Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > Divinity: Journeymen
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Avalon

Still dazed from Foxhead's bash, Avalon never even realized that the old healer had spoken to her.

After a few seconds life slammed back into Avalon like a warhammer, causing an odd look to flash across her face.

"Pardon me, but I didn't hear that last remark... And what did you say your name was? I don't belive I heard that either..."

At that moment the traveller began to speak of repairing the hut...

It's not mine anyway. I just rented it because I was staying on this island... Helping defend the city from evil creatures... They've been appearing around here more than normal...

Last edited by TheMatt2000 on 08-29-2001 at 11:54 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 08-29-2001 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni chuckled. Avalon was still staring thoughtfully out the "new door".

"You may call me Sister GoldenFlight." Standing up again, she made her way back outside to both thank the kind stranger, Sean, and offer any assistance he might need for food preparation.

The night air felt cool now, and breezes off the water brought salt-smell with them, awakening Ileni's empty stomach. H'Dero and Silver were easily visible, but young Foxhead had apparently wandered off. In the waning light, it was difficult to tell if he had really left, or retreated to some high perch. He seems to be fond of heights. She grimmaced at her own poor choice of words. Perhaps not after today! Guilt came back again at the thought of her accidental miscalculation. She searched again quickly for signs of the youth, mostly sure that his wounds at this point were more to his pride than his body. She hoped to see him appear soon. The smell of food will probably bring him back.

Turning back to Sean, she thanked him for his generosity and offered her help for the shared meal.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-29-2001 11:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NPC view:

"Sister GoldenFlight, please do not worry. I will prepare the meal. I want you to rest. If you must do something take the rug off to pony and spread it on the ground. I do not wish to eat on sand."

Sean prepared the wood for the fire. With him was some fruit and salted meat. He wanted to warm the meat so it would taste better. After the fire was started he took a long branch and put the hunks of meat on it. He sat down slowly cooking it over the fire. After a minute he retracted the stick and squeezed the fruit over the meat and let the juice seep in. After that he positioned the branch over the fire for the last stages of cooking. The aroma of the food swirled into the air.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 01:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Sitting on the rug in the cool sand, Ileni inhaled the mixed aroma of night air, salt water, pungent wood and the wondrous smell of the cooking meat. A cool breeze played across her face while the heat from the fire warmed her. The soft rug cushioned her gently in the sand. She closed her eyes and sank into the blissful feelings surrounding her. So peaceful. She inhaled deeply again, indulging her senses again. It was a soothing ending to an arduous day. Thank Thee, Norumen, for this blessed moment. The night was quiet, broken occasionally by the snap of the firewood and the sizzle of the cooking meat. Muted waves brushing the shore added their own rhythmic hush. Even Saere seemed to be still, lulled perhaps by the hypnotic flames of the fire. Ileni savored the night symphony for a few moments more, knowing this adventure would offer few better chances. Her normal emotional poise seemed to be returning. She blessed Sean in her thoughts for the peaceful moment as well. Time to return to the world she thought, slowly opening her eyes. They widened in shock and she let out an involuntary gasp.

PHEN'S ROBE! WHAT is Silver DOING?

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 09-07-2001 at 06:21 PM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Silver sat on the ground dazed. The back of his head was throbbing. His thoughts began to become jumbled. He shoved H'Dero into the cold waters of the ocean, then darted towards the hut.

Sitting in a nice row beside a pony was a bunch of food, of all different kinds. Silver smiled and picked it all up, and shoved it in a leather sack attached to the pony. He unstrapped the sack, and ran off into the mist...

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 02:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Sean finally finished cooking the meat. Time to pack back up the raw meat. As he looked for it he noticed it was gone. Sigh, they could of waited for me to cook it. With that he took the hot meat off of the stick and placed it on the rug.

"Dinner time!" he shouted, inviting everyone to eat.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

No, no, no! Not again! Ileni sat in shock, the calm of the last few mintues utterly shattered. Her mind reeled from the contrast.

Silver run amok, now missing, hut in shambles, H'Dero in the water, Foxhead who knows where, the scroll wet and in who knows what state, somewhere on some shore of some island, who knows where... her thoughts swirled around her like birds startled by an arrow.

