Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > Divinity: Journeymen
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Divinity: Journeymen

(OOC - This is directly related to the journey to Sanctuary Island and the finding and losing of the Key. After that, I will create a new one for the sieging of the mines and the finding of the stone)

IC-

Saere studied the dark with her adjusting eyes. Ewyn pondered his map and pointed down a hallway that seemed to glower with evil and dark omen.

'We must descend deeper into the mines. Prithee, let us continue before the shadows overtake us.' Saere called to the straggling Questers. H'Dero strode up with a storm upon his face. Silver clung to Ileni, who hobbled under the weight.

Ewyn came suddenly to a swaying robe bridge crossing a chasm. The bridge, while servicable, was obviously meant for the light, lithe feet of goblins and gnolls. No troll could cross this bridge, he was sure.

Last edited by SilverHorse on 08-14-2001 at 10:29 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Strider is offline Old Post 07-28-2001 01:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

(OOC - I was afraid this would happen. Everyone is losing interest as roleplaying goes on because they can't think up any stories. Well, cmon! At least finish Divinity)

(Double OOC: I just caught a problem with my earlier post, since Ewyn can't speak... =])

IC -

Ewyn led them into a high vaulted room. A rickety staircase was the only means of going up, where a faint glow permeated the rock.
'Tell us, Squire. Is that the Jewel aura?' Saere questioned in awe.
Ewyn cratched an answer on his tablet and hurried along.

Last edited by SilverHorse on 08-14-2001 at 10:29 PM

Strider is offline Old Post 07-29-2001 03:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

ooc: pssst....Strider....check OOC thread. is this new story? continuatiion of divinity? branch story? And tell Rumble and Silver to post. I'd LOVE to keep going.
----------------------------------

IC: Ileni

The air and the walls inside the darkness felt damp. Footsteps echoed eerily and added to Ileni’s uneasiness. I hate dark places. Silver’s weight was getting harder to sustain.
She looked around, trying to find Young Foxhead and H’Dero in the darkness. She could feel herself growing increasingly angry. Ever since that last encounter with the goblins…Old Freidric warned me about dark magic… She could feel her mother’s journal gently bumping against her side as she walked, reminding her she needed to find time to read it. Not in here. Not now. Not without light. The glowing rock distorted Saere's face as she looked around in awe. Ileni suddenly realized the direction Ewyn had hurried. We’re going up that staircase? She shifted under Silver's weight again.

“Esquire, please slow thy passage! Our friend Silvran is injured and requires assistance. H’Dero, Foxhead, come forward and aid us.” Her eyes searched the darkness again for the rest of the party.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 07-30-2001 at 05:14 PM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-30-2001 12:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Down.

The one word scribbled on the tablet Ewyn handed Saere spoke foreboding and omen, with a simple word.

The hole in the center of the vast room gaped like a maw.

'Nay, Esquire! Need we go down, ere the knights with their light?' Saere exclaimed softly.

A chatter of words burst out of Ileni and Saere jumped. Clasping a hand over her beating heart, she turned a scolding finger on the healer, although a gleeful smile still touched her lips.

Ewyn moaned in his thoughts. The ability to speak is truly a blessing. Curse that man.

Last edited by SilverHorse on 08-14-2001 at 10:28 PM

Strider is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 09:02 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Chagrined, Ileni looked back at Saere. The startled song stress wagged an admonishing finger at her, but Ileni could see the ghost of a smile flitter across her lips. She sighed, a short, quiet puff of breath and shifted again with Silver’s weight. A hand reached out from the darkness and quietly touched her. Jumpy, her head snapped in that direction and found another grinning face close to hers. Blackish-brown eyes glittered mischievously at her from the dark, as if aware of her internal nervousness. Matthew Foxhead slipped in quietly next to Ileni and nodded, before easing Silver’s sagging body away from her. She nodded back, unable to contain her own crooked smile in response. I do not understand why I am so taken with this young rapscallion. she wondered again. Perhaps I sense his keen mind and curiosity. She felt an unfamilar bubble of giddiness percolate up through her unease. Maybe it’s the sense of adventure… She had to break off a laugh before Saere scolded her again. Adventure? Oh Phen, deliver us from more adventure! Rolling her eyes, she found Foxhead watching her with his head tilted to one side. She grinned and winked, and had the satisfaction of seeing an unguarded look of astonishment run across his face.

