Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > The Raid
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Underloard
UndeadSkeleton

Npc View:

After the attact was over, The large Keldrin Army split in 2. 1 side went inside town and kept watch for any orge spys, and the other half had camp outside incase the orges tried to attack again. The Ralen army went inside also for backup, from previous attacks of orges. They all know that orges come back.

Go Non-Communists!

[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/wavingus.gif[[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/canadasm.GIF[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/englandsm.GIF[/img]

God bless America!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Underloard is offline Old Post 04-19-2001 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Underloard Click here to Send Underloard a Private Message Click Here to Email Underloard Find more posts by Underloard Add Underloard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

OCC: Hmm battle over? nah.

NPC view: Eric quietly walked the streets of keldrin tired from the fight. Then to his suprise, portals apeared around town. Warlocks jumped out and quickly organized. Eric shouts "WARLOCKS!" and draws his blade for battle.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-20-2001 08:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Underloard
UndeadSkeleton

NPC view

The guards run faster than ever to get to where the warlocks are while the orges attack again head on. The army is scared ****less as the orcs and orges are attacking from inside town and outside.

OOC: sorry about the language just made it more enthusiastic ( i know i spelled that wrong).

Go Non-Communists!

[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/wavingus.gif[[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/canadasm.GIF[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/englandsm.GIF[/img]

God bless America!

Underloard is offline Old Post 04-21-2001 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Underloard Click here to Send Underloard a Private Message Click Here to Email Underloard Find more posts by Underloard Add Underloard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: U-Lord... Don't swear in RPG posts or I will banlist you from the forums...

This is one of my posts from a RPG forum a little while ago... was a Diablo-type world... barbarians sorceresses etc

[A'Laoryn was frightened to his wits end]. Whatever the witch had spawned, it was big and hungry, therefore it was looking for him. He could hear it prowl on the other side of the opal wall, sniffing at where he had jumped through the illusion. The beast started roaring in confusion and raked at the wall. A'Laoryn saw the paw of the monstrosity sweep through the wall and heard it's almost comical growl of perplexity.

Notice how I use creative words to describe the feelings of my character... Can you please use better words rather then things you heard from whatever trash hole of a playground you play in?

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-21-2001 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NPC view:

Eric quickly attacked a nearby warlock cutting its arm to the bone. Another warlock from behind unleashed a cloud of thorns onto his back. Very few penetrated his armor. Eric winced in pain and struck the wounded warlock in the head killing him. By that time the warlock that was attacking him was under attack himself from a soldier. Soon the warlocks teleported out of town all at
once.

"What a weird move." Eric Exclaimed loudly. There was disorder a chaos around him. Then he looked into the sky and saw many arrows streaking into the town. Eric jumped under a table while shouting to his comrades to take cover.

Last edited by TridentRX on 04-27-2001 at 09:31 PM

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-21-2001 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Dammnit, they're attacking with organization, something that I've never seen orcs or ogres do. Kenni stood affixed in a high-mount position at the top of the ramparts which surrounded the city. Arrows were whizzing over his head, dangerously close. Kenni gave a quick glance at the status of Keldrin. Pheh, so much for chances of an orderly evacuation.

The town was in chaos and turmoil, with citizens and soldiers alike running in all directions to avoid the incoming volleys of arrows.

Being the only one who wasn't afraid of getting hit by an arrow by firing from atop the ramparts, Kenni was alone. Good thing I stole these jade-studded arrows before coming up here. Kenni knew that he shouldn't have stolen them from the scared-to-death shopkeeper, but he was low on ammo and had to fight the foul enemies of the east. Kenni let his arrows fly, and he scattered the ranks of the archers fairly quickly. The jade-studded arrows he had weren't merciful to the unprotected skins of the orcs. The volleys then broke up into disorder, and the rains of arrows were weaker.

Kenni shot the few remaining archers, and the last one who did not retreat fell quickly. Hmm.. at least he was honorable enough to fight to the death, and not to run away from a single archer plus a few field knights. Kenni breathed a sigh of relief when the orcs and ogres retreated and fell back. He thought that Keldrin had won, finally.

