Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > The Campaign of Kergulla
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

When the stranger left Krasus turned his attention back to his friend pinned down. He held up his hand and waited for him to get a good aim. He murmered somewords of power and shot an icicle out. It was very thin, but extremly sharp. It darted threw the soldiers head. When the soldier was down Preston knocked the other one to the ground. He picked up his axe and let it fall will tremendouse velocity. It gashed into his chest leaving a cut that went chest to back. Krasus looked at Sean standing over three bodies that he obviously killed. "There are going to be more soldiers coming, we can't win at this rate. Lets go, we will win next time!" Krasus said. Krasus grabbed Sean and teleported them. They were teleported outside a house a little way away from population. Krasus got up and started walking. His eyes darted around for any enemy presence. When he thought it was safe he tripped on a rock falling and bashing his head on the ground. Laying back he rubbed his head and found a splinter. He observed it and then felt around were his head his. He found a trap door. Krasus pulled it open and stepped in.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-04-2001 07:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SephirothRPG Click here to Send SephirothRPG a Private Message Click Here to Email SephirothRPG Find more posts by SephirothRPG Add SephirothRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

OOC: I was away for 3 days and suddenly there's a battle!

Sean sat on a rock as Krasus strolled off, thinking back on the battle. Everything was a blur and it was hard to makes heads and tails out of anything that had just happened. The man in blue, was ... something, there was something important about him, but that's all that Sean could piece together. There where other things he needed to remember, like who the man was, and why exactly he was important.

More importantly, he needed remember what had become of Kergulla. There was an assassin, the man in the blue, who had shot Kergulla with a dart. This dart may or may not have killed him, Sean could not think back on it.

Preston leaned over and saw Sean rubbing his temples to try and revive his memory.

"Knocked out durin' the battle?" Preston asked him.

"My memory, sometimes it ... it slips." Sean told him.

Sean heard a loud clunk somewhere in the distance, but he assumed it was Krasus doing something and continued to revive his memory.

"So, where abouts ah you from?" Preston asked Sean again, this time muffled by the cloth wiping the blood from his face.

"I am originally from Keldrin actually, but I've been tracking Kergulla for almost seven years now. I'm always on the run, always moving with him, trying to stop him. His dark side." Sean replied.

"So whats this Kergulla do to deserve an enermy like you?" Preston asked him again, curious as to the origins of this mysterious and complicated assassin.

"I saw him kill his family, his parents actually. I didn't do anything, I ... I should have done something, but I didn't." Sean said. His smooth motions on his temples turned rigid and violent. He began to rock back and forth. "Should have done something. But I didn't do anything. I didn't do anything."

Sean's fingers dug into his head, he began to scream.

Preston rushed over to him and pried his hands away from his head, then layed Sean down on the ground, watching his body tremor on the dirt. Krasus came up behind him with wonderment on his face, but stopped when he saw Sean.

"What's wrong with him? Is it from the fight?" Krasus asked.

"I donno! He just started shaking like this!" Preston shouted. "Like he did in the mines, but it's worse this time. Maybe he's got some sickness, you know? In the head."

Sean slowly stopped shaking, and put another herb in his mouth.

His memory had returned to him ... every little detail.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

"...You alright?" Krasus asked while checking for any injurys. "Y,yeah I'm alright," he said. Krasus looked over to the direction of the trap door. "Well, I'm gonna have to take your word on this. Hey, theres a trap door over there... I thin we should check it out," he said. Sean sat up and looked over in the direction of that Krasus was looking in. "What do you think this means?" Sean asked getting up. "I'm not sure... but I don't think someone would put a trap door for an entrance to therre house,"Krasus said. "Well we better ge' goin," Preston said reaching for his pack. They all got up and headed toward the trap door.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SephirothRPG Click here to Send SephirothRPG a Private Message Click Here to Email SephirothRPG Find more posts by SephirothRPG Add SephirothRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

Sean followed closely behind the two of them now, waiting for his chance to get away. When it was clear he would run again, off to find Kergulla and running away from himself. He couldn't get close to anyone because ... just because he couldn't, and he had his own reasons. The "pawns" where turning into friends, and perhaps the true enemies.

As they came to the trap door, the three spread out and each took a chance opening the door slowly and peering down into the darkness below. Preston and Krasus where eager to dive down into a quest and pull out some treasure, but Sean was not so optimistic.

"Let's head down!" Krasus said, excited now.