She turned towards the Esquire and saw him scowling at the gaping hole in the center of the room. It was obvious the way out was down. Not sure what was down there, Ileni quickly provided protection by shielding everyone in the party. The glow from her spell flared, briefly illuminating the ring of faces around the hole. Their heads looked strange, as if floating, disconnected, against the dark backdrop of the room.

Down it is! she breathed in, setting her own face resolutely. Who’s first? she wondered and looked around.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Seeing the fear and hesitation from the others, Ileni began to wonder about her traveling companions. Why did Freidric pick her to be part of this group? She could have been free to wander the gardens, enjoying sunshine instead of stuck in this dark, damp, unholy place. Thirty years of contained anger at being constrained in a moldy convent roiled to the surface. The rage, constantly tamped down, was now so close to the surface, she barely had to tap it before it erupted into out-rage.

Milksops! she condemned, glaring scathingly at them all. Hoisting her robe over her feet, she jumped with bristling energy and fairly flew into the hole.

She heard gasps and "Wait!" behind her. H'Dero growled. I don't care. If this leads to a damnable hell-hole, I don't care. At least we move on! Closer to my freedom, one way or another!

The fall seemed endless. Her hair flew around her face, obscuring view. She felt a rush of air, cold damp, with a nauseating rotting undertone. Sounds from above grew fainter.
Bright light flared then turned a sickly green.

WHUMP! It was a jarring landing, and her limbs protested their abuse. Her backside had collected most of the fall. Bruised, but not hurt, she strained to see through the darkness. Anger still coursing through her, she felt energy flow and collect in her hands. “UUUUhhhgggggggrrrrr !” She flung her fists away from her, a childish, temper-induced tantrum. Fire burst and crackled against rock. She heard it echo down a passage, somewhere ahead of her, that she could not see.

Sounds wisped back. Not echoes of anything she had done. Movement. Something was down there….

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 08-08-2001 at 03:51 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 07:46 PM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

She Jumped!

Yes, she jumped.

If an aging cleric can jump down a little hole, I sure can too!

Matthew dropped Silver right onto the ground.

Feeling a huge burst of adrenalin, Matthew called out, "Wait for me!"

The rest of the party was giving Matthew some very odd looks, so Matthew replied, "What are you 'adventurers' waiting for?"

Matthew then remebered dropping Silver, so he shrugged, turning to face the hole.

After stepping back a few feet, Matthew ran towards the empty blackness, and leapt forward.

About halfway into the air, Matthew realized that if he keep falling forward, he would smash into the opposite side of the hole.

Not good!

CRUNCH!

"Owwwcchhhhhhhhhh......."

Matthew then began to slowly slide down the wall of the hole, feeling a chilly breeze race across his face, when he suddenly fell off...

...And a few seconds later, landed on his behind.

"Urrggh... That hurrrr....t."

Sister Ileni looked over at Matthew, with one eyebrow raised.

Matthew replied by grinning, and shrugging his shoulders, which turned out to be a bad move, as his shoulders were covered with bruises from the rock-wall.

Last edited by TheMatt2000 on 08-07-2001 at 08:30 PM

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 08:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

"So KIND of you to join us! Would you like mulled wine in your mead or just plain?" Ileni fluttered sarcastically.

Hmmm, Foxhead looks a little bruised. Do I heal him or not?
She tilted her head in unconscious imitation of his earlier movement.

As if reading her thoughts again, Foxhead spat out, "I'm FINE!".

She giggled.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 08-08-2001 at 03:54 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 08:27 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NPC: Sklanmurkd, the power-crazy goblin

WHUMP! A new smell invaded his domain. He sniffed, paused, sniffed again.
Tall people! His nostrils flared.

