discribe what is on it any way you want :p)

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 09:09 PM