Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > Story Forum > The Raid
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Kenni sat at the peak of the mountains to the North of Keldrin. He looked down into the Town Of Keldrin, and was surprised to see the leagues of Marius Caspian assembling frantically at the gates of Keldrin.

What in Phen's name are they doing this time, Kenni thought to himself. He gazed up past Keldrin, and saw hordes of ogres and orcs surrounding and closing in on Keldrin. So, it's a raid. Kenni shafted an arrow onto the shaft of his old bow, and swiftly sprinted down the mountain. He passed through the town, and started running even faster. Kenni's blood boiled beneath his skin as he remembered his family being killed by the ogres.

I'll get them this time. Kenni thought to himself, as his eyes coldy locked onto the incoming orcs and ogres.

Kenni stopped running, out of breath. He had run down the 3 mile tall mountain and then across the 4 mile plains to get past Keldrin and almost to the river, nonstop. He fell to the ground and lamented over the sight of the enemies so close, and he not being able to reach them. The enemies were about 5 miles away, and he couldn't possibly reach them before the next day.

I best wait for Marius's men to come down. He thought. He didn't know how long he could wait within sight of the ogres. He pitched up his tent.

Tommorrow I will attack, Marius or not. Those *******s will get it for what they did.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: You're forcing me to post, you little bugger ;-þ After this, it's g'night

Marius tried to assume an air of composure, but in the frightening hustle and bustle that the soldiers were exuding, it was a difficult task. The orcs were most likely going to rest... He scanned the horizon, noticing a tent up on the mountains, faintly glowing with the soft light of a campfire. He dismissed it as another annoying trader, coming to sell his wares in the highly successful town of Keldrin.. He was making sure there was no split in the enemy, and that they weren't resorting to their usual tricks, luring the defense away while a reserve force came around behind, burning and pillaging.

Marius forced a semblence of control on his face and ordered his aides to dress a battle line and keep the soldiers on their toes. Orcs tended to attack during the night, and he didn't want to have an unprepared army on his hands.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 03:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Kenni stood behind an oak tree just outside of the small camp that he had made, with an arrow notched on his bow. It shouldn't be long. They'll send one of their scouts.

A few minutes later, Kenni heard the loud whoomphf whoomphf whoomphf whoomphf of an ogre stomping across the ground. He struggled to keep his rage under control, and barely managed to do it. You're trying to get information, not scalps! Calm down and get your head down. He's going to see you.

The ogre brought out his huge hammer, and leaped inside of the tent with a boisterous "Diiiiieeee!" and ripped the tenting apart. He was confused when he didn't connect with anything, but before he could react, Kenni brought up his bow and leveled it with the ogres head.

"Shaddup and put the hammer down, unless you want this between your eyes." The ogre hesitated, and then put the hammer down. "Now tell me where your king resides, and I'll let you go." The ogre spat at Kenni's feet. "Noo, huummaan. Yoouuu wiiilll noot geeett tooo my leeadder thhaat eeeassilly. Kiill meee if you wiissh, buut knooww thhhaatt iiiff you kiilll mee, you..." The ogre was cut short by the arrow that flew through his throat. Piece of crap.. now what the hell do I do with an ogre body? Kenni stared down at the camp. It was about midnight, and he noticed one fire still burning. Dammnit, someone was awake to hear that ogre's loud "stealthiness." I bet that is Marius.. trying to keep watch...

Kenni fixxed up what was left of his tent, and went to sleep, knowing that the next morning, somebody was going to come, someone interested in the night's events.. Crap, I messed up again..

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

As the sun sank below the distant mountains, Scion noticed that the defending force of Keldrin had assembled outside the citiy walls. There where only two reasons for that, a battle, or an importaint visitor. Either provided many opportunities for a skilled theif. A thin smile streched across his windblown face as he crept torward the camp.