Sklanmurkd get rid of tall people! His fingers crushed around the stone chip, cutting into his hand. Drips of green ooze slid to the floor. His arm glowed, veins threading to his shoulder pulsed bright green…

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 08:27 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Saere was a little more slow and prim at descending down the hole. With little fits of giggles, she got Ewyn to tie, anchor and test a rope so she could delve in to the forboding dark. A flash practiced daring, grotesque shapes across her face and she turned her eyes from a bright fireball that erupted below her. She lost her balance and fell with a unceremonious whumph! to the rocky floor.

Ewyn frowned again. This 'adventure' continues to try my patience..

As the other Quester's followed, the group cast their fate to the wind, what little there was in the dank cavern. Suddenly, the ground became completely smooth and polished, and reflected no light from the torches, giving an appearance of utter darkness below them.

H'Dero leaned over and gasped. He studied at the glass, darky substance and saw that it had the same luminosity as keldrinite, which his family had nearly cleared the mines of when they had control.

Black keldrinite? Ewyn's eyes widened in fear. We're here.

A massive tome-slab lay ahead of them. Ewyn studied the markings and froze. He hurriedly etched some words on his tablet and then dissapeared behind the slab. A flash brightened the cave and Saere picked up the tablet, reading the message aloud.

'We need a key.'

The Questers crowded after Ewyn and saw a luminous stone sitting on a pedestal, before they all, one by one, dissapeared and reappeared in sight of the Sea of Weilios, where the only island floated silently.

Last edited by SilverHorse on 08-14-2001 at 10:28 PM

Strider is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 05:07 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Bright light. Saere’s words. Key? All swirled through Ileni’s head. Her body felt totally disoriented. Time and place shifted abruptly. She felt or sensed the others with her but couldn’t quite see them. They all seemed to be disembodied again. Or transparent. Phen save us, what is happening? Was her last coherent thought. The sight of the glowing stone on the pedestal barely imbedded itself in her consciousness.

The dark, damp mine was somewhere else. It was not where they were.
As her mind grasped to keep up with the motion of her body, she slowly started regaining some of her senses. The bright line still glowed in her eyes, making shapes seem foggy and unreal. She could hear water somewhere. And smell fresher air. A slight wind told her she was outside. She strained her senses for sight or sound of the others. A dark patch here…Foxhead?..and a gleam of silver there…Silvran…..white…Saere…a groan, a throaty, low growl..H’Dero, yes! ..a rustle of parchment…The Esquire! Are we all here? But where IS here?

The lack of natural sound was unnerving.

Her brain started to work again. We….transported!

She tried to feel around, to find what she was sitting in…..sand?

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 07:13 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

Silver Of Keldrin's View

Silver slowly awoke from his deep state of unconscienceness. He tried to move his legs, but he was drained of energy. He felt so weak, yet his mind was beginning to feel strong. He mustered all the energy he had in him just to move his hand. He laid it on the ground, and felt something other than the cold, wet stone of the mines. He felt warm sand. The rest of his senses began to slowly work again. He could feel the soft touch of wind on his face, and he could smell not the musty smell of the mines, but fresh air! Joseph sensed other around him. He opened his mouth to speak, and realized his mouth was parched it hurt to speak. So he began to grunt. He sensed movement beside him, and felt the soft touch of a woman. Only Illeni's touch could be that soft...

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Another groan. Silver. I forgot he was hurt! Ileni found hard gleaming metal. She remembered the weight she had help sustain for so long in the mine. Shame rolled through her and anger subsided again as the discipline of her training took over. Her head still felt fuzzy, and her senses not quite alive, but her determination was still in place. My pack is still intact! Thank Thee, Three, for that small miracle. Mentally berating herself for her earlier, ill-advised, bravado, she felt around for the correct vial to administer. Holding the vial at eye level to identify it, she reached back towards Silver to place it in his hand. She would need his help to guide it towards his own mouth. Her eyes still had not adjusted to whatever had happened in the transition from the mine to....to....this place...

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 08-08-2001 at 11:47 PM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 07:37 AM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Rubbing his behind, Matthew muttered,

"I don't know what this is... but it's a lot softer than cave rock..."