Sean, the kind stranger, face utterly calm, placed the cooked meat on the rug and shouted "Dinner time!" as if it was an everyday occurance.

Ileni burst out laughing.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 05:30 AM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Avalon

Shakta's Shimmering Sword! These people are crazy!

Sean is roasting meat over an open flame, Sister Ileni is laughing out loud, the silver one just grabbed a hunk of raw meat and took off, shoving the big guy into that frigid sea. And what's with these two?! He never says a word, and she never shuts up!

Avalon, sitting on the beach, shrugged, and turned to face the giggling Ileni, and with a sigh she asked;

"Sister Ileni, is it like this every day?"

Last edited by TheMatt2000 on 08-31-2001 at 12:32 AM

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 05:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Oh dear. Ileni mopped her eyes, streaming from so much laughter and release. Is it like this every day?

"No dear, I'm afraid not. Some days, it's even worse!"

And she tried to smother another laugh at the disgusted look on the young girl's face.

Ileni reached out and touched the girl's arm. "I am truly sorry. We must seem like a ragtag group of ruffians here. Or beset by beasties in our heads. I could share our story with you, if you would like, and my fellow travelers approve?" Ileni looked around at Ewyn who nodded. Saere came over to sit on the rug. Sean served the meat and joined the group on the rug, looking interested. H’Dero sloshed out of the water looking like he could slaughter a dozen goblins, but the food, as ever, seemed to help calm him.

The meat was tangy and spicy and delicious. The group was quiet as they consumed it. The night had fallen, dark and heavy. The glow around the fire felt comforting. Staring into the flames, Ileni began the story, going back to her meeting with most of the travelers at Delkin Port. Avalon curled her arms around her bent knees and laid her head to one side of them, listening. Sean attended to the fire, poking at it from time to time, but attentive. At some point in her narrative, young Foxhead had slipped in and helped himself to some of the delicious meat. He and Avalon exchanged some tense stares across the fire before he retreated, limping, into the shadows behind Ileni. Saere opened her pack and began strumming her lovely lire and humming softly.

Ileni stumbled hurriedly through the goblin invasion at the mine and the resulting death of the hero, and their good friend and protector, Marius. H’Dero growled, his shoulders and fists clenched. Saere stopped her music and hung her head, red hair draped over her face. Ewyn reached out and put an arm around her shoulder. The sharp SNAP of twig behind Ileni made everyone jump. Avalon’s head jerked in the direction of the sound and looked straight into Foxhead’s darkened face. With a shrug, and an attempt at a self-depreciating grin, he flung the twig into the fire.

Ileni paused, watching the flames devour the broken twig, a tiny pyre in tribute to a great man. Saere slowly picked up her lire again and started strumming a plaintive melody.
Ileni continued with the story, skipping over unimportant details at the monastery. Then went on to describe the start of the quest, the second wave of fighting at the mine, their journey through the mine, suddenly remembering the glowing stone. She described the bizarre teleportation to the opposite shoreline and finished up with her own, ill-advised first attempt at the same, resulting in the now dilapidated state of the hut.

The group seemed to sigh in unison as she wound up the story. Faces glowed in the firelight and eyes seemed to be turned inward, lost in memory or thought.

Ileni turned to Avalon as said quietly, “Don’t judge us too hastily or too harshly, child. We are all battered warriors today. Some,” she nodded in Matthew’s direction,”more than others.”

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 09:11 PM
TheRealCrash
TravellerKnight

"Hey what the.."
Glurg
"Holy Phen this is cold! Hey! Silver! Get back here you stupid son of a pony!"
When I get my hand on him I'm going to beat him like a dirty goblin!

H'Dero crawls out of the icy water and his cloths suck his body heat away.

"I guess I must take off most of these damp clothes and head to camp. I sure hope that traveller has an extra pair of clothes, I don't want to have to drees up like a girl like my...friend....Silver did. Grrrrrrr when I get him he is dead!"

H'Dero heads to camp to recieve many funny looks from his fellow travellers.