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 04:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Marius noticed two things as he sat beside the fire with his watchmen. A long dialogue made by an orc, or an ogre, and a slight rustling far over in the bushes. Both were reacted to. He sent a scout to get a look at the fire he had seen earlier, and went over to the rustling in the bushes himself. He tiptoed up to them and sliced through them, causing a yelp of fear. A robed orc had been sneaking into the general's tent. He brought his sword Orcist down on it's covered helm. The diamond edge cut through it swiftly, and he signalled his men to remove the body.
"Strengthen the watch. Alert the archers to start the flames. I want our cavalry ready on the mountain slope. Make sure the horses make no noise. I will shoot the signal myself. One flaming arrow. Go." Marius ordered, watching the men flee to their designated positions.
One of his soldiers stood and peered at some bushes on the far side. Marius struggled to remember his name, and dismissed it with a sigh. Old age was tough.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 09:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NPC view:

It was the bleak of night and Eric was a little tired. He was assigned to look out for ogres in this area with a friend and he kept a good eye out for the enemy. Just then he saw a shadow dart between bushes.
'Hmpf... Too fast for a ogre, must be my mind playing tricks on me.' He thought. But he continued to stare and saw it happen again.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

NPC View:

Herald stood proud among the other troops. He had just come of age, and he now was finally permitted to fight the orcs with the defenders of Keldrin. He smiled as he turned his eyes towards Marius Caspian, leader of them all. He was still smiling when the arrow hit him in the eye.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Scion paused, waiting for the Ogre to follow his trail a little further for dramatic effect, then burst from the bushes torward the startled watchman with a large ogre scout hot on his heels. In a voice calculated to sound paniced, he shouted for help.

The Ogre closed fast, ignoring all other humans besides the one he was pursuing, and raised his large steel sword above his misshapen head for the blow...

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 10:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Marius recoiled from the ogre, and it shot past him, intent only on his prey. Someone shot an arrow at the ogre, but it bounced off the leathery hide. The ogre half turned and swung at some soldiers scrambling out of the way. The huge hammer decapitated two, and smashed full into another. He flew back into a knot of archers, where he lay still. Then the other soldiers pounced on him. When they withdrew, all that was left was a mishapen, bloody mass. They sighed in relief, hoping that no more monstrosities of this size would besiege them from the shadows.
Marius was breathing hard. The club had narrowly missed his head as the ogre had ran by. He tried to calm himself, but only suceeded in becoming suspicious of the man who had led it upon them. He knew almost every person in his army, as he oversaw drafting himself. This man he had never seen, and he wasn't dressed in the army outfit. He ordered the battle line to be dressed and went to investigate.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 10:35 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Scion gathered himself up in feigned confusion, and began profusely thanking the warriors gathered around him. "I was on my way to Keldrin to sell a small quantity of precious gems I had purchased from a passing traveller and this hideous beast sprang at me from the bushes. I carry only a small dagger for protection, so I ran from it. Thank you all, very much!", said Scion as he offerred some small pieces of topaz to the soldiers out of seeming gratitude.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 10:51 PM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NPC view:

Eric found it interesting that this stranger was giving topaz out to the troops, and rather strange.
Eric confronted the stranger. "You are not leaving till you talk to Marius." Eric grabbed the stranger’s arm.
"Come with me."

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

"It was up around here somewhere!" "Well, do you see anything?" Probably some scouts sent up to investigate sighed Kenni after hearing the voices. Curse my carelessness, and curse Marius's damn eyes.

Kenni shafted an arrow and kept another one at ready. "Wait, look over there!" said one of the scouts, seeing Kenni's ruined camp. Just as the two scouts came around the tree into the clearing, Kenni popped out from behind the tree and shot an arrow at one of the scouts. "Aaah!" shouted the hit scout, more in surprise than in pain. The other scout hesitated in surprise, and then he too fell to the ground.

"Call yourself scouts? Pheh. What has the Army of Keldrin come to now" The scouts got up, and plucked the arrows out of the shoulder part of the armor that stuck away from their skin. "You'll get in trouble for attacking an enlisted member of the Keldrin Army, you fool!" snorted the scout who had been hit first. "Not before you two get in trouble for carelessness. Now let's go see your commander, shall we?"

OOC: Someone pick up from were Herald/SilverHorse was shot in the eye, it sounds cool.

Last edited by ~SadFriend~ on 04-16-2001 at 01:16 AM

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-16-2001 01:12 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

OOC: Silver made it...Silver, post here, Biotch! LOL

Scion made no resistance as the one they called Eric took him to see this Marius. After all, these were nothing but soldiers, wise in their own way, and nessessary, but lacking the overriding self-interest that distinguished them from him. Unfortunately this was not the army of a wealthy king, but an army built for efficiency. Well, it would do. Weapons and armor were always of some value, especially to certain people. He made every effort to appear harmless as he was guided to the large armored warrior. "So this must be Marius" he thought.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-16-2001 02:58 AM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

OOC: Try to tie this in...

