Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > General RP Discussion > The Retooled ISRP Roleplaying Forum Rules
Like the rules?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1337 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1337 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Strider
TRPG Story Master

The Retooled ISRP (Ironsphere Roleplaying) Forum Guidelines

Seeing as how we've had an onslaught of people who aren't reading and then complain because I 'treat them unfairly', I guess I'll have to make it PERFECTLY CLEAR.

Forum Rules

1. First rule, most important. This is my forum, where I have final say over EVERYTHING. If you don't like it, complain to JI. I'll tell him exactly what I always do. 'If they want to write an OT (off-topic) story, let them write it in the General or TribesRPG forum. But this is IronSphere Roleplaying. This is MY turf, where every post is on topic.

2. Second rule. Read the Guidelines at www.tsayadin.com/trp As I've told everyone, it has EVERYTHING you need for roleplaying.. Don't bother commenting to me that it's about Tribes and that you can't read it because of that because....

3. Third rule. Read the Storyline Reads and Writes at http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~rpg/announcement.php?forumid=35 . If you don't read it, expect to be ridiculed or at least scorned by myself.

4. Fourth rule. There are three types of threads. Open threads, warned threads, and invite only threads. Open threads allow anyone to join in. Warned threads usually have a backstory to them, and you should check with the author before posting. Invite only threads do not allow outside posters to post, and usually have a message denoting that.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Last edited by Strider on 08-21-2001 at 09:28 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Strider is offline Old Post 06-05-2001 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Location: living in the backwoods of Montana making small letter bombs and writing a manifesto

Guidelines help READ THEM! Ignore the stuff that will only work in reg tribes. (guns, jetpacks, spaceships, and the like that dont belong in the trpg) Just look at the basic stuff about making chars and how to rpging.

(PS: add another vote to yes strider. your read and write link is broken)

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 01:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Wolf Click here to Send Shadow Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Wolf Add Shadow Wolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knight Delta
GoblinThief

For me, TRP was inaccessible for the last, like what, two weeks...

Oh, and im yet to find a thread that says wether its a warned, invite, or open thread....

Knight Delta is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 08:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Knight Delta Click here to Send Knight Delta a Private Message Click Here to Email Knight Delta Visit Knight Delta's homepage! Find more posts by Knight Delta Add Knight Delta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Kergulla is a good one.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 01:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anfini
GoblinRunt

What are you talking about, Strider? 'The Campaign of Kergulla' is 100% invite-only! =)

[In case other people didn't catch the sarcasm or even the happy face (Which normally denotes sarcasm or jokes), 'The Campiagn of Kergulla' is an open thread. (As far as I know... We haven't heard from Carasser, the thread starter, in weeks.)]

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 04:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Anfini Click here to Send Anfini a Private Message Click Here to Email Anfini Find more posts by Anfini Add Anfini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knight Delta
GoblinThief

You mean that Campaign of kerugella is an OPEN thread?!
All I need now is a summary of whats happened. more than one page long, i aint readin it... :P

Knight Delta is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 04:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Knight Delta Click here to Send Knight Delta a Private Message Click Here to Email Knight Delta Visit Knight Delta's homepage! Find more posts by Knight Delta Add Knight Delta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anfini
GoblinRunt

Heh heh... What'd you think it was, Knight Delta? =)

Whew, now that I think about it, we have been at this story for a while... Okay, here's a summary, as best as I can remember:

• a bunch of goblin runts attacked Keldrin Town, so Kergulla (the main character at that point), goes to the mine to seek revenge
  • Krasus and Preston (whatever happened to Preston, anyway?) were mining when they heard a sound, which was Kergulla fighting
  • they come in, help, yada yada yada, and Kergulla just leaves and goes back to town
  • Sean, another character who was hiding in the shadows follows him
  • Krasus and Preston follow after Sean, but he knows they're following him and he confronts them
  • Sean tells them that Kergulla is evil and he must kill him, after which Krasus teleports them to town
  • Kergulla was eating, and was shot in the back of the neck with a blowgun
  • he was not killed, and as he is being carted away to be cared for, Krasus, Sean, and Preston meet up with Rhonin, which is the person who shot Kergulla
  • the next day, Kergulla goes to the mine with soldiers to kill the runts, and Sean and company meet them
  • a battle ensues, and Sean cuts down Kergulla, cutting him to to a bloody pulp by slicing again and again
  • Sean's memory returns and he realises that he is the evil one, not Kergulla
  • Sean's body changes to that of a demon, and he leaves, while Krasus and Preston return to town
  • some miscellaneous things happen between Krasus, Preston, and Anfini (my character), read story for details
  • the Jaten army attacks Keldrin, led by Anfini
  • Anfini is wounded in the battle
  • another battle ensues, during which Gasala and BlackLeaf magically create a moat between the armies
  • a dragon, Blade, comes forth from the mountains
  • the dragon is wounded and falls to the town square in Keldrin
  • present time