"No. You have your quest, I've got to go find Kergulla." Sean told them, and they looked surprised. While waiting for them to reply to his attempt to distance himself from the group, Sean looked past Preston and into the trees where he saw a tent and a man sleeping. He didn't bother to tell Krasus or Preston, perhaps this could further play into his hands.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 03:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus jumped in and looked around for anything valuable. He picked up a jar and was about to open it when Sean told him he was leaving. "Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked. "Yes..." Sean said pulling hiself up. "Well, I'm sure we'll meet again. As Sean walked away toward Keldrin, Krasus opened the jar and a map fell out. He opened it up and observed it. "What is it?" Preston asked. "It,It's a map," he said. "To what?" he asked. "To the Keldrin mine, it has to do something with the goblin's lair..." he said. "Hmmm... do you think that this is..." Preston said being stopped in the end of the sentence. They looked around and saw two Keldrin gaurds.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 08:18 PM
Anfini
GoblinRunt

Out of Character...
The "trap door" was actually intentioned to be just a small storage space to hold things, like the books Anfini pulled out. But, if you want to step "inside," it's fine with me. =) I've just got to figure out what use Anfini would have for a secret room. And now, on top of that, I have to figure out a use for a map of the Goblin area of the mine! You really love to make me work...

In Character...
Anfini awoke with a start. A light sleeper by nature, he heard the sounds of commotion that shouldn't have been going on in those hours of the morning. He unpitched his tent and ran under the cover of darkness back to the town.

Using his keen sense of hearing, he followed the noise until he pinpointed the house from which they were coming - his own. The door was broken down, and there appeared to be a battle going on inside. Anfini drew and nocked an arrow, and in an instant, a soldier fell dead, an arrow piercing his jugular vein. Startled, the other soldier turned around, at which point, he recieved an arrow through his chest.

Anfini then drew and nocked another arrow and pointed it at the rest of the people in the house. "There are consequences for trespassing. You have fifteen seconds to explain your reasons why you are in my house," the ranger said with a calm and powerful voice, as he stepped through the doorway. "And, I'd better like them, or you'll join those guards in hell."

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 05:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Anfini Click here to Send Anfini a Private Message Click Here to Email Anfini Find more posts by Anfini Add Anfini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus turned around to see the stranger from Keldrin pointing an arrow at him. "Hmmm... want to kill me?" Krasus said calmly. "Go for it, but I do warn you I casted a spell on me if I die the 300square feet blow up along with you," he said. "Are you serious!?" Preston whispered in his ear so the stranger didn't hear. "No, not even I have that power," he replied in a lower whisper. The stranger lowered his aim. "Better, now what are you doing here?" he asked rubbing his head. "You shouldn't be intruding!" he said raising his aim. "Hm? And what are you doing with this?" he asked pulling out the map. He looked at it... "Th,this isn't mine." he replied looking back at Krasus. "It must have been bottle up by the gaurds... it looked like they were taking a nap in your storage unit..." Krasus said looking at the dead bodies. "..." Krasus walked over to the dead bodies he frisked them for money weapons or anything. Preston found something on one of the soldiers. He picked it up and put it in the light. It', it's a potion? No, its too thick to be that OR any in mater of fact," Krasus said. The stranger poured a dab on his finger rubbed his fingers together and sniffed. "This is goblin blood!" he yelled jumping back. "What!?" Krasus dropped the vile nd fell on his butt. The bottle busted and a strange aroma broke loose. In about 30minuts they heard little whispers. The all looked around untill a goblin jumped out and ran at them. Preston dashed at the first one and swung he was too late to kill him becouse the ranger hit him with an arrow killing it before Preston could do naything.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 06:06 AM
Anfini
GoblinRunt

The goblin lay still on the floor. The smell faded, as did the shock of a goblin coming out of nowhere.

"Alright," the stranger said. "I want to know just what the hell is going on with you three. First, you try to engage the whole town in battle, and damn near get yourself killed. And then, I find you here, in my house, cornered by the guards," the stranger continued. "I thought you might have been a covert operation, but then you pull a stunt like dropping a vial of goblin blood."

Anfini picked up his door from the ground, and leaned it against the doorway so that it looked like an attached closed door. "Now, we're going to sit here, and you're going to explain to me, thoroughly, why the hell you choose to act like such imbeciles," the stranger said with an aura of authority in his voice. "Let's start with names, shall we?" The stranger smiled a sarcastic grin and crouched down to the floor.

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 07:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Anfini Click here to Send Anfini a Private Message Click Here to Email Anfini Find more posts by Anfini Add Anfini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

(Please don't swear by hell or whatever... There is no real hell in IS, you just die. If you want to swear, swear by something in character, like 'By Phen's shining robes' or 'Norumen, forgive us!'. You get the idea? Thanks. Good roleplaying Anfini.)