H'Dero couldn't fall asleep that night. Looking out his window, as the Keldrin army was summoned, he became tense and nervous. He knew something horrid was beyond the gates of the protected town. Something ready to strike at any moment. He had his sword by his side. Maybe I should check on my equipment... he thought, trying to have a reason to stay awake. He lit the oil lamps around his residence. He paced around his well-known smithing room. Everything was peaceful. He returned to his bedroom and blew out the lamps. He lay down and gazed at the army, as it shuffled about. Guess I'm going to have to wait this one out...

Last edited by Rumble on 04-16-2001 at 03:44 AM

Rumble is offline Old Post 04-16-2001 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Location: living in the backwoods of Montana making small letter bombs and writing a manifesto

OOC:I have to appear somewhere

*Is lieing on the bank roof and hears a noise coming from one side of the army*?!?!*K'enth stands up on the roof of the bank and looks at the army below* Hmmmm *see a man being taken to Marius* I wounder who that is *Yells* MARIUS WHO DID YOU CATCH STEALING THIS TIME!

-If I were you I would run. If you were me you would be good looking.
-You've just hit rock bottom and you're only starting to dig.

God Bless America

If you post something great we'll use it and abuse it!

Last edited by Shadow Wolf on 04-16-2001 at 06:35 PM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 04-16-2001 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Wolf Click here to Send Shadow Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Wolf Add Shadow Wolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Scion turns and points out the funny man standing on the roof to Eric. "What on earth is he doing up there, and why is he shouting?"

Rumble: lol... Strider get out of your T2 Trance!

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-16-2001 10:54 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: Sorry, I was playing B&W... Addiction...

Marius towered over the slight man. Dressed as he was, he could only be a well-off thief of some sort... Did he plan to bring the ogre upon us? he wondered, Or was is by accident, like he attests?

The man on the roof startled him into turning. A scuffle behind his back turned him and he found the guard lying on the ground and the thief escaped. "Thief in the camp!" Marius bellowed.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 12:57 AM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Location: living in the backwoods of Montana making small letter bombs and writing a manifesto

*sees the man hit the guard on the back of the head* &#@%! *grabs his light crossbow and loads it with a light Q* That little #$@$ *aims ahead of the man and fires*

OOC:I dont want to kill him

God Bless America

Last edited by Shadow Wolf on 04-17-2001 at 01:38 AM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 01:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Wolf Click here to Send Shadow Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Wolf Add Shadow Wolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Kenni looks up as he nears the Keldrin Army's camp. What the.. The Army was in complete chaos, with orcs and ogres jumping in and out of bushes and some thief dodging this way and that from the reach of the guards. Damn, what HAS become of Army nowdays? I should get a better shooting position, in any case.

The scouts gaped at the havoc being wreaked among the ranks of their Army. One of the scouts regained his awareness, and started to turn around. "I swear, you damned stranger, if this is of your doing..." he stopped short.

The mysterious bowman who they had went up the mountain for and were coming back down the mountain with was gone.

Last edited by Strider on 04-17-2001 at 08:36 PM

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 02:50 AM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

*looks up and sees the orcs and orges* O ****! *throws him self over the top of the roof to his stuff and grabs his repeating crossbow* to himself, damn their attacking and i'm low on ammo! *loads the crossbow and Yells* THE ORGES ARE ATTACKING!!!!!

God Bless America

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 03:10 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Scion flinched as the quarrel impacted into the lower left portion of his back. He took the opportunity to fake an instant death, crumpling to the ground. His heart pounded wildly as the sounds of the soldiers came closer. As one of the fleetest pursing warriors bent over him to check for signs of life, he lept upward, smashing him senseless with his fist. He then dropped the piece of quartz from his battered hand. "It's been a long time since I used that trick" ran through his mind as he dodged into the area in which the mangolel's were gathered. It seemed strangely deserted, as most of the warriors were still reacting to the attack of the orcs. He wedged himself into the smallest hole in the wooden machinery he could find, unsheathing his dagger and looking around as he did so. He really didn't want to kill anyone, as that tended to complicate escape. However, if it was him or them, he had no compuctions about running someone through. Hopefully the war in progress would distract them enough...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 03:29 AM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

OOC DM I aimed infront of you not at you o well

*sees the man fall from his Q* I hope i didnt kill him *grabs his stuff and jumps off the roof landing hard* OW!