He eased up and sat down on a wall, when suddenly a powerful ogre magi silently teleported behind him. The magi muttered a quick incanation, and the spell of darkness hit Kenni moments after he realized what was happening. He was blown back from the fierce spell, and after a few seconds of trying to regain his equilibrium, he was blasted a second time with a wind spell. Kenni could not hold himself against the spell, and was blown far off the edge of the rampart. He fell for what felt like a day, and then absorbed a shock unbearable by any living creature. He slipped out of consciousness milliseconds after impact.

Last edited by Strider on 04-21-2001 at 03:27 PM

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-21-2001 08:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: Saddy, I edited out the caps on ogre magi, because it makes it look bad... I'm gonna keep this going... I'm tying in H'Dero and Saere

Marius felt defeated. His army had retreated from the warlocks that they couldn't get near, due to shield spells and deadly fireballs. A part of Keldrin was alight, and commoners rushed to put it out. A lone marksman was high up on the wall, arrows flying past his head. He seemed unfazed by the impending danger. He shot several of his arrows down at the ground. The enemy volleys seemed to falter, then peter out. A trumpet blast and lire player played the 'Hold Strong Song', a beautiful melody played by his private musician. Saere has returned? I must give her the instrument from the trader, then. Only a short while ago, Marius had met a lonely merchant travelling in his cart. Inside were marvelous jewels and trinkets. He had bought the elven ruby that supposedly brought good luck to the commander of the army, and a lire that the merchant said was blessed with the ability to instill emotions in the hearts of the listeners. Whatever the musician played and thought, those feelings would be tranferred into his soldiers.
"Saere!" He shouted, urgently. Saere whipped her head around, scattering her fine robes and sending shimmers of light around. "Use this instrument!"
Marius ran up to her and they had a short embrace, between friends. He handed her the lire. "Play the song, Saere. This is a magical lire."
She nodded and struck up the tune again. Soldiers who were still within listening range stood still as statues, and came rushing back to help with the fight at the gates.
"The Fighting Song!" Marius shouted to Saere, as he ran back to dress the battle line for the obvious impending attack. The song changed and quickened. The soldiers felt renewed wth battle lust.
Marius was grateful that Saere had come back. Not only was she one of the most talented lire players in the world, she was also one of the fairest maidens.
A flash of light caught his eye and he saw the marksman on the wal crumple. A dark shape was up there and he hurled his sword at it. Against all odds it pierced into the back of the creature, and it fell.
"H'Dero!" Marius called from the line. The blacksmith came out of his shop and Marius handed him the elven stone. "I go to find someone. Hold the line for me!" With that, he ran off into the night, searching for the marksman and the sword he had thrown.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Last edited by Strider on 04-21-2001 at 03:43 PM

Strider is offline Old Post 04-21-2001 03:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

H'Dero was well aware of all of the events occuring that battle-crazed night. He pocketed this elven ruby and ran back inside his dwelling to grab his sword. The diamond edge gleamed against the soft light of the lamps. He ran back outside and joined the army. His mind suddenly set. He wanted to win this. Although he had just "joined" the Keldrin Army, he felt he had authority. "Hey... HEY!!" He shouted at the disassembled army. "Get into your positions!" The army half-complied. H'Dero got anxious. "Let's MOVE! The ogres will be back!" He screamed. The army eventually took their place. H'Dero mounted on the gates of Keldrin. He raised his hand. Archers drew, lit their arrows, and prepared. Rumbling [OOC: no pun intended] in the distance increased. Finally he saw the bulky hide of an ogre, charging across the landscape. H'Dero quickly threw down his arm. "RELEASE!" He shouted. Whizzing and blurry lines filled the air. H'Dero hopped down from the gates. "Knights, lets move!" With the knights, H'Dero moved forward towards the oncoming ogres.

Rumble is offline Old Post 04-21-2001 04:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Scion chuckled softly to himself as he hefted the small bag of gold coins into the cup of the catapult. He had selected the best made of the siege weapons to serve as a wagon by removing a wheel in order that the confused army would leave it in their haste. After the army had scattered to engage in combat, he had finished loading all loose valuables unto the machine of war, as well as harnessing 1 mule and two horses to it.

No one appeared to be watching as he urged the overworked steeds to pull faster. Keldrin city was just ahead as the pair of Orcs spotted the slowly travelling pile of illictly gotten wealth. Unfortunately, Scion was so intent on avoiding the tumult in the city and assisting the animals in pulling the catapult closer to his den, he failed to notice the duo rapidly closing behind him.

