Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > ISRP Official Rules and Forum Rules
Like the rules?
This poll is closed.
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Total: 0 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Strider
TRPG Story Master

ISRP, standing for IronSphere RolePlaying has been a new thing on the block in terms of TRPG. A few rules have been set among ourselves that we wish to stand. At ALL times. They are split into three sections: Forum Rules, Roleplaying Rules, and Character Rules.

After much deliberation with myself, I have decided to expand and glorify these rules. This thread will always be here, sticked to the top of the page, like an announcement, except people WILL read it. But, without firther ado, we come to the rules themselves.

Roleplaying Rules

I have one simple rule for Roleplaying:
1. Read the Tribes Roleplaying Guide at www.tribesroleplayers.com.
The Guide is required reading. I am sure that no one is capable of creating a character and playing in this forum without reading this Guide. This Guide has everything you need to know on Roleplaying, creating characters, and having fun. BE WARNED: This Guide is based on the TRIBES universe, not Ironsphere. Therefore, I have these other sections of rules.

Forum Rules
Based on the Tribes RP etiquette rules, these are our high standards for our forum.

1. No cussing on, insulting or abusing other players and the forum.
I started this forum looking for a clean enviroment with which I can teach the fundamentals of roleplaying to a host of willing pupils. When a person comes into our forum and creates threads on game help and stuff not pertinent to the game, I will automatically get rid of the post. If that doesn't solve the problem, I ask JI to banlist them. Also, if you dare to cuss at or insult a character, you will automatically be banlisted from the forum.

2. Comments and criticism in the Character forum.
Evidently, some people do not read the Guide. It is your duty to point them to it. After that, if they continue to have trouble, help them out. Give ideas and help them add depth to the character. What we want is an army of roleplay worthy characters so as to expand upon the Ironsphere universe. Appropriate criticism is always welcome, and I most often add such helpers to my good list.

3. OOC posts
I know that some people like to OOC in a thread, but don't have an IC to put with it. In that case, create a thread saying [Story thread name] Comments and I will merge them.

Character Rules
Once again, this is based upon the rules set by the Guide.

1. Your character must be done in-format (check Saere or Ewyn for proper format. Note: SL team, I know you have them in format, don't bug me about it ).
Thus, it is easier to read and looks cleaner. Not only does it make it so I notice it, but it also makes you feel better about the work you've done on it.

2. Read the Character Development section of the Tribes Guide.
It provides valuable tips. 'nuff said.

Some options have came to my mind. I've noticed there have been quite a few mercenaries popping up. What I want is a diversified house system, somewhat like you will see in Ironsphere. In my case, I created the House of Caspian for the purpose of my character, Marius Caspian. I also thought of Keldrin being founded by the House of Kel. I want to expand on that option, and make it better. So, I've devised a format for creating houses, much like creating a tribe in Tribes Roleplaying. You will see it as I work on it. This will be in the Character forum.

Also, remember that your stories need not be based around Keldrin. As we move into the Irosphere universe, we will see scorching lava encrusted lands, as well as fertile forest and endless dunes. I want you to make your stories from one of these places.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Strider is offline Old Post 06-05-2001 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote