Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > General RP Discussion > Behind The Scenes...the Making Of Divinity
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Behind The Scenes...the Making Of Divinity

You guys ever wonder what goes on between postings? And how stories, I mean, role-playing is put together. Here's a little sneak peak, fresh off tonight's installment:

(With permission from Moderator SilverHorse

--------------
SilverHorse: As the Cave Troll stepped out of the mines, Silver shouted "Every man, healer, and woman for themselves!!" and then sprinted back to keldrin. =P
SilverHorse: This almost looks for a cue for me to step in..
GoldenFlight: ROFL! Ileni said, sorry, I've got a bridge tournament with the "girls"
SilverHorse: How DO you slay a cave troll?
GoldenFlight: I have no bloody idea!
GoldenFlight: But if you and matty team up ...I suspect you can do some damage.
GoldenFlight: Maybe Saere ought to sing it to sleep
SilverHorse: Silver stared at the montrosity in front of him. He then put his hands up and formed a T. Phen sent a referee down from the heavens. He came over and asked what was wrong. Silver whispered into his ear "I wet myself"
GoldenFlight: post that in OOC!!! LOL
SilverHorse: rofl!!
SilverHorse: did =P
GoldenFlight: ROFL!!!
SilverHorse: Hmm
GoldenFlight: go for the knees or the eyes.
GoldenFlight: think about a blind cave troll smashing around...
GoldenFlight: whoops, watch your step....
SilverHorse: Silver thrust his sword through the air. It hit the beast in the eye. The troll screamed "Och! me eye! I was just goin to da pub lad! Did you have to hurt me eye?
GoldenFlight: no no no no: MY CONTACT! NOBODY MOVE!
SilverHorse: LOL! personal foul, 20 yards!
SilverHorse: hmm...
GoldenFlight: no. a used car, I mean, horse, salesman walks up and while he's dazed, we all slip past.
SilverHorse: Hrmm
SilverHorse: we should make this somewhat comical as a relief to someone who is reading the entire thing
GoldenFlight: yes. I mean, I can throw rocks. Saere can start singing and the beastie starts to hold his ears and groan. Sommebody gives him a good swift kick you know where....
SilverHorse: lol! the esquire!
GoldenFlight: ROFL!!! as he's dancing around in pain, his head collides about RIGHT there!
SilverHorse: lol Silver and H'Dero stand there stunned. They didn't even have to do anything!
GoldenFlight: hahaha. Matty wants to lose his battle axe.....that would hurt.
SilverHorse: O_o
SilverHorse: Matty wants castr......OHHH his BATTLE AXE Naugjhty silver
GoldenFlight: YOU GOT IT!
SilverHorse: bad bad bad
GoldenFlight: so the poor cave beastie holds himself and dances up and down and falls into the mine, killling all the goblins with a massive cave in.
SilverHorse: H'Dero would go INSANE
SilverHorse: his mine!
GoldenFlight: ROFL! He wakes up, holding his head and notices....
GoldenFlight: OCH ME MINE! ME MINE!!
SilverHorse: Then the cook runs up and hits everyone in the head for smushing their food.
GoldenFlight: we need an OOC thread for bloopers and boners and things not posted!!
GoldenFlight: i should just copy this whole thing into a new thread....lol
SilverHorse: lol yeah
GoldenFlight: I think I will. I'm gonna call it: BEHIND the SCENES.
SilverHorse: no no1
GoldenFlight: no?
SilverHorse: Behind The Scenes, the Making of Divinity
GoldenFlight: ROFL!! YOu got it.
SilverHorse: make it feel like a VH1 special or something =P
GoldenFlight: heh.

There you have it folks. A story that will never be told on the screen, I mean forum. That's all for tonight. Thank you, and I hope I'm still around to post again.... assuming I'm not fired.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 03:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Take #two...

As Ileni and Saere scrambled backwards, the Cave Troll suddenly tilted his head back and roared. Ileni stopped in her tracks. Saere looked at her, and stammered, "C..come on....l..let's g..go!"

Ileni, staring resolutely into the mouth of the giant scaly thing, shook her head sharply. "NO! I can't! Just look at those teeth!"

