Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > The Campaign of Kergulla
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Carasser
GoblinRunt

Post The Campaign of Kergulla

Kergulla wiped off his sweaty forehead with his left arm. In the the other arm he held a sword that he had stolen from home, six years ago when he killed his parents and ran away.
He kidnapped his sister and they lived together; constantly on the run. Life was hard.
Kergulla had to protect his sister and himself while gathering food and supplies. His 'family' located in Keldrin Town, not so far from the forbidden mines.
One day the runts swarmed into town in clustered masses and flushed out all the the people. They fled the town and the goblins ate all the food and supplies him and his people had worked so hard to obtain!
He was filled with an unpredictable sense of hatred and took the sword and headed for the mines.
His eyes flared, insanely and he walked in. It was gloomy and dark, a goblin ran at him. He couldn't be a coward, not here, not now. He willed himself to slash the runt to the ground and pierce it's reptile-like skin.
It was dead. The battle was won, however just as he told himself that his left eye caught sight of six more running his way. He knew he couldn't beat the runts, but he HAD to.
He vowed that they would all pay for what they had done to him and his peoples.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Carasser is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Carasser Click Here to Email Carasser Find more posts by Carasser Add Carasser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

OOC: Okay this is kind of strange format, but I'll see if I can get the ball rolling.

Sean carefully and quietly slid down the rocky slope into the open mine shaft. He crouched in a shadow for a moment, both hands on his blade and eyes darting around. The only thing he saw was one dead Golbin. It looked like a runt, and someone had done it in repeatedly with a large sword. This could only be Kergulla. He was gone now, not in this shaft but somewhere much deeper in the mines now.

Sean had been tracking Kergulla for almost seven years now, ever since he had witnessed the boy slay his own parents. After watching such a horendous event, anyone would be marked with guilt, some more than others. Sean has forever regret the fact that he did not help the poor people, and so now he tracks Kergulla, day and night, hopefully to get his chance and exact revenge for the fallen.

He stood and slowly krept toward the dead runt, peering down into it's lifeless eyes. He crouched down and sniffed it, then picked up some sand from the ground and scattered it across the ground near the Goblin and watched. Nothing happened. Sean had been tought by an expert tracker and explorer of his village how to hunt down the prey, but Kergulla seemed to know how to avoid every trick in the tracker's book. The sand did not show any trace of blood dripping from the sword in this darkness.

The only other shaft in the room headed further down into the mines, where the Goblins would be most likely rallying at the gain of their food and a successful raid on Keldrin. Sean smiled, because he knew Kergulla perhaps better than the boy knew himself, and that is exactly where he would like to be.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 04:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus leaned back onto a rock and let out a sigh.

Krasus: "When will you be done?"
Preston: "Jes' a lil' more."
Krasus: "We came all the way to Keldrin to mine?"
Preston: "Stop yer' complainen and get to work."
Krasus: "Hahaha I'm a wizard not a miner."
Preston: "Well Shu'up."

Krasus leaned back onto the rock again and closed his eyes. When he did so he heard a guy yelling allong with goblins.
Krasus jumped to his feet and prepared to fight. Preston put his pick axe away and pulled out a war axe. Krasus krept to the noises and hid behind the wall sticking his out just enough to see them. Krasus told Preston of there position and said that the man and girl had no chance. Krasus murmered some words of power and readied for a prehemetive strike. He jumped out grabbing everyones attention and pointed his hands at a group of goblins. The goblins charged at Krasus and when they did an icy beam shot at them freezing three of them. They were frozen in one huge block. The block shattered and so did the goblins. He turned his attention to the goblin closest to him and threw up his guard until he was able to cast another spell. The goblin jumped on him throwing him to the ground. Krasus tryed to get the knife from the goblin, but it was too late the goblin broke free of Krasus's grip and jabbed at him. Before the knife pierced him Preston put his axe in the goblins head killing him instantly. When they looked up the rest of the goblins were killed by the mysterious fellow.

Krasus: "Who are you?"

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 06:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SephirothRPG Click here to Send SephirothRPG a Private Message Click Here to Email SephirothRPG Find more posts by SephirothRPG Add SephirothRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

OCC: croaton you need to format a character to RP. Otherwords... You need to make a character and get it approven to role play. If not I'm sorry, but no RP for you!