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 05:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Ok, his name is Preston and my name is Krasus..." he said. "...My name is Sean," he said. "Now why are you doing such foolish acts?" he asked lookeing up at them. Krasus looked down at the ground and started to think of a lie. "Well?" he said. "Ok, to tell you the truth were after a guy named Kergulla, he said lifting his head up looking in the sky. "Why?" he asked getting up. "C,can't you feel how evil he is? He stood there and killed his own parents... That's cold. If you can do that what other evil plans could he be up to? I,I for one am not going to sit around and watch him manipulate Keldrin to do his work!" he said.

"..."Krasus looked over at Sean then leaned against a tree. "Well, does my story pass?" he asked. "..." "Well, I going to go kill him if your willing to join, join we need a good ranger to help us track him down for the time being.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 06:38 PM
Anfini
GoblinRunt

Out of Character...
Sorry for the outburst. I liked the line, it had nice effect, most of which is lost when subsituted for the word "heck." "And, I'd better like them, or you'll join those guards in heck." It just didn't sound right. =) I'll just avoid statements like that altogether in the future. By the way, thanks for the compliment.

In Character
"I am called Anfini." Preston looked at him with suspicous eyes. "Wha? No las' name, no nothin'? Who ah ya? Where ya from? Why d'ya have dat secret room? How'd ya get so good at the shootin'?" As Preston bombarded him with questions, Anfini just held up a hand, cutting him off. "I am called Anfini. That is all that you need to know." Preston did not appear satisfied, but kept quiet.

"And as for joining you, my time is too occupied by other matters to going on this fool's errand. If I choose, I may join later."

Krasus was annoyed. "We don't have time to wait around for a decision!"

"I never said anything about waiting," Anfini said. "If I choose to join, I will find you." Anfini stood up and slung his bow back over his shoulder. "No more discussion. Now, get out of my house. I have work to do."

Krasus seemed about to object, but decided against it. Instead, he stepped outside without a word. Preston and Sean followed suit.

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 01:28 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

STOP IT! STOP IT SEAN!

Sean smiled and followed the others, almost finding himself caught up in the strange happenings of maps and goblins and such, but he had to get going and he had to move fast. Kergulla was not dead, and he was closer now.

DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP WITH THESE MEN, SEAN.
DO NOT FORGET KERGULLA.
YOU CANNOT FORGET KERGULLA.

Sean's head ached. This time was much worse than anything it had ever been before. His memory was returning to him, the battle had sparked a long quiet emotion. He stumbled and put his hand against the wall of Anfini's home for stability. Krasus continued but Preston stopped in his tracks and turned to Sean.

"Ah you okay?" Preston asked him, but Sean did not reply.

"What's slowing us down, let's head out." Krasus shouted back at them. Sean's head was surging with blinding white pain and he was nearly in tears now. Preston walked slowly over to Krasus and whispered to his friend.

"Can't you see, this one's got a bad problem." Preston told him.

"He's the one most bent on finding Kergulla, so he's most welcome on this endevour." Krasus replied, watching Sean put an herb in his mouth and bite down hard on his white knuckles.

"Look's like a stomach cramp to me." Preston chimed in.

Anfini was watching from the darkness, not saying a word.

ASK THEM SEAN. ASK THEM!

"What are we ... ungh ... doing now? I guess I ... ungh ... missed that. Sorry guys. Are we going for ... ah ... Kergulla or finding out why this ... och ... map is of ... UGH ... importance." Sean told them, faking an innocent smile.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 02:10 AM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

After seing the sarcastic smile Krasus wanted to postpone the jopurney to help him out. He knew Sean would deny this choice so he just stared and looked at him. "Well, I don't know about importance, but it will help us navigate around in the mines and give us an idea were there headed," he said. "...?" Sean looked at him curiously. "Well, look. That spot right there has a green dot and is signed Goblin's Lair under it. Don't you think it has some importance?" he asked. "Yeah I gue... UNG... ss...unge... AAAAAA!" Sean said falling unconsios in the middle of the sentence. "Sean! Sean! What the hell happend!?" Krasus yelled at the lifeless body. Preston checked to make shure hes alive. "Well, his breathing," he said hopelessly. Krasus got on hi knees and started to cast all the antidote, heal, and anything that would help on him.... nothing. When Krasus was getting tired and had little mana it snapped he reached into Seans pouch and pulled out an herb. Krasus sniffed it turning it down when he did. "Yuk! I hope it tasts better than it smells," he said placing it in Seans mouth forcing him to swallow. Sean sat up rubbing his temples furiously.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 05:28 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

OOC: Sorry I have a tendency for long posts. :(

IC:
A small house, nestled into the cliffs of Keldrin. A young girl ran through the fields, joy in her eyes and wonder in her tone. A woman hung clothing on the line. A man mummbled to himself and wrote down poetry, cirlcing the deck of the house. A boy sat in the field, idle and quiet, an evil brewing inside him. Nothing.