She marched up to the Cave Troll and whacked him on the knuckles with her staff. "Look at you! When is the last time you brushed your teeth? Do you even have a dental plan? Can I interest you in our 6-month free trial of Healer's Health Plan Deluxe? Comes complete with two free healings, of non-serious nature and a genuine, money-back guarantee on a crystal blue potion, Shall I super-size it for you?" She blinked and smiled sweetly, holding out a pen and a parchment. "Just sign here and today, just for being willing to sign up for this one-time offer, I'm prepared to give you.."

Ileni was suddenly bashed into the ground in teeny tiny pieces.
"NO.." bam!
"..Tele.." wham!
"...Marketers!" Slam!

The rest of the Fellowship cheered the angry Cave Troll.

CUT! "That was good, Miss GoldenFlight, but we need more smile. Alright people, places.! Somebody get her out of the dirt....jeez!"

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 06:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Take 2 #2

"Psst... hey nice job on that bash there buddy. But i'm gonna have to slam this axe's pole," Matthew directed the troll's attention at his rusty battle axe, "somewhere where its gonna hurt. Sorry, but yanno this crazy guy called "TheMatt2000" is obsessed with chopping people there. I gave Larry quite a scare when I swung it up between his legs. Hope wardrobe gave ya a lot of extra padding there. I'd loan you some of mine, but ahhh, its a little small for you. Go figure. Can I meet ya for lunch after the next take?"

Matty

Level:1337... What else? 8)
Admin:Owner. Quest-Guy. 'Nuff said.
Server:Divine Mythical Realms
Misc:Creator and Co-Owner of DMR.
Divine Mythical Realms Forum and Docs

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 07:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

/me holds his head.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 02:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheRealCrash
TravellerKnight

LOL. Too bad IRC doesn't work because my step-dad configured WinGate and our firewall to prevent most things from going out or coming in. (paranoid)

TheRealCrash is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 03:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealCrash Click here to Send TheRealCrash a Private Message Click Here to Email TheRealCrash Find more posts by TheRealCrash Add TheRealCrash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

You have WinGate too eh? Do you guys have ANY idea how long it took me to figure that thing out?

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 04:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

quote:
Originally posted by Strider

/me holds his head.

Does this mean I'm not fired? (borrows Foxhead's signature grin, blink, blink, blink)

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 05:47 PM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

My sentiments exactly, Stroodle.

Rumble is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 06:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

quote:
FLAW: VITAL: Humor. gets me into MORE trouble...

Well, you guys ARE moderators. You can always delete it.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 07:47 PM
TheRealCrash
TravellerKnight

I don't like WinGate too much, but he is too cheap to get a better one.

TheRealCrash is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealCrash Click here to Send TheRealCrash a Private Message Click Here to Email TheRealCrash Find more posts by TheRealCrash Add TheRealCrash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Take 2 #3

"WHAaaaaaa.

"Sorry everybody I got somethink stuck in my throat... Yo Larry can ya get me some water over here?"

"Dude, I'm playing a nearly dead goblin. They had to drop a war hammer on my legs for crying out loud!"

"Ahem. Ok, lets try that again."

"WHAT?!"

Ouuuuuuuuch! MY EYES!!! Who the heck made sparks come out of those stupid things?!?!?

Matty

Level:1337... What else? 8)
Admin:Owner. Quest-Guy. 'Nuff said.
Server:Divine Mythical Realms
Misc:Creator and Co-Owner of DMR.
Divine Mythical Realms Forum and Docs

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 04:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

"OK, everyone, take five!"

"My feet hurt"

"Bah, you think you hurt? Who has to play a goblin here?"

'Well, at least you spend half your time laying down."

"Thats because Im unconsious, dimwit!"

"Alright, back to work."

"This is the goblin police! Put down the warhammer and no one gets hurt, Now!"

I don't think I got enough sleep last night... I'm not making much sense. :-)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-25-2001 05:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

ROFL@DM!

"SHLURRPEEK? SKSKLICKLICKLICK?" WHO writes this stuff? I sound like a drunk munchkin. Oh yeah, that's gonna look real good on my play sheet. Joe, you gotta get me a better part! You're killing me! You're KILLING me!"