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 06:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SephirothRPG Click here to Send SephirothRPG a Private Message Click Here to Email SephirothRPG Find more posts by SephirothRPG Add SephirothRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

OOC: This is an Unofficial thread (see The Black Ring in the RP Discussion Forum) so I don't necessarily have to have one set character, but I'm trying to work my writing down into one character so give me a break.

There he was, standing in the centre of the bloodied pile still panting and smiling from his handywork. He watched Kergulla wipe the blood from his sword onto his hand, and then rub his hand onto a rock, which he threw down a deeper shaft.

"Could it be that Kergulla has caught onto me and my intentions?" Sean thought. "No. That's impossible. You only travel at night, under the cover of darkness and you never leave any trace behind. You never get to close either, so he will never know where you are."

Suddenly one more man stepped forward toward Kergulla, from another shaft that Sean had not seen. This disturbed him, and he dropped to the ground, crawling across the floor to another dim shadow, crouched into a watching position. If he could miss that tunnel, how many more hidden dangers could there be?

The man approaching Kergulla motioned to his friend, lying on the floor, who was also bloodied from the runts. Kergulla said nothing, but the man on the floor stood anyway and looked toward Sean for a brief instant, but then his eyes wandered back to Kergulla.

"Did he see me?!" Sean asked himself, beginning to perspire. "Maybe his eyes where just wandering. Yes, that must be it, his eyes where just wandering."

"Who are you?" The man asked Kergulla.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 03:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

The mysterious fellow did not answer. For a second there Krasus could've sword that he saw something move beside him. He looked at the corner were he thought he saw something. He saw nothing his eyes darted back to the stranger.

Krasus: "Hello?"

The man did not answer and walked farther down in the mines.

Krasus: "..."

Krasus gave up and walked back to were Preston was mining.

Preston: "How'd ya like dat, we save his live and he ain't gonna say nothing."

Who was he? He looks more than an average miner...
Preston picked up his back wiped the sweat off his head then started heading out.

Krasus: "Were leaving?"
Preston: "Ya, and were comin back t'morrow."
Krasus: "Ohwell as long as we get money."

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 07:14 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

Kergulla did not reply to the man. Sean looked on from the shadows, smiling to himself and watching the mysterious wizard and his miner companian stare on in awe as Kergulla said nothing, and simply continued down the mines.

"Sorry boys." He thought to himself, "This is not the kind of person who will thank you for saving his life."

After Kergulla had vanished, the two men returned to their darkened shaft, most likely to continue mining. Sean could not see into the darkness, so he did not know where they where and assumed that they had gone back to their work. When he was ready he stood and made a quick dash across the room to where Kergulla had gone, but stopped dead in his tracks. He heard voices coming from the two men.

" ...long as we get the money." The wizard finished off, stepping into the open room filled with dead runt bodies. Both the miner and the wizard also stopped dead, face to face with Sean. Sean didn't know what to do. He had never come this close to someone, not for the longest time. His hand shook and he wanted to reach for his sword but his head told him not too.

"These men are not your enemies." He thought, "But they did save Kergulla's life, and that makes them a threat. However, they do not know who he really is! How could they possibly know who they where saving? But he killed his parents! You did nothing SEAN. YOU DID NOTHING."

Sean's body began to quake and he went into a spasm, dropping to the ground, slumped over the body of a dead goblin.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 04:07 PM
Carasser
GoblinRunt

Angry

Kergulla's walk had quickened into a swift run. Every since he was little he had grown to fear monsters. Now instead of fiction, they were a reality.
He moved as if on a skate, over the slumping hill and across the stoney bridge and welcomed by hundreds as he took his first step in through the gate.
He passed people who congratualted him, but he was worried that he might not be able to live up to expectations next time.
Kergulla was starving and to his luck, they provided a colassol feast to celebrate his efforts.
The feast was quick and people were tired and fell to sleep fast. As for Kergulla he met with his sister, her son Drake and the town elder.
He walked into the well-constructed yurt across from the merchant's home and saw the three there.
His sister ran up and hugged him, Drake shook his hand firmly, and the town elder - upon seeing the bloody sword said, "always wipe you sword, as to not rust it with the blood of an enemy."
Kergulla dropped to the floor and wipe it off.
"We are gathering some troops to assist you in the mines. Your campaign will become less strenuous and you can give weight to some others," the elder spoke.
"We dare not send you alone. You are our hero!" His sister enjoyed to say.
"Thank-you, but I am worried the runts have been angered and will stirke the town. Station your men in the town!" Kergulla ordered.
"Whatever the general orders," the elder said calmly.
"General?" Kergulla was surprised.
"Yes, now stay for the night and leave whenever you please. Just don't die on us, you give hope to the town with none," the elder got up and left wrapped up in animal furs.
"I must leave now! The runts are planning and we cannot predict thei..." he was cut off.
"No. You will rest for the nights to come and WE shall protect you," his sister said soothingly.
Just as Kergulla opened his mouth to speak, a dart shot into the back of his neck.