THUNK!

Matthew's nearly unconscious head fell on top of Silvran's armor.

"I... need... to steal... somebody's... helmet..."

Matthew then passed out.

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Thunk! Foxhead slammed into Silver's chest right in front of Ileni, knocking the healing potion out of her hand. Nooo! She lunged toward it, blindly, trying to catch it. She heard it land with a muted thud in the sand a few feet away. The soft gurgling sound told her the bottle was intact but the liquid was pouring out. Why do the Divinities torment us so? she wailed in her head, feeling the ground in front of her in desperate hopes of finding the lost liquid. And now Foxhead is out as well. I have no energy to heal them… she clenched her fists in frustrated determination. She could swear on Phen’s oath that she heard soft laughter from above.

Go ahead, THREE, MOCK US! she flung through her thoughts, still patting the ground around her.

As if in answer, the air abruptly turned chill. Wind, skipping lightly from the water, grew stronger, bringing moisture. Fat droplets of rain spat down from the sky. Her robes flattened against her in the growing wind. Hair whipped around her face, filling her open mouth. The smell of salt air grew sharp and tangy. Rain suddenly lashed. Sounds of water churning, waves crashing almost drowned out the voices of her companions.

“Storm!” came Saere’s cry.

“Find shelter! Head inland!” shouted H’Dero.

Bright light flashed and thunder ripped through her ears.
Ileni struggled to stand, but the strong wind drove her back down.

“Silver! Foxhead!” Ileni shouted above the torrent.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 08-09-2001 at 12:53 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 11:39 PM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

"Gurrgghhhhgggllll...."

Well... I'm glad Silver has tough ar--- GREAT GLOBS OF GOBLINS! PHEN IS TAKING A BATH!

An immense downpour of rain glurshed straight towards the ground, along with a sharp cold wind.

“Storm!” came Saere’s cry.

“Find shelter! Head inland!” shouted H’Dero.

“Silver! Foxhead!” Ileni shouted from somewhere over Matthew's shoulder.

Against a roaring wind, Matthew rolled over and got up onto his knees, then called, "Get moving! I'll take Silver!" Matthew then grabbed a hold of the paladin's hand, and began to slowly crawl after the others...

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 01:32 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

(OOC - I'm back)

IC-

Saere slipped on the loose soil, which was rapidly becoming mud. Lightning flashed and above them a explosion of dirt and rocks created a massive landslide which pushed the Quest to the water's edge.

Two meteors streaked across the sky and the downpour began to slow.

Last edited by SilverHorse on 08-14-2001 at 10:27 PM

Strider is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 03:17 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

OOC: thanks to Matty for his one-liner.
--------------------------
IC:

Ileni lay on her back, mud oozing around her, encasing her in cold, limb-sapping muck. Rain pattered against her up-turned face. Blinking droplets out of her eyes, she saw smears of light streak across the heavens.

Cold.

Numb.

Tired.

Foxhead's inquisitive face popped into her view, upside down.

"Sister GoldenFlight, are you dead yet?"

"Yes. Now leave me alone."

And she shut her eyes again.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 07:26 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Saere blinked. Then she burst out laughing as she stood up in sopping clothes, dripping with mud and sludge.

This is nothing to laugh about. Ewyn thought, grimacing over a scratched shoulder. We're wet, and we have no way of getting to that island without getting even more wet. He felt for his pack and stiffened in shock.

THE SCROLL!

Last edited by SilverHorse on 08-14-2001 at 10:27 PM

Strider is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 02:29 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Saere’s silvery laughter rang out, forcing Ileni’s eyelids open. "No rest for the wicked," rolled through her thoughts. She sighed. She struggled to sit up and felt the ooze sucking her back. She sat up again. Or tried. It sucked her back. Wishing she was the type that could utter nice, earthy phrases, she finally wrenched herself upright in time to see the shocked expression on The Esquire’s face. It was almost comical, the way he stood stock still then abruptly sprang into panicked motion. The meaning of his frantic hand signals and frenzied digging into his pack finally dawned on her. His scroll! Oh my! The sodden lump he pulled from his pack barely resembled the proud, informative parchment that started the quest.