"It's a long story...actually it is short but I don't want to talk about it! Where in the name of the Three is that pile of scrap metal?!"

TheRealCrash is offline Old Post 08-31-2001 03:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealCrash Click here to Send TheRealCrash a Private Message Click Here to Email TheRealCrash Find more posts by TheRealCrash Add TheRealCrash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

The silent reverie was gone now, shattered by H’Dero’s thundering anger.

Ileni sighed. For a moment, the group had come together in quiet communion. She watched as the blacksmith stormed around the fire. Reality intrudes into the gentlest of dreams.

“Perhaps,” she began softly, “we should call the day done and sleep whilst we may.” She touched Avalon lightly on the shoulder then rose awkwardly to her feet. Ileni trod unevenly across the sand in the direction of young Foxhead, intent on ensuring herself his injuries were easily remedied through rest. She worried that Silvran was off again, and sent another prayer toward Norumen. Blessed Lady of Peace, keep us all in your Divine Protection this night. We are weary and in need of rest. Guide our slumbers and surround us in Your Light. She felt more comfortable praying to the Goddess of Peace; Phen seemed too capricious these days. This was Norumen’s quest, it seemed. I think, Ileni stifled a yawn, that I shall stop praying to all Three; I do believe Phen’s influence on our adventures has gotten less than helpful. She grimaced again in remembrance of her prayer before Foxhead’s “safe” landing.

She slowed her gait as she found him resting against a tree. Please don’t tell me he’s thinking of perching there tonight! she groaned inwardly. I don’t have enough potions! She summoned her best diplomatic face, the one she used with Sister Eglantine, and moderately put forth, “Ah, sleeping under the tree tonight, I see; very wise. How fairs thee and thy injuries?”

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 09-03-2001 12:04 AM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Back2Matt

Ileni walked over by Matthew, and with a somewhat odd looking face said, “Ah, sleeping under the tree tonight, I see; very wise. How fairs thee and thy injuries?”

"Nothing a little sleep won't cure. And over the past few days I belive that I am developing a new fear of heights..."

Ileni looked quite relieved after Matthew's somewhat calmer statement.

"...But if I get whacked, bashed, kicked, punched or such," Matthew continued, recalling bashing down the wall, "someone might get hurt."

With a smile, Matthew finally said, "Goodnight."

Then he settled down at the stump of the tree, and was soon fast asleep.

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 09-03-2001 12:16 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni smiled. The ability of youth.... Feeling as old as Freidric, she walked unsteadily back to the fire and found Avalon curled up near the fire, her breathing steady. Asleep as well. Ileni smiled again. Sleep softened the girl's features, making the child she used to know more easily recognizable. That brought back memories of the young girl's parents, and their early demise. Full circle. She shook her sadly. No more memories tonight. Too.....*yawn*.....tired. Old bones.... Too weary now to look around for the others, she sank into the sand near Avalon and the fire, and wrapped her cloak around herself. How does Freidric get by....? closing her eyes on a silent sigh, she tucked her staff and her pack nearby and slipped into a fretful slumber.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 09-03-2001 12:25 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NPC view:

Sean was up and about pretty early in the day. He knew he had to get some food because the one they call Silver took all the raw food. Sean then went off into the woods carrying only his dagger. Within an hour he had collected some fruit off the trees sharpened some sticks he used to kill some small animals. With his new found food he quickly prepared it on the fire from last night which was still burning. Soon the aroma started stirring the sleepers...

Last edited by TridentRX on 09-07-2001 at 03:58 AM

TridentRX is offline Old Post 09-05-2001 09:31 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

"Help! Up here, we need a healer!” The panicked voice sliced through Ileni’s sleep and brought her fully awake. “What, where?” She never woke easily, and her sleep had been fitful. Not surprising given the day’s events….the teleportation, the hut, Avalon, the camp fire. Sleeping outside was not easy for someone her age, even if she was used to the Spartan “comforts” of the convent.