Carasser is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 04:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Carasser Click Here to Email Carasser Find more posts by Carasser Add Carasser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

OOC: Carasser, you're moving way too fast for the story. Slow down and let things develop before you move on ahead. you've got to explain everything your character does, ie. how did he get out of the mines?

Sean's body writhed and quaked once more before slumping into a sweaty, tired mess where his chest pumped up and down, his lungs gasping for air. The two men above him stared on in awe, as if they did not know what to say.

Sean rolled over and looked down the shaft where Kergulla had vanished, and now from this angle he saw light. Within the shaft there was a second tunnel leading to the surface and by now Kergulla was probably long gone. It would take Sean days to retrace his steps and get back on the trail now.

In agony he laughed, finding humor in his own uncertainty.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 04:46 PM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus stared at him... He couldn't find out what to say, so he walked over there and put his hand on the strangers back...

Krasus: "Are you ok?"
Preston: "What brings ye to dis part of da mine?"

The stranger said nothing...

Preston: "This guy is like that other one we go to his aid and he doesn't say a damned thing."
Krasus: "Shutup Preston."

Krasus knelt down and looked at him. He couldn't see his face from that angle, so he got up and searched for wounds. He saw no wounds...

Krasus: "Hello? Can you talk?"

He stood up and started to laugh.

Preston: "He's jes' a damn fruit loop!"
Krasus: "I said shutup! Hey we have a tent piched outside and we have food maybe you should stay with us for the night."

The stranger stared at him as to be thinking of something.

Krasus: "Well?"

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 05:51 PM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

OCC: Yes, we need to take it slow, and have a lott of twists and turns to make the story long and good.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-27-2001 05:53 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

"No, I can't. There's no time." Sean told the men.

He stepped away from them, slowly so as not to further ache his muscles into another spasm. Once he felt he was far enough away from them, he reached into his small pouch and pulled out an herb, then placed it in his mouth and swallowed.

"For future notice, I suggest that you do not come to the aid of any stranger in the mines. I fear you have no idea what evil you just unleashed into the world." Sean shouted to them, before vanishing into the shadows of the mines once again.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-28-2001 08:35 PM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus: "..."
Preston: "..."

He stared at the place he vanished. Krasus finaly walked toward the place he vanished. He knelt down. He touched the ground and murmered some words of power his eyes flared then the ground had glowing footprints.

Krasus: "Let's go."
Preston: "Damnit, did you jes' hear what dat guy jes' said!?"
Krasus: "Yes, and you point?"
Preston: "Were messin aroun wid EVIL!"
Krasus: "If you don't wanna come don't follow, its that simple."
Preston: "Errrr... damnit Krasus I have to go."
Krasus: "Hahaha poor Preston, ok... follow me."

They followed the prints untill they came to a stop there was the man they helped out earlier with his sister. They hid behind a tree.

Preston: "I don't think he's alone."
Krasus: "...?"
Preston: "Think about it... that much food for two people? I can't even eat THAT much."

Krasus said nothing and bent over to see what he was doing. When he did something grabbed him by the shoulder.

Krasus: Preston! What do you wa..."

He stopped in the middle of a sentence and stared with awe. It was the ranger from before. He looked angry.

Krasus: "What do you want?"

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-28-2001 09:42 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

Now the tables had turned. Sean had been tracking Kergulla, and now the wizard and his miner friend where trying to track Sean, but he was much too smart for them. Sean had doubled back after leaving the mines, catching himself behind the two men, and letting them lead him directly to Kergulla.

After they settled at the tree and began to watch Kergulla, Sean felt safe enough to venture off on his own and see what was going on. It looked as though the people of Keldrin Town were worshipping Kergulla like some kind of hero, when really he was the exact opposite.

"Those poor fools." Sean whispered to himself.