Obviously this summary is void of detail or length, and if you are interested in the actual story, its there, waiting to be read. I suggest you read at least the most recent posts, to get a detailed sense of what's happening.

Anyone can join in at any time. As previously stated, the thread starter hasn't been seen in weeks, so the thread belongs to the people now. =) The people say that 'The Campaign of Kergulla' is an open thread. (Just don't join with something stupid and/or unrelated.)

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 04:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Anfini Click here to Send Anfini a Private Message Click Here to Email Anfini Find more posts by Anfini Add Anfini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anfini
GoblinRunt

Talking

On a side note, when I voted 'no' at the top of this page (just a joke, don't kick me out of the forums), I recieved an error message that read, "There is a slight problem with the database." I kind of chuckled, hit back, and selected 'yes'. The page loaded, said, "Thank you for voting, Anfini," and I was taken back to the page with the votes displayed: 100% yes, 0% no. I'll have my own vote. =) Is the "slight problem" deliberate or not?

Yes
1 (me)

No

Anfini is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 04:47 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

=] I had no problems voting no.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 07:03 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

Strider, can you tell who voted yes and who voted no?

I'd hate to be the sucker that boted no right now.

croaton is offline Old Post 08-30-2001 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Strider: FYI: I can't get to the link under the third rule (not that I need to by now, I hope). I'm hoping that's my connection and not a broken link.

Also: as far as STARTING stories: clarification please: story concepts need to be approved first before started on THIS forum, yes? The stories/concepts posted here HAVE to fall within the HISTORY as you outlined. [I know that falls under RULE #1, just wanted to make sure there was NO doubt about it.]

I think it would be helpful to have a permanent post on the Story Forum of the History you wrote. That way we'd all have an easy to get to reference. ??

GoldenFlight

Level:90
Remort:1
Class:Necro/Death Minion
Race:Elf
House Fenyar Website

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 08-31-2001 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anfini
GoblinRunt

I have the same problem, GoldenFlight. It is indeed a broken link.

Strider, just an idea, instead of posting the link (which changes all the time on these forums), just post the path that you see at the top of the page. For example, the path to this page is:

Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > General RP Discussion > The Retooled ISRP Roleplaying Forum Rules

Just a thought.

Anfini is offline Old Post 09-01-2001 02:40 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Hm.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 09-01-2001 02:41 AM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

I voted no cuz noone else did

I dont rp anyways

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-07-2001 02:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knight Delta
GoblinThief

could i get an updated summary of Kerugella?
Since its a you-can-jump-in-without-notice-as-long-as-you-dont-destroy-the-story NOW im REALLY planning on joining it.

Knight Delta is offline Old Post 09-17-2001 04:51 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Technically, my character are tyring to stop the battle, and then a big dragon came in and start screwing things up...

Also, read my post about Blackleaf casting a spell... That is mana summoning. Please do your spell castings like that.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 09-17-2001 08:58 PM
Shadow Wolf
UndeadNecromancer

Location: living in the backwoods of Montana making small letter bombs and writing a manifesto

lol i may just rejoin the Kerugella thread again the becouse croaton hasn't been around for 5 days to repley to my post in the Black Ring thread.

-If I were you I would run. If you were me you would be good looking.
-You've just hit rock bottom and you're only starting to dig.

God Bless America

If you post something great we'll use it and abuse it!

Shadow Wolf is offline Old Post 09-17-2001 09:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Wolf Click here to Send Shadow Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Wolf Add Shadow Wolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Bah! Bull ****!

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 09-23-2001 04:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

quote:
Originally posted by SolarRPG
Bah! Bull ****!

No comment eh? =D

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 10-04-2001 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knight Delta
GoblinThief

How can I replay to someone who writes "Bull ****) (Four Stars Bull...)?
Just kidding.

Knight Delta is offline Old Post 10-04-2001 08:28 AM