“Please, somebody! Anybody!” the wail wound through her thoughts. It sounded like a small child! “Coming! I am coming!” she shouted back and struggled to her feet. She grabbed her pack and her staff and looked around, trying to find where the shout had come from. “Over here!” Her head whipped in the direction of the voice and saw a small child dancing frantically up and down outside a cave and pointing into its ebony depths. Ileni sprinted up the hill, small beach brush tearing at her robe. “Please, hurry!” the tearful voice urged. “I really am getting too old for this,” she thought as another bramble tugged at her hem. Lunging up the sandy incline wasn’t easy, but she made it. “In there!” The little tow-headed child gestured, arm quivering. Normally cautious, Ileni held back, but sounds of pain wafted up from inside the opening. Whimpering things that crawled along her spine like tiny ice spikes. She hesitated again, but the imploring eyes of the youngster pushed past her caution. She quickly shielded herself, a gold glow flaring against the velvet opening. Staff clutched tightly, she hitched her pack higher on her back and edged forward.

The cave seemed to swallow the remaining light immediately. She turned to look back at the opening and the child waiting there, and found jet blackness. A frozen hand seemed to grab her heart. “This is NOT right!” her instincts screamed. She wavered. The moaning and whimpering grew louder. “Which way?” her head insisted she leave. Now. The velvet blackness was all encompassing. It closed around her like a womb around a babe. “Or a tomb!” her mind gasped. Her eyes strained for light. A pinprick, a candle flicker, a star, a sliver, anything... Nothing. More moaning. Her knee-jerk reaction was to turn completely around and walk back in the direction she knew she must have come from. She had planted her staff and pivoted on her heel when she heard it. Lightly it came, gently it crawled, until it insinuated itself into the blackness. It wound around her feet, stopping them in mid-turn, then it slithered up her spine and into her ears. It was a whipsy, half-voiced thing, alive without a human throat:

“Iiiilleeeennnnniiiiiii……”

It brushed coldly across her face. And froze her there. Eyes wide, straining in the dark, full of fear, were suddenly blinded by an eruption of ice-blue light.

“Ileniiii….” It whispered in her own voice! She clutched her throat, gone cold and dry. She tried to swallow. The bright light died, leaving behind a pale blue glint encrusted on the walls and ceilings of the cave.

Eyes barely adjusted, she began to make out the faint shape of a figure in a dark robe. The face was still in shadow, a blue nimbus pulsating around the rest of the body. The robe moved! The fabric was writhing, made of some live substance, like a hundred undulating snakes. The faint hissing sound confirmed it and pushed Ileni’s stomach into her dry throat. She gagged, and almost missed the faint chink! of iron across the floor. There at the feet of the…the…thing! was the source of the whimpering moans she had heard. A small, dark-haired child huddled, wrists bound in irons, chained to the figure. Scrawny arms, covered in bruises, hung limply from their chains. Blackened soles on the feet and sores from what could have only been burns caused Ileni’s head to twist in discomfort. Barely daring to breathe, she was torn between wanting to heal and wanting to flee. The child was so wretchedly in need of comfort. Dark hair swayed on a too-slender neck as it turned to look up at Ileni with large, liquid eyes. Ileni felt herself getting sucked into the depths of those pain-wracked eyes.

“Ileni…” the voice that was both inhuman and hers issued from the snake-enrobed figure.

Ileni shook, stomach clenched, hands cold, mind frozen. The figure stepped forward, light playing across its head. The slowly receding shadow danced nastily across a face she had seen before. Seen in countless bronze platters and rivers and fountain beds. The one that stared back at her from the small polished silver reflector in her room at the convent. Ileni gasped, a sound torn from her chest. It smiled. And stepped closer, silver hair reaching out to mingle with Ileni’s sable. It came into her face, breathing into her breath. Noses touching. Eyes staring into eyes. Ileni’s limbs heaved in primordial fear. It reached out and with a black-nailed claw and ripped the pouch containing her mother’s journal from her waist. It laughed and the pouch erupted into flame, the burning book clutched in its hand. Looking back into Ileni’s eyes, it plunged its other claw into Ileni’s chest and grabbed her heart. Ileni screamed as it squeezed, the snakes slithering into her chest cavity to feed upon the blood that ran there. Smoke clogged her lungs as she screamed one last time:

“Noooooooooooooooooo!”