To his side, something glimmered on the mountain. Like a sword being taken out of a sheath, or a pond's surface in the summer sun. It caught Sean's eye instantly and it filled his body with shivers. A flash of sunlight from a reflective surface in the mountains, signalled a beautiful yet ominous foreshadowing for Sean. Something bad was coming, and it was coming very soon.

"I need to get out of here, now." He thought. His eyes dared to the two travellers in the mines, and his brain started to tinker away with a plan.

Sean ran at them from behind and grabbed the wizard on the shoulder, who spun around and shouted, "What do you want?" in a kind of arrogance that made Sean crack his knuckles. He wanted to kill the man right here, right now, but inside he knew that he couldn't. He couldn't, ever.

"I need you to help me," Sean said, "and just so that we're clear, THAT man is the enemy." Sean pointed down to the city square were Kergulla had been, but now he had wandered off. Where could he be? It didn't matter, time was running short and something was moving quickly down the mountains.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-29-2001 12:07 AM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

He stared at were his finger pointed... He looked back at him.
Krasus: "Ok, I will help... Will you be coming too Preston?"
Preston: "Ha! You couldn't last a second out there without me!"
Krasus: Ok... do you want me to transport us to Keldrin or would it be safer to walk?

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-29-2001 12:26 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

Sean let his anger loosen a bit. He had to make the pawns feel welcome afterall, but he couldn't afford to waste any time because dangerous events where getting closer and closer at hand as they spoke.

"Whatever can get as there fastest is best by me. All I need you to do is hold the others off while I take out their 'hero' and then we go our seperate ways, okay?" Sean told them.

While he waited for a response, he checked the mountains again, and the shimmering light was getting closer. It was moving at a much faster rate than Sean had first anticipated. Things needed to get moving, and they needed to get moving NOW.

Last edited by croaton on 07-29-2001 at 03:01 AM

croaton is offline Old Post 07-29-2001 12:32 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

OOC: It seems odd that me and Seph are the only ones posting here. Feel free to join in at any time guys, take the story to new heights and stuff like that.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-29-2001 02:58 AM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus darted his eyes back and forth from Sean to Keldrin.
He finaly closed his eyes and murmerd some words of power. In an instant they were all transported to the Keldrin bar.

Preston: "Nice job!"

Sean exchanged glances with one anoth and gave them a dirty look

Sean: "This is not time for drinking! A crisis is a stake and this is all you can think about!?"

Krasus: "Come on Preston lets go."

Preston: "*sigh* Damnit..."

As they walk to the center of keldrin Krasus takes a seat by the fountain. He looks Sean in the eye and says,

Krasus: "You never told us about this 'crisis' your talking about. What is happining?"

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-29-2001 05:03 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

"Every second we stop to talk, we're loosing valuable time. I would appreciate it if you didn't speak anymore." Sean told Krasus. Sean spun around and pointed to the small yurt in the corner of the village, where Kergulla was most certainly camped.

"I will hit that building. You are free to kill anyone or anything else, just not THAT building." Sean told them. "It's time to flex your penchant for destruction my friends." Sean had trouble saying the word. Friends. What were friends really? This was not the time to question himself, so he took another herb from his pouch and swallowed it.

"It's now. Now or never, because after tonight some of us are no longer going to be alive." Sean told them.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-29-2001 05:06 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

(OOC - God dammit SBD. Roleplaying is like telling a story, not a dialogue. Don't do posts like Krasus: Tum dum, because it's bad habit and makes it look VERY bad.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-29-2001 05:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

lol Sorry.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 02:02 AM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus looked at the building, then he looked around at his surrondings. Who is this guy, and what is going to happen.
"Ok, what exactly is this guy gonna do!? I've been waiting for a long time to find out. Whats the big secret!?"

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 07-31-2001 02:11 AM
croaton
GoblinThief

Sean did not bother to address the question.

Suddenly there was a scream from the yurt that Kergulla had entered. His sister came running out with her son, Sean was able to recognise them. Then an elder rushed out, holding Kergulla's limp body in his arms. The town went into a frenzied panic, surging through the streets like a violent wave.

Sean heard someone say, "We have to go, now!"

"No!" He shouted, eyes focused on Kergulla, not moving away as people rushed past him, "We have to kill him. He has to be dead."