Ewyn, brave lad, stood resolute, dark eyes bruised.

He was pointing at an island in the distance and indicating the group needed to head there. There? She frowned. And how do we get there? Fly? Swim? She looked around at the group gathering around Ewyn. H’Dero looked more unhappy than normal, which was saying a lot. Ileni remembered he wasn’t fond of water.

H”Dero stood at the shore and frowned. At the water, at the island, at the situation; Ileni couldn’t tell. Foxhead had retrieved yet another vial of healing potion from her and after downing half himself, was helping the revived Silvran swallow the rest.

Ileni’s pack of potions was dwindling. Her energy was lagging and she was seriously depressed. She was aware enough to have kept track of the passage of time, and today marked an important occasion for her. Back at the convent, she would have passed a quiet dinner with fatherly Old Friedric, amid good wishes from the fellow priests and healers. She might have received a new cloak, or perhaps a basket of herbs to plant in her peaceful garden. She might have even gotten something from Sister Eglantine…
She shuddered. Better to be here…she almost smiled at avoiding the gossipy old…she cut herself off.

Besides, I’ve got a wonderful present right here. Patting her mother’s journal, that lay safely in her pouch, she looked across to the others. Silver and young Matthew were sitting quietly, H’Dero wandered along the shoreline, picking up pieces of driftwood, hopefully to start a fire and help dry out the scroll. The Esquire was trying desperately to unroll it, while Saere dabbed at it with her Coran, trying, ineffectivley, to soak up the excess moisture into her already damp fabric. Her giggling pats added to Ewyns's distress.

Dare I take a few stolen moments for myself? Glancing guiltily over her shoulder, she hid behind a large boulder that had tumbled down in the avalanche, and reached for her mother’s precious gift.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 08-13-2001 at 04:14 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-13-2001 03:36 AM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Uch. That one tasted worse than the last one!

After downing half a blue potion, Matthew stuck the bottle into Silvran's mouth, holding his nose, causing him to swallow.

Well, at least Ileni is allright. But we still have to---

Matthew looked over at Ewyn, and saw the distressed look on his face as he felt into his pack. Matthew grabbed Silvrans nose even harder as he realized the problem at hand... THE SCROLL!

Oops...
Matthew then realized that he was still holding Silvran's nose. Letting go, Matthew began to think about how they could possibly get to the island...

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 08-13-2001 04:54 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

…the leather was stiff from age. The pages fragile but readable. Her mother’s spidery writing sliced through her emotions. Even after 35 years, the loss still hurt. Hands trembling, she smoothed the pages, trying to draw comfort. She heard shouting in the distance but it barely registered. She wanted to linger, to absorb, to delve and dwell inside the book, where the last remnant of her mother lived. And she would. But not today…

With a deep sigh, Ileni turned pages, looking for the real gifts this journal would bring. Not remembered closeness, nor a connection to her lost parents, but knowledge. Truth and skills she could use, now. Help me mother, the forgotten child beseeched, help me find the spells I need. She rifled through pages, searching, almost instinctively for something she couldn’t even name. She felt the return of her drive for knowledge swelling inside her again. The familiar rush of focused energy that fueled her persistence was joyously welcomed. Sketches flitted past as pages turned. She saw poses that felt familiar, spells she had practiced. Warmth, gratitude, confidence built.
I’m on the right path!!

Another shout rang through the air. Closer this time. Head down, she kept at the book. Close, so close, it’s here…where…? more pages…

“Ah HA!” she lept to her feet, face alive with a renewed glow. Eyes quickly scanned her mother’s illustration, a picture of a group of people surrounded in light inside a forest and then the group inside a castle. She scanned the words underneath, silently mouthing them as she tried to memorize.

“ILENI! There you are!” Saere’s face poked into her reading space.

Ileni looked up at Saere intently, searchingly. Caught in a moment of indecision, looking inside herself to feel if she could do this thing. Dare I? Can I do this? Will it harm them if I fail?

“What?” Saere stared back, realizing something was going on with Ileni.