The smell of burning stung her nostrils. Her body heaved, trying to fling off the snakes. Her eyes widened in pain. She stared into the soulless eyes of

Sean. He smiled down at her as he tended the fire.

“Good morning, Ileni. How did thee sleep?”

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 09-07-2001 at 02:51 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 09-07-2001 02:38 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NPC view:

"We have to leave early today if we are to make it by sundown." Sean slowly rotated the fresh meat over the fire. "Will you wake the others? It's almost ready."

TridentRX is offline Old Post 09-07-2001 03:58 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni stared, dumbfounded, remnants of dreams still crawling around her. It took her a minute or two to comprehend what Sean had just said.

Shaking her head, and surreptitiously checking her front for gaping holes, she half-crawled, half-crouched over to gently wake the sleeping girl curled into a tight ball near her. Head still in her dream, she was aware enough to note that a light touch to Avalon's shoulder brought her immediately alert.

Past experience with Saere at the convent had taught her to try a little harder to galvanize the sleepy songstress, and she paused by her side for a moment or two.

Ewyn seemed to rouse as soon as he noted movement. His dark eyes, still slightly bruised with sleep blinked owlishly at her. She could almost see his keen mind come into focus as he looked around.

H'Dero was snoring deeply, back to the fire and the rest of the fellowship. She was pondering whether he would take a heavy hand to wake him or whether he slept lightly, a possible behavior learned from years of guarding his blades. She was about to reach out a hand when Foxhead walked past on his way to the beach. Obviously taking in her motion with one look, Matthew shook his head "no" at her with a darkly warning glance. He tilted his head towards the fire, indicating she should move back.

Ileni remembered those two at each other's throats from Delkin and wondering what was to happen, she quickly scuttled out of the way.

She watched as Matthew bent down, scooped up a handful of sand and tossed it lightly in H'Dero's direction. H'Dero grunted, and a hand came up and swatted at the sand. He snored again. Matthew picked up a second handful of sand and tossed it. By now, Ileni was grinning almost as much as the young man. Another grunt, another swat, but this time H'Dero rolled over. A light, tinkling laugh from over Ileni's shoulder opened the blacksmith's eyes and he stared at the assembled party that was watching him. It took him a minute to realize what had happened. Turning bright red, he growled and rolled towards Foxhead who sprinted for the water.

Ileni noticed Matthew was no longer limping.

She turned back to Sean. "I think we are all awake now," she said with a wry grin, her mood brightening.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 09-07-2001 at 06:02 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 09-07-2001 04:29 AM
TheRealCrash
TravellerKnight

That stupid boy. If he continues these games I may just hang him up by his toes and mend his teeth into my next sword...

H'Dero slowly rises, shaking the sand out of his hair and off his face. He noticed the traveller cooking food. At the though of food H'Dero's stomach let out a loud growl.

"I am hungry, give me some food."

An apprehensive look was on the travellers face at H'Dero's rude command.

"...please."

TheRealCrash is offline Old Post 09-07-2001 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealCrash Click here to Send TheRealCrash a Private Message Click Here to Email TheRealCrash Find more posts by TheRealCrash Add TheRealCrash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NPC view:

"Yes, yes. It is ready now. There is plenty for all. I am leaving right after we are done eating. You are welcome to join me." Sean smiled and looked down at the fire.

Last edited by TridentRX on 09-08-2001 at 03:47 AM

TridentRX is offline Old Post 09-07-2001 11:25 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni walked over to Sean and thanked him quietly for all his help.

"Thee have been more than kind to a band of weary strangers in thy midst. If the rest of the townspeople are as welcoming as thee, we shall be truly blessed."

Always the healer aren't you? Either bodies or feelings..swirled through her thoughts. That seems to be my role in life...she argued back. The memory of the dream lingered in her thoughts, causing her to doubt herself.

Taking the food Sean had so generously offered, Ileni went off to find a quiet spot away from everybody so she could digest her meal and her thoughts in peace.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 01:53 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NPC view:

Sean watched the party devour the food quietly. When they were finished he walked over to the pony and packed his personal belongings. After he was done he untied the pony. "Well we better be off then." Sean started to guide the pony to the rest of the group.