Someone grabbed Sean's arm and began to pull him. Sean spun around and saw that it was Krasus, the wizard. Sean struggled to pull himself free, focusing on Kergulla. Always on Kergulla. The wizard began to chant something, and instantly Sean was transported from the town in a red flash.

"NO!" He shouted, "No. No. This was my chance."

The last thing Sean saw was a tall man in a shimmering blue robe crouched on the roof of a building, holding a blow pipe.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-01-2001 12:39 PM
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus pulled Sean by the arm and transported to his assasin. He looked over at his hitman he said, "You better get this right I'm not paying you for nothing." "Don't worry..." he said glancing at Krasus then back at Kergulla. He waited for them to stop walking and he blew a dart flew out and hit the carrier. "Damn! I missed." he said shaking his bawled up fist. Krasus looked at the anxious Sean.

"Let's go" Krasus said. He grabbed Sean by the arm and teleported him close to Kergulla, it wasn't close enough to were they were spotted so they had the advantage of a prehemitive strike. "Lets go..." Krasus said.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-01-2001 01:53 PM
Carasser
GoblinRunt

Thumbs up

Guys. First of all, this isn't gonna be part of the story.

Second of all, it's purpose is simply to say that you guys are doing a great job at adding onto my story. I originally didn't like it, but now that you've added these richly, detailed and wonderfully, plotted add-ons to it, you've transformed it into a great story.

Keep on writing (I'm not to good at that) and I'll keep on reading.

Carasser is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 03:11 AM
Anfini
GoblinRunt

Anfini watched the Goblin Runt with steady, unblinking eyes. He scanned the body of the goblin for any visible marks. A scar, a blister, a birthmark, anything. The ranger's eye caught something above the Runt's left eye. A splash of blood, probably from its last kill.

Anfini drew an arrow from his quiver and nocked it to his short bow with the practiced skill and ease of one who has repeated the motion countless times.

As the Runt stopped to rest, Anfini frowned. "A stationery target. How difficult," he said silently to himself.

The arrow, propelled through the musky mine air, made the familiar 'whizzing' sound that Anfini had become somewhat addicted to. The sound of death, as he once described it to himself.

The goblin toppled to the ground, and Anfini silently arose from where he had been crouching in the shadows. The ranger walked soundlessly to the goblin's carcass, and inspected where the arrow had struck. Right above the left eye, through the center of the blood splash. "Too easy," he grumbled to himself as relieved the goblin of his measly coin supply.

"It's getting late," the ranger said, as he stepped out of the mine and embraced the fresh air once again. "I'd better head back to Keldrin. I haven't been there in weeks. My house has probably been robbed three times over."

As Anfini crossed over the foothills on the way to Keldrin, he thought he heard much more of a commotion than usual in the quiet, riverside village.

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Anfini Click here to Send Anfini a Private Message Click Here to Email Anfini Find more posts by Anfini Add Anfini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Rhonin, Sean, and Preston stared out to the people they were all yelling and screaming seing the guy fall. As the assasin dropped from the roof he hid in the shadows. Preston pulled out his War axe and charged forth. As the crowd cleared up they saw Keldrin cadets protecting Kergulla. The guards jumped at them Krasus murmered some words of power and shot a blue beam of light through him leaving him deseaced. When Krasus turned around he saw a soldier's sword 3inches away fromhis face. He moved his head and got gashed in his left arm. Krasus stared at the soldier in the eyes, as he rose his sword for the second blow. Krasus. Ran he turned and yelled some words of power. A red circle came under the guy then a star in the circle. It started to glow then These hellish demons started to pull him under. Krasus looked over to Preston. Preston was dookin it off with a soldier of his own. Preston Jumped up and threw his axe at him. It went into a perfect spin, It looked like it was about to hit him then he moved. Preston landed on the ground and cursed. He looked up at the soldier and smiled. He dashed at the soldier and dodged his thrust he ramed into him with his shoulder. Seing the soldier fall he ran for his axe. He grabbed it and turned the soldier gained his footage and charged at him. Preston ran toward him also. They both dashed at each other starring at each other not fearing death. The came 10 yards away from each other when the soldier jumped at him and slshed verticly in mid air. Preston blocked it holding his axe sideways. Preston pushed the soldier away and ran at him then hurld the axe at him, flipping in a horizantle angle it took of the soldier's head. Krasus looked down at the puddle of blood he was standing in. What have I done!? Shurely Keldrin will think Ethren sent spys to kill there people! No, I must prove my innocence. Krasus picked up his head and watched the battle with Sean and a soldier.