God Bless America

Last edited by Shadow Wolf on 04-17-2001 at 04:05 AM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 03:51 AM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

*looks up and sees that the man is gone but still pulls out the healing potion* now where did he go *spys the blood on the ground and sees that it goes to the mangolel* so thats where he want *follows the the blood to some of the wooden machinery and Yells* You may need this *puts up his repeating crossbow and throws the potion over next to machinery* that should help him *hides in the shadows near by*

OOC: this is where my ghost skill comes into play

God Bless America

Last edited by Shadow Wolf on 04-17-2001 at 04:21 AM

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 04:19 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

*thunk* A potion landed within the small cup of the mangolel in which he was crouched. "Blue is always a healing potion", he thought. "Thanks!" As the he felt the healing drink flow through him, he realized that he did not even know who his benefactor was. Wait, perhaps he did...the man with the crossbow. A look of surprise had crossed his face as the quarrel struck Scion. Scion would remember.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 04:37 AM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

*Pulls out a gold* this should help him more I didnt mean to hit you *throws the gold to where he throw the potion*

OOC: i'm still using the ghost skill but i cant move from my spot or i can be seen. But I can throw stuff

God Bless America

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 04:47 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

A gold piece bounced off the wooden side of Scions cubby hold and landed in his palm. Never one to turn down free money, he quickly pocketed it. However, his curiosity was aroused by these strange gifts. He cautiously scanned his surroundings, then stuck his head out and looked for this mysterious benefactor. To his immense surprise, no one was around. He asked, "Where are you?"

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 05:48 AM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

*Smiles* would you like to know *checks to make sure he has his WWs on and takes to the air* You may see me around *starts to laught as he flies off*

OOC: lol i'm going to bed now so bye BTW i appear when i took to the air

God Bless America

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 06:01 AM
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

OOC: Shadow, I don't think that we need to be so technical about the game. You don't really need to say windwalkers, but something else, like the magic ability to soar above the ground, is better. Plus, the bank roof you were talking about sounds incredibly close to the previous Keldrin Town, the one before Keldrin City.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenni crouched beneath the bushes and shot another ogre down, bringing Kenni's head count to 6. Ignorant fool.. Kenni observed the commotion between the thief and of the strange villager who had just flown away. So who is the bad guy?

Kenni notched another arrow, but instead of aiming it at an ogre or orc, he pointed the bow to the villager who was flying away. He was about to release the arrow, but then thought against it. You don't know if that was the person causing the trouble, and there is no way to make a right choice before you know anything. Best to keep that thief under watch, though.

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 06:33 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

OOC: What's with all the excess posts? Put it in an Edit: or an OOC IN YOUR LAST POST

Marius frantically tried to hold his line, and although his facial features were as smooth as the pond in his country home, his mine was so ruffled it was hard to beat back the orcs swarming towards him. Two arrows struck and clanged off his armor. An orc scimitar swept at his helm and was blocked by one of his shieldsmen. Two halberdiers charged him and were struck down by archers. Time seemed to stop, and he felt like he was made of lead, everything slowing down around him.

The battle passed, leaving at least a thousand bodies on the ground. Ralen [OOC: Ralen is a new outpost town :End OOC] has arrived over the mountains, with their infamous haldberdiers leading the charge, followed by the more reknowned cavalary, who were excellent marksmen, being able to hit even quickly moving orcs from saddleback.
The Ralen army charged the orc flank, and they retreated, howling and hooting with booty they had snatched from the dead bodies of the Army.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Last edited by Strider on 04-17-2001 at 08:51 PM

Strider is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 08:44 PM
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

OOC: Strider, that annoucement has been up for a while.. But anyway, I don't think that I can act as a hero that well.. I dunno.. Give me the ok and I'll make a hero. Also, what is this Kenni character I have? He looks like a low and grunt-ish to me. I actually was trying to make this character like Aragorn, as I like the Hobbit series for much..
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenni was on a rampage, running and shooting his bow endlessly at the retreating ogres and orcs. Earlier he was having a little bit of fun testing his skill by saving the two scouts that found him numerous times at the last second, just before the ogre slammed his hammer into him, or just before the orc sliced his neck with a scythe.

However, he couldn't contain himself at the opportunity of attacking the retreating army, when they were helpless. 23 years ago, I was the helpless one. Now, it is time to let them know what it feels like. Kenni chased the ogres for a good two hours, and then couldn't take it anymore. He dove inside of the nearest bushes and went to sleep.

He awoke much later, and he opened his eyes to see.....

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-17-2001 09:29 PM