"If you want you may put your things in the pouches on the pony. that is if you are coming along" Sean stated plainly. "I am going back to my city."

TridentRX is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 03:52 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Saere watched blearily as the Quest started walking again, this time away from the sea. She hadn't really caught much of the last while, drifting in and out of a jumbled mind. Ewyn stayed close to her side, and she valued the companionship of the silent squire. She was having violent nightmares about getting swarmed by black skinned goblins and being crucified and burned before a swirling pool...

She snapped out of the doze and saw Ewyn standing in front of her, his impassive face staring at her with deep wells of concern in his eyes. She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. 'Do not worry thyself. A little sleep cannot stop a Quest written on parchment... right?'

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Sean quietly lead the group to the foot of a mountain, then after pondering the correct course he took off again. Up the hills the quest went. It was a long and difficult climb it was almost nightfall before they reached the top. Once upon the summit they stopped and rested and took in the extravagant view. Before them was a valley filled with trees and wildlife. Birds flocked the sky and the water in the sea glistened from the sun which was low on the horizon. Before them in the valley was a beautiful city surrounded on all four sides by walls several stories high. The center was a town square with 4 main streets coming from it. The corners of the walls shone like crystals. There wasn't a cloud in the sky as the stars began to shine. The air smelled fresh and clean. "We will be resting here tonight." Sean finally broke the overall awe.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 09-13-2001 09:11 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Saere breathed the crystal air deeply. 'The Shining City! I know this place. My mother used to tell me about the way it sparkled and the marvelous battles against the Orcs.'

Ewyn glanced at her from the corner of his eye. He sighed heavily and pointed at the city, clearly indicating where they should go.

'I also heard that they don't like... visitors.' Saere muttered.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 09-13-2001 10:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

The sight of the sparkling city was almost breathtaking enough to momentarily dull the ache in Ileni's bones. The climb had been hard, especially after the lack of a restful night's sleep. Thoughts still swirled through her head. It felt like her emotions were at war with her thoughts. It was starting to reach a point where she was afraid of herself and what she might do.

Years of training, kept those thoughts and feelings hidden from the rest of the group. Her face seemed placid as she stared from the top of the hill. She tried to find something uplifting in the sounds of the sea and the abundant life in the valley below. She closed her eyes and inhaled the clean air, taking some comfort in the peace of the outdoors. It reminded her of her beloved convent garden. She opened her eyes; the stars overhead seemed to wink in agreement.

She was just starting to feel soothed when Saere's muttered comment hit her. She turned her head sharply to try and discern the expression on Saere's face. What did she mean by that? She looked around to try and find Avalon. Surely she would be able to explain... But the other young girl just stared back impassively, one eyebrow tilted up. Foxhead seemed to be staring at the city and rubbing his chin, deep in contemplation of something. I don't want to know what trouble he's thinking up..

She turned back to see if Sean needed any assistance, half-hoping he wouldn't. She wanted a quiet spot away from everyone to gather herself together if they were going to be running into more people tomorrow, especially ones that didn't like visitors. Her mother's journal bumped against her waist as she settled her pack. It issued a silent call. I MUST find time to read this. There is something here I need to learn. It nagged at her as she walked towards Sean.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 09-14-2001 02:33 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Ewyn held the still damp parchment ahead of him. As they drew nearer to the Sanctuary it was becoming almost golden, as if there was a light being shone behind it. He was also noticing a shine around Saere, which he believed Saere herself could not see. A faint transparency was around her, as a crystal phial filled with light..

Saere caught the Squire looking at her and turned a puzzled smile towards him. She couldn't help but giggle as she stretched and made Ewyn flush and turn his gaze. The Esquire was handsome in his own way, quiet and filled with resolve. Her heart dwelled upon Silver, who showed no further sign of interest in her. The knight was a ruggedly handsome scoundrel. She studied Ewyn, the young man figdeted as they stood upon the precipice.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Last edited by Strider on 09-15-2001 at 07:02 PM

Strider is offline Old Post 09-14-2001 04:07 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni, conferring with Sean, never saw the quiet moment shared between Saere and Ewyn. Sean had started another fire for the night’s camp and declined Ileni’s help again. Used to assisting with evening meals at the convent, and often for her fellow travelers, she felt at a slight loss. Mundane chores always soothed her in the past, yet there seemed to be nothing to do there. Restless, and still edgy, she worried about Silver, and the growing tension between Avalon and Foxhead. Wary companions do not make for good company. She snorted derisively. I suppose I am no better at the moment.