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-21-2001 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

NPC View:

OOC: This isn't Kenni, but I want to RP right now and I can't because Kenni is unconscious. This is an NPC who was near H'Dero when Marius ran off. Delete this post if it's out of place.

"Get into your positions!" shouted the Keldrin blacksmith, as he desperately tried to rally the troops. And since when is he my commanding officer? Beuraguard ignored the blacksmith of the town and tried to figure out what to next.

"Let's MOVE! The ogres will be back!" yelled the blacksmith who was still trying to form the troops into battle ranks. Poor guy.. he is trying to get us to fight the right way. He deserves credit for that. thought Beuraguard as he finally complied with the "temporary officer" 's commands

They charged out between the gates and Beuraguard took down two ogres with 5 clumsy slices at the ogre horde. He then was bashed with a hammer, and fell to the ground. He was alive, but too weak to move. He lay there hoping not to get stomped on by an overweight ogre. He opened his eyes and saw his commander, Marius, kneeling down beside a crippled archer. Ouch.. his body looks twisted from a terrible blow.. what could have done that to him?

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-22-2001 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: Sad, it's ok to be an NPC... Your post is slightly wrong, because the lire Saere is using, H'Dero's commanding virtue AND the elven ruby would be working to make you follow H'Dero... What a big set up... ;-þ

Saere watched as the Army charged at the waiting orc hordes. They were standing in darkness near the bridge. Her lire was useless as they got out of earshot, so she hopped down from the fountain and went to find her beloved master. She wandered about the wall and found him next to a crumpled archer. She took another look at her new lire and set it down in her pack very carefully. She left it with Marius and ran to her room in the southwest corner of Keldrin. There were bottles and potions of all sorts there, and she grabbed a few and ran back to where she had found Marius.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-22-2001 01:27 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

"At last", Scion thought, as he pulled the heavily laden catapult into his stone warehouse. A glance behind him confirmed that no one was nearby as he rolled his prize into the shadows. As he closed and locked the heavy oaken doors, he was shocked by a "DDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIEEEE" from behind him. Scion spun to face this unexpected ambush, only to be hit with a spell from the warlock. The ball of ice hit him, causing damage and slowing him down as he drew his dagger from its sheath. The dagger rose only just in time to block an overhead blow from the other orc. Scion desperately tried to keep the swordsorc (Any other suggestions?) between him and the warlock in hopes of escaping.

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-22-2001 04:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

OOC: Hmm.. I see that my thread has been cut back down to 3 pages.. what happened? Did Strider delete all of the useless out of character posts?

Rumble: Actually, I did. And I took a helluva long time!

OOC: I never really thought I would enjoy RPing this much..

"Ugh....." .......damn.....I hurt so badly.......what the hell am I doing here?.............. Kenni struggled to open his eyes. He saw two people standing over him. The first one was obviously Marius Caspian, commanding officer of the Keldrin Army, with his galiant armor and all of the medals, merits, and badges he had on his uniform. Kenni did not know the other person, a lady, but she was standing over him with a glass bottle, filled with some bluish substance... Ah. She must have healed me. Now I remember.. that damned ogre blasted me off the top of the rampart... How am I alive? Kenni winced in pain when he tried to move, so he kept himself still.

"Are you all right?" asked the lady that had healed him. Kenni tried to move his mouth to respond, but he didn't have much energy in him to do it properly. "I... fell... alive... pain..." was all Kenni could manage to get out of himself. He felt himself drifting, and then blackness surrounded him once again.

Last edited by Rumble on 04-22-2001 at 07:38 PM

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-22-2001 06:29 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: A big round of applause for Rummy!

Saere looked at the marksman in alarm. His face was contorted in pain and he seemed to stop breathing for a moment, before letting a tortured gasp escape him. She poured a little more of the potion in his mouth and on his wounds. He winced visibly at the touch and Marius lifted his hand to stay her.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-23-2001 12:45 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Another stab of pain shot through Scion as the warlock cast again. Due to his extreme weakness to all forms of magic, he was unable to even defend himself against the magical attacks leveled at him. A bleeding gash opened across his back as he stumbled for his one hope of escape....the horses attached to the catapult.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-23-2001 12:49 AM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

OOC: DM, you're twisting the story out of focus... try to keep the roleplaying together with the rest of us characters... Anyways... time to finally use some of my virtues and flaws...