Sean opened his eyes slowly to stare up at the dark sky. Krasus was above him as well as Preston, and Anfini was still watching but distant from the group. He knew these men, and he knew them well, or so his mind told him. His instinct as a shadow told him otherwise. He sat up slowly and noticed that someone had gone through his pouch, and he could taste Miidan on his lips. These men, who he did or did not know, had saved his life because of their knowledge of the herb, Miidan. They must be friends.

Sean stood up and stuck his hand out to Krasus, then tried to force a smile. For reasons unknown his body did not let him smile. Perhaps it was simply weakness from the seizure, or perhaps something else. Something much deeper.

"So ... " he let the pieces fit themselves, " ... Krason ... Krasus! So Krasus, where are we of to now?"

Krasus seemed at shock, but the other one, Preston did not. Sean was breaking role, becoming a new character right in front of their eyes and it was no fault of his own. Something had triggered his memory, and all the thoughts he had tried so hard to repress. Now it was going to be a struggle to keep everything level. He couldn't tell them about his inner battle, no matter how close of friends they were, because he didn't tell anyone. Ever.

"I don't remember much about today, because sometimes my memory is a little ... " Sean couldn't finish his sentence, before Preston butt in.

"A little off." Preston finished.

"Yes, I've told you this before haven't I?" Sean's short-term was beginning to warm up now. This man was Preston, friend to Krasus. They had met in Keldrin Town ... no, they had met in the mines. Yes, Keldrin Mines! Sean was persuing Kergulla and they were helping him. That's where they were going, they were going to get Kergulla! Sean had the ball rolling now.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 05:58 AM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

When Sean recalled the past it was already getting dark, so they decided to pitch a tent, and make some fire. When everything was done Krasus pulled out a bcakpack that was hidden under his robe.

He let it open when dried meat, fruits, and a big pouch of elven wine came out. Preston strarted to poke at the fire with a stick. When Krasus sat down by Preston he whispered something in his ear then got up and sat by Sean. He offered his rations for dinner that night. They all at the rations there was none left.

In the morning Krasus woke up to see that Sean was already awake. He looked over to Preston to see if he was awake, he wasn't. Krasus got up yawned and stretched. "G,good morning,"he said rubbing his eyes. Sean looked back at him and then looked foward again and pointed. There was a swarm of soldiers and in the front was there precious leader Kergulla.

Sean looked back at Krasus wildly. "Were are they going!?"he said. Krasus pulled out the map again and pointed out the spot. "We must go there, quickly," he said grabbing his stuff.

Krasus walked over to Preston to wake him. He shook him and shook him and nothing would wake him untill Sean came by and slapped him on the face. Preston woke up moaning and groaning.
"It's time to go!" he yelled at Preston. When everything was packed up they ran for the mines untill Krasus said,"Wait! I can teleport us there." "Then c'mon man!" Preston yelled.

Krasus thought of the only place he remmembered in the mine and teleported there. When they were teleported Kergulla passed by not noticing them. They all hid behind the wall waiting for the army to pass. "How are we going to kill him with his own army?" Krasus asked Sean. "We, we will wait for there numbers to be lowered when they fight the goblins.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 03:33 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

During the night, Sean had snuck off from the others and attempted to do some soul searching. By morning his short-term memory had returned, in full and he realised what a horrible mistake he was making by following along with the two of them. There were certain key events that Sean had stuck in his mind, but he did not know where they had come from.

A man slowly drawing a map to the Goblin's Den

A blue shimmering robe, waving in the wind. Two dark eyes staring down at him.

A hand moving slowly across a crowd and stopping on Kergulla. A scared young boy making an excuse.

A shimmering blue robe, moving away. In the wrong direction. A smile.

When it started to get light, he moved back to the camp and sat on a small rock, waiting for the others to wake up. Shortly after he arrived he saw Kergulla moving out of Keldrin, toward the mines with his army. He remembered now, Kergulla wanted to kill all of the Goblins because of when they flushed the town and killed a bunch of people and destroyed crops.

Sean smiled, a small nasty smile.

Krasus woke up , and looked to Sean, who was already awake. Sean did not say anything, he just pointed over to Kergulla and the advancing army.

"Where are they going?" Sean asked Krasus, who instantly pulled out the Goblin's Lair map and pointed to a small green dot. He said something to Sean, but Sean wasn't listening, he was thinking back on something. His memory had really been bothering him these last few days, but this was no time for self-reflection. Everyone was moving toward the Goblin's Lair, as thought it has all been planned before.

Krasus was quick to teleport them all to the mines, where they waited in the shadows as Kergulla and his group of soldiers marched straight past them. Krasus and Preston decided to wait until the Goblin's took their numbers down, and then attack.

"One rule," Sean whispered, "I kill Kergulla, and no one else. You do not speak to Kergulla once we have him alone, that means no questions about him. Understand?"

croaton is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 04:53 PM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

"Yeah, sure," Krasus replied. They sat up against the wall and waited Krasus took a little nap to regenerate his mana.

He awoke to a goblin falling in were they were with a soldier on him with his sword in the goblins chest. The soldier looked at the crew hidding. Sean reached for his bow and arrows but was too late Preston jumped to his feet and pulled his throwing axe and flung it at the soldier. It whizzed and stuck right in his shoulderblade. The soldier held his wound then fell to the ground with an arrow in his head. Preston reached over and took his axe and found another map in his pocket. He looked at it. "It's the same one," he said. They waited 10hours then there was less comotion. "Let us go," Sean said. Krasus and Preston got up and walked into the goblins lair there were 10 soldiers battling 6goblin wizards and loosing bad. "Le,lets help the goblins," Preston said. "No! Are you mad!? They will just kill us!" Krasus said angryly. "Move out of the way,"Sean said. Krasus moved away from the edge and let Sean there. Sean nocked an arrow into his bow and aimed at Kergulla. He shot it sizzled in the air. A gaurd got in the way and got shot in his right temple. Sean leaned against the wall. "They didn't see you," Krasus said.

Kergulla's veiw

Kergulla sat as the massacre carryd on he acted as if he didn't care if he won. He dashed at one of the wizards that wasn't watching and slshed him diagnoly across the chest killing it. He stood in the puddle of his enemy's and freind's blood and laughed a wicked laugh. He looked over at a soldier by him. He saw him get nailed with an arrow. Snipers!? No, probaly just a magic arrow. He ran over to another mage and swung the goblin moved making Kergulla strike down his teammate. "Hahaha, you deserve to die if you can't dodge a sword!" he said.

Back to Krasus and the others.

"Damn, he is so cruel!" Sean said. He fell on the ground again rubbing his head furiously. This time he did not go unconcious. He got up and reached into his sheath. He looked puzzled he took it off and threw it down. "No arrows!?" he yelled. He threw his bow down and ran in the battle grabbing a rapier off the ground. He dashed at Kergulla with a strong swing. Kergulla blocked it. "You!?" Kergulla yelled. "Die!" Sean yelled swinging again. Kergulla blocked it again, swinging at Sean missing. As the battle continued on Krasus jumped out to join the battle...

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 08:42 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

Sean swung his blade hard and felt the clang of metal on metal as Kergulla continued to fight back, blocking his every move. Krasus jumped out to join him, but Sean moved his hand toward Krasus and pushed him back, using a strange magic that he did not know he possessed.

"Leave me alone! Why do you hound me?" Kergulla was shouting at Sean, but Sean was not answering. He simply continued to violently press him back against the rocky wall. Sean was gritting his teeth now, getting ready to end it. His head surged with mad pain but he needed to keep fighting, because this would stop the pain. It would make the headaches go away.

Sean cried out and spun around, his blade flailing in the air. Time seemed to slowdown and there was no noise as the Rapier sliced through Kergulla's middle, cutting trough him like better. His face turned from anger to surprise, and then defeat, and he slumped over, falling to his knees.

Sean did not stop at that. He raised the sword above his head and brought it down again, harder this time, Kergulla's innards splashing up against his face. Sean did it again and again and again, until Kergulla was nothing more than a lump of flesh. Sean screamed and brought the sword down again, lopping off Kergulla's head and watching it roll slowly away from his body.

Sean began to cry.

Many of the goblins scurried away as the soldiers all stopped what they where doing and stared at the mutilation that Sean had created. Mnay of them covered their noses and mouths with their hands. Some of them ran out of the room.

It was over for Sean, and Kergulla was dead.

Sean saw a dead archer on the ground and picked up his bow, then loaded it with an arrow. The soldiers, fearing something much worse than death, slowly walked out of the small room, leaving on Krasus and Preston and Sean alone. Krasus stepped forward toward Sean.

"I've never seen them run like that." Krasus told him.

Sean said nothing. His face was grim and stone cold. He pulled back the rope on the bow and turned it at Krasus.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 09:08 PM
Carasser
GoblinRunt

Good work on the story guys. Neat twists.