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 04:27 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

This sounds like bloopers for Fellowship of the Ring.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 04:56 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Sister Eglantine, Take #2

"well you know that little goblin in scene two? I could tell you things, why just the other day I found him dipping into green paint to keep himself in prime condition, the shame of it! I mean, have you SEEN his fur? The roots, they're GRAY! It's just amazing how long a guy like that can hang around, but once the skin goes, why it's all over! Oh honey, you AREN'T gonna wear that shade are you? It's not your..."

fffffzzzzzzziiiiiiitttttttzzzz
zzzzzzzzz.....KKKKKKKKKKKERBLAMMO!

"EEEEee....."

CLUNK.

"Whoo-hoo! Good one Ileni! "
"Nice shot!"
"Good beam!"

"TEAM STORM SCORES."

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 07-26-2001 06:43 PM
TheRealCrash
TravellerKnight

ROTGLMGDAOCSTH@Goldy
(rolling on the ground laughing my gosh darn asss off causing my stomach to hurt)

TheRealCrash is offline Old Post 08-16-2001 03:03 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

O_o

Women, pfft, go figure.

=]

I hate gossipy women..

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-16-2001 04:16 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Goldy, I mean, Ileni REALLY hates gossipy women!

she is looking in her mother's spell book for...ah ha! Found it.

#Cast maskingtape

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-16-2001 04:45 AM
TheRealCrash
TravellerKnight

While Ileni is trying to snap Silver out of his trance, H'Dero takes a peak at some of the things her mother had written. One passage wrote:
"Through my travels I have learned many things. On one of these trips I learned about witches. When the towns people of Jaten were accusing a woman of being a witch, the Nobleman of the town was taking the role of judge. After a series of questions on why she was thought to be a witch, the nobleman began to go through the steps of telling who is a witch. When asked why witches burn, the towns people said because she is made of wood. The nobleman then asked what wood does in water. Some said float, other said sink, then others said gets wet. He congradulated those who said it floats. Proceeding with his questions, he asked them what else floats in water. I thought I knew the answer, so I yelled it out. 'Very small rocks', I said. Then an old lady said bricks, and a young child said coconuts. Then, the wise king said ducks. The nobleman was delighted with this correct answer. He then said the reason witches float is because they weight the same as ducks. When put on a scale they weighed the same. We then burnt her at the steak, and roasted pigs ears and apples over her."

After reading this, H'Dero hides the book from Ileni to protect her from such madness as this, and for his own pleasure reading.

TheRealCrash is offline Old Post 08-18-2001 03:30 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

ROFL! And I thought that witches were quackers.

Or is it because when they cast a spell, everybody says, "DUCK!"

Or because they cook your goose?

or...mmmphhhh...masking.....tape....off....mmmmphhhh!

----------------
The rest of the cast stalked off into the sunset.

"That was good, yeah?"

"Definitely. I'm gonna carry this roll of tape with me all the time now."

"Hmmm, think we can use that to fix the window in my trailer?"

"Well, prolly. Say, who wants to hit the beach?"

"OOOh, great idea!"

....fade......

GoldenFlight

Level:90
Remort:1
Class:Necro/Death Minion
Race:Elf
House Fenyar Website

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 08-18-2001 at 07:35 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-18-2001 07:17 AM
TheRealCrash
TravellerKnight

(Go rent Monty Python and the Holy Grail, then you should get most of that.)

TheRealCrash is offline Old Post 08-18-2001 01:07 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

And pulling the pin on the Holy Hand Grenade, and counting Thrice, not once, not twice, but thrice.....

But I'm not dead yet!

Come back here and I'll bite you in the leg!

None of that!

What is your name? What is your quest? What is the air speed of a swallow flying....

What kind? African or European?

I don't know. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aahh!

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 06:12 AM
TheRealCrash
TravellerKnight

"But you've got no arm."
"'Tis but a scratch."

"I thank thee, oh Lord..."
"Take that, and that!"

Ohhhh-kay. That's enought outta me.
As a wise youthful sage once said

-Shutting up.

TheRealCrash is offline Old Post 08-19-2001 07:33 PM