H'Dero steered clear of most of the conflict. With his sword wielded and wearing his personal splint mail armor, he ran up behind an orc, which had just killed a soldier. He shouted a fierce battle cry and plunged his sword through the orc's back. It growled in anguish. H'Dero pulled his sword out of the orc's green hide, stepped back, and kicked it sharply to the head. It flew forward and crumpled to the ground. H'Dero's anger flared. He moved swiftily around the field. An ogre lumbered up and began to circle him. It shouted incomprehensible ogre-lingo at him. The ogre finally lashed forward with it's giant hammer. H'dero jumped out of the way. The hammer planted itself in the ground, and the ogre took some time to pull it back out. H'Dero didn't waste this opportunity. He leaped forward and sliced the wooden handle of the hammer into two. The ogre expressed his aggravation by throwing the wooden handle at H'Dero. Not surprisingly, the overwhelming strength of the ogre made the wooden stub quite a projectile. H'Dero flew back onto his back, dropping his sword. The ogre yelled out "DDDIIIIEEE!" and raised his bulky arm to pound H'Dero. H'Dero cringed. A nearby archer took stance, and produced a flaming arrow which pierced the ogre through the head. Lifeless, it began to fall forward. H'Dero rolled out of the way, next to his sword. He breathed a sigh of relief...

Rumble is offline Old Post 04-23-2001 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Kenni cried in pain as he fell to the ground once again. He had seen the man attack the ogre bodly, and had seen the ogre knock him down with half a stick. The ogre had then rushed to finish its unprotected prey, when Kenni had jumped up, regardless of the searing pains all across his body, picked up his bow and snatched an expensive arrow from a nearby troop, and then had shot the ogre just before it could bring its fist down upon the brave man.

Why did I do that for? What does he mean to me? thought Kenni as he felt an excrutiating agony swell up in him.

Last edited by Strider on 04-25-2001 at 08:46 PM

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-23-2001 01:25 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NPC view:

Eric jumped backward just in time to avoid a clumsy swing by a orc. Then the orc brought the hammer full circle and made another quick strike scraping Eric in the side and knocking him off balance. The orc paused and raised his hammer for the kill....

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-27-2001 09:29 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

OOC: I could have sworn a post just dissappeared from here...would anyone happen to know why?

Edit: one of my posts, that is.

Last edited by DeathMerchant on 04-28-2001 at 06:56 PM

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-28-2001 05:58 PM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

OOC: It's Strider's turn. Silly guy and his T2.

Rumble is offline Old Post 04-28-2001 08:20 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Marius stood, uttering a curse against the orc bretheren. He stood tall and drew his sword. It flashed in the moonlight.
'Stand fast and tall, men! Form a shieldwall!' he shouted. Turning to Saere, he spoke softly, 'Get behind the city and call out the Fanel Army. When we reach the enemy lines, they must ride the horses through the orc lines.' She nodded, and ran.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-28-2001 09:36 PM
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

OOC: Uh huh, you go do that Saere, meanwhile I'll be sitting here dieing of pain and agony with half of the bones in my body broken into 3 pieces and while blood gushes out like a geyeser from my body. Other than that, I'm just dandy

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-28-2001 10:59 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

OOC: Where the hell can I get silver in here?!!

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 04-28-2001 11:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

OOC: One problem with standard "fight" scenes is that they tend to only have room for straight fighters. I prefer long drawn out conflicts with lots of intruge, spying, etc for roleplaying. It would be much more involved than "He killed another Orc."

Rumble: So I don't have to make another OOC post, I'll just post in here. Let's end this damn thread soon!

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-29-2001 12:52 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Marius helped the marksman to his feet and excorted him to the Healing Houses. He struggled slightly, but Marius kept a firm grip on his arms and laid him on a cot. The healers began the work readily. The sounds of battle had receded, and as Marius looked outside, he saw the Fanel army in all it's glory. H'Dero sat in the middle of it, slicing around him and yelling orders.

'The battle is won,' said Marius to his men, 'It was long drawn and bloody. Rebuild what you can. Go to it.'

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-29-2001 02:12 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Thread discontinued

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-29-2001 02:13 AM