OCC: Ok, croatan I didn't know how you wanted your battle, so tell them your battle.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 12:29 AM
Anfini
GoblinRunt

Anfini climbed the last few feet up to the ridge overlooking Keldrin Town. "Look at them, squabbling like insects," he muttered to himself, as he looked out over the town. "If they continue like this, war will be inevitable."

The ranger watched as a guard's head parted company with his shoulders, by means of a flying war axe. "It's chaos down there. It must be the House Special night at the tavern." He sighed. "The fools will regret it in the morning." Anfini decended the cliff, heading towards the town.

Observational by nature, Anfini noticed a number of things. A fallen man lay in the center of the town square. It appeared to be Kergulla, and he was either unconscious or dead. A small squadron of soldiers were seemingly protecting his body from a small group of four people. Two of them only watching, however, but the other two were actively engaged in the battle.

"These people don't look drunk after all," Anfini chuckled to himself. He needed to know what was going on, but he despised any form of communication. Frowning, he decided there was no other way.

He silently stepped out of the shadows and came to stand beside the two watching the melee. "What's going on?"

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 05:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Anfini Click here to Send Anfini a Private Message Click Here to Email Anfini Find more posts by Anfini Add Anfini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SephirothRPG
OrcRavager

Krasus was watching the battle from afar waiting for his chance to jump in. When he was looking around a voice startled him, "What's going on?" the stranger said. Krasus thought it was a sneak attack and turned around and blasted a beam of fire at the stranger. When he saw it wasn't a gaurd he yelled, "No-!"
The stranger had cat like reflexes and jumped to the side not being injured by the flame. "I'm so sorry, are you ok?" Krasus asked. He just stared at Krasus. "Hmmm... Well, we are trying to kill Kergulla. I'm not sure why, but I sense the evil in him." The stranger stood up and dusted himself off. He looked a Krasus with a jagged look staring him down. Right when it seemed he was about to say something a guard jumped out and attacked the stranger. "No! He's not one of us leave him alone!" Krasus yelled. It was too late the stranger engaged in combat. The soldier dashed at the stranger with a thrust. The stranger dodged it and bashed him on the back of his head with his bow knocking his helmet off and leaving a headache. The gaurd was holding his head and the stranger pulled an arrow from his quiver and placed it in his bow. He pulled back and shot it, it made a whizzing noise so loud it seemed like it whizzed past Krasus's ear. He looked up and saw the gaurd on the ground with an arrow barried in his head. "What are you doing!? The Keldrin army will never forgive me or you for the murder of there soldiers! Stay out of this!" Krasus yelled.

SephirothRPG is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 08:43 PM
Anfini
GoblinRunt

A sardonic, almost mocking smile spread over the stranger's lips as he regarded Krasus. "The 'Keldrin Army' is nothing more than snot-nosed adolescents and half-wit buffoons. You might as well be afraid of your own mother." Krasus glared at the ranger, but he ignored the look of anger.

His temper pushed beyond the breaking point, Krasus' fists clenched to an unnatural white. "I don't have time for this," he snarled, and he surged forward to aid Preston, who had been pinned to the floor by two of the guards.

As the battle raged onward, the stranger stepped in to the shadows and made his way to the edge of the town. His house was in an uncrowded area, but not too far away from the population, so as not to attract attention by seeming aloof from the world.

The house was bare of any furniture or decoration, apart from the one wooden stool, which was placed beside the window that faced out into the Uncharted.

"I have completed what was required," he thought to himself. "I can now leave." He made his way to the corner of the room, and brushed back the dirt, to reveal a small trap door. He opened the door, and removed a few books of rough parchment paper, bound together with green and brown fabric. The ranger slipped the books in to his pack and left the house.

When the stranger returned back to the scene of the battle, the action was long over. The people who had trying to make their way to Kergulla were nowhere to be seen. Neither was the body of Kergulla. The soldiers had returned to patrol. The only indication that there had been any commotion at all was the blood splattered on the ground.

It was after dark now, so the ranger headed out of town. He pitched his town some ways northeast of Keldrin. As he drifted off to sleep, he thought he heard vague voices. Too tired to care, he shut his eyes and fell asleep.

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-04-2001 07:00 AM