Carasser is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Carasser Click Here to Email Carasser Find more posts by Carasser Add Carasser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus stepped back and looked at Sean funny. "No don't!" Preston yelled recieving a arrow in his chest. "Preston!? Damn you!" Krasus yelled. Sean nocked another arrow in his bow and aimed at Krasus once more. This time Krasus acted as if Sean wasn't even there. The arrow launched across the room headed straight for Krasus. Krasus lifted his hands up and yelled. A strange yellow glow surronded him. The arrow bounced of the light and hit the ground, at that time he murmered some words of power and threw his hands foward. He shot a blast of wind at Sean knocking him gaint the wall and putting him knocking him out in the procces. "S,sean... why?" Krasus said looking at Sean.
Krasus walked over to Preston to see the damages he was alive, but wounded bad. Krasus pulled out the arrow and amidiatly started to heal him. Krasus looked back over to Sean. "What, why did you do that?" he said talking to his self. He teleported them all out of the mine and into his house casting a temperary barrier around Sean's door. "Well, should we kill him?" Preston asked. "No, we will wait for him to wake up and explain himself.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 10:26 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

Sean opened his eyes again, and knew exactly what he was waking up to. Krasus and Preston sat idle in front of the barrier, watching him with eyes that spoke of sorrow and anger. Their "friend" had betrayed them, but was he really their friend? Was he even who he thought he was?

Sean stuck his hand out, careful not to let it touch the barrier.

"Krasus, take my hand. I will show you everything." He said. Krasus leaned in and pushed his hand through the barrier, grabbing Sean's hand very firmly. They two men stared at each other, locked in disguist and contempt, but both of them wanted to know where this would take them.

"Relax ... " Sean mummered as the two of them drifted off to a very distant place.

Krasus stands in a field, watching a woman hang laundry on the line. He watches a young girl play in the field. He watches a man compose poetry. He watches a young boy alone, crying over the body of his dead dog. He watches the boy stand up and run toward his Mother. The boy pushes his Mother down, and his Father comes running. The boy throws a rock at his Father, cracking his skull. The Mother begins to scream. The boy tells here to shut her mouth. The boy starts crying. The boy begins to bludgeon the Mother with his fist, until she breathes no more. The boy runs away from the house, as fast as he can, leaving his sister behind. A man in a shimmering Blue Robe runs down from the mountain. The Blue Man holds the dead limp bodies in his arms and cries for their souls. The Blue Man dedicates himself to finding the murderous young boy.

Krasus fell backward from Sean in stark amazment. Preston was asleep now, or perhaps he had blacked-out from his wound. Sean did not move, he continued to hold his hand out.

"By Phen's name ... " Krasus whispered. He was terrified of what was beyond the horizon, but he knew inside him that the answer to his questions was within Sean. He leaned forward again and took Sean's hand once more, drifting again into that cold place.

The boy is older now. He stands on a wall, his hand trailing over a crowd, choosing someone. It stops on another young boy. This boy is Kergulla. Behind the boy is the man in the Blue Robes. The boy follows Kergulla through the streets. He continues to follow Kergulla. He makes trouble for Kergulla. Kergulla becomes upset and cursed with terrible luck. The boy tracks Kergulla. The boy tells himself that Kergulla did horrible things. The boy disrupts his own memory by confusing his own actions with Kergulla's actions. The boy convinces himself that Kergulla killed his parents, not himself. The boy uses Kergulla as an excuse to continue moving. The boy does not want to be caught by the Blue Robed man. He tracks Kergulla, while being tracked by another. The boy is Sean.

Krasus whisped back to life and pulled away from Sean, instantly. His face was filled with fear but most contempt for what Sean had done and how he had lied to himself and to others. Sean was nothing but happy now, because with Kergulla's death his memory had returned and his past was much more clear. Kergulla wasn't the evil. SEAN was the evil.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 11:01 PM
Anfini
GoblinRunt

Out of Character...
That's a hell of a lot of plot twists! Those aren't really twists, though. They're spirals! =)

Anyway, it seems like if no new characters join, or if no one comes up with a new quest, or a goal, or something to aim for, then this story will quickly draw to an end. I'll see what I can do to draw out this story longer, unless we just want to end it soon. It's up to you guys. I've alreeady got something brewing in my mind, but I don't want to continue the story if you guys just want to end it.

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 02:31 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

OOC:
In the RP Discussion forum there is an OOC for The Campaign of Kergulla. Discuss this there.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 03:08 AM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

After Krasus saw these images he fell back holding his head and rubbing it furiously. The pain spread through his body like a plague. "Wh,what did you do!?" Krasus yelled. "Hahahah," Sean said lifting his hand s in the air. "The end..." "The end of what?" Krasus asked. "The end... of this town, this country, you, all the people, THE WHOLE WORDL!" he yelled laughing furiously. "Grrr... You, you will die here Sean!" Krasus yelled taking down the barrier. Krasus shot a lightning bolt at Sean, but it went through him. "Hahahaha! No, you don't die here! I have a part for you to play hahaha!" he screamed while he vanished in thin air.