She hesitated then baldly stated, “I think I have a way for us to get to the island.”

Saere started to speak, and Ileni quickly cut her off, "Not all at once...but maybe I can get some of us there, one at a time..."

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-13-2001 05:35 AM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

“Ah HA!”

Either Ileni has an idea or she's gone berserk from that dark magic book...

“I think I have a way for us to get to the island.”

Saere started to speak, and Ileni quickly cut her off, "Not all at once...but maybe I can get some of us there, one at a time..."

Guess she has an id--- She can cast arcane magic too?!

After living amongst Fort Ethren for nearly all of his childhood, Matthew remebered seeing various druids practicing arcane magic; Teleporting one another to various spots around the castle, or magically moving large rocks from one place to another. The druids, being competent with some weapontry and lacking in both dark and white magic, resorted to Arcane magic as their method of fighting.

Once, during one of the elven invasions, three of the royal druids magically lifted up a giant boulder, and dropped it right in the middle of a swarm of pointy-eared invaders... I wonder what Ileni plans to do now?

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 08-13-2001 04:56 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni stepped out from behind her hidden spot as Saere skipped gaily ahead.

“Ewyn….guess what…..Ileni is…” Saere called out, wind whipping the rest of the words away.

Ileni followed more slowly, still wondering the wisdom of her own words.
This new impulsive leaping into situations still bothered her. She longed for the days when she could sit, alone and unbothered in her dark corners.

She found Matthew Foxhead looking at her questioningly, one eyebrow raised. She blinked solemnly. He grinned.

Silver looked up questioningly as well, but his was a more trusting face. She was glad to see some of his color had returned. He looked alert again, but still recovering.

“Thank thee, Master Foxhead,” Ileni inclined her head towards Silver. “For thy assistance with our good friend Silvran.”

Foxhead’s crooked grin widened as he bowed with a self-mocking flourish.

The wind tugged at Ileni’s robe as she searched for the rest of the party. The Esquire was in animated conversation with Saere; that is to say, Saere was talking animatedly and Ewyn was endeavoring to endure it. H’Dero had managed to get a small camp fire going and had his back to everyone as he tended to it. Was the scroll ok? Ileni wondered as she moved closer. And how soon should I attempt to move everyone? And who should go first? The enormity of what she was about to attempt hit her. There was no choice. Perhaps I can move us in pairs?

She quickly formulated a plan that had Saere and Ewyn going first, followed by Silver and Foxhead. She and the blacksmith could arrive last. I can do this! She thought with gritted teeth, and stepped forward to share her idea with the group.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-13-2001 05:25 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni found most of the group excited and willing to take the chance. Silver pounded one fist into the palm of his other hand and nodded briefly. Saere continued to chatter, looking out towards the island. Ewyn nodded briefly as well, but was distracted by the very necessary process of restoring the parchment. Foxhead grinned and shrugged his shoulders, game for any new adventure. H’Dero shrugged as well, face blank, then wandered off again. Something in the set of his shoulders again, told her all was not well with him, but she didn’t have time to investigate. Ewyn had indicated they needed to make haste, and H’Dero was known for keeping to himself when something bothered him.

Ileni mentally shrugged as well, shaking off thoughts in that direction. She needed to concentrate and focus her energy. She suspected that shifting three groups of people across the water to the island was going to seriously drain her, but she didn’t dare use any more potions from her already dwindling supply. I will do this. She breathed in deeply.

Saere and Ewyn stood in front of her, backs to the island, while Ileni focused on them and their new location. Saere tended to fidget, which was a little off-putting, and Ewyn was tenderly cradling the still-damp scroll. Both looked at her trustingly.

Following the illustration and the instructions in her mother’s book, Ileni pushed her hands out to her side, shoulder height, and then slowly brought them together in front of her face, gathering energy from the elements of air and light and water. She blessed the water they traveled over to form a bridge, and the air above it to be a safe path. She clasped her hands together; forefingers extended and brought them slowly to her forehead, chanting the words her mother had left her. Energy filled the air around her, the ends of her hair rose around her, dancing, she could feel her feet start to rise, ever so lightly from their connection to the ground. Air seemed to fill her arms as she flung her clasped hands in front of her, sighting down her pointed forefingers at the island. Final words of the chant flung to the wind, hands spread, fingers wide on either side of two standing in front of her, and with a loud gasp from Saere, the two dissolved.