After evening meal, another delicious affair served by the wonderfully kind Sean, she wandered off to find a quiet spot to think. Her need for solitude was ever-present. Thoughts of her morning’s dream still clung to the back of her mind. Sitting by herself, the camp fire a tiny beacon away, she pondered herself and her dreams. They had ruled her entire life. From childhood on, the nightmares always shaped her. Into her adult years, the dreams of freedom and release from the confinement of the convent. Dreams of knowledge and truth. This journey brings me to a place where I can no longer ignore them. The wind picked up, salty air blowing through her robe; a chill that moved her back to the warm camp fire.

As she settled down for another night’s rest, her thoughts drifted towards her mother’s journal again. It seemed to be a talisman for her, holding out hope for answers. A key to her dreams. Soon…soon I shall read it became her constant refrain as she slid into slumber.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 09-19-2001 08:58 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

Silver Of Keldrin's View

Silver began to regain his sanity as the night dragged on. He had spent the previous night sleeping under a fallen tree, and woke up feeling drained. His once glinting armor had began to rust, no longer did the light reflect off it, but almost seemed to dodge it. The edges has begun to rust, and also did his mind. No longer was he the hero, but he was becoming the villain. No longer was he the picture of justice, but was now the sign of evil. His mind haad corroded to the point where basic thought was becoming hard. in his heart, he knew he was going to die if this quest did not come to an end soon. For the prophecy said none the less that the one in the glinting silver armor shall be cursed. He prayed to Phen for strength, and continued his fruitless wandering...

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 09-21-2001 04:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Morning slid quietly into Ileni’s thoughts this time, a welcome relief from yet another night of dreams. Laying on her back on the hard ground, she squinted her eyes against the early sun, enjoying the weak morning warmth on her face. Light! After the dreams of darkness, she craved the light. The foul creature of her dreams had returned, in all her blackness, voice slithering against Ileni’s soul. She shriveled inside in memory. The creature had laughed cruelly in her face, “I’ve brought you a gift, “ it had hissed. Chains had rattled, and a captive wretch had crawled into Ileni’s sight. Silver’s ravaged face had peered out from behind his rusted helmet; his eyes, unfathomable wells of torment. Even in her dream, his pain felt suffocating. It blew from his shoulders like a tattered cloth and clung to her face, filling her eyes and mouth with gagging substance. His voice, melded with the creature’s; his sorrow-laced and suffering cutting through the hissing, “IIIIlllleniiiii……help me…” It had faded, leaving her sad and shaken. Morning light had pulled her from the dream.

She could hear sounds now of others stirring. Time to be up, she sighed thickly and opened her eyes. The ocean sparkled white against a blue sky. Off in the distance two gulls soared and wheeled freely over the peaceful sea. We will find you, Silver! she vowed in her thoughts. Anger flared briefly at all The Three had wrought. ...helpless pawns in Their Quest.....
She tried to shake it off as she rose to help the others. What awaits us today? And how far, she thought wearily, 'til journey's end?

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 09-23-2001 08:31 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Saere and Ewyn woke with bleary yawns and stretches. 'Another day, another march. Bebother quests of any kind.' Saere muttered, trilling her voice to get it ready for another marching song.

Ewyn settled back on his uncomfortable 'bed', if it could be called such. He pulled Saere around and scratched something on his tablet.

'No singing until midday, please.' Saere read aloud, glancing dubiously at Ewyn. 'What about some lire music?' Ewyn shook his head vehemently.

'Did I keep you up too late with those stories?' Saere teased, watching the squire blush scarlet. They had spent most of the night feeding each other whispers and hastily written messages.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 09-26-2001 10:10 PM