"Wh,what does Sean want to obtain!? I don't get it! urg! Damnit! What is wrong with me!?" he yelled falling to the ground unconcious. [I]"Were am I? Who am I? Why am I here? What am I suppose to do? God.... please help me." Krasus saw a little boy run by... Sean. Krasus ran after the little boy and grabbed him by the shoulder turning him around.

When the boy turned around he had a hellish look on his face as a black flame devoured the boy he turned into a huge black beast. "NO!" Krasus yelled as it seemed to echo. The beast ripped him peice by peice it seemed like he would never stop tourturing him untill, Preston shook Krasus awake. "Wh,where am I?" he asked. At our house. "S,s,sean...."he said rubbing his temples.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 05:41 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

" ... I have a part for you to play!" Sean shouted.

For the first time since his dog had died and since his parents had been killed, he felt an evil surging through his body. It pumped through his veins and into his mind, filling his unconscious with grotesque and horrible images. When Sean tried to breath, he choked on the air like it was thick molasses. His body was undergoing a transformation. Know that his mind knew all the facts, it could tell the body how to react. Sean's dark side was returning to him.

Krasus dropped the barrier and fired a lightening bolt into Sean, but it passed through him. Sean's view was distorted now, his eyes pullsating at the beat of his heart. His hands throbbing with a warm, welcome pain. Sean focused his mind into one place, and he was gone in an instant.

When he arrived at his destination, the mines, his skin was dark. Much, much darker than it had been before. Sean smiled a horrible smile, laying back into the dirt and thinking to himself;

"Tell your mind a lie and it will believe you. But if your head ever catches on with what you've done, it'll tell your body that you're misleading yourself, and changes occur."

At least in this situation, Sean thought, the changes where for the better.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 06:03 AM
Anfini
GoblinRunt

Out of Character...
Well, it looks like I will attempt to draw the story out. No one shows any sign of wanting to quit (except, of course, Carasser, who just kind of sits there and reads). Also, it seems like "The Campaign of Kergulla" has really nothing to do with Kergulla anymore. =) And, Sean is sort of reminding me of a character from Final Fantasy VII (Sephiroth). I'm sure SephirothRPG noticed this, also. =)

In Character...
Anfini gave the word. The troops under his command advanced quietly through the forest. Growing up in, on, and around trees, the battalion didn't find this action very hard, even with their heavy armor and broad swords clanking togther.

Anfini looked out at his troops. This moment had been a long time coming. The preparation, the planning... It all came down to this day.

Krasus franticly scanned all around him. Where has he gone? This isn't good... Deciding that Sean had left, he crouched over Preston to inspect and tend to his wound.

"Am... Am I gunna die?," Preston squeaked out between bloody lips. Krasus clenched his teeth. He could not stand to see his long time friend in this condition. "You'll be fine. Just lay your head back and save your strength."

Suddenly, they heard a loud noise, almost like a trumpet blast. "W-w-whut's dat...?" Preston asked, obviously under great strain. Krasus thought he knew. Has Sean already come back to attack Keldrin? "It's sounds... It's sounds like the--" Krasus was cut off by the town crier. "ALERT!! ALERT!! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!"

Krasus was on his feet. I have to stop Sean! He ran outside, and was shocked by what he saw. Pouring out of the forest was a Jatenic army.

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 07:23 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

OOC: I've never played FFVII, so I have no idea.

IC:
Sean leaned back against the wall and licked his oily lips. He was at peace now, with himself and the people around him. It was time to stop this useless self-reflection and move on to what he saw as being much more profitable.

Compelte and utter control of Shatka.

To anyone else, living outside of Sean's mind, this would seem completely irrational and impossible, but to Sean everything would work.

Sean's ears perked up at the sound of a trumpet blasting somewhere in the distance. It was bearly audible, but still it faintly echoed through the caverns of the mines. What was going on, Sean thought. It sounded like a war-cry, but he's hearing could have been affected by this ... "change" going on throughout his body and his mind.

I have to see what this is, Sean thought to himself. As he began to slowly stand, a small goblin hobbled out from the darkness and stood infront of Sean. They two stared down each other for a moment, and finally Sean broke the silence.

"Are you going to kill me?" Sean asked, his voice much deeper than before, with a distinve rasp in his breath. Waiting for the goblin to respond, Sean slipped his hand down his back, feeling for his sword. The goblin moveed it's mouth quickly, making inaudible noises that sounded like a woman's heal taping against a rock floor. Sean understood everything the goblin was saying.

"Orc Boss want to see you." The goblin said, "Orc Boss impressed by you. What beast are you?"