Gone! I did it! Please be where I think you are! she beseeched them silently.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 07:23 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

Silver was taken aback at the sudden dissapearance of Saere and Ewyn. Phen - I beseech thee - Deliver us safely to the Isle, and grant Illeni the strength and courage to safely bring us to. Silver silently prayed in his head. He looked over at H'Dero, who seemed to be trying to stay to himself. Poor Man, May the Three be with him.

Silver looked over at Illeni, who cast him an impatient look.

"Sister GoldenFlight, are you ready?"

"Ready as I will ever be" replied a cheerful GoldenFlight, obviously happy that the spell she had casted was a success.

Sivler looked over at H'Dero, who seemed to be ready also, although it was hard to tell. Silver grasped H'Dero's shoulder, and rubbed it gently. The two then walked over in front of Illeni who began her wild dance.

It was the most amazing feelign in the world! It felt like they were being poked with needles from all around, but yet it didn't hurt. Silver could feel himself geting lighter, and he gasped. Suddenly, his vision went pure white. Moments later, =it returned to him, and he seemed to be in a forest, right beside Saere and Ewyn. He looked over at H'Dero, who had a faint white glow around him, but it was quickly dispelling. SSaere began chattering to Ewyn again, and Silver smiled. Thank You Phen he thought as he looked across the small sea, to where he could still see their campfire on the other side.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 07:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni had performed the transfer yet again! The last thing she saw as the two disappeared was H’Dero’s dark face. Be safe.She prayed quickly. Thinking of the blacksmith, she added, And well.

She staggered a little, from the energy drain, and sat down quickly in the soft sand. All that was left was Foxhead and her and the campfire. “Pray thee, douse the flames,” she waved at young Matthew and sat, conserving her strength as he ran to comply.

I hope the others have landed safely and on land! she thought as she watched the lessening clouds of smoke from the extinguished fire. I hope I have enough energy to do the last one right.

Foxhead appeared in front of her again, with a cheery, “Shall we?” and he laughed. She struggled to her feet, brushing the last of the sand from her robe. She sighed. One more time, I pray Thee Three, have us arrive securely.

It wasn’t until she had cast the final words, that memories of her previous prayers flew into horrified consciousness.

“NO!” she screamed, eyes popping open. Disastrous results occurred every time she called upon The Three!

The flash of white light swallowed her scream.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 08:22 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

A strangled gasp burst out the newcomer, whom glowed white for a brief period before returning to a normal state.

Saere raised an eyebrow at Ileni. 'Did you get bitten, Sister?' she asked, supressing a mischevious grin and muffling a giggle.

Strider is offline Old Post 08-14-2001 10:25 PM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Something doesn't feel right...

Right before the transportation, Matthew had seen the glowing aura, which should have been bright white, turn an odd purple color for a few seconds. An odd tickling sensation crept across Matthew's skin as he flew through nothingness...

...Only to arrive about 20 feet in the air

What the...

" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........"

THUD!

Crunch.

...And fell through the roof of a small straw hut...

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 12:00 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Ileni sank to the ground, exhausted but happy to be in one piece. She looked around to make sure everyone had arrived...Saere was giggling in front of her, Silver and H'Dero with their backs turned, Ewyn checking his scroll, and Foxhead...

FOXHEAD! Ileni surged to her feet again just as she heard a familiar scream in the distance.

" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........"

Fires of torment, may THEE rot......! she broke off before she blashpemied. Seething, a victim of another massive black mood swing, she started to race in the direction of the cry. She was stopped by a large hand landing on her shoulder.

"Allow me, Sister." said Silver, and grabbing H'Dero as he strode past, the two men trotted off in search of the missing traveler.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 08-15-2001 at 12:38 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-15-2001 12:07 AM