"Tell him I'm a new beast. One that he has never seen."

croaton is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 09:52 PM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

OCC: lol Yes I sensed it another Cloud lol.

"Another war!?"Krasus yelled clutching his talisman. "No, I can't do it here..."Krasus tucked it back in his shirt and then went to battle. A Jatian soldier jumped at him with a swing missing misserably. "Die!"Krasus yelled shooting a marble sised ball of fire exploding on contact. Krasus left the engulphed soldier and ran to what seemed to be the king. "Y,y,you!?"Krasus yelled grabbing Afini's attention. He acted as if he didn't know him. "You, you l3astard! Krasus ran at him with rage. Anfini pulled his bow out nocked in an arrow and shot it at him. Krasus stopped and turned the arrow wizzed past his face. Krasus started running at him again this time holding his hand out. Anfini shot another wrrow out, the arrow stopped in midair and got on fire. It did not burn though it was covered in flames.

The arrow turned toward Anfini and shot back at him. He dodged it making the arrow hit the building behind him catching it on fire. "Why Anfini!? What the hell happend to you!?" Krasus yelled.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 10:53 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

Sounds of a battle raged on in the forests just outside Keldrin, but Sean could not bother with that right now. A large, slithering green mass of fat and pores was sitting on a make-shift rock thrown, staring at Sean. He, or she or whatever goblin's where broken down into, tapped his fingers on the arm of the chair.

"You are of origin?" The Orc Boss asked Sean.

"I dont know what you're asking me." Sean replied.

"Are you from Carkor, are you not?" The Orc Boss asked again, this time obviously annoyed at Sean.

"No. I'm human, at least I was." Sean told him.

"What do they call you?" The Orc Boss asked him. Sean took a moment to ponder this question thouroughly. Sean was not a suitable name for a violent warlord like himself, but he had never named an evil being before. He looked at his hands, and he was covered in blood, the blood of a fallen and innocent man. The blood of Kergulla.

"I am known as Kergulla." Sean told him.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 11:12 PM
Anfini
GoblinRunt

Anfini simply glared at Krasus. "Get out of my way." Shoving him to the side, Anfini ended the life of a Keldrin warrior attacking one of his men via an arrow.

Krasus stood, watching the battle, noticing this process continuing. Anfini would only strike down someone who was attacking one of his troops. He seemed... hesitant to fire his bow and end the life of enemy soldiers.

Krasus pondered what had just happened. Why didn't he attack me? I am the enemy, too... His thoughts were interrupted when one of the Jatenic warriors charged at him, sword drawn. Krasus crouched, ducking the soldier's clumsy horizontal slash. Rolling to his left, Krasus cast Thorn and stopped the soldier dead in his tracks, dead.

Krasus looked up, and saw that Anfini was swamped with three Keldrin warriors, one on each side of him, and one on his rear. Foolishly over-confident, the soldier on his left lunged, assuming that because the numbers were in his favor, he was bound to win. He was wrong. Recieving a quick elbow in the gut, he was then sent to the ground by a back turn kick. Anfini felled the second using a leg sweep. However, when he was rising, the soldier behind him raised his sword, intending to end Anfini's life using a vertical slash. Catching the glint of the sword of the sword out of the corner of his eye, Anfini whirled around and tried to leap back. It was too late. The blade bit deep, slashing Anfini from his right shoulder to his opposite hip. Shrugging off the flaring pain, Anfini jabbed the soldier with his left fist, cracked him the the shin with his right foot, and finished it off with a knee on the chin.

Anfini longed to drop to the ground and die, but he wouldn't allow himself. His men were dying... Drawing an arrow, he strained to pull the string to fire the bow. Releasing the string, his missed his mark, only grazing the hand of one of the enemies. Cursing to himself, he gritted his teeth against the pain and was forced to drop to one knee. His consciousness was fading fast, but the battle was long from over. Fiercely determined, his drew and nocked another arrow and fired. This time, he hit his mark. The soldier fell, dead.

Suddenly, the Keldrin general yelled the order. "RETREAT!! RETREAT!!" The Keldrin army turned from their battles and ran towards the town gates. The wall would keep out the enemy army, at least for a little while. Krasus ran for the gate. Although he was concerned about Anfini, he was more concerned about Preston, and knew if he remained out here with the Jaten army, death was certain. As Keldrin rangers shot down the Jatenic warriors who also ran for the gate, determined to finish off their opponents, Krasus made it through the gate, just as it was closing.

Anfini looked all around him. The enemy had fled. There were no more to fight, at least for today. He closed his eyes and collapsed, unconsciousness. As the Jaten army reorganzied themselves, they watched the village. Keldrin Town was now under siege.

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 07:23 AM